Fire gunner burst too OP in arena?

dklm

• 4 months later...

Yep still broken.  Whipline whipline whipline i frame then alpha strike though. Summoner is totally dumb though they can heal brier patch tech cancel send cat to burn i frames and whip you to death in one shot or rumble bees you all kinds. Then go invisible too and people like to hit into that counter.

• 4 weeks later...

let's be realistic there are not many gunner in 6v6, the few that are known and most are megalodons, you complain but really think that you will win someone who has all pvp jewelry, last soul, last pet, when you are with bt jewelry? see the reality do not try to beat a megalodon that is full pvp endgear and that surely has better ping than you, from the position 1-15 anyone who grabs them is gunner, destro, summomer, sf, will kill you, they when they are fully activated, they hit critics from 250k to 380. and if they complain now, wait for the new pvp weapons where the kfm erase complete partys. Another point is the formation of partys you all know that is not balanced, but going back to the gunner is easy to kill if you do team work something that 6v6 very rarely happens, when there is a gunner, sm, wl, sf, if everyone attack activating the vt badge die easily concentrate on the target that does more damage and does not have many inframes, but the typical thing that happens is that when one says to focus on killing the gunner you see your team attacking the kfm, destro, bd , bm, they are full of resistances. Then we have to see the horrors that our teams are also making. Sorry for my english :D:

On 8/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, Sheral said:

let's be realistic there are not many gunner in 6v6, the few that are known and most are megalodons, you complain but really think that you will win someone who has all pvp jewelry, last soul, last pet, when you are with bt jewelry? see the reality do not try to beat a megalodon that is full pvp endgear and that surely has better ping than you, from the position 1-15 anyone who grabs them is gunner, destro, summomer, sf, will kill you, they when they are fully activated, they hit critics from 250k to 380. and if they complain now, wait for the new pvp weapons where the kfm erase complete partys. Another point is the formation of partys you all know that is not balanced, but going back to the gunner is easy to kill if you do team work something that 6v6 very rarely happens, when there is a gunner, sm, wl, sf, if everyone attack activating the vt badge die easily concentrate on the target that does more damage and does not have many inframes, but the typical thing that happens is that when one says to focus on killing the gunner you see your team attacking the kfm, destro, bd , bm, they are full of resistances. Then we have to see the horrors that our teams are also making. Sorry for my english :D:

Gunner :P

At least they gunner burst takes 6 seconds.  Vs. a 230+K Comet strike in 1 second?  

I regularly get 1 shotted in 6's, but can only 1-shot chars with low hits (as a gunner).  So...I'd have to disagree -- even with

the new charms adding large defense... more than one class can 1-shot gunners in an eyeblink.

OTOH, if you want to give gunners faster regenerating hooks and more of them...oh wait, they just did the opposite so we're more likely to be sitting ducks.  Ummm...  Maybe they should cut the delay time off that gunner burst so instead of 6 seconds, we could pile it on in 2-3 -- each taking out a different target?...  

Yeah the other prob -- get a *TEAM* of 2-3 players on a gunner...gunner doesn't have a chance if they at same lvl.

Battleground in general are horrible, not only "gunner fault", on arena.. If gunner burst is that big, then go watch vod's of EU & NA preliminars of Blade&Soul stream and check those sins, fm's, etc. And how 15 sec of reload is low cooldown? They will increase it for 18 sec, that's alot, 15 seconds on arena is way to much, 18 is even wrost.

Spoiler

Fire gunner burst too OP in arena?

>>Fire gunner burst too OP in arena?

then why do they call gunslingers tournament rejects?   reject because they are too weak. no one wants to play gunslingers in tounaments.

i tried "3 wins from the mushin tower",  no opponents in there ever take more than 2 burst shots from me (usually 1 burst ) then they usually beat the heck out of me for a minute. (I can do 5 burst shots normally). this is why I only do 1st floor in the mushin tower, and reenter and do 1st floor and reenter and do 1st floor , this daily is done in a minute.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, Gunner in 1v1 currently is almost balanced. However, in 3v3 they definitely contribute to several very strong meta comps. Mostly due to their ability to waste opponent CCs in neutral while still being able to poke a lot and because they do well against DES, which would be the absolute meta otherwise.

Some very dangerous gunners comps out there are GUN, WL, SUM (Blackout, RU) and even more GUN, WL, DES (GC Busan Red, KR and others).

On 8/10/2018 at 5:02 AM, schupunk said:

>>Fire gunner burst too OP in arena?

then why do they call gunslingers tournament rejects?   reject because they are too weak. no one wants to play gunslingers in tounaments.

i tried "3 wins from the mushin tower",  no opponents in there ever take more than 2 burst shots ....

mushins vs. arena are completely different.  in arena your equipment doesn't count.  your stats don't count.  arena only favors those on the lowest latency connections with the fastest reactions (think teens+low 20's).  Experience counts for zilch cuz there's no time to implement much in the way of strategy.  Usually it's 1 person new, other person just not ranked yet.  It is one of the few places I don't get killed in 1 shot, but other side can still dominate (keep my controls locked out) and me up in air over 50% of the time, easily.  This game is really unrealistic  in that regard.  People in the air don't lose all control and can get off shots w/a gun.  Nor do people in the air take damage for no reason.  

This game is almost all about OFFENSE -- and having little or no DEFENSE.  Equipment makes it worse.  Some classes can reflect bullets... first time they try that in real life, they are gonna be hit bad, vs. people moving faster than I can shoot?  They have something they call the marksman skill -- but no marksman ability  -- shooting 100m with a rifle wouldn't be uncommon.  So instead of anything allowing a gunner to take advantage of their natural advantages, they nerf down maximum range, they yank up cd time...takes almost a minute just to get your hooks generated to prepare for battle.  Can't carry spares, not to mention most of the bullets do insignificant damage unless they are somehow boosted.  Bullets don't do insignificant damage -- you get hit, and it will slow you down, but in this game, only gunners are slowed down -- by everything.  It's more than a bit ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

in sep 12th 2018, i was looking for pro tournaments in youtube,  i still didn't find any gunslingers participating matches, the only videos they had were some group matches and they showed gunslingers for 4 seconds to 10 seconds at most  till the screen changed for a differtent player instantly. i found summoners were easier in 3 wins from mushin tower,  my summoner can keep harassing tower opponents (actually more than this, i couldnt have time for which buttons to press when there were so many key open options available, so many so that my eyes just stared at the key options and not at the battle). my summoner could easily break other opponents stunning me.

anyway,  your words will be more convincing if i see some pro gunslinger players because if they are strong  why couldnt they play gunslingers

1 hour ago, schupunk said:

in sep 12th 2018, i was looking for pro tournaments in youtube,  i still didn't find any gunslingers participating matches, the only videos they had were some group matches and they showed gunslingers for 4 seconds to 10 seconds at most  till the screen changed for a differtent player instantly. i found summoners were easier in 3 wins from mushin tower,  my summoner can keep harassing tower opponents (actually more than this, i couldnt have time for which buttons to press when there were so many key open options available, so many so that my eyes just stared at the key options and not at the battle). my summoner could easily break other opponents stunning me.

anyway,  your words will be more convincing if i see some pro gunslinger players because if they are strong  why couldnt they play gunslingers

they choose to not use thme for toruny cause it would be a meme, they are broken class afterall.

Archived