Request: No race specific classes

Aethyr

10 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I think Yun race can use a race-locked class, since they are only one that has none. Race-locked class would make Yun players become more popular, I believe, cuz both players NCWest have admitted that Yun is the least-played and encountered race. It would help them to save costs to develop animation too, since they only need to focus on one race instead of multi-races. A Yun-class should use something that emphasize the elegance, like fans or charkams. Or another variant of an existing class, such as Summoner but with its own touch, like being melee combatant with a phoenix pet.

Unfortunately, if a class is locked to Yun, it is not only race-locked, it is gender-locked. If they made male Yuns possible, then fine, lock a class for Yuns. There are plenty of players happy to play and romance male elves in the DnD-like games, so Yuns not having males is silly to start with.

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Unfortunately, if a class is locked to Yun, it is not only race-locked, it is gender-locked. If they made male Yuns possible, then fine, lock a class for Yuns. There are plenty of players happy to play and romance male elves in the DnD-like games, so Yuns not having males is silly to start with.

I think of the opposite. Yun doesn't have male gender in the first place, so a Yun-exclusive class is just simply... Yun-exclusive without gender discrimination. How can you discriminate something that doesn't even exist? :P

In any case, if you want more Yun players, made a class for it and exclude the Jin and Lyn, two most popular races.

Current race/class combination

-Jin: WL, BM, Sin, KFM, SF - 5 class - one exclusive class

-Gon: Des, KFM, FM, Des, SF - 4 class - one exclusive class

-Yun: BM, KFM, FM, SF - 4 class - no exclusive class

-Lyn: BD, Sum, FM, WL - 4 class - two exclusive classes, or one exclusive class and one variant of BM, up to you define it

The number of available classes and race-exclusive classes attract more players into playing a race, thus it's

-Jin: Have the most available classes - Sin as exclusive class is cool to rogue and ninja lovers

-Lyn: Have the most exclusive classes - Cute as hell and quirky as cricket are the race's emphasizing points. More power to cat lovers and animal-based character lovers

-Gon: Sexy girl and towering giant - Des is the embodiment of earthbreaking power.

-Yun: Elegance is its strong point - But its standing pose is weird - No exclusive class makes people have more choices of races, hence less chance for a Yun to be played

22 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The number of available classes and race-exclusive classes attract more players into playing a race, thus it's

Or prevents the folks from playing the class. I've put my summoner on hold because I do not like playing a Lyn. I play a Warlock not an FM by the only reason that FM could not be a Jin. I've actually created an FM three times by now and deleted it every time because it just did not work. I have a Yun because I wanted a character of each species, but chances are I am not going to play the character, because I do not like females in this game. If I did not install a 25AP diamond in her weapon, by now I'd have deleted her.

It's not a discrimination, it is a lack of options. Again, in SWTOR, the moment you leveled a race to 50, you unlock it for all classes, even when it makes zero sense lore wise, and SWTOR is far, far heavier on lore and RP than the BnS. If you could play a pure-blood Sith Jedi Knight there, there is really no reason why you can't be a Jin FM.

I'd love an option for a Yun males. There can be always genetic deviations. :) If SWTOR could manage lekkus and montrals, I am sure the kick-ass art-team of the BnS can add pointed ears to the existing heads.

17 minutes ago, Aethyr said:

But honestly, I believe you'll play an Assassin Lyn or even a KFM Lyn. That would be too cute to play with. xD

I don't like playing a pixie. Lyn males are not my cup of tea. I like them tall, dark, handsome and Oriental-looking. Part of the staying power of this game is that you can create yourself gamegasming character and have the whole wet-dream fest while playing and dressing 'em up. I like my legacy screen in BnS look like a sausage fest. Same reason many other players max out boobs on their gon girls.

I'd self-insert as a female character, but the game doesn't really let me create a char like Melinda Mei from Shield or Starbucks, nor dress them up in camo or gi. They all come out vapid and pretty from the creator and wear cheapo boudoir stuff. You can't even age a female face the way you can a male one.

