Players abusing the distrubtion methods

Arcteren

On 1/20/2016 at 3:01 AM, Lock6 said:

Hello,

While we appreciate your frustration, we do not allow players to call each other out in this way on the forums.

Can we get some information on intended action regarding this exploit, rather than chastising a player that not only has a very valid concern - but is calling out someone who, by all rights aside from those granted the ToS, deserves it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Goji said:

Even if so, they've released games in NA before and should be aware by now of how things are.  Changing the loot rules whenever is just a ridiculous thing to allow people to do.  It's like adding a "steal everyone elses gear" button to the party interface, and then saying "I didn't think anyone would actually use it" when people start complaining. 

Exactly, I understand the reason for the function, but it does not belong in public groups (i.e. cross server dungeon finder) it's fine for private parties but should be disabled otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Goji said:

Even if so, they've released games in NA before and should be aware by now of how things are.  Changing the loot rules whenever is just a ridiculous thing to allow people to do.  It's like adding a "steal everyone elses gear" button to the party interface, and then saying "I didn't think anyone would actually use it" when people start complaining. 

Unfortunately a game can be out for as long as B&S has in other regions and the game devs/publisher know nothing about the game and the inner workings. If no one complained about it in Alpha/CBTS or if they did and it was glossed over they'd never know about it.

6 minutes ago, Raptarius said:

Exactly, I understand the reason for the function, but it does not belong in public groups (i.e. cross server dungeon finder) it's fine for private parties but should be disabled otherwise.

Agreed. The loot rules should be agreed upon after the party is created, in the staging area before entering the dungeon. Once the party leader has entered the dungeon the loot rules should be set in stone (if a voting system is implemented for mid-dungeon changes, the vote needs to be unanimous).

Only way I can think of is to change the loot settings so that it HAS to be set in the beginning. Then, the rest of the members can leave or discuss if they dont agree with the loot methods. Similar thing happens with bidding, people pretend to bid up the item I want, and they put it in a high ridiculous price knowing that someone needs that item.

5 minutes ago, snowowl said:

Only way I can think of is to change the loot settings so that it HAS to be set in the beginning. Then, the rest of the members can leave or discuss if they dont agree with the loot methods. Similar thing happens with bidding, people pretend to bid up the item I want, and they put it in a high ridiculous price knowing that someone needs that item.

Why go through the trouble when you can just slip a 1g bid in right at the beginning? No one's paying attention at the copper stage. (Not that there's anything NC can do about that one, impatience is just human nature.)

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

Why go through the trouble when you can just slip a 1g bid in right at the beginning? No one's paying attention at the copper stage. (Not that there's anything NC can do about that one, impatience is just human nature.)

Waiting until the rest of the members get impatient can go backwards, they can bid high and then pass.. 

I haven't been that far in the game, so doing dungeons like Blackram narrows have the copper stage 

Block them, you won't be matched with them anymore. Also, try the search function next time, this is at LEAST the third time I've seen this EXACT SAME THING brought up TODAY.

This is not an exploit, the system is working exactly as it's designed, this is a problem that is limited to the NA region. NA players are assholes, plain and simple. This is NOT a problem in the CN or JP versions, and it NEVER IS. So before you start flaming the GMs for something that is NOT broken, start being more critical of the way people in America are raised.

1 minute ago, Indaril said:

I never experienced this problem playing on Japanese servers......

Two words: Cultural differences. 

Well, the problem itself isn't exactly that clear cut but the way their populace is brought up (like with their education system, for example) and the values instilled in them during the process does make for some fundamental differences. The finer details would be too much to explain even in a TL;DR but the gist of it is that you would expect more "honorable" conduct and teamwork between each other in life, and that would be expected to spill over in game. The predominant "Western" ideal of "me first, screw you all"  and the whole "fer teh fukin lulz, trollolololol" attitudes that come with it (coupled with the primal sense of greed) make for a more interesting and aggravating experience.

They have more important things to worry about right now than a handful of people being assholes. All posts like these do is spread the knowledge of the ability to abuse this, thus adding to the problem. Report the issue via a ticket, block the person, and let it go. Yes, it needs to be fixed, but until it does it needs to be kept out of the public eye or it's going to spread like wildfire.

Use common *cricket* sense people, when a new disease is discovered you quarantine the area, you don't go around with the sick person shoving it in other peoples faces like "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!"

5 hours ago, Sanctified Sinner said:

The predominant "Western" ideal of "me first, screw you all"  and the whole "fer teh fukin lulz, trollolololol" attitudes that come with it (coupled with the primal sense of greed) make for a more interesting and aggravating experience.

This is what I have experienced playing on Iksanun so far. I still play but am thinking of not playing much longer.

What we should do is make a big enough thread that NcSoft ask team bloodlust to change loot rules to need/greed for cross-server dungeon.That way problem solve but it's not NcSoft that can change loot rules it's a development team in korea.

On 1/30/2016 at 8:11 PM, Keawen said:

What we should do is make a big enough thread that NcSoft ask team bloodlust to change loot rules to need/greed for cross-server dungeon.That way problem solve but it's not NcSoft that can change loot rules it's a development team in korea.

nah this system has been around since day one of the korean launch, its been like 3 years, and its still here.

On 1/20/2016 at 8:55 AM, Arcteren said:

xGPpjMt not sure if you can see this image, first time posting a picture.

So today me and my friend were grinding the dungeon trying to get Merry Potter secret technique. And we went to F8 the universal dungeon to grind it. 

After we killed the boss when the loot was about to drop, the team leader changed the loot distrubtion method to leader distrubution or heroic auction. Which means if the item is not heroic, whoever picked it up will get the loot. So he pressed pickup and changed the loot distrubtion method, then he collect the item in the loot box. Then he quit the dungeon right away, and I forgot to screenshot his character and his name.

Dont hunt items with Cross-server idiots, just doit on your server with ppl you know :)

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 9:01 AM, Lock6 said:

Hello,

While we appreciate your frustration, we do not allow players to call each other out in this way on the forums.

Lock6, you might want to rephrase that.

Appreciating someone's frustration (as in actually liking that someone's frustrated) or Understanding someone's frustration is 2 sides of a coin really.

• NCSOFT
1 minute ago, DragonsUnfoldLumi said:

Lock6, you might want to rephrase that.

Appreciating someone's frustration (as in actually liking that someone's frustrated) or Understanding someone's frustration is 2 sides of a coin really.

Hi,

I can see where the confusion comes from, this is an English idiom that uses the less common definition of appreciate. Rest assured it means that we understand and respect the fact the situation is frustrating.

I usually avoid using it, it must have just slipped out. Being an English English speaker online can be a minefield.

ah, so the identity of the scumbag that ninja all the loot by changing the loot system to master loot is protected by witch hunt or naming shaming part of the TOS.

this will encourage more people to do it now, cause they're protected by NCSoft.

now i'm definitely thinking to do it my self the next time I got my chance as party leader.

This happened twice to me in one day, I made a ticket and got an automated response back. What I wonder is if this is even against the TOS ?

Will they even punish the players that do this because this is just going to happen more and more until it is fixed. 

Archived