Why would you release this game with no group PvP or Endgame? Bored already.

Karst

Group PVP is garbage, and PvE content will probably become available pretty quickly since there's 2 years worth to funnel over from Korea. 

It's the first few weeks of a F2P MMO, though, and I think the 1v1 arena is the real competitive, long-term element of the game, so if that or super-grindy Korean PvE aren't that interesting to you, or the gameplay and thematics themselves aren't enough to keep you hooked, this may not be the game for you. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am actually enjoying every aspect of the game except the long spawn of the materials and bot farmers and gold spammers.

I would like to see some "SCHEDULED" faction/clan war in the future. Something like every MWF or any day of the week that everyone will look forward to. Then we are going to invade some castles or maybe a faction base then whoever wins will have some good rewards. Then individual rewards for guild with lots of of contribution to the war.

So we have motivation to really farm the great weapons and equipments to edge the war. Ha!

Something like that :p

Just quit the game if you dislike it.....what are you wanting someone to hold your hand and whisper in your ear that it's going to be ok?

Just go and play something that you find fun sheeze.

As for the PvP I cannot wait for the tourneys to come out along with this new patch! For those of you crying that it's not balanced please leave... in the arena it doesn't matter what gear you have really besides soul shield and those are faceroll easy to get... You can BEAT ANY class, but you have to know what your enemies weakness is which means yes you have to learn EVERY other class besides yours....

I don't know if you guys are just out of the loop or what, but I keep hearing that the level 50 cap and new area release will have tons of balance changes for every class, and that all the current PvE stuff is the "easy" PvE stuff while what's coming out next is all the really hard PvE stuff.

Everyone keeps complaining about balance, dungeons, easy bosses, pvp, upgrading gear, when the game isn't even on the latest version yet because they are still working on porting it.

Literally no one should be able to judge anything until we see what this level 50 stuff is all about.

2 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

I don't know if you guys are just out of the loop or what, but I keep hearing that the level 50 cap and new area release will have tons of balance changes for every class, and that all the current PvE stuff is the "easy" PvE stuff while what's coming out next is all the really hard PvE stuff.

Everyone keeps complaining about balance, dungeons, easy bosses, pvp, upgrading gear, when the game isn't even on the latest version yet because they are still working on porting it.

Literally no one should be able to judge anything until we see what this level 50 stuff is all about.

What we have now is easy stuff because the game just came out.

It would be stupid to throw in a TON of hard things when the game is new for "most" people....

This was just basically to let you figure out which class you like and to get a taste of how the game is...without going "OMG this game is way to hard I don't understand a lot of it."

example would be a 100% brand new person trying out WoW it can be VERY overwhelming unless you have buddies to help ya

Anyways I agree with you 100%

Just clarify, there is a unreleased 6v6 gamemode for Blade and Soul.  The main downside of it is that from what I've looked up is that  you'll need the proper "up-to-date" to remain competitive in that mode (unlike 1v1 and 3v3 tag team matches since stats are balanced there).  From what little footage I've saw from the 6v6 gamemode looks interesting, but again if you don't have the proper equipment it's better to hold off on it until then. 

9 hours ago, Karst said:

It's too bad 1v1 PvP is relative garbage compared to 3v3 or 5v5 arena PvP, or else I'd be more interested.

3v3 or 5v5 is garbage because it never show true skill of players. Win/Lose is much more dependent on your teammates than your own skill.

Most MMO have only 3v3 or 5v5 arenas because they can't balance the shit out of classes so 1v1 will be unfair and boring. BNS is the only MMO I have ever play with balanced pvp that a skilled player can beat a less skilled player hands down regardless of which classes they use.

1v1 is for real pvp lovers, 3v3 or 5v5 is for noobs that wants to get carried and feel good about being carried. 

3 minutes ago, Smilence said:

3v3 or 5v5 is garbage because it never show true skill of players. Win/Lose is much more dependent on your teammates than your own skill.

1v1 is for real pvp lovers, 3v3 or 5v5 is for noobs that wants to get carried and feel good about being carried. 

This opinion is about as retarded as Karst's opinion about 1v1's.

Both formats are valid. Both formats require a high amount of skill from all participants at upper tiers of play.

Just now, noctred said:

Both formats are valid. Both formats require a high amount of skill from all participants at upper tiers of play.

Nah, 1v1 in class-based games is referred to as RPS (rock-paper-scissors), as 1 class usually has an advantage over the other.

Anyways, team-PvP simply can't work in a game where every class is DPS, because you'd overwhelm the first person to get targeted in 2 seconds. It's not skill-based in any sense, maybe twitch-based.

