6m and 4m drops.

Rog

Ok so whats up with these shitty drops from 4man dungeons?

The way I feel is that 4man is more difficult than 6man, you actually need brains to complete dungeon. So why then drops can be a real pile of shit?

For example just now I was running 4Necro and it dropped 2 stingers, like WTF is that shit? 4man takes more time, and more effort yet drops are so unrewarding... I also did 4Lair and 4Nexus and biggest drop was 3 stingers. Sure time to time you get good loot, but that is not rewarding at all... 

Isn't 4mans supposed to have better drops? Cuz sometimes 6man gives more and that just plain stupid.

Why can't it be that from 4man min drop is 5 stingers? You need em in hundreds anyway and farming when it drops 1-2 per runs is real pain in the ass.

Is it like that everywhere or ncsoft did some brilliant nerf?

4 minutes ago, Crayonberry said:

I just stick to 6 mans because I found that 4 mans isn't worth the small amount of extra effort for the barely increased chance at a few extra stingers.

But 6man drops any stingers at all?

In the past was common see Yetis run dropping only one part of SS and thats it.

IMO, with the new addition of higher endgame dungeons, now would be more than appropriate to merge 6/4 man loot for Avalanche Den/Awakened Necropolis/Lair of the Frozen Fang.

Given the shrinking playerbase and the fact that players are concentrated on other dungeons now, necessary drops from those dungeons (recipes/hongmoon skills) need to be made more available.

It seems when new content comes out NC nerfs the old drops to encourage running the new stuff, and to discourage the already geared from speedrunning/farming the 4mans.  They won't admit to it, but we know they do.  4mans when they do pay out still pay out much better than a 6 ever will and there are fewer ppl to split it with so its still worth doing them once you know how and are geared properly.  

It would be nice if NCWest did more quality of life things like increasing gold rewards on dailies and removing the chance of ever finishing a 6man and having the loot be 1 weapon no one in the party needs instead of something useful like moonstones and stingers.  The main problem there is that i don't think the producers or anyone else at NC actually plays the content (unless running godmode 'natch) so they don't have any understanding of how bad they are making things.

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Randomonium said:

It seems when new content comes out NC nerfs the old drops to encourage running the new stuff, and to discourage the already geared from speedrunning/farming the 4mans.  They won't admit to it, but we know they do.  4mans when they do pay out still pay out much better than a 6 ever will and there are fewer ppl to split it with so its still worth doing them once you know how and are geared properly.  

It would be nice if NCWest did more quality of life things like increasing gold rewards on dailies and removing the chance of ever finishing a 6man and having the loot be 1 weapon no one in the party needs instead of something useful like moonstones and stingers.  The main problem there is that i don't think the producers or anyone else at NC actually plays the content (unless running godmode 'natch) so they don't have any understanding of how bad they are making things.

This would be logic, if the Nexus ddrop more stingers than any old dungeon run.

17 minutes ago, Ketsura said:

This would be logic, if the Nexus ddrop more stingers than any old dungeon run.

And daily rewards were more than 60something silvers. Hell, Awakened Necropolis is a lot better than that and it's not as mechanically punishing as Nexus is. That's how you know NCsoft dun goofed with imbalanced rewards for effort required.

I rather stick to Yeti 4-man because it is certain 2 stingers a run. Compared to the length of the dungeon and effort the other dungeons in 6-man version give poor amount of stingers. I usually see stingers drop 1/5 runs so doesn't really matter if it's 4-man or 6-man. Plus 4-man has chance of dropping up to 23 stingers a run.

its just another one of the games archaic ways to aritifically extend playtime. They lock outfits and a slightly higher chance to get sticaks of stingers in 4 mans, while having the soul shields in  6 man lol. so you spend tons & tons of time getting your perfect ss combo just to have to start the grind all over for the cosmetics(if you want them) and for whatever reason the drop rate of mats in 4 man doesnt seem that much better than 6 man. really silly how they dont incentivize or reward players for doing harder content out side a 1 in a million chance at a good drop that you will just have to fight over in bid wars anyway.

I'm not sure if bns NA/EU has released the awakened necropolis and sogun's lament dungeon or not but in the japanese servers, the 4 man dungeons drop rare items such as hongmoon skills books, hongmoon skill edible items and even crafting materials that can cost about 30 gold each. 4 man dungeons also drop more stingers once in awhile. :> 

6 man dungeons are where you learn the mechanics, where you get your soulshields and some additional drops.

4 man dungeons are mainly there for rare drops such as costumes / skill books / upgrade mats and are generally harder to complete.

Thats the reason for the split and its a good split, you just need to be lucky with the drop procs. Yesterday got a 10 stinger proc from lament and additional 12 stinger drops.

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

you just need to be lucky with the drop procs. 

What else pro tips you have?

Go play poker tournament and get royal flush for easy win?

The fact is that 4man drops are not rewarding as they should be.

6 minutes ago, Rog said:

What else pro tips you have?

Go play poker tournament and get royal flush for easy win?

The fact is that 4man drops are not rewarding as they should be.

The point is to be lucky to get those drops else everyone would be running around with all costumes and skills and there would be nothing special about them. if you dont like it dont do 4 mans simple right?

They really do need to... "normalize" loot between 4m and 6m.

On average I see 1-3 stingers in 6mans, it's actually rare that I see none from a 6man, I often see additional stacks too.

In 4mans 1 stinger is basically the norm, sometimes I'll see 1-3, I see additional stacks at about the same rate, if not less than 6 mans.

I feel like they need to at least set a "base" on the stinger drops in 4mans, for instance 4mans drop 5-10 stingers with a decent chance at additional stacks.

Currently with RNG at work, there's no reason to really farm 4mans for stingers specifically, only for the 4man specific loot, you might get more stingers from 4mans, but it's honestly more work for about the same reward.

EDIT: I still do 4mans for most of my dailies, but if I need stingers I've mostly stopped farming dungeons for them in general, in the time it takes me to get 10 stingers from dungeons, I could farm enough gold to buy 50+ from the market.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, Ketsura said:

But 6man drops any stingers at all?

In the past was common see Yetis run dropping only one part of SS and thats it.

ive seen 2 stingers drop from a 4 man and 15 drop in a 6, its all RNG

4 hours ago, leMoh said:

I'm not sure if bns NA/EU has released the awakened necropolis and sogun's lament dungeon or not but in the japanese servers, the 4 man dungeons drop rare items such as hongmoon skills books, hongmoon skill edible items and even crafting materials that can cost about 30 gold each. 4 man dungeons also drop more stingers once in awhile. :> 

This is rare drops, look at the >>>name<<<, i go 4man for stingers, if rare items, it's profit, but it's unsual they drop. Like for example: Recipes from Lair. I saw only once the Merry Potters dropping, so after this the 4man lose the point?

Archived