For those of you planning to quit to RO...

ARC1276

Don't.

That's my only advice for you. It will actually be worse than BnS in almost every way possible. Story, combat, graphics, and even the environment. Heck especially the environment. That's what instantly turned me off about the bloody thing. It looks so boring and uninspiring, like walking through the Cinderlands x1,000,000. Just don't bother. Consider this your PSA. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But people will still move cause they will think that the servers are better than those we have here, the game is more stable and all classes will be balanced, less farming, easier to upgrade and stuff like that. But they are missing the fact that its a chinese MMO and they tend to be grindy to the bottom of their keyboards. Also dont forget MY is known to be a P2W company and god knows how that will turn out (For example people thought BDO will be better than BnS, yet it turned out worse than anything ever made, coincidence?). Its all about how the publisher is going to handle the game and the only publisher that is able to handle a game well is NC (maybe because their sub-companies are responsible for the games themselves? coincidence?)

ROFL! Was already contemplating quitting bns for good due to "numerous flaws and inconsistencies of game / service" in BnS.

This only helps strengthen My resolve to play RO even more. At least I will be able to play RO without doing every 15secs approx. Lol

Sorry. Sucks too. I tried to give NC a shot. I missed >;P

Just now, Morotzukami said:

ROFL! Was already contemplating quitting bns for good due to "numerous flaws and inconsistencies of game / service" in BnS.

This only helps strengthen My resolve to play RO even more. At least I will be able to play RO without doing every 15secs approx. Lol

You're not going to enjoy it, trust me. First 5 seconds of playing the Closed beta and I lost interest and was bored in a matter of seconds.

The graphics suck, the story sucks, character creation sucks. Everything about it is just bad. 

But ya, I feel sorry for you. You're going to go from a nice Ferrari to an old, busted up Ford (Not saying that Ford is a bad company or anything, just couldn't think up of many other car companies at the instant). Anyway, enjoy your ripped off game play made by a P2W company. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. After all, there's a reason why no one has heard of their developer/publishers before. At least NCsoft has had success in the past. 

14 minutes ago, Morotzukami said:

So you wanna go and play a copy of bns .... smart move dude ...

I dont know why same1 do a post like this but ok ( just give more reputation to RO and nometer if is good or bad ppl go try)

Copy of blade BS lololol just in  character creation but same1 say is  sucks

fighting system is a pure copy/paste from bns epic this 1 never try RO and dont lost time see vides just come here say shit.

Bad Story 95% of RO story is in Chinese and you say is bad?wtf

Guys RO have lots of problames but no1 here give a valid 1 lololol and RO have lots of time to fix game.

all about how the publisher is going to handle the game and the only publisher that is able to handle a game well is NC (maybe because their sub-companies are responsible for the games themselves? coincidence?)

yea this guy strat good but end say NC handle a game well just lol you play BS man?

RO forum have a post dont remember the name but is like u come for BS go see how many pages the post have and how good ppl say about BS

2 minutes ago, ARC1276 said:

You're not going to enjoy it, trust me. First 5 seconds of playing the Closed beta and I lost interest and was bored in a matter of seconds.

To be fair, 5 seconds isn't enough to build an opinion, in BnS you haven't even got past a loading screen in that time ;)

I tested Wildstar (another game by NCSoft) for about 30 minutes not including the char creation, I was impressively bored with the gameplay (most notably the combat). I'm sure the game will be much better once you get to end-game, it's gotten very good response from a lot of players after all. So it's obviously not a bad game, it's just that in my opinion, it wasn't good enough to overshadow my alternatives.

My point with this post is; don't pass off your opinions as facts, you can say that YOU didn't like it and (if you want to) why YOU didn't like it. But please, don't "pity" someone because they intend to try something you didn't like.

Gameplay, graphics bla bla aside, you can test those yourself. If you like it better, great, play RO.

But if you're going to play RO because you think it'll be better in terms of server stability/p2w aspects/balance/good support/good publishing, well, it won't.

At least in Blade and Soul most of the graphical problems and limitations comes from the engine itself, not from the design of the game (yes, the game is 5 years old when UE4 wasnt even considered making). RO on the other side have its own engine and with this comes a vast universe of problems. I was watching a streamer play it at CTB 2 weeks ago and I was disgusted by the graphics and the handling of those graphical problems (putting aside the chinese text :D). The fact that the FPS is again limited and there was FPS drops aswell.

But just wait for the opening of the servers, you cant really get a good feeling about how the servers will handle the game with only a short amount of people getting in (and even at this CBT there was like 2-3h queue times, I was just stunned for a CBT to have login queues). During the CBT of BnS, I didnt experience a login queue even once. So this speaks bad for the game. No loading screens and only 1 zone is the equivalent of bad lag (I experienced that in Aion a while ago during sieges and stuff), this wount make the game better, it will make the gameplay a living hell (I hope I am wrong about this, but my experience tells me otherwise).

