Do these bots incredibly annoy you guys ?

Ruziro

34 minutes ago, Ruziro said:

Don't think I can stand it anymore, will have to look for another good mmo but nothing good :/

there will be bots and hackers on every single mmo you play, good luck with that lol. idk why you people let something so stupid ruin your game experience..just ignore them for god sake

I don't even mind them anymore. I know where they at and I can avoid them easily. They do not interfere with my SSP, cause I know the bodies and meteor aren't worth much, friend request ... well I don't mind a few numbers at the very bottom right on my screen. As for gold spam it's usually the same bot, so you block it and you won't have to deal with it again for a couple of hours. Or at least on my server you don't. So it's all nice and quiet. In fact ... it worries me how quiet it is. My faction chat is almost dead.

I'm almost on the same line with Mucski that bots have never really bothered me, but I do admit that I slightly disagree where it's sometimes frustrating that I can't get those extra 5-10 SSs through soldiers and meteorites when most of the times bots will be picking them up before you can react unless you're standing in wait, which leaves you badly vulnerable for any trolling from the opposing faction in soldier cases. Otherwise it's like part of the daily routine now that I will block 2-4 bots every now and then, sometimes less but still, they are here to stay until NCSoft gets smart and stops using incredibly *cricket*y Gameguard.

Yes. There are bots in every mmo you can play. The bot situation in this game is absolutely outrageous though. I have played almost every mmo since the early 90's. This mmo hands down is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to handling the bot situation. Don't even get me started on the lag/optimization issues this game has. I love the game. I despise the current state it is in.

1 hour ago, plasticmemories said:

there will be bots and hackers on every single mmo you play, good luck with that lol. idk why you people let something so stupid ruin your game experience..just ignore them for god sake

You people are so ignorant. There is a difference between bots/hackers in a game that get dealt with the moment they're reported vs a game like B&S that does absolutely nothing. WoW, FFXIV, BDO, GW, TERA etc. DO NOT have lineups of bots in every single zone, and dungeon entrance that interfere with your gaming experience. There is no spam 24/7 in world chat, zones, whispers, or mailbox spam. 

It's amazing how so many people are so clueless, they have never played a P2P mmo, or a well maintained F2P mmo and come here acting like what is happening in B&S is normal; you all should really get out of that bubble you're living in, because there are no other mmo's this bad. ToS and BDO just came out, and it's not nearly as bad as B&S and they have been controlling the issue, while B&S only care about how many new items they can put in the cash shop. Don't worry though, they will run out of content soon enough, then you will see the only updates will be the costumes every week they will be adding to the store. You will get NOTHING more from this game besides bots, hackers and cash store items. 

My days of checking the forums for some good news about B&S are about to come to an end, and I think enough time has passed to call this game dead. They won't fix anything, and they won't change the path it's currently on. I've already stopped logging in to the game, it was so painful logging in just to roll the daily dash. The Faction chat was completely dead, the only thing you see is bots talking to bots, and gold spam. I'm logged right in front of SSP where there are not only the same hackers, but MORE now doing quests there. This game is an utter joke, and anyone who defends it is as ignorant as the developers. 

Bots and spammers are annoying. I dislike the chat spam, the /whispers, the friend requests and I hate, that they gather the mats that I need for crafting.

I really played a few MMORPG games and I am not going to say other games got no problems at all, but in my opinion BnS is one of the worst when it comes to the impact bots and spammers have on the playing experience. I could live with the gold spam, but the impact on the economy is so huge, it's just awful.

3 hours ago, Ruziro said:

Don't think I can stand it anymore, will have to look for another good mmo but nothing good :/

Yeah, so bad that I lost faith in any of NCS games and don't even bother checking their new titles out anymore. No interest in playing BnS either until they remove the bots/hackers/spammers.

Other games can do it, so do even try to explain how BOTS should be the acceptable norm in MMOs.

1 hour ago, Zetsuei said:

You people are so ignorant. There is a difference between bots/hackers in a game that get dealt with the moment they're reported vs a game like B&S that does absolutely nothing. WoW, FFXIV, BDO, GW, TERA etc. DO NOT have lineups of bots in every single zone, and dungeon entrance that interfere with your gaming experience. There is no spam 24/7 in world chat, zones, whispers, or mailbox spam. 

It's amazing how so many people are so clueless, they have never played a P2P mmo, or a well maintained F2P mmo and come here acting like what is happening in B&S is normal; you all should really get out of that bubble you're living in, because there are no other mmo's this bad. ToS and BDO just came out, and it's not nearly as bad as B&S and they have been controlling the issue, while B&S only care about how many new items they can put in the cash shop. Don't worry though, they will run out of content soon enough, then you will see the only updates will be the costumes every week they will be adding to the store. You will get NOTHING more from this game besides bots, hackers and cash store items. 

