Why did you butcher the Golden Harvest Festival ?

Rysa

So I stumbled upon the patch notes regarding the GHF coming next week, to my great surprise it's filled with poor decisions and design choices, which is kinda sad as this event was one of the most well-received by the community by a long shot. Here's some guidance as to why it's utterly garbage compared to the 2017 version:

- Doubled amount of materials needed per box 

- Introduction of event tokens needed for transmutation, for which you need to clear Outlaw Island and Circle of Sundering, which is SUPER anti alt-friendly ==> This is the most stupid change, it needs to be removed immediately.

- Limited to 3 boxes per char

- No sealed oil for wheel prize?

Pretty sure I'm missing a few more aspects but as it stands it's shaping up to be complete garbage, unlike last year's festival which was super rewarding and alt-friendly. So yeah, why do you have to ruin everything with your poor decisions, NCSoft?

I think this event is by far better than the last one. the prizes that are guaranteed alone are worth it. Plus this way it will actually be more of an "work and earn" event rather that "spam alts make profit" event like it was last time.

Last time we didnt have guaranteed jewels / elements, there was far more rng involved. Imo this rework of the event is much much better. Plus if it is like last time then the materials you craft are tradable so...

10 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I think this event is by far better than the last one. the prizes that are guaranteed alone are worth it. Plus this way it will actually be more of an "work and earn" event rather that "spam alts make profit" event like it was last time.

Last time we didnt have guaranteed jewels / elements, there was far more rng involved. Imo this rework of the event is much much better. Plus if it is like last time then the materials you craft are tradable so...

Bulls...t ... No materials, no tradeable items, 0 things to earn some gold. Limited possibility to earn something. Jewels and Elements? I dont need them ffs, I need other things.

BTW

Link 1
Link 2
Links to reddit where you can check how good for us is this event.
All events now are worse and worse.

24 minutes ago, MarjoKun said:

Bulls...t ... No materials, no tradeable items, 0 things to earn some gold. Limited possibility to earn something. Jewels and Elements? I dont need them ffs, I need other things.

BTW

Link 1
Link 2
Links to reddit where you can check how good for us is this event.
All events now are worse and worse.

Event is to earn items for you to progress not to make a profit.

Last time the crafted box gave you this: Dried Ginseng, Sealed Sacred Oil, Blackstone, Aransu Orb, and other upgrade materials(which werent even a lot)

The wheel pouch was RNG and gave this:

Wheel of Fate Bonus Rewards

Revelry Outfit Box

Hongmoon Hexagonal Ruby

Hongmoon Hexagonal Citrine

Xanos Disc

Hive Queen's Wings

Aransu Orb

Divine Grace Stone

Sacred Oil

Now compare what you have guaranteed and whats in the wheel and what you have a chance of getting extra. wheel now gives:

Promise Keeper Outfit Pouch

Sacred Vial

Premium Transformation Stone

Sealed Hive Queen’s Heart

Hongmoon Octagonal Ruby

Pet Pack

Divine Grace Stone

And the pouch to spin the wheel is guaranteed from the boxes you craft. The rewards are much better than last time and if you really expected them to allow you to endlessly farm these good rewards then you must really be delusional.

Here is what the box gave you last year:

http://prntscr.com/ld7vnh

I suggest you also lookup videos on youtube where people opened over 100 of them and literally got crap out ofit

30 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I cant take this reply seriousy, by any means.

They completely butchered this event, they increased the amount of materials needed to craft a single box, they lost a lot of players resulting in less quantity of items getting produced, they limited the amount of items craftable. You can now get HALF of what you get last event. And you say this is "far" better ?

5 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Event is to earn items for you to progress not to make a profit.

Last time the crafted box gave you this: Dried Ginseng, Sealed Sacred Oil, Blackstone, Aransu Orb, and other upgrade materials(which werent even a lot)

The wheel pouch was RNG and gave this:

Wheel of Fate Bonus Rewards

Revelry Outfit Box

Hongmoon Hexagonal Ruby

Hongmoon Hexagonal Citrine

Xanos Disc

Hive Queen's Wings

Aransu Orb

Divine Grace Stone

Sacred Oil

Now compare what you have guaranteed and whats in the wheel and what you have a chance of getting extra. wheel now gives:

Promise Keeper Outfit Pouch

Sacred Vial

Premium Transformation Stone

Sealed Hive Queen’s Heart

Hongmoon Octagonal Ruby

Pet Pack

Divine Grace Stone

And the pouch to spin the wheel is guaranteed from the boxes you craft. The rewards are much better than last time and if you really expected them to allow you to endlessly farm these good rewards then you must really be delusional.

