Game just became p2w ggwp NCSOFT

Tubby

From 2 months ago not releasing the legendary weapon FOR THE REASON OF "We cannot release the legendary weapon at this time because there is no way for the economy to sustain it without adding a p2w item to the store and we will not do that" to this event... This event has been held on other servers at very rare occasions and it is complete shit, let me explain....  All you pve people who put hours and hours into blackwyrm to get gems mark that as worthless cause the gems from this event are equal to that or better... all you pve people who got 100 yeti runs and upgraded your gear to run dungeons more efficiently, don't worry because the 2.5g stingers will drop below 1g... it is now time for the wallet warriors to walk around with 600+ atk that probably only have 5 runs in any 4 man instance....  NCSOFT has held firm in saying they don't want to make this p2w and yet they have this event which completely turns this game into a p2w model and absolutely destroys the economy... my only thoughts are now that this is the final money grab before this game turns to complete shit and everyone leaves because all the problems they have had like bots,hackers,unstable servers have not been resolved. Now people getting their accounts hacked and credit card information stolen and they blame it on using the same passwords on other sites just wow.. well played NCSOFT make some money while you can because going in this direction is going against everything you have stated in your streams...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing what i mind about these boxes is the fact ppl can sell materials. If they were account bound then i would not mind but personaly ill see what kind of boxes this time and determine what ever its worth of my time anymore. Tho i dont like rng boxes

its not a rng box its a rng roll... basically what happens is you get a screen to pop up and it has a couple slots already opened and you get 1 free opening a day,,,, you then purchase vouchers from the shop to open more slots so every time you use a key instead of only having 2 chances at a good item you now have 10... best part is THERES NO LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT OF KEYS EXCEPT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO SPEND REAL MONEY (10 per day with HM coins).. so they just sit there buying stinger stacks and HM books and soul stones and completely just dumpstering the economy

4 minutes ago, Tubby said:

its not a rng box its a rng roll... basically what happens is you get a screen to pop up and it has a couple slots already opened and you get 1 free opening a day,,,, you then purchase vouchers from the shop to open more slots so every time you use a key instead of only having 2 chances at a good item you now have 10... best part is THERES NO LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT OF KEYS EXCEPT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO SPEND REAL MONEY (10 per day with HM coins).. so they just sit there buying stinger stacks and HM books and soul stones and completely just dumpstering the economy

Rng box or roll they're pretty much same

Great meme ncsoft xD

top tier memer great stuff really dude nice april fools. No one will expect this trickery 10 days after the actual april fools. That's why it's such a good joke xDD wow nice one guys

I wonder what other stuff they can sell in the HM store in order to make a profit or at least to sustain this game.

I mean, BnS is pretty much a budget-game in terms of its RPG PvE contents. So, selling instance reset scrolls, exp scrolls and other PvE progression stuff is meaningless. After all BnS end game is all about PvP and mindless daillies.....an esport game....ofc.

This game, and pretty much any Asian MMOrpgs out there are designed to be P2W....however you may term P2W, P4Convinence or whatever.

Its either P2W or the game closes down.

The only exception is GW/GW2 where the game was originally designed to alleviate gear-elitism and P2W elements....

I wouldn't be surprised if NCwest decide to add all the upgrade mats in the store.....it's only a matter of time.

2 hours ago, Tubby said:

All you pve people who put hours and hours into blackwyrm to get gems mark that as worthless cause the gems from this event are equal to that or better... all you pve people who got 100 yeti runs and upgraded your gear to run dungeons more efficiently, don't worry because the 2.5g stingers will drop below 1g... it is now time for the wallet warriors...

Why are the gems worthless? They aren't going to stop working when this event is released. And you do realise that a lot of f2p players can't afford darts at the current 2.5g so those reducing in price would actually benefit the f2p players? You also realise that f2p players get to play this event too and can buy extra spins using in-game gold right? Are you sure you know what p2w is?

10 hours ago, Reaper00 said:

Why are the gems worthless? They aren't going to stop working when this event is released. And you do realise that a lot of f2p players can't afford darts at the current 2.5g so those reducing in price would actually benefit the f2p players? You also realise that f2p players get to play this event too and can buy extra spins using in-game gold right? Are you sure you know what p2w is?

