Currency Exchange broken again

Pusskramhaj

So the currency exchange is broken.. again. Are the GMs actually working on a real fix or will this just keep on happening?

Seriously, this is a big issue and you should really be trying to fix this. The currency exchange is the only way for us f2p players to get hmcoins (unless rng is on our side and we get a venture token), and when it doesn't work as intended a lot of people suffer. Especially when it happens during an event where you need hmcoins/ncoins.

I can't be the only one that is sick and tired of this

it's not broken the DEV team controls the currency exchange ( they want you to buy NCoins) as well as the so called RNG how

they look at how much X amount of materials are in player's inventory and adjust the drop rate accordingly 

and they see how much gold players have vs how much NCoins players have and adjust the drop rate of the venture tokens 

and the higher real money you spend on the game with an active subscription or premium the higher your chance in getting rare drops (RNG)

it's to keep paying customers happy and free to play players having a sense of i think i need to try and spend money (real money) to get good things

that is why at the start of the game low level players will start getting venture tokens so you go and try to spend it ( HMcoins) but it's not enough to buy anything good

so you go do dungeons get gold to sell you do it 1 or 2 time then you try 3 and 4 time all is good but when players have too much gold this will happen 

and these events are for the paying customers so they feel a sense of joy and worth for the time and money they have spent on the game and spend all the useless gold they have 

so don't get mad just go with the flow sell your gold after the event and save up HMcoins or look for players that are willing to sell you the things you need for cheaper than the market

PS : someone will come by and say no they don't control currency exchange or RNG and i call bullshit on that

and this is not by any way to be used by people that have a problem with the game being F2P/P2W game 

if you like the game play it if you don't then bye bye

Max....you are not helping whatsoever.

To put it simple all you're saying is for us to deal with it in which we WON'T do. We know it's broken and should have been fixed months ago in december.

MOST of us here are pvpers who like to look good and pvp in style, we don't pve whatsoever so this is a problem that needs fixing. We can't buy costume like this.

Us selling soul stones isn't cutting it anymore since the prices on those are dropping each and every day.

• 2 weeks later...

A new Patch and still broken.
We can't sell Gold higher then 1:3:0.

Or should i realy say, it is the way you wanted it?
You can fix a error asap, when it was in favor of the player (much better crit at trove on first day). But this exchange problem is not possible to solve? Because you only want sell your ncoins?

And second:
Why do you steal 10% coins? A Player payed real money for coins to trade them with another player for gold. It has nothing to do with ncsoft. But you still keep 10%. For what? I see absolutely no reason why you should have it. (actually, you don't get the coins, you just reduce the amount that the player is getting)

26 minutes ago, Zini said:

And second:
Why do you steal 10% coins? A Player payed real money for coins to trade them with another player for gold. It has nothing to do with ncsoft. But you still keep 10%. For what? I see absolutely no reason why you should have it. (actually, you don't get the coins, you just reduce the amount that the player is getting)

That's the strategy to make the user to gain less coin and cost more gold

If Say in a different way, it will be:

- If you need gold, it's promote you to purchase ncoin and buy gold. (doesn't lose 10% gold)

- If you need ncoin, it's promote you to grinder harder for more gold to sell (lose 10% coin) or simply purchase ncoin.

And the reason they will/may tell you is:

- That is for maintain the value of coin

1 hour ago, Zini said:

They need to make up for the free hmcoins from venture tokens somehow ;)

In which it isnt a value at all because if it was we wouldn't be posting about getting ripped off every week or so. *sigh* man they couldn't just leave it up to the devs and keep it 1:67, had to leave it to the community who can't help but break stuff...

According to support it's working as intended tho, which isn't true since they fixed it the other times it broke down.

The rates have been able to go up in the past, but now they won't because it can't go higher than 1:3.00 (in EU).

That support actually lies to you when you confront them about the issue really pisses me off.

Don't worry guys, free players will sell their gold again and make the ratio drop near 1:2 when today special/summer outfits come out or maybe next summer trove. They need hmcoins to purchase F10 stuff and without whales they cant get any decent outfits or try their luck in trove and RNG boxes. I hope they will introduce wild ginseng again, so whales can get gold easier without needing to rely on F9 currency exchange. Free players can get hmcoins too from venture token but seeing the rate almost close to zero, they got no choice but to sell their gold in F9.