Getting a Sealed Sacred Oil is way better than getting a Sacred Vial, you can decide on your own how you use it, if you have your soul maxed, you may want to sell it and not have a useless oil laying around.

The statement that the "pouch to spin the wheel is guaranteed from the boxes you craft" is just so unbelievably *urgh*. You dont know how big the chance is to even get something good from the damn wheel and you are here whiteknighting again.

Its so damn clear that this event is going to be another failure to cut off ressources from people that invest time in this event. They hopefully listen to any of the feedback given on reddit or so. 

"if you really expected them to allow you to endlessly farm these good rewards then you must really be delusional." - If you really think that people are going to do an event that is not worth their time, you are the delusional one here. 

not only this u need 30 for each craftable material to get all 3 foods to achievement 11 ap. Which last year just drop from box/chest event and not even account bound. LOL. I got this achievement in 8 alts last year. this year its just forget, go daily or just sleep in my bed will be better.

25 minutes ago, FlockUndead said:

They completely butchered this event, they increased the amount of materials needed to craft a single box, they lost a lot of players resulting in less quantity of items getting produced, they limited the amount of items craftable. You can now get HALF of what you get last event. And you say this is "far" better ?

What you can get now if by far better. Depending the box you make you get items from raids / dungeons which half the new players havent even nentered, not to mention completed yet, for them its a great event. Its a good event for people needing materials on alts.  If you have everything maxed and the event gives nothing to you, well tough luck you arent the only person on the server. you cant imagine how the materials you get from this event are a bottleneck for most newer players, sicne they do not have that amount of gold to buy things, this is a pretty awesome way to get items they need: jewels, elements, pet packs, vials.

Imagine they put sealed oils in there, pretty sure the price of them after this would drop to a point where you wouldnt even make a profit out of it. Plus they do this for the newer players, the ones with maxed gear will get trove a month later to swipe on.

As for the wheel and pouch: this time the pouch is guaranteed and the prizes for the wheel are better then last year, so regardless what you land on its a benefit.

3 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

What you can get now if by far better. Depending the box you make you get items from raids / dungeons which half the new players havent even nentered, not to mention completed yet, for them its a great event. Its a good event for people needing materials on alts.  If you have everything maxed and the event gives nothing to you, well tough luck you arent the only person on the server. you cant imagine how the materials you get from this event are a bottleneck for most newer players, sicne they do not have that amount of gold to buy things, this is a pretty awesome way to get items they need: jewels, elements, pet packs, vials.

Imagine they put sealed oils in there, pretty sure the price of them after this would drop to a point where you wouldnt even make a profit out of it. Plus they do this for the newer players, the ones with maxed gear will get trove a month later to swipe on.

For alts? This game is not alt friendly so... Jewels and elements? Again as I said, you can get them on every event + on old harvest you had more of them. Jewels and elements doesnt make event AWESOME

4 minutes ago, MarjoKun said:

For alts? This game is not alt friendly so... Jewels and elements? Again as I said, you can get them on every event + on old harvest you had more of them. Jewels and elements doesnt make event AWESOME

Not just jewels and elements, You also get raid materials, which will help alot especially those who cant get into one or are not able to complete one. People have a chance to get obsidian gems through the engine, pet packs and vials to upgrade their pets / souls from last events, premium stones for upgrades, materials from the perculiar chest.

Even tho this event doesnt give you many crystals you get a lot of other materials.

22 minutes ago, MarjoKun said:

This game is not alt-friendly, yeah.

But to have a meaningful progression on your main, you need to do alts. Or swipe/grind hard. That is why alt-friendly events are highly preferred by this game's community.

NCWest is capable of making alt-friendly events, and have done so in the past. Now, they just refuse to do it.

If they don't want to do alt-friendly event, then they should make event where it greatly rewards you when you focus on a single character instead. The current Blade & Ghoul can be considered as such an event, though a few design flaws has stopped the event from reaching its full potential (gated by Killer Coins instead of just let players to freely grind to their heart contents).

I think it's whatever, ok event at best. Instead of complaining about those, it's more likely the upgrade system that needs a change. Getting 2-3 oils per event is fine, using 5442584 oils for a 2% elemental increase is not.

