Summer trove 2022

Draknalor

A lot of things are still useless or wayyy overpriced.

But it feels like they took a lot of the feedback we gave on the forum to heart and made trove alittle bit better and not as lackluster as it has been previously.

Also.. i don't know if the "69" gold cost on the gem powder pouch is for the memes or not, Would be funny if it was intentional.

That trove gives Amulet now was very nice, especially it giving Shadow fury amulet, Was very nice surprise.

Edited by Draknalor

i think they missed the mark in terms of changing the trove for better, mainly due to the lack of change on the overall approach of making things available,

people have different reasons for paying the game but they generally land in either pay for power or pay for appearance, so in this regard the trove lacked appropriate change, for example out of 100 keys i only received 2 opportunities for acquiring the new cosmetic options

an example of the change that i believe was desired among the majority of people giving feedback regarding trove would be: out of 100 keys seeing closer to 50 opportunities for cosmetics because the trap would still be there in the sense that you only get to choose one item from any key;

if the cosmetics were more abundant and spread out, instead of seeing that one key with a choice between each piece of one cosmetic set and never getting an opportunity to acquire the rest of the set, you could have one cosmetic item per key, and maybe you would see the rest of the items in the cosmetic sets among the rest of your keys

big-time thumbs-down 😞

what was good though,,, hmm nothing memorable right now

what i like about trove is the act of comparing values and noticing the frequency of the relative options, its too bad i had such luck with my experience this time; thanks for contributing ideas towards improvement

21 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

Trove actually giving box with HEXAGONAL obsidians and garnets. Not gilded. Just hexagonal.

Updated trove, btw

Took our feedback, btw

Yeah, as i said above.

Still a lot of Useless things, But i feel like this was still a big improvement compared to the previous several troves.

The absolutely useless stuff like silver scale fragments, Grand celestial steel, blood roses are all gone.

The big thing for me was shadow fury amulet tho, Managed to go straight from No amulet to Mythical amulet.

I spent nearly 140 keys, didn't see any gems nor the stones for unity. The only thing I can't complain about is outfit. The crimson tab I saw like 6 times so got literally everything from that one but honestly, they should really guarantee some drops at a certain lvls, not only the cosmetic but as well the quip. 140 keys is not cheap, especially not in the country where I am living. Not to mention that getting customer support is difficult because based on their words, I don't spend enough money in game. It really discourage people from playing such game at all.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SaoChan said:

especially not in the country where I am living.

Then why would you ever spend money on this game?

Trove and RnG boxes is about the worst thing to spend money on in this.

If you really have to spend money, then wait for the Gem vouchers.

Also we had the Unity stuff in the store last week, Could've stocked up on it then.

Just please don't spend any thing on trov.. unless you have the financial means to do so.

As i said before.. It's the worst thing to spend money on, Just take the stuff you want when they come available in the store through bundles where you know exactly what you are getting.

• NCSOFT

Hi everyone,

Since there's already an existing thread about the Treasure Trove feedback, I'm going to add two things:

• This was a first attempt to modify Treasure Trove and we'll probably continue to update it based on the feedback from the community.
  • Now is the time to tell us:
    • What items would you like to see removed and added? If you can be specific about quantities, it'll help.
    • In general, what reduces the appeal of the Treasure Trove to you, and what would improve it?

Guidelines on giving feedback:

• Please be concise (brief and clear). Sometimes less is more! I understand that the context of your feedback is important to you and it can help us understand where you're coming from (for example why having more material of one kind will help you upgrade a weapon you're working on).
  • Avoid speculations and hypotheticals.
  • Preferably refer to your own experience.
  • Last but not least, be respectful. To us and to others.

We'd love to hear your feedback before the end of next week if possible!

Thanks.

Alright, here's some constructive feedback, starting with the good:

Compared to last trove, this one is significantly better. Last trove had upwards of 50 to 60% useless items, depending on personal progression. This one feels closer to 10%...maybe 20% for very advanced players like myself. Well done on that front. It feels like each key has a pretty solid chance of giving something of use. Outfits come up often enough as well, and for a collector like myself, I am quite thankful for this.

And now for the bad: while it is improved, some rolls are just...confusing. Maybe not completely useless, but confusing. There are multiple one and two star rolls that have unusual offerings, such as multiple XP charms of differing values or sometimes the same effective value. For example, I recently used a key, and two of the entries were for 5m EXP charms. Both cost the same, both gave the same XP, but were different items with their own icons. While not worthless, it is confusing and might make a player think that it could have rolled something else rather then duplicate items. I imagine further tweaking will be needed to eliminate oddities like this.