For those who think the rate can rise above 1:4 again you can try wait for that to happen. I remember well in bns currency exchange history since the game released which was at 1:60 ratio with poharan as the hardest boss. Day by day the gold ratio dropped due to tons of players farming gold.  I'm playing in North America server and i try to set the gold above 1:4 but it wont let me, It seems they make a fix rate for gold sellers at 1:4 which means that they cannot sell above that but they can sell below that.

Seems like for most of the ppl. gold is worth more than the 1:3 ratio.. and if they dont have to sell it, they wont. 

Just wait for the next cash event... oder for the next good outfit... and you will be able to buy gold again.

On a sidenote..  the "fixed" max rate prevents exploiting F9 a little bit^^

Honestly its not broken, i know because every so often people are still selling gold i even tried and sold 10 gold today just to see since there wasnt any sells listed but i dont feel its worth my time to do all the work for a lot of gold and then give it away for practically next to nothing. I can be using that gold for upgrades :P  In most games the average is 1:10 and ive seen it as high as 1:25. In this game i have steadily watch that fall apart since they opened the gold market.  I could deal when it was 1:5/6 but this 1:3 and people still undercutting that is getting ridiculous. Before you know it, it will be 1:1 and well i already feel its not worth it.

I have been lucky recently with venture coins so i have been saving my HM coins (3500ish) and i have a cash limit of 20-30 a month for ncoin but some months dont bother because i would rather have a new dress or skirt outfit in real life than for my character. I guess if i do get desperate its because a limited outfit comes out that i really really like then i will work my arse off for the gold to eventually get it. Thankfully i have four characters on one account that can make gold for me.  It was easier when the ratio was 1:8 or more tho. Doubt we will ever see that again tho this 1:3 and less is becoming the trend especially with all those that undercut the current going rate. 

On 6/4/2017 at 9:58 AM, Hirukaru said:

Gold selling should have a standard minimum rate of 1 gold for 10ncoin. 
because the p2 players try to get it to 1:1

I completely agree with this but with BnS i guess thats wishful thinking

Fact #1:  There is a finite limit of HMcoins a player can generate just playing. The "cost" if you will, is time invested to accumulate HMcoins.

Fact #2:  ALL TRANSACTIONS IN THE GOLD EXCHANGE ARE DRIVEN BY CASH Ncoin PURCHASES WITH REAL MONEY.

Every single HMcoin everyone is crying about was paid for with real money by someone.

Fact #3:  When the quantity of real money spent decreases drastically, this creates a shortage of Ncoins to be sold for gold and gold becomes worth less and less.

Call it supply&demand or call it runaway inflation, whatever.  Gold is so easy to earn, why would the whales even buy gold beyond the next trove.

Fact #4: the exchange is not "broken" in the sense that it doesn't function correctly. 

Opinion #1:   Seeing as how every single last hmcoin bought comes from real money, it is kind of bogus that f2p players feel some kind of entitlement to more favorable gold exchange rates.  I kind of think that you are scavengers and can only take what is given to you by the p2p players. I'm one of those too, so I can say that. i'm a total scavenger and there is no way in hell I would sell gold right now.

But everyone crying in this thread seems to ignore the truth, which is someone has to pay for these coins, and y'all refuse to, so you get what you get.

how can you dare expect more? seriously.

56 minutes ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

Opinion #1:   Seeing as how every single last hmcoin bought comes from real money, it is kind of bogus that f2p players feel some kind of entitlement to more favorable gold exchange rates.  I kind of think that you are scavengers and can only take what is given to you by the p2p players. I'm one of those too, so I can say that. i'm a total scavenger and there is no way in hell I would sell gold right now.

But everyone crying in this thread seems to ignore the truth, which is someone has to pay for these coins, and y'all refuse to, so you get what you get.

how can you dare expect more? seriously.

Scavengers? what gives you the right to assume that just because we focus more on free to play we dont spend money in this game. Granted some do. Some of us free to play players are premium players (i dont consider being premium pay to win)  and some of us do invest what we can ncoin although mostly limited. Im already Rank 10 with premium but thats taken me the last year plus some to get between limited cash ncoin as well as HMcoin spending and pretty much all of that goes to fashion stuff.

