Demonsbane ranking cut short

Rhiakath

You're seriously telling us that NOW instead of a week earlier? What the hell is your entire team thinking? You do realize that a LOT of players plan ranking for the last week of the season because they spend the entire first part of the season gearing up and practicing, right? Your "compensation" better include a hefty amount of sparkling and brilliant venture tokens. What. The. Hell.

Honestly. Why was this made public only last night. This is just not ok. I don't see how they only managed to let us know this late when the precious seasons were fine and now all of the sudden they needed to prepare for next season 

This is a complete joke xD. 

I waited to do rankings since as said above ppl wanna improve their rankings on the last week or more like on the last few days. 

But as we know ncsoft will give us some hoining oils as compensation. 

We love you guys <3.

Im also interested why this is the first time that this happend since the game came out. 

Maybe they will remove the hongmoon coin as rewards completely now from January 11th on. 

This is creating a lot of confusion.  

If the Ranking Season was cut short, why didn't we receive rewards today?

In game UI still says season goes until January 11.   

Rankings did not re-set.

Edited by Desmodos

4 minutes ago, Desmodos said:

This is creating a lot of confusion.  

If the Ranking Season was cut short, why didn't we receive rewards today?

In game UI still says season goes until January 11.   

Rankings did not re-set.

The season is until 11th jan, but there is an error so no ranking that you do from 4th to 11th will count.

The rewards will still come after maintenance on the 11th

so happy we finally had demonsbane dungeons and a new system which granted us some rewards on a weekly basis. innovation as its best....

minus...

we had weekly/seasonal ranking in aero, sub, trials, shrine, altar, grim and poh for what its worth

we had seasonal rewards before

we had a patch arriving on patchday and not scattered a week early

in exchange we get event, fortunes favor, BP, new outfit - YEAY new outfit - but nothing of it by today?

so, whats poppin' with the team that again messed up a system which just worked fine? I see this happening for the first installment of demonsbane ranking or any ranking in total. why alter your code then, when it was just working? you didn't even bother with soul league before - even got event currency after the event concluded.

as a result of your devs failing before, the solution is failing us again?

So where is compensation then? Huh!? Which deamonsbane item drops in Sanctum of the Masters? Since it also would be effected for the n-th season. Lastly, the flying squirrel you did to the weekly rewards? Are we getting only 2x expected rewards? What compensation will be there? Really should plan those things when deliberately breaking things whch did work before.

All jokes aside @Green Storm. Whilst glad you informed us kinda after the issue occured, it is 14hours+ since you broke the news. Any update? What did actually happen? Hence we all know a 'transition to a new season' is anything but not the reason for this mess.

In all honesty, this short-term notice is a joke and basically makes me feel like you want to annoy your players and customers on purpose. We had almost 7 years of season transitions without problems like this. I have no idea what may cause such problems but I doubt you just got aware of it like 20 hours ago. And this is even giving you time to find a solution for it before making the announcement 14 hours ago. Communication is key when dealing with customers and it's so sad that NC fails so often at that.

I only play one character, so the ranking not working anymore affects me way less than many players. Still, this is so totally not okay. We didn't even got the weekly reards from last week.

How do you want to make an even somewhat decent compensation package for F10? The season and weekly rewards are different for each played character and isn't even remotely the same for the whole community to just put one paket in F10 and be done with it.

• Like 1

I bet its something related to this.

Anyway devs better distribute these rank rewards, people work hard for it and will rage quit the game if they dont do it right.
About a compensation you better distribute it BY MAIL, maybe only to people who did ranks, otherwise they will abuse with multiple accounts as always in case its in F10 with o hmc cost.

47 minutes ago, MurdoqSenpai said:

I bet its something related to this.

Anyway devs better distribute these rank rewards, people work hard for it and will rage quit the game if they dont do it right.
About a compensation you better distribute it BY MAIL, maybe only to people who did ranks, otherwise they will abuse with multiple accounts as always in case its in F10 with o hmc cost.

Wouldn't be fair for players like me who always do ranking on main and alts at the end of the season. 

Ncsoft really screwed those players over. 

playing for no rewards? yeah (basically 2slots "free" and 2k/day, thereby 4k/day) thus means 35 days of 4k brings 140k by the end of this event, but most common  event"rewards" sum up to 255k+ (only accounted for scales, oil, pet and stigma).

so yeah, not gonna argue too much about that lackluster event here. So @Green Stormare we removing HM coins alltogether now or what is behind this? I know people are eager to speculate *hint,hint*

Dear @Green Storm,

I kindly recommend you to forward my request to the development team which is:

- 50 Demonsbane token /character (so for example 15x50 tokens on a maxed character slot account) only for calendar week 52/2022.

I hope this is the first and the last time that we should experience such inconveniences like we won't receive any rewards from demonsbane ranking system, and we are informed about that at maintenance day. You should provide the correct rewards you mention ingame at 07.12.2022. 

We understand that we will receive a compensation bundle later this week, but that is far not compensating if you put honing oils and etc in the bundle. Please come back to us with a fair answer asap and hoping for we will receive our correct rewards shortly. 

This method is also expected for next week including venture tokens. Please don't make our competitions unrewarded, don't make us disappointed and angry.

Thanks a lot.

BR 

Unacceptable. You have screwed over COUNTLESS players by failing to announce this a week ago, when it should have been. Blindsiding players like this was something I thought was a thing of the past, but I guess not. The compensation will have to be utterly AMAZING to avoid people quitting out of frustration. If it's something terrible like 30 Honing Oils, I will personally treat this as an official End of Service announcement.

Edited by DenialOfTruth

• NCSOFT

Hi everyone,

I've forwarded this feedback to our team and I'll try to get answers to the questions.

I understand that you're upset, but please be respectful in how you phrase your feedback. We've actioned one post here and I'm keeping an eye on future replies.

22 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

Hi everyone,

I've forwarded this feedback to our team and I'll try to get answers to the questions.

I understand that you're upset, but please be respectful in how you phrase your feedback. We've actioned one post here and I'm keeping an eye on future replies.

My apologies for any anger on my part, but this announcement really should have been a lot sooner. A lot of players, myself included, do our attempts to improve our ranks during the last week of a season, or ensure we've ranked any characters we've missed. This happening just further reinforces the opinion of many that the dates on things like event currencies and even the seasonal times can no longer be trusted as they can be ended without warning. I truly hope for the sake of this game that the compensation is excellent.

Unpopular opinion but this is why you rank the first week on the highest you can handle, then if you make gear improvements then you can always go back later but you won't be screwed out of ventures and rewards for the season. Me and my crew always tap our highest we can handle first week to make sure our mains are safe. I'm not defending any side here, just saying people may wanna try ranking first week. Just a general tap on their highest they can handle to be in top 100 at least.

46 minutes ago, MishaJ said:

Unpopular opinion but this is why you rank the first week on the highest you can handle, then if you make gear improvements then you can always go back later but you won't be screwed out of ventures and rewards for the season. Me and my crew always tap our highest we can handle first week to make sure our mains are safe. I'm not defending any side here, just saying people may wanna try ranking first week. Just a general tap on their highest they can handle to be in top 100 at least.

To be fair, they've never done a mess up quite like this before. But I will not make the same mistake twice. All future seasons will be treated as if NCSoft intends to end them one week from their start date.