Is it worth coming back to bns as a solo player?

Milleinia

So I'm a solo player with 7 characters made and I main KFM (who is lvl 50 hongmoon 4) and I haven't really played bns for about a year now but I'll occassionally come back every couple months, but every time I do, it feels like it's not as fun playing by myself and my other friends all left (so I'm in a Clan by myself ranking it up by myself when I do log on) and I really do enjoy playing bns, I just have no one to really play it with and I can't really progress further because my stats are sort of low for my level, and I was wondering if it's even worth coming back now because I don't mind playing catch-up. I just don't enjoy not being able to access anything because my stats are too low since I can't really do the dungeons (because I get kicked from them for having too low att or don't meet the requirement lol). 

I'm a nearly 100% solo player but I know an MMO shouldn't be played solo for too long. They are multiplayer games and the multiplayer aspect will be obviously needed at certain point. I myself just level up new characters only to see what the classes do. When I get bored, I uninstall and leave until a new story addition comes. But that works only if you accept you won't be able to upgrade your character that much. Since after all, you can't solo the dungeons with the gear and materials needed for the later upgrades.

So my best, golden advice? Seek friends or make new ones. PVP may be needed for a few things, and getting good (the whole git gud thing) is mandatory for hard dungeons, but optional if you are not interested in top level play. On the other side, playing with others is really good for both your character progress and for your enjoyment of the game. So go social!

Depends on what you're meaning when you say solo players. When I go "solo player mode" in MMORPG, that means I do everything by myself and never join a party.

In BnS, you can't play this type of solo player. You need to join parties. If your idea of a solo player is someone who doesn't join a clan and LFP, then you can play this game, but I don't consider this as a solo player tbh :p

If you like the game there shouldn't be any problems at all, you will be able to enjoy the game. Also, every day people make alts so you will always find people to play with.You will eventually catch up with the rest (excluding p2w people of course) and be able to do all dungeons.

Now previous "hard" dungeons are too easy so you can just spam them with all your chars and get lots of gold to upgrade a single character faster. Just do, as an example, yeti, lair, cold storage and heaven's mandate and you get 8 gold per character approximately. Even though you are HM4, you will see yourself HM8~10 in no time and get some stats boosts.

If you find a good guild and you are not against the idea of joining them, do it. You can always enjoy a game more with friends or that's what I believe. More if the guild has a Discord channel or any other talk program :D

If you have tons of real money then I ll say you can play this game but if you dont please dont play this game you ll need parties for things like BT and if you are not a whale you will never get group for that, then you will never progress I just got kicked from my BT group because I went to the none whale weapon path 'Dawnforged'. 

To put this bluntly, playing any mmo solo is not going to get you far. It's not hard to make some friends. If you're worried about gear the good news it's cheaper than ever. You can prob solo content your way to stage 7 legendary with full pinnacle accessories. You're not going to get into some high end raiding clan, but small clans are best to start out anyways.

11 minutes ago, Malign said:

To put this bluntly, playing any mmo solo is not going to get you far. It's not hard to make some friends. If you're worried about gear the good news it's cheaper than ever. You can prob solo content your way to stage 7 legendary with full pinnacle accessories. You're not going to get into some high end raiding clan, but small clans are best to start out anyways.

That's not true at all...

14 minutes ago, 897647_1452550632 said:

yes it does, i'm solo player and i know a bunch of other solo players doing very well and almost becoming a whale myself even as "semi f2p" player

1 quick question : Did you ever joined a party ? Or did all your EC/DT/NF/NS in solo ?

1000 USD is not Real whale amount man, and i guess he can even get ósme bt stuff with that money remeber - cash=ncoin=gold=bt boost runs , not a problem, you can duo the game, you and your creditcarduuu

28 minutes ago, Athex said:

Depends if you mean solo solo, or solo with you credit card in the inventory Hahahha:d cuz that's what bns mostly is about :)swipeeee

Even with credit card, you've got to farm for some weaps, and you need parties for BT and some other dungeons. Even 1000USD doesn't allow you to solo NS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 6:38 PM, Moonstruck said:

Depends on what you're meaning when you say solo players. When I go "solo player mode" in MMORPG, that means I do everything by myself and never join a party

yeah, I am the first type of solo: I literally try everything myself lvling up clans, any dungeons (if possible but most aren't because they literally require parties for me to advance), etc literally I am by myself.

But thanks for the input everyone, and I dont really join clans (guilds whatever) often cuz I can't game as hard as I used to these past years with my college schedule and I end up getting kicked for being gone for like a month or two lol. But yeah I'll consider coming back to it because I really did enjoy the game as a whole it's just hard getting far without being a whale (as I am one of many broke college kids without a lot of extra cash atm lol)  or having any friends to play with. I guess I'll have to try hosting my own raids but not too sure how that'll work out.

1 hour ago, Milleinia said:

But thanks for the input everyone, and I dont really join clans (guilds whatever) often cuz I can't game as hard as I used to these past years with my college schedule and I end up getting kicked for being gone for like a month or two lol. But yeah I'll consider coming back to it because I really did enjoy the game as a whole it's just hard getting far without being a whale (as I am one of many broke college kids without a lot of extra cash atm lol)  or having any friends to play with. I guess I'll have to try hosting my own raids but not too sure how that'll work out.

It's not hard at all getting by without being a whale. With the many material reductions needed for Weapon upgrades, implication of Normal/Hard mode dungeons(anything below Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel, Naryu Foundry and Naryu Sanctum are default Normal mode) makes it literally impossible to not find a party a dungeon you need; minus Sundered Nexus because it's Nexus.

You'll easily progress while being a solo player, just have to join F8 when it comes to doing dungeons and if you want to do raids such as Midnight Skypetal Plains and Dawn of Khanda Vihar then you just have to start your own or join someone else's. Not going to include Black Tower(Skybreak Spire) because that's endgame content  and it's not required for weapon upgrades since they made an alternative weapon path. Only thing you'd be missing out on are the soul shields and accessories at most.

Just remember to go at your own pace. You don't have to try and rush to catch up because that'll make you overthink things and stress you out for no reason.

16 minutes ago, Fufia said:

I do not know if this is going to change. But if NCS continue put end game gear in 24man. NO is not worth.

There will always be an alternative path that's on par/a little less strong as the endgame gear acquired from a 24man raid when it comes to Weapons at least.

For Elemental accessories/Soul Shields acquired from raids, don't think so but I haven't seen anything about an alternative.

14 hours ago, Milleinia said:

yeah, I am the first type of solo: I literally try everything myself lvling up clans, any dungeons (if possible but most aren't because they literally require parties for me to advance), etc literally I am by myself.

You should try Onigiri then :)

You can do everything solo if you like to grind, and it's a game where grinding makes perfect.

Some say it's P2W, but only if you don't like to grind.

The game is possible as a solo player, but it doesn't last for very long that way. After hitting I don't know maybe stage 5 on your legendary weapon? It gets a bit difficult because the next weapon that you require to upgrade your weapon are from the harder dungeons. Nowadays players mainly seek for those who are 850+ AP when you're just running around with barely 800AP. Some dungeons might be possible with a full party of 800+ but the chances of finding a team that knows the mechs of the dungeons can be pretty difficult.. 

If you're lazy like majority of the players in the game then I suggest having your credit card ready because the game is a huge p2w.

Archived