I'm not gonna talk about heroic-tier soul still requiring oils to upgrade.  

Man the Golden Harvest preview on Twitch was hilarious. They flat-out ignored the whole chat who kept hammering that the changes they provided were totally trash, yet had the audacity to state that they are "watching and listening to feedback".

I was so excite....hey the old thanksgiving event returns. Then i saw the stream and i was close to quitting the game. The 3 boxes per char restiction makes no sense to me. The old thanksgiving event would be a good oppotunity to come closer to the "whales". But hey... we will get some other stuff like the "Pet Tag" and "Elite Pet Tag" to make the whales great again....

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Plus they do this for the newer players, the ones with maxed gear will get trove a month later to swipe on.

After reading this comment, i assume you are one more of those players that just want events to benefit new players, rather than all of them.

Just because i for example have near max gear, doesnt mean that i go ahead and throw my money at trove. Go away with that kind of mindset.

"You get a lot of other materials" - You got this in the original event aswell, they dont want the market to break ? Good, make it account bound.

People being bottlenecked ? Is this some kind of new joke ?

How is anyone bottlenecked ? If you are bottlenecked, its because of those good events getting butchered. 

90% of the F2P people that you try to defend here, get their oils and mats through events, not through RAIDS or Dungeons they cant enter or complete.

This event made it harder for people to get vials, not easier.

I used to make videos on every event to open any boxes after the event was over and show people how fun it is to just stash boxes, but NOW someone asked me in game why I dont make videos like that anymore and I said that these events are no worthy of my time to even other make a recording.

The only event I am looking forward is tower of memory, which we did not get it yet! and that event alone will be best one to record my results of 11 characters if they don't mess it up.

34 minutes ago, RavTH said:

I used to make videos on every event to open any boxes after the event was over and show people how fun it is to just stash boxes, but NOW someone asked me in game why I dont make videos like that anymore and I said that these events are no worthy of my time to even other make a recording.

The only event I am looking forward is tower of memory, which we did not get it yet! and that event alone will be best one to record my results of 11 characters if they don't mess it up.

Don't worry they will just ninja nerf the loot of tower of memory :wink:

23 hours ago, Grimoir said:

23 hours ago, Grimoir said:

What the heck are you talking about the only thing that you get guaranteed is the Hearty Party Favor everything else is rng. Wheel rewards look better if you look at the list but what matters is how much chance each items has and you can bet that the most useless one also has the highest chance.

Everyone wanted last years event, looks at patch notes looks like they are just paying a guy to go around butchering these events.

Clannies "OH yeah, last year this event was awesome, if we start raiding again this will be helpful, get in and do this."

"reads patch notes"

Clannies "Don't fn bother"

Besides selling the materials to whales, most of this event is impossible for me can't beat yunsang or the first guy in outlaw. So this event gets a big bag of mehs from me.

Do they even play this game? Most of the people I know can barely beat Outlaw and faceroll yunsang with AP...

The biggest problem and complaint I have about all of this is that the guaranteed reward items they listed on the site is completely different from what it showed in stream, in stream pretty much everything was a chance to obtain, I just don't get how they could even mess that up and give people false hope when looking at the guaranteed items that's listed on the site 

Hello everyone,

I'm part of those who are disappointed with the new version of the Harvest Festival event. Last years' version didn't need any re-adjusting, from my perspective. It really felt like a true event one would look forward to, it got us out of the regular daily / weekly farming routine and it offered very pleasant gifts / rewards, it was generous and enjoyable by all players. I remember it as one of my favorite events, i was glad i could craft some extra boxes thanks to my alts and i was really excited to be able to open a unlimited amount of them. It was a very pleasant memory associated with the Autumn season, it felt like we were having holidays in-game and we didn't need to go through the usual grind in order to get some awesome goodies. It was fun and relaxing and exciting. As for the new version, I've never managed to clear outlaw island, not even on my main :embarrassed:

Am 3.11.2018 um 05:23 schrieb Corvenir:

Besides selling the materials to whales, most of this event is impossible for me can't beat yunsang or the first guy in outlaw. So this event gets a big bag of mehs from me.

Dunno if they changed meanwhile, way in the past, when I was farming there a bit and been unable to beat yunsang I seen those prayer bead dropping on the stages below yunsang (at lower chances ofc).

Archived