I will take back my statement in saying the gems are worthless to restate that the countless days and hours spent at blackwyrm through all the fps drops and the pvp snipes and the summoner roots were for very minimal reward... as for the f2p players not being able to afford darts I personally haven't put any money into this game other than a founders pack and my gear progression is coming along fine (around 550 ap) as long as you put in a little effort to grind the pve dungeons or farm soul stones its fairly easy to gear up compared to other regions... as for the extra spins sure you get 10 per day for not investing money but why have a limit at all for HM coin 

Yep it's all going p2w. Putting gems that can be gotten trough hard work is dumb, it's like a big wet slap to the face to people who were killing bw over and over and in the end everyone can get it.  The things like stingers were needed, because they are hell expensive, so guess there is a good side, but the fact  that people can just open up non-stop is where it draws the line that this is p2w.

2 minutes ago, Tubby said:

as for the extra spins sure you get 10 per day for not investing money but why have a limit at all for HM coin 

I wondered about that too. Only thing I could think of was the limit was there to stop gold sellers and bots from abusing it. Guess it would also help keep the gold to ncoin rate stable on the currency exchange too.

Not all f2p players have that sort of time to spend in game each day.  A lot can only spend about 2 to 3 hours in game a day because of school/jobs/family and the average f2p player can probably earn 20 to 30g in that time. Just upgrading your weapon would cost around 800 to 900 gold at the current prices, so those material prices lowering is not a bad thing. Darts were selling for 50s when the patch was initially released and it's actually the "wallet warriors" that have driven the price up so high.

As for the gem thing, yeah agree it does suck, but that's just how mmos work. Nothing is the best of the best or the rarest of the rarest for very long. Hepatagonal gems are around now anyway, so these hex ones probably aren't going to be the best for that much longer either.

The only people going to be adversely affected by this is the people who were profiteering by jacking up the prices of darts and gems to milk the "wallet warriors". Fairly sure it wasn't the f2p players who were buying the gems at 1200g each.

Getting sick of all the free 2 play players coming in here and raging about people who spend money on the game.

Quick tip, without people who spend money, you wouldn't be playing for free. You should be grateful you can even play this game for free.

13 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

I wondered about that too. Only thing I could think of was the limit was there to stop gold sellers and bots from abusing it. Guess it would also help keep the gold to ncoin rate stable on the currency exchange too.

Not all f2p players have that sort of time to spend in game each day.  A lot can only spend about 2 to 3 hours in game a day because of school/jobs/family and the average f2p player can probably earn 20 to 30g in that time. Just upgrading your weapon would cost around 800 to 900 gold at the current prices, so those material prices lowering is not a bad thing. Darts were selling for 50s when the patch was initially released and it's actually the "wallet warriors" that have driven the price up so high.

As for the gem thing, yeah agree it does suck, but that's just how mmos work. Nothing is the best of the best or the rarest of the rarest for very long. Hepatagonal gems are around now anyway, so these hex ones probably aren't going to be the best for that much longer either.

The only people going to be adversely affected by this is the people who were profiteering by jacking up the prices of darts and gems to milk the "wallet warriors". Fairly sure it wasn't the f2p players who were buying the gems at 1200g each.

Why have a limit for HM coins? Because you get them for free from drops in the game.....you paid nothing for them.

1 minute ago, Taemek said:

Getting sick of all the free 2 play players coming in here and raging about people who spend money on the game.

Quick tip, without people who spend money, you wouldn't be playing for free. You should be grateful you can even play this game for free.

Just to point out I'm not raging about people who spend on the game. I'm almost at premium level 10 so have probably spent more than most. Doesn't mean I don't sympathise with those who can't afford to spend on the game though.

Just now, Tubby said:

I would much rather have this be a buy to play or a subscription game to do away with a lot of the problems this game has like bots and hackers. Seeing how it went to a f2p model the game devs have done nothing impressive since the release withholding items, bad patch releases without vital quests, horrible game optimization and just more and more problems so I refuse to stick my money into the game..

Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, Taemek said:

I would much rather have this be a buy to play or a subscription game to do away with a lot of the problems this game has like bots and hackers. Seeing how it went to a f2p model the game devs have done nothing impressive since the release withholding items, bad patch releases without vital quests, horrible game optimization and just more and more problems so I refuse to stick my money into the game..

1 hour ago, Taemek said:

Why have a limit for HM coins? Because you get them for free from drops in the game.....you paid nothing for them.

I'm getting sick of p2w games and people that "wants it easy and want it now" so they buy their way to the end game, screwing all the players that do not want to p2w.

Quick tip: if the game was not so bug ridden and managed with some common sense, many people that do not like to give (edited) like me would have invested into it.

Is it me or people who earned gold on selling overpriced stuff to people who buy gold for real money complaining about people able to get things faster by buying gold for real money?

Is it me or people are getting things for free complaining about how bussiness should be done?

Is it me or people who did not solve any technical issue, create or achieve anything in that area  complaining  how(fast) technical things are being solved?

Is it me or people are complaining about fact that to get things earlier costs more than same thing later?

Sounds to me like clear definition of crying clueless kid. Welcome in the real world.

I am not defending system how catch up mechanisms is being implemented, I am just tired of this kind of people, who should just better leave.

In my opinion there was necessary system for catching up as we are getting content( and hopefully will ) much faster than other regions.

If it should be done by cash shops or smarter adjustment of upgrade prices is questionable.

PS: Coming from player who bought 0 gold...

Well as long as the gems aren't any better than the ones that you can get anyway it's probably fine. Atleast for me. I think it's a good thing if Darts and the HM skills are getting cheaper. Yeah, it's P2W and people can probably acquire hundreds or thousands of gold when they spend enough money, but whatever.. as long as its not "Spend 50$ and get a gem that's gonna be better than everything that you can get by playing" it's fine.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/shattered-empire-arrives-april-27/

NCsoft stream :"Hey guys, Is it p2w ? Not yet ?"

"Okey, Release new contact because free players didn't reach the max of new weapons and Accessories so the P2w player feel more Op now"

Really  ? New Contact ? I can't even go for True breezer because the damn pay wall beside the shit gameguard that worked and I can't play game no more -.- *cricket* lag and *cricket* the new shitty contact  

22 minutes ago, RoXor said:

Is it me or people who earned gold on selling overpriced stuff to people who buy gold for real money complaining about people able to get things faster by buying gold for real money?

Is it me or people are getting things for free complaining about how bussiness should be done?

Is it me or people who did not solve any technical issue, create or achieve anything in that area  complaining  how(fast) technical things are being solved?

Is it me or people are complaining about fact that to get things earlier costs more than same thing later?

Sounds to me like clear definition of crying clueless kid. Welcome in the real world.

I am not defending system how catch up mechanisms is being implemented, I am just tired of this kind of people, who should just better leave.

In my opinion there was necessary system for catching up as we are getting content( and hopefully will ) much faster than other regions.

If it should be done by cash shops or smarter adjustment of upgrade prices is questionable.

PS: Coming from player who bought 0 gold...

1.  Yes, I do understand things get cheaper as economy progresses and items become less and less in value but the economy should be dictated by the people who actually play the game not wallet warriors

2.  Get what for free? I supported this game with a purchase of a founders pack because I believed this team with all the things they said during streams and in forums could actually pull off a non p2w mmo because that was their moto heading into launch... as for investing more into this game I cannot bring myself to do it espically after so many peoples accounts have been hacked and money drawn from their ncoin at the fault of ncsoft

3.  As for any technical issues no, I do not have experience fixing them myself but many other publishers seem to have found a way around bots and whether it be from preventing them from ruining an economy our having such a presence in the game... they knew well before launch it was going to be a huge issue and honestly all attempts they have made have failed to fix the current situation and it puts such a strain on the economy at one point dropping soul stones from from 36s to 10s that it gives no insentive to play the game from a pve perspective

4. As for the catch up system they have in place they already greatly reduced the amount of mats needed in order to upgrade equipment so you don't need an event like this

in my opinion it sounds like you are the kind of person that does no wantt to work for anything but have everything

Archived