My days of checking the forums for some good news about B&S are about to come to an end, and I think enough time has passed to call this game dead. They won't fix anything, and they won't change the path it's currently on. I've already stopped logging in to the game, it was so painful logging in just to roll the daily dash. The Faction chat was completely dead, the only thing you see is bots talking to bots, and gold spam. I'm logged right in front of SSP where there are not only the same hackers, but MORE now doing quests there. This game is an utter joke, and anyone who defends it is as ignorant as the developers. 

theres no difference between bots and hackers. we already know what hacking is. and a bot program is a hack as well. and people defend the game because they enjoy it. dont call people ignorant because they defend something they enjoy. 

He is saying people are ignorant because they ARE ignorant. You can enjoy the game to the ends of the Earth. This does not change the fact that this game is in an absolutely horrid state and is practically unplayable. Go play ANY other mmo. You will not experience bots/hacks to this extent. You will also not have the constant lag due to inferior servers.

I don't give a flying f*** about bots. They don't bother me the slightest bit. Ya I don't like the friend spam, or the random whispers, but as long as they do nothing  to ruin my gaming experience, I don't mind.

Honestly WHY THE F*** ARE YOU ALL SO BOTHERED BY THEM?! Just freaking block them or something. I do it all the time. 

We we should be more concerned about real issues like lag, class balance, making Whirlwind Valley equalize gear, that kind of stuff. Not this nonsense. Just keep reporting them and that's it.

I am spammed 24/7 with friendship requests. This is not acceptable. Bots continually disrupt faction chat. This is not acceptable. The reason NCSoft does nothing is because people are complacent. Its all good NCSoft. You keep taking the money and put nothing back in. Apparently nobody cares.

OH I forgot. Food for thought. We are spammed with friend requests for months. Why are we not simply provided the option to turn off friend requests? I mean obviously NCSoft is diligently working on resolving the issue. Why can't we just turn the god forsaken things off in the meantime? I guess there must be a reason they want us to see these requests. I can't imagine why.

46 minutes ago, Reap00 said:

He is saying people are ignorant because they ARE ignorant. You can enjoy the game to the ends of the Earth. This does not change the fact that this game is in an absolutely horrid state and is practically unplayable. Go play ANY other mmo. You will not experience bots/hacks to this extent. You will also not have the constant lag due to inferior servers.

i dont really blaim the game for lag. i have been playing since launch. never had one lag spike due to servers or internet

Some people do not experience the lag. That must be fantastic. I personally lag every day. I lag the entire time I play the game. I can play ANY other online game with no issue whatsoever. If I was the only person that experienced the issue I would have kept it to myself.

1 hour ago, ARC-1276 said:

Honestly WHY THE F*** ARE YOU ALL SO BOTHERED BY THEM?! Just freaking block them or something. I do it all the time. 

Because the amount of bots in this game is not normal.  As mentioned by others, there are tons of other MMOs out there both f2p and p2p that have a MUCH better handle of bots than BnS.  Every time I see this thread subject I always point out how well the bot situation was handled by Blizzard in WoW.  Go on there and count how many bots you see.  I can pretty much guarantee you can count them all on one hand and have fingers left over.  You'll block more bots in the first few minutes of logging into BnS then all the bots you'll encounter on WoW in a month.  I've never even seen that many bots in f2p games either like Tera - I honestly don't recall seeing any spam or bot armies ever in Tera when I played it.

The bottom line is that ignoring the problem by blocking them all the time, doesn't solve the issue.

1 hour ago, Reap00 said:

I am spammed 24/7 with friendship requests. This is not acceptable. Bots continually disrupt faction chat. This is not acceptable. The reason NCSoft does nothing is because people are complacent. Its all good NCSoft. You keep taking the money and put nothing back in. Apparently nobody cares.

No comment. Only this: true.

Bots population will soon pass the normal player base .I'm tired of this ,they ruin my game fun ,arena ,gathering bodies/meteors in SSP,spamming my chat ,adding me to friends - i recived even gold seller friend request in my Twitter -like wth is going on ?

i un sub - no more money from me for a such bad service .Bots i reported singe months are still there ,as everyone knows .

I'm waiting for the end of story with Jinsoyun -then i am out of this .Prolly like many others will.

/rant

Bots don't annoy me.

Can't imagine how its gonna affect my gameplay. Spam chat? You block them, simple.

Bots help newcomers to kill old areas' bosses, I think that's fantastic since the legit players like us, 99% of the time won't assist those newcomers anyway.

Back then, bots impact the Soulstones market significantly, 10 silvers per Soulstone. anyone?

Faction imbalance caused a part of the player base not being able to access Soulstones like the major faction could. Since the developer themselves don't care about the gameplay itself, might as well let bots overtook the market and gives some fairness to the players in the underwhelmed faction.

Besides, Hacker is what they should look into first. That one isn't any annoyance that can be blocked at our own will, hackers literally ruined everyone's experience. Get da priority right.

You think it is fantastic there are bots helping the new players. You are actually being serious. I have posted about bots and optimization for months. Let us go over the changes made during those months to alleviate the issues. Er..um..yea. Nothing has been done. I have come to the realization that nothing will ever be done. This is the product we are stuck with. Enjoy the bots. Enjoy the terrible optimization. Enjoy the hamster driven servers. I have learned my lesson though. I will never play another NCSoft game.

