Request: No race specific classes

Aethyr

Im sure its possible because all assets shares the same animations (models) and other stuff. So why not just unlock classes that is currently locked on a specific race?

For example, a destroyer is currently locked on to Gon, but I am sure that other Races supports its animations (attack, skills, movements etc).

It would be fun to see variety of Races with different classes.

Here's what I found:

I personally like the race only classes, it contributes to the overall world building for me. Sort of how we met those shadow walker people in the desert, its like a glimpse at Jin history for me.

In most cases I don't like race specific classes. But with this game I do because the overall world they have created for the races is interesting. Although they have not given any solid lore about each races class specific battle style.

That lyn with an ax is funny though. xD Going to chop you down by the ankles. lol

1 hour ago, arieschai said:

+1. I've been wanting to use my kun preset but I only like WL class. Would buy a race change in a second of all classes were unlocked.

Same, I would buy a race change immediately if my class wasn't locked to my race. 

Lyns already have their own hell-spawn spinning class to play as, they don't need two of them

In all honesty it would be good for a laugh to see races as classes that don't naturally fit them, but I guess that can be worked around with visual modding

Remember, we're also supposed to get at least one more class in the future. Wonder if someone plans on spoiling what races Gunner is playable as.

On Monday, August 01, 2016 at 8:35 PM, Arcsine said:

Lyns already have their own hell-spawn spinning class to play as, they don't need two of them

In all honesty it would be good for a laugh to see races as classes that don't naturally fit them, but I guess that can be worked around with visual modding

Remember, we're also supposed to get at least one more class in the future. Wonder if someone plans on spoiling what races Gunner is playable as.

I don't see any reason why a Jin or a Yun could not be blade dancers. I don't think any class fits "naturally" a particular race. However, you might love a particular class and yet feel uncomfortable with your character having ears and tail or a large physique, for example. I'd love the current locked classes to be accesible to ALL races. 

20 minutes ago, Aethyr said:

Why do you assume this needs fixing? Sure its not broken, but still this should be available to everyone.

It really doesn't. Every race (besides Yun) has their own unique class, and also have 3-4 extra classes. Gon's strength is literally the reason they are able to be destroyers. and Blade dancers were created specifically for the lyn, by the lyn because of their stature and general lack of strength. 

I like the flavor this kind of uniqueness brings to the game, and people can never just be satisfied with what they have. The amount of classes per race is fine. And the race locked classes should stay as is. It isn't like TERA which has gone completely out of control with race/gender locked classes.

44 minutes ago, Copperfield said:

It really doesn't. Every race (besides Yun) has their own unique class, and also have 3-4 extra classes. Gon's strength is literally the reason they are able to be destroyers. and Blade dancers were created specifically for the lyn, by the lyn because of their stature and general lack of strength. 

I sort of understand Gon = Destroyer, and Lyn having two special classes because the species is not everyone's cup of tea, but why a Jin can't be a Force Master  is beyond me. Jin, not Lyn should have access to the most classes, imo. 

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I sort of understand Gon = Destroyer, and Lyn having two special classes because the species is not everyone's cup of tea, but why a Jin can't be a Force Master or Soul Fighter is beyond me. Jin, not Lyn should have access to the most classes, imo. 

why exactly should jin have access to the most classes? is it because they are the basic human archetype, which is the general jack of all trades master of none? I think Soulfighter was a good step in this regard. They don't need more classes simply because they are jin.

25 minutes ago, Copperfield said:

why exactly should jin have access to the most classes? is it because they are the basic human archetype, which is the general jack of all trades master of none? I think Soulfighter was a good step in this regard. They don't need more classes simply because they are jin.

IIRC Soulfighter can be a Jin. I think Was actually mistaken when I was posting. 

