Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I logged in today and saw several obvious bots over level 10. Anyone can log in and see how obvious they are. The bots are teleporting around. All of them seem to be destroyers doing daily quests, specifically in the starter area. Its now a mini-game for the players to report all of them. This is 100% ruining the mmo experience for me. NCSoft, please do something. 

Edit: the level restrictions from the recent patch don't mean anything if the gold spammers are botting beyond the restriction. They are botting faster than players can normally level.... this is beyond ridiculous....

2 minutes ago, hase said:

auto mute wont help, since bots can just change their name every minute

Auto Mute would be of some help, as it would mute that character till a GM where to review the character.  If they swap to another character and spam, same happens there.  It would give us some relief compared to filling our block list of fifty slots in three mins, only to find there are still another hundred spammers going on still

As anyone who had more than a nano-seconds experience of games could see, the anti-spam measures taken by NC where useless.

Not slightly useless

Not marginally useless

Not mostly useless

But - Completely and utterly useless.

How the developers thought their actions would in anyway stem the flow of gold selling spam is beyond me, and everyone else who could see it.

All you have done so far NC is frankly embarrassing.

Shitty method of " fixing". Haven't they learned of their other games? Putting a chat level requirement doesn't help. They should've changed the faction selection quest from the start. Every botter is back, and they're all level4 or their profiles are unavailable. I'm literally done with this. It's like they're trying to make this into a single player game and I'm expecting a refund for whatever I spend on this game.

6 minutes ago, Taleon said:

Auto Mute would be of some help, as it would mute that character till a GM where to review the character.  If they swap to another character and spam, same happens there.  It would give us some relief compared to filling our block list of fifty slots in three mins, only to find there are still another hundred spammers going on still

There are many people, you cant wait for a gm to watch over everyone. Thats a lot of work, almost imposible.

The only solution is to spam in every blade and soul media about spammers xD

you do realize that most of these bot accounts are premium/ which means they are paying NCsoft for premium.  which is giving NCsoft revenue by the minute each bot buys premium. which are thousands of accounts. let that sink in. the bots are giving NCsoft more money than any f2p player ever will. if its legit accounts 

Just now, Poeticintellect said:

you do realize that most of these bot accounts are premium/ which means they are paying NCsoft for premium.  which is giving NCsoft revenue by the minute each bot buys premium. which are thousands of accounts. let that sink in. the bots are giving NCsoft more money than any f2p player ever will. if its legit accounts 

Thats why i said NCsoft only cares about money and thats it

1 minute ago, Poeticintellect said:

If I were NCSoft, I'd ban their accounts, so they have to make more accounts and pay more money for premium :D

Just now, Poeticintellect said:

Posts like this make me feel glad that I waited before investing in this game.

Just now, YukiNagato said:

Posts like this make me feel glad that I waited before investing in this game.

This actually would give NCSoft incentive to ban them, every time they ban an account a new one has to be made, new account = new premium = more money.

7 minutes ago, Poeticintellect said:

This is weird, though. Why are the botters spending money? I can't see a reason for them.

7 hours ago, azraelkun said:

Lol ncwest can u see that?

even though they have premium, anyone from early access can tell you that in early release, before f2p, the bots were completely manageable on our block lists. Wasn't until after f2p launch that it became unbearable. Yes, if the game was subscription based, you'd still have bots, but it'd be substantially LESS bots. Hell, even games that are B2P don't have a 3rd of the bots we have. 

Archived