Lmao the truth must really bother the CM's on this site, you remove my post without even noting you removed it? or modified it? that's hilarious. Well guess what, I backup everything I do, because of shady companies such as this. I didn't go against any rules yet you delete a post addressing the obvious issues with the game? and the followers that make the game worst by acting like nothings wrong with it? 

Well here it is again...

Essay? Did you even go to school? 3 Paragraphs is now an essay? Holy shit, I now know why B&S lives, it's because of dense people such as yourself. I clearly stated "I've stopped logging into the game." Which indeed does confirm I have played the game, in fact! I have 3 level 45's and quit after I understood nothing was going to change after the release of level 50.

You also claim I'm "salty" (Typical 12 year old response) so clearly stating the ignorance of people is now being salty? I couldn't care less about how some child interprets my words, still the fact remains the game is utter garbage currently, and the Developer team has no intentions of changing it. I only simply state the obvious, I can't help the people that are completely blind to the issues with this MMO. 

Furthermore, it's been stated multiple times that the defenders of B&S "enjoy" the game, yet I still don't understand why you would be searching the forums? What possible information could you be looking for in the "General" section of a forum that literally only has complaints. I play FFXIV and I NEVER visit the forums, I have nothing to complain about, I have no reason to have my voice heard, I simply play the game I enjoy, then logout. A forum is a place to voice your opinion, it's not a chat box to converse with people, it's to try and get information across to either the Dev team through the CM's that monitor the forums, or to give information about your findings in the game. So again I ask, why are you even responding? If people want to complain about the shitty state the game is in, why can't they do it without some ignorant person jumping in? Does the facts really bother you that much? hmmm... well enough wasted time here, take care.

P.S. I know someone will say I typed too much again, so here is the TL; DR Go to school and start reading. 

Oh also the original of course.

0cMPBCz.png

Answer : Yes, the bots annoyed me greatly.

Yes, bots/gold sellers/hacks do pop up in most MMOs, but no other I've played has been this bad except for Aion (another NCSoft game, go figure). In addition, the people running those games actually do something about it. Guild Wars 2 has a measly amount of gold sellers at best, even despite it being free-to-play now. Tera had virtually none save for a brief time after the Steam/Gunner release in NA, and they vanished eventually as well. Vindictus for the brief time I played it also didn't have it this bad.

And yes, you can block them. But here's the problem : It'll be a few minutes at best until new ones pop up in their place. They were 90% of region chat in low level areas and faction chat. Combine that with the fact that most don't talk at all, and it feels like the bots are the closest thing this game has to a community, which is sad.

But I guess it's amusing to see them throw themselves at field bosses...

"The people of Hogshead and Lilystalk Tradepost have nothing to fear. Lycan's never getting through, no matter what!"

Mak Sobo : "You can't escape, I'll show you how it's don---ow! OW! No, stop that!"

Destro-bot horde : "LOLSmashSmashWedgeWedge GrabGrabSmackSmack"

I don't mind them. in fact they help how this game runs. For players just started a lot of low level areas are empty and simply trying to kill the world boss for the 30th time to get that weapon/accessories for breakthrough sucks. Bots actually help the new players kill these world bosses so they can upgrade their weapons/accessories. Oh and please don't tell me you can ask in your faction/general chat for help. Sure some people might come but will they stay to help you till you actually get what you need? Most likely not. Becasue of the RNG design in this game you could kill the world boss 100th times and still did not get the weapon you need.

For those of us who like to level alts the bots farm the ecessence for those wheels of fourntine and also breakthrough accessories and sell them on the AH thus saving time for us to farm them.

Also, for high levels we need tons of soulstones for upgrades bots farm them and sell them in AH for cheap. I hate open world PVP and I am sure there are tons of people like me.So I just do dailies which gives me gold and I can buy the soulstones off the AH from bots who farm them. Do you think any real players would farm these souldstones all day and sell them in the AH? Hell no. Most people would farm enough for themselves and that's it. Some class are also at a major disadvantage in open world pvp and simply will just not long if they try to do these faction quest and open world pvp.

So no bots don't bug me at all. The only way I support banning bots is when NCSOFT actually changes the way how upgrading weapons/accessories works.

1. All major items that is needed for breakthrough should come from quest or dungeons only. None of that world boss crap. It serves no purpose and only makes new player harder to progress in this game.

2. All upgrades mats and items should only be obtain from PvE content. So again make soulstones as rewards from doing dungeons and dailies. People generally hate open world pvp because it is not balance and never will be and some class are simply easy targets  OR.

3. Make the faction question non pvp flag. Keep the way the faction quest and gathering of souldsonte the way it is but simply disable the flag for pvp off. So people from the other faction can't kill or target you. Make another option on the character that the player can chose to enable pvp. It doesn't matter what outfit you wear as long as you have pvp option disable you are not a target in open world pvp but if you enable it then anyone can attack you. Seems fair.

Archived