In addition, there are still some unusually worthless rolls: Due to Soul Boost, and the fact we will be getting a second season of it next month, there is no value in the Soul Boost giving anything related to Scarlet Conservatory, as Soul Boost gives far superior everything. Even Steelbreaker stuff may be useless, but since Soul Shield rolls can be bad at times, I'd situationally buy those if they came up if I had a need. The bonus/milestone rewards could also use some work, but I'm not 100% certain what would be good ideas there. I've compiled a list of items that would be completely worthless for me and the majority of my alt characters along with the reason:

Yeoharan's Accessory Exchange Ticket (superior accessories gained though Soul Boost)
Ascendant Accessory Selection Chest (see above)
Classic Agitator Accessory Selection Chest (Upgradeable) (see above, might have minor PVP upgrade potential though)
Thornbreaker Soul Shield Selection Chest 5-8 (see above, and in addition the 1-4 Selection Chest is missing suggesting that it might have been meant to be removed)
Sealed Greater Naryu Sanctum Bracelet Chest (see above)
Sealed House of Idols Treasure Chest (see above)
Sealed Thornwind Accessory Chest (see above)
Heptagonal Obsidian Garnet Selection Chest (far superior gems of these types are available, but might be useful to those with a collection of older gems)
Hexagonal Obsidian Garnet Selection Chest (see above)
Octagonal Obsidian Garnet Selection Chest (see above)
Brilliant Ascension Stone Chest (the game gives out tons of these and of superior quality)
Brilliant Radiance Stone Chest (see above)

As a note, during the last Treasure Trove, we had the Daily Dash running at the same time. I feel this is a must to have...I got ten free keys in total last trove from it, and it actually encouraged me to buy additional keys as those free ones gave me a few great rolls.

6 hours ago, Green Storm said:

Hi everyone,

Since there's already an existing thread about the Treasure Trove feedback, I'm going to add two things:

• This was a first attempt to modify Treasure Trove and we'll probably continue to update it based on the feedback from the community.
  • Now is the time to tell us:
    • What items would you like to see removed and added? If you can be specific about quantities, it'll help.
    • In general, what reduces the appeal of the Treasure Trove to you, and what would improve it?

Guidelines on giving feedback:

• Please be concise (brief and clear). Sometimes less is more! I understand that the context of your feedback is important to you and it can help us understand where you're coming from (for example why having more material of one kind will help you upgrade a weapon you're working on).
  • Avoid speculations and hypotheticals.
  • Preferably refer to your own experience.
  • Last but not least, be respectful. To us and to others.

We'd love to hear your feedback before the end of next week if possible!

Thanks.

@Green Storm

In general, what reduces the appeal of the Treasure Trove to you, and what would improve it?

Well trove is better overall this time but the appeal is still quite low. You're spending good money and of course it's a rng gamble so there has to be worthless more common prizes to balance out the rarer better prizes but it doesnt have to be that way. The more common prizes could be upped quite a bit in value and relevancy to people investing money in trove.

All in all you should be removing things that have no value for current relevant gear (anything released in the past 3 to 6 months is pretty relevant and current enough) up to but not including the two latest demonsbanes (newer so don't need to be included this time around but next trove...) with an emphasis on whats tougher to obtain. You guys have catch up events, soul boost, etc (for your older content). Putting skystealer accessories though in there when they drop like candy from easy modes is a waste of a placeholder. Could throw more evolved stones or good experience in lieu. Trove is meant to be and should always be fresh every time around. The gems in trove should only be gilded octa, gilded hepa, gilded hexa, dyad and non dyads, these non gilded gems are also a waste of a placeholder with worthless items to chose from. Any sealed old dungeon accessory boxes are worthless to most that'd spend a good amount on trove. Same with the actual accessories that nobody really ever sees. 

Most are going to be looking for stuff that isn't easily obtainable or farmable and they could in turn horde for profit/to sell or hold for current tier and future upgrades.

Ethereal vials, sterling crystals (bound and unbound), synthesis stones, dyad fragments, transformation stones, evolved stones, pet pods, pet packs, sacred oils, sacred vials, cosmetics, high tier legendary psyches for accessories (AD/SUB), master scrolls, high experience charms/quantity (10m/5m/1m charms times several), high unity charms/quantity (500k, 100k, 50k times several), amulet (bm and ia), weapon mat (bm), soulshield (poh).

That's what most are likely looking for with the rest being easily farmable and pvp stuff at this point shouldnt even be included or craftable buff charms.  Alpha emblems and divine grace stones are pretty outdated. Koldrak scales, insignia and etching stones.. No need for like anything prior to BM and IA and even BM and IA stuff is select like amulets and such maybe weapon mat and hearts for the former.

The gold boxes are nice as long as you keep the 100g ones sold for 10g for the minimum gold box amount/rate/cost. Skystealer crystals pretty worthless should be throwing the new dark/light crystals in there in lieu especially for next one in 3 months if skystealer crystals are still there you guys are trippin. 

Edited by LordSwift

16 hours ago, Green Storm said:

What items would you like to see removed and added? If you can be specific about quantities, it'll help.