4 minutes ago, noctred said:

if 3v3 or 5v5 requires true skill tell me why there is no esport for 3v3 or 5v5 for even the most popular MMO.

Heck even MOBA games have plenty of 1v1 elements, early game in LOL and DOTA is mostly about 1V1 and build advantage in your lane. You can't just throw multiple players in a small area let them fight and call it skill-based, never. 

5 minutes ago, Smilence said:

if 3v3 or 5v5 requires true skill tell me why there is no esport for 3v3 or 5v5 for even the most popular MMO.

Esport is an authority? It's just a hobby.

I'm not aware of any personally (I don't follow esports), but there are plenty of games which support team-based esports. Just because MMOs are not one of them, means that MMOs have to change.

The only genre where 1v1 is warranted are non-class based FPS games, where both players have access to the same skillset/weapons.

Classes are a crutch/RNG mechanic to prevent people from losing by being bad, since they will still win some simply based on their class. It's a 'feel-good' butchering of 1v1. Another great example being CC/stuns, which never used to exist in games, but are now an easy button.

6 minutes ago, 2501 said:

Nah, 1v1 in class-based games is referred to as RPS (rock-paper-scissors), as 1 class usually has an advantage over the other.

Good thing we're posting on a BnS forum, where that's not the case.

---

@Smilence

Because the "most popular MMO" you're referring to has zero interest in esports and is primarily a casual pve game before anything else. Also, a mmo not being involved in esports doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of its team pvp.

3 minutes ago, noctred said:

Because the "most popular MMO" you're referring to has zero interest in esports and is primarily a casual pve game before anything else. Also, a mmo not being involved in esports doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of its team pvp.

Well, technically, the PRIMARY reason MMOs are not esports is because they all throttle server updates to 150+ms. Your 20ms ping means nothing when the server only sends 6-7 packets per second to prevent DDoSing itself from all the players. This applies to every MMO without exception. FPS games can send 10-20 times that amount of packets, although some modern ones are also throttling it to save on bandwidth/server costs.

6 minutes ago, 2501 said:

Classes are a crutch/RNG mechanic to prevent people from losing by being bad, since they will still win some simply based on their class. It's a 'feel-good' butchering of 1v1. Another great example being CC/stuns, which never used to exist in games, but are now an easy button.

Thats not true for BNS. I am gold and I can beat any silver player regardless of the class they use without effort.

And I will be beaten by a Plat player easily regardless of the class they use.

1 minute ago, Smilence said:

Thats not true for BNS. I am gold and I can beat any silver player regardless of the class they use without effort.

And I will be beaten by a Plat player easily regardless of the class they use.

That's not science. When 2 players of equal skill are compared, then your argument falls apart.

9 minutes ago, 2501 said:

That's not science. When 2 players of equal skill are compared, then your argument falls apart.

Nope, mine is the counter argument against the argument

Classes are a crutch/RNG mechanic to prevent people from losing by being bad

Sorry in BNS if you are bad you don't stand a chance against me. Whatever class you pick I will kill you while my health bar stay almost full.

10 minutes ago, 2501 said:

BnS has some micro-imbalances between classes but, in general, it's a very balanced 1v1 game - not sure how much experience you actually have with it.

Also not sure if you realize that this game has been an esport in the east for years.

"A bot could do it"

- A bot can literally do anything it programmed well enough. You can beat every human with bots if you want to, once you put enough effort into it. Hardly something you can use as an argument.

"Nothing to do in PVE"

- I highly doubt you you have the best gear. I mean, it's possible... but i dont think you have. That would basically mean you spend hundreds of gold for the soulstones needed to upgrade alone, farm the blackwyrm ring and have the best weapon currently available. Since pve IS about progression, if you dont want to do it you cant really blame that there is nothing to do.

"Nearly unavoidable aoe spamm"

- Well.. so it's not that easy then, huh? The only (pretty much) unavoidable aoe spamm is done by the terrors. Or at least i dont know how you would counter them since they dont seem to have any patterns, spamm it in random amounts/times and do insane (hello vermillion) damage if you get hit by any of it. Other than that i cant really think of any boss mechanic that cant be dodged. Blackwyrm has this annoying huge roar, but you can time it in your head. Either count the interval and run away, or count about 2 seconds after he used a specific skill and use ss. It's by no means unavoidable. So i dont know what you are talking about.

To me it sounds more like you dont like the pve content and dont like the pvp content either. If so, i dont know why you are playing the game. 

You like pvp? Great. You reached gold... so what? Go higher, perfect your skills. You are not nearly considerable good, i can assure you without even playing pvp. 

You like pve? Great. Get the best gear and if you really already have (including all weapon/equip upgrades and the ring+gems from blackwyrm) farm some money until the next patch. Many of us enjoy the content, and the smallest ammount of players should actually own perfect gear right now - even if many will have really good gear. 