So yeah, good luck with Revelation Online, a copycat of our most favorite games :D

3 hours ago, NightFer said:

Its all about how the publisher is going to handle the game and the only publisher that is able to handle a game well is NC (maybe because their sub-companies are responsible for the games themselves? coincidence?)

i could chew anything, but this. LOL this made my day

1 hour ago, Fufia said:

I dont know why same1 do a post like this but ok ( just give more reputation to RO and nometer if is good or bad ppl go try)

Copy of blade BS lololol just in  character creation but same1 say is  sucks

fighting system is a pure copy/paste from bns epic this 1 never try RO and dont lost time see vides just come here say shit.

Bad Story 95% of RO story is in Chinese and you say is bad?wtf

Guys RO have lots of problames but no1 here give a valid 1 lololol and RO have lots of time to fix game.

all about how the publisher is going to handle the game and the only publisher that is able to handle a game well is NC (maybe because their sub-companies are responsible for the games themselves? coincidence?)

yea this guy strat good but end say NC handle a game well just lol you play BS man?

RO forum have a post dont remember the name but is like u come for BS go see how many pages the post have and how good ppl say about BS

I'm not sure what you wanna say with that they have a forum ....and alot of ppl said good things .... anyway i don't care if ppl wanna play it or not ... i don't like it i think is kinda shity .... what i don't understand is this type of post where ppl cry cry cry about BNS ... and how bad is this game ... but they are still on forums... maybe in the game too.... and they keep telling us that they will quit .... that they will go and play RO which is much better (is just a copy ) ....or idk what game ..... I will say one thing ...don't think someone care what are you gonna do....

52 minutes ago, NightFer said:

At least in Blade and Soul most of the graphical problems and limitations comes from the engine itself, not from the design of the game (yes, the game is 5 years old when UE4 wasnt even considered making). RO on the other side have its own engine and with this comes a vast universe of problems. I was watching a streamer play it at CTB 2 weeks ago and I was disgusted by the graphics and the handling of those graphical problems (putting aside the chinese text :D). The fact that the FPS is again limited and there was FPS drops aswell.

But just wait for the opening of the servers, you cant really get a good feeling about how the servers will handle the game with only a short amount of people getting in (and even at this CBT there was like 2-3h queue times, I was just stunned for a CBT to have login queues). During the CBT of BnS, I didnt experience a login queue even once. So this speaks bad for the game. No loading screens and only 1 zone is the equivalent of bad lag (I experienced that in Aion a while ago during sieges and stuff), this wount make the game better, it will make the gameplay a living hell (I hope I am wrong about this, but my experience tells me otherwise).

So yeah, good luck with Revelation Online, a copycat of our most favorite games :D

Like i say before you never try RO and you dont lost time see vides! CBT 2 Dont start and has no date yet.

First of all you can't judge a game by it's CBT to begin with.  I've played the CBT and this is my opinion so far

Pros:

If you like the MMO trinity and Asian theme this is the game for you.

It's a seamless open world as in no loading screens for changing zones only for dungeons.  I can fly from one end of the map to the next with no loading screens.

You can fly!  Not glide but actually fly!

Classes are more defined to specific tasks and well balanced i.e. Spiritshaper has low dps but incredible healing.

Tons of content.

You are rewarded for playing i.e. login rewards

You can go afk and gain experience the Hot Springs if anyone that has played knows what I'm talking about.

Guilds Guilds Guilds this game is extremely guild orientated build up your guild base.

Character housing coming soon

Relationship and marriage system

Job system

Character customization is more in depth than BnS you can make your own color and has more options

Game is stable had no problems

Server is stable

Lots of outfits plus you can mix outfit pieces create your own per se

Cons:

Its not BnS in terms of combat its just slower

GFX will never be as detailed as BnS within the given future

Game doesn't seem to handle multiple inputs no more than two or three keys pressed it seems

Game grind starts relatively early around level 35 cap is at 79

Experience quest holes while leveling as in you can't do next quest till like level 45 and you just reached level 41

Story quests and quests in general seem to lack in giving xp making leveling kind of boring instead major xp is gained through dungeons and dailies

XP requirements jump high extremely early I'm level 44 and my xp required is over 3 million note each quest gives about 30k max except for dungeons and dailies

Conclusions:

This game is not BnS nor a BnS copycat so stop saying that.  This game reminds me more of Tera and its combat system as well as questing system.  I'm not going to quit BnS because I have put too much work into it and I like the combat.  However, I'm prefer to play more traditional MMOs so RO will eat up a good deal of time away from BnS.  The game is more stable in terms of network connectivity and its engine is optimized to work with pretty much any system out there.  So if you like a good traditional MMO and the Asian theme give it a try when the open beta begins.

8 minutes ago, DoubleV said:

I'm not sure what you wanna say with that they have a forum ....and alot of ppl said good things .... anyway i don't care if ppl wanna play it or not ... i don't like it i think is kinda shity .... what i don't understand is this type of post where ppl cry cry cry about BNS ... and how bad is this game ... but they are still on forums... maybe in the game too.... and they keep telling us that they will quit .... that they will go and play RO which is much better (is just a copy ) ....or idk what game ..... I will say one thing ...don't think someone care what are you gonna do....

