Is NCsoft ever going to adress the latency issue

BtheLee

Why is it that i can get 20-30 ping on games like Revelation Online, WoW, and League of Legends, but i'm constantly stuck at 200 ping for this game? Is there a setting i can change to fix it? I like this game because it's not so P2W as a lot of those other chinese MMO's but the lag is just rediculous sometimes. IIRC they have servers based in Austin, but how is it that i'm always at a constant 200 ping when i play this game, and on top of that, people as disconnecting left and right in f8. I don't see ANY mdoerators answering player questions, and when they do they just give some bullshit redirect to player support which is about as useful as Walmart's customer services on a Sunday. Are we going to see any improvement with our latencies in the future? Did NCsoft fix the issue with people disconnecting? Is there and transparency  with this company or are they just another money grab like the rest of those chinese MMOs

20 minutes ago, BtheLee said:

Why is it that i can get 20-30 ping on games like Revelation Online, WoW, and League of Legends, but i'm constantly stuck at 200 ping for this game? Is there a setting i can change to fix it? I like this game because it's not so P2W as a lot of those other chinese MMO's but the lag is just rediculous sometimes. IIRC they have servers based in Austin, but how is it that i'm always at a constant 200 ping when i play this game, and on top of that, people as disconnecting left and right in f8. I don't see ANY mdoerators answering player questions, and when they do they just give some bullshit redirect to player support which is about as useful as Walmart's customer services on a Sunday. Are we going to see any improvement with our latencies in the future? Did NCsoft fix the issue with people disconnecting? Is there and transparency  with this company or are they just another money grab like the rest of those chinese MMOs

plain and simple: Nope they wont change anything, hell they run the game now via a amazon webserver haha. but u dont miss alot.

While this needs to be addressed by NC and shouldnt be "fixed" by a 3rd party: You can disable humble brag with BnS Buddy.

Also, yes, FPS drastically decreased with this patch. Almost everyone with a "normal" PC (I have i7 7700k with GTX970) lost shitloads of FPS, myself included. 

We had huge problems at redlord due to FPS issues. 

I agree my fps has been all over the place since the new patch. Its usually stable around 95 fps but now with the patch it drops frequently to 20-30. I've never experienced so many freezes while playing this game ever or any other game for that matter that require better rigs to play than bns. They really need to fix it.

4 hours ago, Tonyeattutu said:

All you need is a GTX1080Ti and a good CPU..

yeah ur right,

Are you gonne send me the money with credit card or by Paypal ?

realy ?!? I love those commentaries ... most of us got a decent machine and we can play actual titles with ultra settings pretty fine, just BnS that does excist now for almost 7 or 8 years needs a computer from 2020 to run well ....

Dear god ...

On 12/8/2017 at 5:23 AM, Lata said:

realy ?!? I love those commentaries ... most of us got a decent machine and we can play actual titles with ultra settings pretty fine, just BnS that does excist now for almost 7 or 8 years needs a computer from 2020 to run well ....

Dear god ...

Lol.  Considering the horrible nature of the servers, the dismal optimization of the game and broken patches that computer would probably suffer lag as well.  We are all basically beta testers every Wednesday.

48 minutes ago, Enemy Silence said:

I have a pretty beefy computer and i live close the the server and i still get "undesirable" ping. With how close i live to the server i should always be under 100. After the patch i've floated as high as 180. 

Try a VPN. They might help you direct your connection through a better route.

Just now, ClassicMan said:

VPN won't help. They just need to fix their shtty servers.. Everyone I know of has been lagging like crazy and increased latency ingame since the new update. Could be from the humble brag feature which they are removing upcoming maint.

They help for me, though. My country's cable is pretty much toasted and my native ping is like 400+, but using Pingzapper allows me to play the game smoothly. 

NC continually tries to improves game performance.. if you lag.. more often than not.. its player side issues.. BnS is CPU intensive.. not so much GPU intensive..  If you have crap fps its probably because your potato needs a upgrade, updated drivers.. for some it could be a faulty corroded internet feed line, or a router that is not performing well. It could be your old 1992 Cat5 cable has seen better days.. try upgrading to a newer Cat7 cable.. That Celeron 2 core processor needs a upgrade..https://imgur.com/gJYYa0H

Lol, yeah and magically everyones internet cable corroded or their network is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed all after the patch, seems legit.

People complaining here are mainly comparing their game experience before the patch with after the patch.

And you can't blindly believe that everything NCsoft does for the game on a technical level is an improvement, they can make mistakes too.

I get constant 40-60ms ping .   The lags and latency, etc have nothing to do with the actual real ping from you to the port into the server. those wires/fibers/routers are just the same as they were last month.  Also, the ping number you see in the game is really:  Actual hardware ping along your actual physical route +  client monkey shines and tomfoolery + server horseplay and silliness = game ping.

something has changed in the game,

Has anyone ever noticed little mini-freezes,  like when windows is sneaking an update onto your harddrive while you play, there are 0.5sec hesitations when the whole game program just hangs for that split second as windows does something else for a moment.

ever since I can  remember, I always knew a windows update was being loaded up and soon I would get the "restart nao??????" message.

OK, I just noticed in celestial basin, even during off hours, I was getting these hesitations almost every time I moved. like my cpu clock rate was cut and it had to calculate the new image faster than its capabilities.  The first thing I did was, log out and check for the windows update. Except there wasn't one.