That said, we also only have like ~15% of the pve content that's available in other reagions and we will get more every few weeks / months. I understand why they released the game in this state. It's so that we can experience the whole game and not just rush to max in a month and then, for real, have nothing to do. That would hurt the game a lot more.

Of course all i said is based on assumptions and my own opinion. Feel free to disagree with my opinions or to tell me that you are the best pvp player and own the best pve equip possible^^ 

11 minutes ago, Smilence said:

Nope, mine is the counter argument against the argument

Sorry in BNS if you are bad you don't stand a chance against me. Whatever class you pick I will kill you while my health bar stay almost full.

Obvious throw-away troll account. No comment.

11 minutes ago, noctred said:

BnS has some micro-imbalances between classes but, in general, it's a very balanced 1v1 game - not sure how much experience you actually have with it.
Also not sure if you realize that this game has been an esport in the east for years.

At the top level especially (any level really), even micro-imbalances make a difference. https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/411otv/class_distribution_breakdown_for_the_kr_pvp/

8 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

"A bot could do it"

- A bot can literally do anything it programmed well enough. You can beat every human with bots if you want to, once you put enough effort into it. Hardly something you can use as an argument.

"Nothing to do in PVE"

- I highly doubt you you have the best gear. I mean, it's possible... but i dont think you have. That would basically mean you spend hundreds of gold for the soulstones needed to upgrade alone, farm the blackwyrm ring and have the best weapon currently available. Since pve IS about progression, if you dont want to do it you cant really blame that there is nothing to do.

"Nearly unavoidable aoe spamm"

- Well.. so it's not that easy then, huh? The only (pretty much) unavoidable aoe spamm is done by the terrors. Or at least i dont know how you would counter them since they dont seem to have any patterns, spamm it in random amounts/times and do insane (hello vermillion) damage if you get hit by any of it. Other than that i cant really think of any boss mechanic that cant be dodged. Blackwyrm has this annoying huge roar, but you can time it in your head. Either count the interval and run away, or count about 2 seconds after he used a specific skill and use ss. It's by no means unavoidable. So i dont know what you are talking about.

To me it sounds more like you dont like the pve content and dont like the pvp content either. If so, i dont know why you are playing the game. 

You like pvp? Great. You reached gold... so what? Go higher, perfect your skills. You are not nearly considerable good, i can assure you without even playing pvp. 

You like pve? Great. Get the best gear and if you really already have (including all weapon/equip upgrades and the ring+gems from blackwyrm) farm some money until the next patch. Many of us enjoy the content, and the smallest ammount of players should actually own perfect gear right now - even if many will have really good gear. 

That said, we also only have like ~15% of the pve content that's available in other reagions and we will get more every few weeks / months. I understand why they released the game in this state. It's so that we can experience the whole game and not just rush to max in a month and then, for real, have nothing to do. That would hurt the game a lot more.

Of course all i said is based on assumptions and my own opinion. Feel free to disagree with my opinions or to tell me that you are the best pvp player and own the best pve equip possible^^ 

This.

And I have tried to avoid terror AOEs, only had success when I was 100% focusing and not using other skills.

My ping is 60 ms so I guess terror AOEs can be avoidable if I live in dallas. 

3 minutes ago, 2501 said:

At the top level especially (any level really), even micro-imbalances make a difference. https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/411otv/class_distribution_breakdown_for_the_kr_pvp/

The "data" in that thread's OP is literally useless for qualifying the current state of class balance.

Luckily the other posters in that thread seem to understand this.

11 minutes ago, noctred said:

The "data" in that thread's OP is literally useless for qualifying the current state of class balance.

Luckily the other posters in that thread seem to understand this.

People are just biased. They'll use whatever excuse they can to justify it so they can continue to win using imba classes.

Give us new data then, before you refute an argument. I had a look at the Korean NCsoft ranking pages, but I can't read Korean.

You've done nothing to disprove this data except reference some 'hypothetical' comments on a very low-brow social network.

Logic does not follow: If all classes were balanced, then you wouldn't see the tendency to select certain classes for PvP.

In fact, Top 500 is a solid sample size and should give you a decent picture of the situation (Incidentally, the CC classes end up top in 100+).

50 minutes ago, noctred said:

The problem with team PvP is that it 100% requires a premade group that synchronizes their lives with each other to compete seriously.  And if you play without a pre-made group whether you have any success at all is completely determined by your randomized team.  If you're actually good at the game becomes more and more irrelevant as the teams get bigger.

This is the first MMO that's actually managed to do 1v1 reasonably well, and that alone makes this game worthwhile. 

Archived