It is just because it is hard not to have an access to a class, because the race is not your cup of tea. There are only 4 races after all, and one doesn't even have a male variant. TBH they are all pretty boring graphically, with little variety but the size and glued-on ears and a tail. Ther eare no variants in facial structure, fur, skin colors, hair alternatives, etc. 

As well, some races look very awkward in a certain class category. The Gon for example seem to anticipate carrying the huge axe, in his running bend over posture and the chimpanzee hanging arms and huge hands. But when you give him a ribbon, his running and his hands just don't work as a Force Master :( I think a Jin will be much better with the calss weapon and animations.

I like how it is in SWTOR. Once you leveled a race to Level 50, the racial restrictions for this race are lifted and you can make any class with it.

now this is a surprise and some what funny image a lyn with destroyer attacks gawd i can barely contain myself 

1 hour ago, Copperfield said:

I like the flavor this kind of uniqueness brings to the game, and people can never just be satisfied with what they have. The amount of classes per race is fine. And the race locked classes should stay as is. It isn't like TERA which has gone completely out of control with race/gender locked classes.

well odds are they only reason the yun probly doesnt have a race locked class is probly cuase the game favors females alot over males is one too if it had to be a class for the yun its would most likely be the iron fan class thats has a decent hype i dont see the yun for a the type for spear or gunner TBH

I think Yun race can use a race-locked class, since they are only one that has none. Race-locked class would make Yun players become more popular, I believe, cuz both players NCWest have admitted that Yun is the least-played and encountered race. It would help them to save costs to develop animation too, since they only need to focus on one race instead of multi-races. A Yun-class should use something that emphasize the elegance, like fans or charkams. Or another variant of an existing class, such as Summoner but with its own touch, like being melee combatant with a phoenix pet.

I still prefer all-race classes, though. Gunner/Archer would make it easier to implement this, cuz even a small Lyn can press a gun trigger or shoot a bow.

I heard that they're going to announce a new class this year. Please be excited :P

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I heard that they're going to announce a new class this year. Please be excited :P

Where did you hear this info at? Please share so we can get on the hype train too. O.O

15 minutes ago, .x. said:

Where did you hear this info at? Please share so we can get on the hype train too. O.O

Somewhere on the Internet. It was an interview when they introduced Soul Fighter, and said that they will add a class that "not yet existed in the game" (or whatever it means) this year.

They introduce Soul Fighter around December last year. So let wait if there is anything new this December :P

49 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Somewhere on the Internet. It was an interview when they introduced Soul Fighter, and said that they will add a class that "not yet existed in the game" (or whatever it means) this year.

They introduce Soul Fighter around December last year. So let wait if there is anything new this December :P

Oh ok.

Maybe its bcus the races dont contribute to any native skill or what have you. Like in tera, that complemented the all class system. Here the lack of that means you have to hav something "special" that sets the races apart (beyond lore i guess) so they hav classes "based" on their lore. 

Ex. Jin are descendant of turtle (ancient mythological animal in chinese tradition) :bm, a class that focuses on developed "wisdom" of techniqueas opposed to brute force. 

Gon: dragon descendants, destroyers are powerful but their only weakness is ironically the excess of power and lack of self protecting skill native to its repetoir for reliable/consistent use. I think of the pride and hubris of dragons which lends itself to overlooking the value of self defense (this contrasts to the bm which as a weapon does not deal as much dmg but hones its power through technique and self protection)

Yun, phoenix descendants, ethereal otherworldly female beings. Thei native class (was kinda :p) the forcemaster as it focused on elemental chi. These other wordly women could bend elements to their will as granted by their connection to "the heavens/other worldly plane.  

Lyn, qilin descendants, summoner is uniquely able to call upon the aid of nature's bounty and creatures to traverse through combat.  Qilin is characterized as a heavenly deer or giraffe with a spirit bound to nature (i think of the forest god from princess mononoke) 

I got no lore that ties to any of the other classes. Except warlock. There is an interesting chinese comic that portrays how the class came to be but has major spoilers. 

Archived