Players abusing the distrubtion methods

Arcteren

xGPpjMt not sure if you can see this image, first time posting a picture.

So today me and my friend were grinding the dungeon trying to get Merry Potter secret technique. And we went to F8 the universal dungeon to grind it. 

After we killed the boss when the loot was about to drop, the team leader changed the loot distrubtion method to leader distrubution or heroic auction. Which means if the item is not heroic, whoever picked it up will get the loot. So he pressed pickup and changed the loot distrubtion method, then he collect the item in the loot box. Then he quit the dungeon right away, and I forgot to screenshot his character and his name.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Meese said:

That's pretty shitty thing to do. Guess the only thing to do in these kind of situations is to blacklist those people (+guild) and know never to do runs with them.

Or let their guild leads know,and see how the guild handles it, instead of nixing and entire guild over 1 bad player.

20 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Hello,

While we appreciate your frustration, we do not allow players to call each other out in this way on the forums.

Hey they apreciate your frustration .... isnt that like taunting someone ? lol . Thx for your frustration please keep us posted.

18 minutes ago, Gintoki45 said:

Why can't we call out scum bags for?

Called witch hunting. Every game forum has this policy. But with reporting people not working at all, I feel like this rule should be lifted for the time being???

Either way I've seen this happen way too often. They're able to get away with this for the time being :/

2 minutes ago, Arcteren said:

And there is way too many AFK players in the level 45 dungeons, what we do is that once we see someone afk we just leave the party and leave the dungeon

oh see My crew and I will vote kick anyone who afk's for a non good reason in our party. :/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2016 at 9:01 AM, Lock6 said:

Hello,

While we appreciate your frustration, we do not allow players to call each other out in this way on the forums.

But you don't care to change it, right? Knew it, but keep appreciating. That helps.

Honestly a bug like that should not make it into the game.

On 1/20/2016 at 0:01 AM, Lock6 said:

Hello,

tell the development team to do something about it.

this is going to keep happening.

i dont even know why this option is still available in the game

Yea, being able to change the loot rules mid-run is dumb.  Hell, you can even do it mid-fight in this game.  Just wait until the boss is basically dead, change it to leader loot and voila, free gear. 

How a game that's been around this long can still be accommodating this kind of thing is very confusing.  Why would they let the leader of a randomized group change the loot rules whenever he wants?  This is just such a basic oversight it shouldn't even be possible from a company that has any experience designing MMOs.

4 minutes ago, Goji said:

Yea, being able to change the loot rules mid-run is dumb.  Hell, you can even do it mid-fight in this game.  Just wait until the boss is basically dead, change it to leader loot and voila, free gear. 

How a game that's been around this long can still be accommodating this kind of thing is very confusing.  Why would they let the leader of a randomized group change the loot rules whenever he wants?  This is just such a basic oversight it shouldn't even be possible from a company that has any experience designing MMOs.

It's not an issue in the Asian version, it's always an NA problem. Even when I played Archeage the original game devs were baffled at the ways NA players would grief one another just for some gold and said they never intended for it to be abused/used in that manner and surprised that anyone even thought to do that. Most people think it doesn't have in Asian game servers because they use their SSN but that's only for bannable offenses, things like being an ass just doesn't help them progress as much as actually putting forth effort does.. and generally they aren't assholes outwardly - and I say this from experience playing on the CN server for B&S.

On 1/20/2016 at 0:29 AM, Kageshin said:

Called witch hunting. Every game forum has this policy. But with reporting people not working at all, I feel like this rule should be lifted for the time being???

Either way I've seen this happen way too often. They're able to get away with this for the time being :/

every game forum on NA has this policy..no where else lol

8 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

It's not an issue in the Asian version, it's always an NA problem. Even when I played Archeage the original game devs were baffled at the ways NA players would grief one another just for some gold and said they never intended for it to be abused/used in that manner and surprised that anyone even thought to do that. Most people think it doesn't have in Asian game servers because they use their SSN but that's only for bannable offenses, things like being an ass just doesn't help them progress as much as actually putting forth effort does.. and generally they aren't assholes outwardly - and I say this from experience playing on the CN server for B&S.

Even if so, they've released games in NA before and should be aware by now of how things are.  Changing the loot rules whenever is just a ridiculous thing to allow people to do.  It's like adding a "steal everyone elses gear" button to the party interface, and then saying "I didn't think anyone would actually use it" when people start complaining. 

Archived