Is leaving the party a new trend?

csisy

It becomes more and more frequent. People are pressing LFP, they join a party and then instantly leave. I've just got into a 6m party with LFP and 4 of them (!) left the party before even loading in. :D Most of them were 800-ish AP players queued for NS. I guess they wanted to be carried lol.

I guess the best solution is to premake a party and don't bother with the mentality of the players.

i know i will leave under these main circumstances

i may leave if you kill too many mobs that i have to do this twice, but i may not leave, because mobs are not important, it deponds on my whim

i will leave if you kill the 1st boss and are still recuiting, and i cant finish the quest.

i will leave or stay on for an auction to punish you and refuse to fight, if you start a boss fight and kill other players in a fire, and you will be blocked in my list forever.

Well... first off, players under 900 ap? Yeah, sounds like they were expecting a carry and bailed, thinking it was a trap run... which... well, they're not wrong at that point =p

Normally, people bail on parties in cross server, because they don't think the party is "good enough" for them. LOOOOT of elitism in this game/community. Can't remember how many times I've recruited for a simple dungeon like DT and high ap players bailed, because one or two people who didn't have 1k ap or higher DARED to be in the party.

If it's an easy dungeon - then those ppl are probably just maiking a solo run. I always go to cold storage that way - lfp, then leave the party in cross server room and go solo. Because there is no option to go solo in a dungeon from f8 lobby.

If it's a harder dungeon - then they are probably trying to get in to their friend's or clan party using timed lfp, and simply didn't get to the party they wanted - so they leave and redo.

Or if it's something like NS - then ppl might to simply look as to what party did they get and decide that it will be a waste of time with this party - and leave. Though in this situation they probably should've just find a custom party via the lobby chat.

1 hour ago, Nyaha said:

If it's an easy dungeon - then those ppl are probably just maiking a solo run. I always go to cold storage that way - lfp, then leave the party in cross server room and go solo. Because there is no option to go solo in a dungeon from f8 lobby.

If it's a harder dungeon - then they are probably trying to get in to their friend's or clan party using timed lfp, and simply didn't get to the party they wanted - so they leave and redo.

Or if it's something like NS - then ppl might to simply look as to what party did they get and decide that it will be a waste of time with this party - and leave. Though in this situation they probably should've just find a custom party via the lobby chat.

Why screw people over when you can simply go to Zaiwei and walk into Cold Storage? 

1) If full party is below 900 AP, then it is better to leave and lfp another one. Simply, there will not be enough DPS to finish the boss. People will wonder why 900AP can't finish DT, EC, NF, or even NS in normal mode when back in the old days, we did them with only 600-700AP. Well...back in the old days, there was self-damage mech involved. If the whole party can do the mech properly, it greatly reduce the overall DPS needed to finish the boss. Nowadays, who will actually do the mech properly in normal mode with a bunch of 900AP players? At least I haven't seen 1 yet. People just blindly DPS the boss until either the boss died or they died (due to face tank everything).

2) As soon as I saw a person who is a well-known afker (in my afk list, yes I made my personal afker list), then i just quit the party.

3) Sometimes I was trying to lfp into clan-mate or friend's in-progress dungeon, but sometimes got into other lfp party. Of course I quit it and try again. This occurs the most when the dungeon is in the daily challenge list.

4) Sometimes I do lfp and quit party to solo due to my limited time. For example, I only have about 5 minutes until dinner ready, I have to go solo a short dungeon real quick while in F8 lobby. Simply, I can't wait for the whole party to get through the portal 1 by 1, especially if someone needs like 3-4 minutes to load through the portal. Also, for these short dungeon like CS, HM, yeti, lair, there is no need for a full party to finish them. In fact, even if you have a full party, most likely you will have at least 1-2 afkers in the party anyways.

1 hour ago, Cherish said:

Why screw people over when you can simply go to Zaiwei and walk into Cold Storage?

and why would i want to waste time on more loading screens? Also - i am not screwing anyone. If you need a 1.1k player in your party to clear masts or cold storage - then maybe you should go and finish that main quest line ;) 

11 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

most likely you will have at least 1-2 afkers in the party anyways.