Remove fragments entirely, Only full scales.

Remove Any type of sepperate skystealer bundles and instead do the pouches (Those that give 4-8 of each when you open) there instead.

Make sure next Soulboost give at least Skystealer Acc's and Upsurge weapon, That way you can remove Mech heart, Silversteel ore and Twisted heart from trove as well and focus on only Upsurge essence.

Don't Treat "skystealer" Accessories like something that is "Rare" these drop once every 3 runs when doing Dungeons, Should be pretty common drops within trove as well, Especially now when Starcross has pretty much replaced them any way.

Add the items needed to Upgrade starcross Accessories.

I'd prefer if you'd remove all XP charms that is below 1 Million from Trove entirely, But this was one of the things most people said in the previous feedback thread and you ignored that so i doubt that'd happen.

Reduce the price of all Insignia (3x Purple is not worth 225g) 3x Purple would be at most 15g (You overestimate the worth of things by a lot)

Same with Poharan Soulshields, The Legendary version is very useless and only used to salvage for currency to buy the Mythical the 7-8 Chest is not worth 900g, At most i'd say 30g, Since Shadowfury and Poharan gives the exact same set effect, Just remove Shadowfury SS boxes entirely.

Now if you did True Poharan Selection chest for Piece 1-8 I'd say that one you could Put at like 500g each.

Add more Quantity to the spots that have a single gem power, Evolved stone, Fusion stone, Transformation stone. 

Remove Scarlet bloom entirely.

• Like 2

Thank you Green Storm for asking. There's a few specific items I want to talk about:

- Obsidian/Garnet Selection chests:

Currently, we get very outdated Selection Chests (Hexagonal/Heptagonal/Octagonal) from the trove, these should be replaced with Gilded Pentagonal/Gilded Hexagonal Selection Chests. Specifically for Obsidian and Garnet gems. 

- Yeoharan's Accessory Exchange Ticket

This one should be removed completely and be replaced with a Skystealer Accessory Selection Chest

- Thornbreaker/Steelbreaker/Shadow Fury Soul Shield Selection Chest (1-4/5-8)

These ones should be replaced with True Poharan Soul Shield Selection Chest (1-4/5-8)

- Outfits/Weapon skins

Bring back more outfits/weapon skins from past troves as well as costume boxes or events. It definitely gives the appeal for some people to buy Trove keys if they can get an outfit they always wanted. Do not look specifically at the theme here, just throw them into the mix with a more rare chance to get the new Trove outfits.

- Soul/Heart/Pet/Talisman

If you're really lucky, you should be rewarded with the 2nd best tier of these accs. 

This would be the following right now:

- True Netherspark Soul

- True Dauntless Heart

- True Supernatural Pet Aura

- True Overture Talisman

Obviously since all of them are quite high tier, the buyout price should be adjusted. (not too crazy please!)

--------------------

Now to some smaller but still very important things:

- Introduction of Shadow Fury Weapon Chest - Stage 9 (Gives you your class-exclusive Shadow Fury Stage 9 weapon)

- Higher quantities of Elder Scale Fragments/Nocturnal Scale Fragments/Shimmering Scale Fragments

- Higher quantities of Elder Scale/Nocturnal Scale/Shimmering Scale

- Higher quantities of Sacred Vials/Pet Packs (to fit the current endgame soul/pet aura upgrades)

- Higher quantities of all Skystealer Crystals

- Higher quantities of Fusion Stones 

- Introduction of Exalted Ascension/Radiance Stone Chests

- Removal of Brilliant Ascension/Radiance Stone Chests

- Higher quantities of Sparkling Ascension/Radiance Stone Chests

- Higher quantities of Secret Safe/Heavy Gold Chests

- Removal of outdated Psyches and replaced by current up-to-date Psyches

- Removal of outdated items that really serve no more purpose in the game

And that's pretty much everything. I hope the feedback is appreciated!

• Like 3

On 6/9/2022 at 11:55 AM, Rhiakath said:

Trove actually giving box with HEXAGONAL obsidians and garnets. Not gilded. Just hexagonal.

Updated trove, btw

Took our feedback, btw

Didn't you get your 6.5k hexagonal obsidians and 6.5k hexagonal garnets in order to get gilded octagonals when they're available?!
Not to mention scales and soulstone crystals ofc.

20 hours ago, Amane said:

- Removal of outdated items that really serve no more purpose in the game

This also covers several of the previously raised points. If this was maintained regularly, we wouldn't even have this discussion.

Dear NCWest, please choose one of you to play the game and keep in touch with what's outdated and have a basic understanding of the current state of the game.

• Like 1

A 90 day premium membership is 2800 ncoin, which can be sold to players for about 18k gold. 50 trove keys are about 2k ncoins. To make it worth paying for, it should give about that much value as selling premium to randoms.
Imo we need more and better fixed rewards.

• Like 1