I dont believe in the pay to win path in any game to me that sucks all the enjoyment of WORKING HARD for your gear for your GOLD and what not. You see the complaint by many is we PUT THE TIME IN to make the GOLD. Sometimes hours and days so that we can upgrade our gear and other stuff. On occassion we dont have the funds to get these limited outfits or to enjoy certain events so we race to make more gold to sell. Well guess what the SELF ENTITLED WHALES want to pay for everything to win and have everyone else do the WORK for them. Last i checked people you know the one's you are calling scavengers that take the time to work for their gold just want a little bit back for what they put into the game. Workers get paid for their time. No on is asking for a 1:100 return were asking for something more reasonable like 1:8/10 return. Right now its flirting with 1:2/3 if it gets to 1:1 no one will bother giving away their gold except a very few. We sell gold for fashion and what not, the others buy gold for upgrades cause they dont wanna take the time to make the gold in the game. So we are the scavengers. Its funny how the rich or in this case whales always want to take advantage of everyone else. Must be nice having a lot of money and having everyone do the work for you...

-shrugs- sorry that just irked me when i saw you come out calling people you dont know scavengers and for what cause it made you feel good?

So, US has 1:4:0. EU 1:3:0. Great.

And when i see how quiet the official supporter are, i doubt they change anything. Not even a single short answer here. That's the right way, to deal with costumers.

100 Gold = 400 HMCoins would be fair. Not too much, not too less.

Well, how about this idea:
In F10, you has 2 areas. Ncoins and HMcoins. Add a 3rd and sell Gold directly for HMCoin Bundle. And Coins for Gold Bundle. 3 Bundle of each. And each can bought only once a month. (+10% with Premium) Player can't lower the ratio on purpose. You can also change or remove it, when a special event is running.

sample: you get...
300 gold for 1200 ncoins/hmcoins
500 gold for 2000 ncoins/hmcoins
999 gold for 4000 ncoins/hmcoins
(for the whales and other who want quick gold)

1200 hmcoins for 300 gold
2000 hmcoins for 500 gold
4000 hmcoins for 999 gold
(for f2p player who want also a nice costume or needed mats)

And if someone need more or less, he/she can still use the F9 trade.

Or (second idea):
Just sell only costumes for gold directly in this 3rd area. Available for Ncoins and gold, not ncoins and hmcoins. When someone needs mats from F10, they still need trade with F9.

A costume has no special power. It's just look. It hurt no one. Whales are still happy with there brought gear for real money. And they can get costumes with ncoins or gold now. F2P and/or Premium-Player have another reason to farm gold. No need to give away gold to someone, who keep the ratio very low.

All of you are missing the point. I posted this thread because the devs or whoever fixes the game, aren't fixing something that is BROKEN. I am NOT talking about players making the rates higher or lower, about whales or p2p/f2p. When f9 wasn't broken you could put up gold for higher than the average rate, but now you can't. It's set at a certain rate that you can only go under, never over. And THAT is the problem I am talking about.

You're free to put up a dumpling for 1k gold, why not just let us put gold up for whatever rate we choose? Why does ncsoft have to pick the max amount?

@Pusskramhaj Why, you ask? The most obvious (but impossible to prove due to lack of evidence) scenario would be that this is done on purpose. Keeping Ncoin to Gold ratios low, means you get more gold if you purchase Ncoins, meaning in theory there's a greater chance for people to buy Ncoins for that purpose. But assuming this is the case is nothing short of tin foil hat behavior. We'll have to wait and see what they do about it. And whether they address it yesterday or yesterday next year. 

@Terl It's perfect if you're a buyer, which makes this whole thing very suspicious xD

9 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

@Pusskramhaj Why, you ask? The most obvious (but impossible to prove due to lack of evidence) scenario would be that this is done on purpose. Keeping Ncoin to Gold ratios low, means you get more gold if you purchase Ncoins, meaning in theory there's a greater chance for people to buy Ncoins for that purpose. But assuming this is the case is nothing short of tin foil hat behavior. We'll have to wait and see what they do about it. And whether they address it yesterday or yesterday next year. 

@Terl It's perfect if you're a buyer, which makes this whole thing very suspicious xD

Well yeah, of course. But it only worked for them when people were desperate for hmcoins, since F9 is empty now, so fixing it would get people to start selling their gold again. They have fixed it in the past, but I guess they've gotten greedier.

I know they'll just put out another event where we're "forced" to sell it at that rate tho, cause the community lets them get away with that crap. It's sad that we don't come together to stop them from doing that, because we can have an impact if there's a lot of us.

Archived