And then they will even bid on the materials from the loot. Like it wasn't enough for them that you basically did the whole dungeon quest for a party of afkers, alts, and helpless newcomers, and they just have to squeeze every single penny from your work. That is why i don't even bother now to go through easy dungeons with a party. Better to solo than sorry, as i would say.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:01 AM, Nyaha said:

21 hours ago, Nyaha said:

and why would i want to waste time on more loading screens? Also - i am not screwing anyone. If you need a 1.1k player in your party to clear masts or cold storage - then maybe you should go and finish that main quest line ;) 

So it's ok that  you don't want to waste the 5/10 seconds on a loading screen to get to zaiwei but the 5 other people who are prepared to go into a dungeon wasting their time to recruit another player is just fine with you huh?

As well as the 6th person who had to be recruited then risks missing the first boss and a daily lockout because they take longer to get there because of you.

Ever thought that maybe they don't give a damn about your 1.1k ap but would have preferred to just have a 6th player that actually participated?

On 2/3/2018 at 12:18 PM, Trix said:

So it's ok that  you don't want to waste the 5/10 seconds on a loading screen to get to zaiwei but the 5 other people who are prepared to go into a dungeon wasting their time to recruit another player is just fine with you huh?

It's not convenient to go to a dungeon outside f8. So ask devs to make it possible to go inside dungeon from f8 without a party.

As to your "problems" - why do you even need to recruit 6th person to those dungeons? You can do them in 2-3 ppl with just story gear. Otherwise you basically just asking for a free carry. And i am not obligated to carry you. Get over it and play the game rather than just afking and waiting to someone alse do it for you.

if i ever leave a party it's bc

a. i assume they finished (with my long loading screens and people already leaving the party, i dont wanna run in and find out at the last minute) + i'll ask if they finished and if i don't get a response i'll leave for that as well 

b. if it's mandate and there's already 3-5 people inside who are over hm8, im assuming trap run, esp if they say they have an orb (in the case i get put in a premade pt)

c. for cs, ill usually leave for the same reason as mandate bc a lot of people are impatient and will likely start even if not everyone is at boss

9 hours ago, Nyaha said:

It's not convenient to go to a dungeon outside f8. So ask devs to make it possible to go inside dungeon from f8 without a party.

As to your "problems" - why do you even need to recruit 6th person to those dungeons? You can do them in 2-3 ppl with just story gear. Otherwise you basically just asking for a free carry. And i am not obligated to carry you. Get over it and play the game rather than just afking and waiting to someone alse do it for you.

You seem to be missing the issue entirely. F8 wasn't designed to be your own personal taxi it's a system designed to put 6 people together to complete a dungeon, so what if it can be done with less people when going with a full party makes it easier and faster and the players then have more time to go on to do other dungeons.

As to your full of yourself attitude i have absolutely no need to be carried as i've been playing the game for 2 years and have almost perfect gear and well over 1.2k ap lol, unlike you i have the courtesy to use the physical portals and solo the content when i don't feel like being social instead of screwing around with other peoples time.

On 2/3/2018 at 3:12 AM, Nyaha said:

My quest line is finished and I remember back to the days when I was a mere 1.1k AP :D

I dont expect anybody to carry me and I never complain when I carry someone else.  I remember back to the days prior to being 1.2++k ap and I was always grateful to higher levels for the effort they put in.  

F8 is advertised as being the place to go for people without a full party to join up with others not a place to go and make other peoples lives hard.

9 hours ago, Nyaha said:

Its not convenient ?  Most days you will see me in Zaiwei running in to solo dungeons unless it is a day I have more time and use F8.

The entrances to Lair of the Frozen Fang, Cold Storage, Avalanche Den, Heavens Mandate are all conveniently situated in Zaiwei.  Couldnt get any more convenient if it tried :D  Its not a problem that I need to wait for the 6th person I do it as a courtesy if I have used F8 to give as many as possible the chance to get the dungeon done.  Your continual comments that others just want to be carried by your 1.1k ap is laughable, truth is most people are probably carrying you :D  Have a nice day :D

1 hour ago, Trix said:

You seem to be missing the issue entirely. F8 wasn't designed to be your own personal taxi it's a system designed to put 6 people together to complete a dungeon, so what if it can be done with less people when going with a full party makes it easier and faster and the players then have more time to go on to do other dungeons.