On 8/2/2016 at 4:02 AM, Avalyn said:

Juwol is a gon BM

Come on

This is the second time now in two days I've seen someone say a character is a race they're not. The person had said Mushin was a Gon while he is a Jin.

Juwol is a Yun. She's an anomaly in that she has the Gon idle animation as her default and she's rather well endowed for a Yun, but a Yun she is, not a Gon.

http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Juwol

On 8/3/2016 at 2:51 PM, ErosNova said:

This is the second time now in two days I've seen someone say a character is a race they're not. The person had said Mushin was a Gon while he is a Jin.

Juwol is a Yun. She's an anomaly in that she has the Gon idle animation as her default and she's rather well endowed for a Yun, but a Yun she is, not a Gon.

http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Juwol

You're going to trust everything that is written in some wiki written by people who have a half-baked knowledge of the game?  Her facial structure is a gon, her idle animation is gon, her hairstyle is exclusive to gon. Anyone who actually spends some time with character creation can tell what race someone is by the face.

That's how it should be imo:

Lyn: summoner,  blade dancer,  warlock

Gon: destroyer,  kfm,  blade master (strong tank humans alook like) 

Yun: force master, warlock, soulfighter (ranged magical classes) 

Jin: assassin, kfm, blade master (most human likely) 

This would make the race story more truthfull but when u see warlocks as jin this world makes no sense.  They shouldn't put ranged classes as same as melee races, it's completely nonsense!!!  

5 hours ago, xCandyBear said:

This would make the race story more truthfull but when u see warlocks as jin this world makes no sense.  They shouldn't put ranged classes as same as melee races, it's completely nonsense!!!  

So, the only way to play a caster is to play a female? Girls with arrows, boys with swords? Same as in a gazzillion bad fantasy movies etc that have no idea how much upper body strength and power it requires to pull a bow? On the strength of the theory you gotta have menses to figure the magic out? Warlock btw is a word for a male, female would be a witch. Plenty of male wizards in folklore, and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to play one.

5 hours ago, xCandyBear said:

What would you consider a "melee race"? Are you basing this on lore or physical appearance?

Honestly, this idea just sounds bad. It's even more restricting than what we currently have. Why should gon and jin be restricted to melee? I shouldn't be forced to play yun or lyn just to play a caster, and I also shouldn't be forced to play a gon or a jin just to play a melee class.

On 8/1/2016 at 10:36 AM, .x. said:

Yun are the only class missing their own class, I don't really know why though. :/ Is it because there is no male counterpart I wonder?

They had it! It was the Force Master! After Patch 2.0 the class was available for gons and lyns. That was like 2 years ago.

4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

So, the only way to play a caster is to play a female? Girls with arrows, boys with swords? Same as in a gazzillion bad fantasy movies etc that have no idea how much upper body strength and power it requires to pull a bow? On the strength of the theory you gotta have menses to figure the magic out? Warlock btw is a word for a male, female would be a witch. Plenty of male wizards in folklore, and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to play one.

I've seen warlock and witch used to describe male magic users as well.  Usually the setting dictates if it's gender biased or not.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

Maybe, I am an ESL after all. I still would absolutely hate it if all caster classes were locked to females. 

I don't want to see caster classes locked to females or melee classes locked to males either.

I get it.  In RL, a 210lb man with longer reach, is more likely than not, going to kick the butt of the 100lb girl who has more skill.  This being fantasy, I don't care to see that put into game. :p

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

I've seen warlock and witch used to describe male magic users as well.  Usually the setting dictates if it's gender biased or not.

Maybe, I am an ESL after all. I still would absolutely hate it if all caster classes were locked to females. 

Good so I can make a super tiny assassin and people will not see my defensive animations and hit trough my block every time.

Gw2 has no race lock and they have a lyn race as well, and many animations you could NEVER see from some classes using the tiniest model.

Archived