What??

i dont cry about BS i just say this arguments about RO are stuipd!

When you see ppl say combat in RO is copy od BS is just ridiculos.

BS combat smashing RO combat is why this game still alive

I will still give RO a try, if the graphics are reasonable and the pvp system is better/normal/at least somewhat balanced I might stay there.

Tired of this "MMO" ARCADE style of pvp crap with an insane imbalance between the classes ^^

Don't get me wrong this game has one of the best PVE combat systems I've seen, it just doesn't work for pvp. 

Ok, haters can go ahead and troll now, idc. xD Only reason I'm still here is because I've spent lots of money on this game and pve still keeps me entertained for now xD

5 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

Don't.

That's my only advice for you. It will actually be worse than BnS in almost every way possible. Story, combat, graphics, and even the environment. Heck especially the environment. That's what instantly turned me off about the bloody thing. It looks so boring and uninspiring, like walking through the Cinderlands x1,000,000. Just don't bother. Consider this your PSA. 

And I completely disagree with you. It's not fair to come onto the forums and say your opinion about the game is fact. People will try the game for themselves and judge it on their own. The games are completely different and each person has their own taste.

IMO they both offer something better than the other. So I will be playing both.

2 hours ago, NightFer said:

A copy of a lot of games, but the fighting system is a pure copy/paste from bns whatsoever :D

Rlly? I beg to differ. from what I saw, it looks a lot less grounded or less challenging? I'm not sure how to put it but bns feels much tighter in terms of leeway for combos/mistakes. now someone who has played combat in RO needs to let me know if I am wrong because I do like RO for its own world of aesthetics buy so far the combat feels like a wasd tab click. 

Bns feels like u can't just get away with tab clicking. that being said, many players also argue that the game combos r so simple (like 3rf or spam rb/lb). I still think that simplicity adds to the per second aspect of dps. 

I think that's what it is, RO combat does not seem like dps but rather roles/styles of different forms of damage dealing. Like so far with the occultist and summoner the spells r largely clunky bcus you can't cast things during a current spell's animation. I cud be totally wrong tho. so it feels like a turn based combat where it's like one skill animation after another. (I guess that is simply anicanceling)

Perhaps there is something enjoyable to that tho. I wud like to hear opinions. 

In RO do you need to put stats points or skill points that cannot be changed unless you buy some rip off items or reroll?

The best thing I love about BNS is able to experiment different build at any time. But the recent patches seems to kill off most of the builds into 1 single mindless dps build :(

in aion u could fly. combat in fly was bad. what's up with flying anyway?

the fact that u can chose 3 different ways of playing the game (point and click, skillshot, autotarget) is already bad for me because i think combat will be bad because of this .

CBT cannot be used to review a game, moreover 5 seconds gameplay.

anyway, what's this interest in players leaving a game for another? who cares if they quit BnS. game won't die anyway.

For the record most people have already quit BnS, and it's not all because of RO. Personally I do plan to play RO, but I'm waiting for OBT and more translations. Not sure why everyone says BnS has the best combat, because it doesn't. BnS combat does not even compare to games like Tera and Dragon Nest where you actually have to dodge with with dedicated dodge skills on a really low cd. BnS is like, "oh shit I'm a WL and I used my backstep, I'm fked with no chance of escaping before they KO me", how is that great combat? Also you can't even use your skills freely, every class has set combos or you are litterly just spamming LMB and RMB, still don't see how that's great combat. 

Differences Between BnS and RO:

-BnS combat is outdated

-->RO is not and you have a dedicated dodge skill and can use your skills freely without being bound by stupid set combos

-BnS lacks end game content (after a year they are finally releasing 1 raid), dungeon grinding the same dungeon 100+ times with 0 rewards

-->RO has multiple dungeons with multiple difficulties and the loot scales accordingly, with ample end game raids and content

-BnS lacks other types of events and content using the same Daily Challenge over and over again to host almost every single event

-->RO has World Bosses, Guild Content, Guild Wars, and large scale PVP

-BnS lacks other types of content people like to see in MMOs

-->RO has housing, pets, mounts, wings, marriage system, mini-games, complete costume customization

-BnS loot in game is horrid for end game gearing, you can run CS/Tomb/Citadel 500+ times and still not get L accessories/radiant energy/mysterious crystals and the only other option is to buy them, you litterly cannot farm them in any efficient fashion

-->RO, most gearing and mats for gearing are obtainable and farmable in game, you might have to farm but it's not solely dependent on how much of a whale you are 

-And most of all the classes in BnS are so unbalanced its not even funny

-->RO all classes have something they specialize in so its a team effort

Just my opinion, just have no clue why people boast about BnS having the best combat and graphics because it really doesn't, it came out in 2012 :<

Archived