Should NCWest add a "Recommended AP" for dungeons?

Alysha Hawkeye

It's not a filter, just a description text.

350+ for purple Moonwater dungeons,

450+ for easy purple 6-man Silverfrost,

500+ for easy  purple 4-man and harder  purple 6-man Silvefrost dungeons,

550+ for harder purple 4-man  Silverfrost dungeons.

I think it would help new player to know what kind of AP they should achieve to run a dungeon, instead of listening on the grapevine of AP enthusiasts and think that they need to get 50 AP more than what they really need.

I would say 350-400 is justified in Naryu lab but definitely Blackram Supply Chain can be done with around 300-350 AP. That place can be duoed at 400-420 AP players. Also I have been doing Yeti, Necro and Lair ever since I hit 400 AP and especially since even 600+ might join those. The numbers you stated are ok only if the players are at the exact AP with +20-50 marginal and none above that. Yeti also can be done 3-man with a team of 400, 570 and 600 AP players and it doesn't mean that the 400 AP here was getting carried.

I get though why this would be good since now it is super easy to gain HM levels and even 380 AP can be HM4-6.

it's a wise idea... but issue at hand is that ppl must know the certains mechanics that does team wipe. to name a few, a good example of these dungeons would be Sogun's Lament, Avalanche Den, Sundered Nexus & the 2 new heroic purple dungeon, Shattered Mast & gloomdross incursion.

I'd rather it be recommended weapon, accessory, and soul shield, as opposed to AP, because it's not the only important stat. For example:

image.png

This was in a Frozen Lair 4-man. His AP is considered "passable", but look at the abysmal critical damage. At that level, most players on average have roughly 180%~190% critical damage; 40%~50% less critical damage is a massive damage loss over losing the same amount of AP.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

This was in a Frozen Lair 4-man. His AP is considered "passable", but look at the abysmal critical damage. At that level, most players on average have roughly 180%~190% critical damage; 40%~50% less critical damage is a massive damage loss over losing the same amount of AP.

Right. 20 ap more or less doesn't matter but 10% crit or 30% crit damage makes a difference. Relying only on ap is bullshit. AP recommendations alone for dungeons won't help anyone.

Basically, no. A much discussed theme, which has no absolute answer.

Guidelines would be good, but not a min. AP requirement.

This is called pigeon holing, sticking things in categories. The community thinks that AP is the most important attribute right now

Thanks  to Shadovvv for adding that screenie. Sums up the lack of understanding for this part of the mechanics ...

I think I have a better idea. They should remove completely the feature that permits the players to see the gear and stats of other players because, let's be honest, the ap obsession is as ridiculous as useless, and people would begin to care more about making a balanced build than just mindlessly boosting that stupid number.

Guys, you are missing the point. Every high AP player knows all that dungeons can be done with much lower AP, they was there doing it many times when they had lower AP. Its just about saving time, and everyone have right to choose with whom he/she will play in order to save his/her time. Too every high AP player knows how other stats influence DPS, its just that making AP limit parties is most easy way to filter out ppl, it would be ridiculous to state AP, crit, crit dmg etc in every party advertise (and then would come someone with debuff dmg who can do some more dmg than someone with higher crit :)). Ones with lower stats can just make party with people with similar stats and take more time to finish dungeon, and stop crying around about "AP elitists".

4 hours ago, Hanadeus said:

They should add LFP option with Recommended AP Search, also when recruiting AP 500+ Recruitment only like that will be nice

actually, they should add your sugestion with NO lobbies.