Still in celestial basin, for those who aren't familiar, earlier today, when the big aomakk attack happens, the rain, wait no croxar cuz pink t-rex's sry, it was croxar, and I was getting some extra peaches from berserkers and pink t-rex's and my pc was almost hanging, missing a bunch of frames, and I would be 45 degrees rotated or a few steps forward when I next saw an image.  I had to look away, 1-2 fps maybe??

they have done something to the client and or the data comms between client and server and my normally excellent smooth play is now pathetic.

I was running virus scans and looking for malware/adware or anything like my DAW or my graphics software to have snuck in updates or freebie content...but no nada. 

whatever is happening is inside the game.

I am having the same issue that my in game ping rises to average of 135ms while before big patch I was constant below 80ms. Also the mini freezes happens to me in the Mushroom dungeon many times everyday since the patch. My PC is i7 with 24gb ram, SSD with GTX 1080. Also the FPS in crosserver boss fight drops to below 40 at times, while before patch I was running above 80fps with super high settings.

Something is not right with their software.

6 hours ago, Fieryfly said:

NC continually tries to improves game performance.. if you lag.. more often than not.. its player side issues.. BnS is CPU intensive.. not so much GPU intensive..  If you have crap fps its probably because your potato needs a upgrade, updated drivers.. for some it could be a faulty corroded internet feed line, or a router that is not performing well. It could be your old 1992 Cat5 cable has seen better days.. try upgrading to a newer Cat7 cable.. That Celeron 2 core processor needs a upgrade..https://imgur.com/gJYYa0H

Dude, seems you get enought paid from NCSoft to spread this nonsense can I jump in ?

Do you realy belief that thausends of machines get outdated after Scamsoft just released a new update ?!

BnS is more then  7 years old, (inlc developement and first beta in asia) but we need PCs that arent excist yet to play fine ?

EDIT, message to myself, why I even try it ....

4 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

I get constant 40-60ms ping .   The lags and latency, etc have nothing to do with the actual real ping from you to the port into the server. those wires/fibers/routers are just the same as they were last month.  Also, the ping number you see in the game is really:  Actual hardware ping along your actual physical route +  client monkey shines and tomfoolery + server horseplay and silliness = game ping.

Has anyone ever noticed little mini-freezes,  like when windows is sneaking an update onto your harddrive while you play, there are 0.5sec hesitations when the whole game program just hangs for that split second as windows does something else for a moment.

ever since I can  remember, I always knew a windows update was being loaded up and soon I would get the "restart nao??????" message.

OK, I just noticed in celestial basin, even during off hours, I was getting these hesitations almost every time I moved. like my cpu clock rate was cut and it had to calculate the new image faster than its capabilities.  The first thing I did was, log out and check for the windows update. Except there wasn't one.

Still in celestial basin, for those who aren't familiar, earlier today, when the big aomakk attack happens, the rain, wait no croxar cuz pink t-rex's sry, it was croxar, and I was getting some extra peaches from berserkers and pink t-rex's and my pc was almost hanging, missing a bunch of frames, and I would be 45 degrees rotated or a few steps forward when I next saw an image.  I had to look away, 1-2 fps maybe??

they have done something to the client and or the data comms between client and server and my normally excellent smooth play is now pathetic.

I was running virus scans and looking for malware/adware or anything like my DAW or my graphics software to have snuck in updates or freebie content...but no nada. 

This is exactly my case, word by word.

Everytime I open a window, eg the inventory, I see the cursor flashing and changing from the normal arrow to the loading wheel all the time.

Also checked drivers and asked some friends if they have had issues with their last GPU drivers or something just to make sure.

I'm having absolutely no issues at all in other games, my PC is not a potato, it is a gaming PC that I builded myself and my CPU is actually one of the best parts of it.

This is plain disappointment, after latest update, ping went higher by 20-40, disconnections happen sometimes (sometimes in a row, had 5 disconnections in a row till i quit trying to log again).

And no it's not my PC (For the people that blame always the PC and the FPS, lol i don't why) : 100-121 fps..

And no it's not my router-ip(Tested on pingplotter).

These are my 2 cents about the new content. Hope they do something about it on their next maintenance because it's really unplayable and tilting sometimes.

9 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

This is the exact problem that I'm having!! I also notice it way more in celestial basin. Its like it constantly freezes and unfreezes over and over and I see my fps drop from 95 to about 20 and back up again.. The fact that many of us are having this issue only after the latest patch shows that it is a problem on NC's side. So for those trying to say oh it is your computer or isp. I guess all of our isp or computers suddenly just screwed up right after the update all at once and its a problem on our end because NC can do nothing wrong -_-. Even though if it were my computer with the problem then I would be having fps drops on every single game and not just BNS. Please get your head out your a** because that simply makes no sense for it to be a hardware problem yet I'm able to play all other games that require better specs with no lag what so ever.

Wow, people still trying to apologize for NCsoft's incompetence? How sad and funny.

Okay, so I decided to do a lot of things before pointing the finger at NCsoft: I restarted my computer to update it, still getting FPS issues. I logged onto two other games (Overwatch and Fortnite, both on max graphics), no FPS issues. I log onto BnS, still FPS issues. I hit File Repair, still FPS issues.

It's almost like this problem is YOUR FAULT NCsoft. So the only thing we can ask for is for you to optimize your game already.

Archived