Well. It failed at its design then. But it's sure is an awesome taxi :) 

And for me - waiting for all those alts that can barely do 20k dps if they are not afking - is not the fastest way to do a dungeon. So i am doing it in the most efficient way.

1 hour ago, Trix said:

As to your full of yourself attitude i have absolutely no need to be carried as i've been playing the game for 2 years and have almost perfect gear and well over 1.2k ap lol, unlike you i have the courtesy to use the physical portals and solo the content when i don't feel like being social instead of screwing around with other peoples time.

Well. If you like to waste time - do whatever you want ;) 

But you are not screwing anyone either way - nothing stops them to just recruit more ppl after you leave the party. The only way you are screwing someone - is that they can not get carried by your op gear.

F8 is advertised as being the place to go for people without a full party to join up with others not a place to go and make other peoples lives hard.

f8 is a place where you can get a fast random party of ppl that are not in any way obligated to you or vice versa.

Its not convenient ?  Most days you will see me in Zaiwei running in to solo dungeons unless it is a day I have more time and use F8.

frankly - i don't care how you do it :) 

Your continual comments that others just want to be carried by your 1.1k ap is laughable, truth is most people are probably carrying you :D

well then why you are so angry that i leave some parties? If they are just carrying me? :)

On 3/2/2018 at 12:18 PM, Trix said:

So it's ok that  you don't want to waste the 5/10 seconds on a loading screen to get to zaiwei

10 seconds? Do you mean the time it takes for me to realise that the game crashed? My loading screens range from 1 minute to 3 minutes depending on the place/dungeon.

LUL 

In an F8 groups, I'll leave the group if I'm not willing to run with anyone below a certain level of AP or just not patient with it. Although, a few times, I may would leave if as the group makes I see a premade that is doing a dungeon that I need something from for that character and go with that group instead. 

However, if I'm in a group that makes via F8 and the people in the group are deliberately running in and attacking the boss before everyone is at the boss, then I'll say something and if that person or people keep doing it, I'll leave the queued group too. Note: I don't usually have that issue with premade groups which makes me wonder if some people don't understand anything about it MMO group ethics. Especially, the one that says wait for people especially if they aren't afk and are currently running to the boss to help clear the boss.

The times I joined a premade made group and people see like HM9 on an alt character of mine that had 1050 AP, I figure they see the low HM level and be like, this person can't clear it or doesn't know the dungeon, etc. When in reality its anything but those reasons. 

I'll leave a premade group if for some reason certain mechanics are failed in two different tries of a particular boss. Example, first boss of NS. If after the first try of the boss and the guard mechanic ends in a wipe. Then I'll ask if everyone knows the mechanic. If they don't I'll briefly explain it and try it again with them. If after that it ends in a wipe again, I'll leave the group. 

Tips to avoid unnecessary leaving of groups:

• Don't assume a person's AP level based on HM level. Often times if a low HM level, then also a low AP level, but its is not always true. So do check the profile of the player's character.
  • If you're a group member that loads in before all players are present, then don't kill mobs if they are apart of the quest for the dungeon (namely shattered masts first area).
  • If you're a group member that loads in before all players are present, even if you are the tank, do not attack the first boss until everyone is there or at least you know for certain they are afk or not coming. 
  • If you enter a dungeon late, then say in chat that you are coming to the other players in the party. 
  • If you enter a dungeon late or via a join party in progress queue, then ask if they cleared something that you may needed for a quest. If they have, then decide from there if you want to help them finish it or leave.
  • And at times, I would say at least say a reason for leaving. It would help the community to become a better place if people wouldn't feel so much animosity towards others. This could be helped by at least saying that "Sorry, we tried but if we don't do the mechanic then we don't have the dps to clear this dungeon, so bye" at least then people will know what they need to improve on in the future. 

Archived