13 minutes ago, Bl4de said:

Guys, you are missing the point. Every high AP player knows all that dungeons can be done with much lower AP, they was there doing it many times when they had lower AP. Its just about saving time, and everyone have right to choose with whom he/she will play in order to save his/her time. Too every high AP player knows how other stats influence DPS, its just that making AP limit parties is most easy way to filter out ppl, it would be ridiculous to state AP, crit, crit dmg etc in every party advertise (and then would come someone with debuff dmg who can do some more dmg than someone with higher crit :)). Ones with lower stats can just make party with people with similar stats and take more time to finish dungeon, and stop crying around about "AP elitists".

if i am a 680ap player i should not criticize the system?

because i am

because i have an alt SF 547ap which look at silly requirments of dungeons i could run blindfolded. and i cannot share my 180asura4 runs or 200+ yeti lair necro. 

if game is going into the "mechanical not dps" dungeons era, well, let me join those scrubs with 700ap who cannot even take aggro.

They should remove completely the feature that permits the players to see the gear

Yup, nice thought

Who cares about time? It should be about succeeding, not "I wanna get this done ASAP, cos I don't got enough gold or achievements already"

I prefer the 'recommended gear' thing they do when opening the character window by pressing P. It could be argued that there are some inaccuracies in certain instances, but it's a decent enough general guide to if you actually need to switch/upgrade your gear.

And even that is incomplete considering they don't really account for soul shields, which can also make all the difference.

It's not something terribly bad, but you gotta remember this values are suppoused to be the lowest recommended you can do something, not the faceroll recomended. The values you placed there are faceroll ones...

23 minutes ago, Aethyr said:

Profile system should be disabled isntead of having this "AP requirement in description".

Yes, good games don't even allow you to inspect other players, nor have even played with the idea of having some sort of dps meter.

15 minutes ago, Shukran said:

would not be that bad to put a "achiev 10 run minimum"blocking lobbies to the non requirments

And then what when a new dungeon comes and no one has done it? No one ever will be able to do it since no one literally has that achievement? To me having 10+ achievement is only elitism. People who have farmed 6-man and finally are able to go 4-man due to getting enough AP doesn't mean they are shit compared to those who have tons of 4-mans done. I have seen pretty bad people with 100+ runs in many dungeons so just high amount of runs doesn't prove anything.

15 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

And then what when a new dungeon comes and no one has done it? No one ever will be able to do it since no one literally has that achievement? To me having 10+ achievement is only elitism. People who have farmed 6-man and finally are able to go 4-man due to getting enough AP doesn't mean they are shit compared to those who have tons of 4-mans done. I have seen pretty bad people with 100+ runs in many dungeons so just high amount of runs doesn't prove anything.

well...if i create my lobby with 10 runs minimum and none can join, maybe i should lower my requirments?

also, i have seen more 650ap+ retarded ones than 100runs+ retarded ones.

4 hours ago, AttacKat said:

No, because your AP is 110% tied to your ping to server as shown in this video.

What the devs needs is add regional servers and work on getting everyone's ping to sub 100ms, sub 50ms will be even better.

So?

Just like people said that Blackram Supply Chain can be cleared with 350AP, I used to clear it with a 300-350AP group too. Latter in this game, it's all about mechanic and your skills. Have low-ping is nice, but not every players in NA/EU has low ping, even people who lives just next to the server location may experience bad nodes that increases their pings, thanks to NCWest`s bad server infrastructure.

With ping of 220-230, sure, I attack slower and don't response as quick as people with low ping. However, it doesn't stop me from finishing all current dungeons with ease, as long as I do the mechanic correctly, and has a brain to obverse the boss' attack pattern to react before hand.

Unless NCSoft designs future dungeons to be super dependent on ping with attack speed that is on par with Terror attack in SSP, then as long as you don't have the ping of like 400+, you will clear them just fine.

For server, I would love to change to a SEA one, if they ever open one. But when it comes, then it comes. No point to wish for something that NCSoft seems not having any interest in.

For now, many people keep telling each other that "You need 600AP to clear Asura 4", while it's completely doable at 550AP. This discourages new players to explore the dungeon mechanics, and feel that they must have 600+ to carry them to succeed.

The purpose of the AP recommendation is to clear the misjudgement on the difficulty of a dungeon. Since it's official recommendation, AP enthusiasts cannot inflate the AP requirement.

Archived