Spring Treasure trove

Boscodash

Honestly, I feel like this is NCSoft's way of trying to lessen the gap between players maybe. Cash cows will buy a lot of keys, perhaps going for the outfit, and sell off what they don't need. Prices will drop to affordable rates for the average player. F2P players that farm 4 mans and the such will have money to stock up and resell later on (having already pretty much geared themselves prior to this) while people that do dailies and craft (notice it's only STS I THINK, they said there will be a shit ton of stuff for prices pretty much) will be able to still generate some money to grab a few things while the prices are low.

My concerns?

Currency exchange pretty much plummeting.

What actually WILL be available to purchase.

I'm sure I might be leaving something off but I'm excited and slightly worried. I know the extremists will come in here soon though haha.

Edit: Since people seem to be getting confused, I'll clarify. I am not complaining, just simply stating that a little bit of everyone can possibly win here with the way things go. It's just the matter of how aforementioned things unfold that makes me SLIGHTLY worried. Again, I'm not calling the game p2w or whatever other shit people are trying to read. Just stating what the market MIGHT do (could do the complete opposite, who knows?).

The only reason currency exchange plummeting would bother me is because I like buying outfits for alts. That's it. And not knowing what will be available for purchase bothers me a bit (because I like factoring things into my decisions) but again, I will not lose sleep over this.

9 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I wonder how much gold do the items cost if there's only chance to purchase items from the box. Like if you get gem will it be like same price as in auction house or like 1 g?

I'm thinking it's gonna be something like a few silver to 1g or so. I saw something like this where a player logged in on the korean server to buy some cheap items after he spun something.

9 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

I dont really get the expansions you'll be able to buy. How i understand it, instead of 1 free chest per day you'll then have free 7 or so? Is that how it's supposed to work?

u open the chest and by default ull get 2 items to choose from. with the expansion item u can unlock up to 8 slots (2 free +6 with ncoins/HM coins). so ull be able to choose from 8 items.

no additional items/purchases just more varity too choose from. limit is 1 item per key no matter how much u spend.

that "1 item" can come in stacks as well, may be 1 or even 10.

6 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

At current rate I will have loss on my daily craftings, as soon as they got finished! 

Is the crafting worth it at all nowadays?
every craft that I've taken a look at came out the result of not a a big profit.
let's just take the Silverfrost Transformation Stone as an example. To craft that item you are gonna need some materials, materials that if u sold on the marketplace, would gain around 120golds, meanwhile the 10 Silverfrost Transformation Stones coast like, 135gold in total maybe. and you won like 15gold if you are lucky. and the materials to craft the materials that these stones requer also worth something, so actually i don't find the crafting system satishfying at all right now. I wouldn't even bother. though it may be my opinion only...
Anyway I'm also excited about this event, I hope RNG's gonna be my friend :D

I remember seeing this in the CH version, couldn't understand anything since it was all Chinese so I paid it no attention, now that I look at it. I like it. I wont have to purchase Transformation Stones and such from other players who overprice them.

14 minutes ago, Kenshin said:

u open the chest and by default ull get 2 items to choose from. with the expansion item u can unlock up to 8 slots (2 free +6 with ncoins/HM coins). so ull be able to choose from 8 items.

no additional items/purchases just more varity too choose from. limit is 1 item per key no matter how much u spend.

that "1 item" can come in stacks as well, may be 1 or even 10.

Ah thanks for the clarification. One thing stil bothers me tho. What will happen after the event? Will the money spend be gone, or will the slots stay unlocked in the next similar event?

Edit: For 1k ncoin i hope that they at least stay unlocked.. but i'm not sure what to expect from ncsoft anymore. Sometimes they are fair, sometimes they overprice stuff so insane that i love all hope lol.

5 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Ah thanks for the clarification. One thing stil bothers me tho. What will happen after the event? Will the money spend be gone, or will the slots stay unlocked in the next similar event?

cant tell u tbh cause i dont know but considering that this is a metod for NC to get some extra cash well have to rebuy them.

we will need an answer from a GM about this or w8 till the event comes back for a 2nd round

2 hours ago, QRob said:

Is the crafting worth it at all nowadays?
every craft that I've taken a look at came out the result of not a a big profit.
let's just take the Silverfrost Transformation Stone as an example. To craft that item you are gonna need some materials, materials that if u sold on the marketplace, would gain around 120golds, meanwhile the 10 Silverfrost Transformation Stones coast like, 135gold in total maybe. and you won like 15gold if you are lucky. and the materials to craft the materials that these stones requer also worth something, so actually i don't find the crafting system satishfying at all right now. I wouldn't even bother. though it may be my opinion only...
Anyway I'm also excited about this event, I hope RNG's gonna be my friend :D

Well I'm used to have an income of 10-20g ea. Day just by craftings. Even with Silverfrost Trans-Stones, if you buy materials cheap at the right time. But this charge which will completed tomorrow is a loss, due to event. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited too about the event. But if i would have known this a bit earlier today, i wouldnt have invested so much in crafts. *sigh*

well, 10-20g income per day is a good thing to have, but it has become insignificant compered to the fac that it is kind of easy to gain gold nowadays by farming 4-man scorpio, yeti, and snakes
i actually think that one main problem is that the soulstone prices went up, and a lot of craft requiers them, so people don't have as much profit as they used to, and it is just not so much worth bothering doing it, though still many people craft things, i just know that i stopped, cuz i didn't see the point of it, after i make nowadays daily 50-60golds at least

41 minutes ago, QRob said:

well, 10-20g income per day is a good thing to have, but it has become insignificant compered to the fac that it is kind of easy to gain gold nowadays by farming 4-man scorpio, yeti, and snakes
i actually think that one main problem is that the soulstone prices went up, and a lot of craft requiers them, so people don't have as much profit as they used to, and it is just not so much worth bothering doing it, though still many people craft things, i just know that i stopped, cuz i didn't see the point of it, after i make nowadays daily 50-60golds at least

You have to add the crafting income on top of the daily quests income ... its a neat bonus by doing nothing except investing on mats :3

11 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

You have to add the crafting income on top of the daily quests income ... its a neat bonus by doing nothing except investing on mats :3

i do not do anything daily but the awakened necropolis, avalnche den, lair of the frozen fan ones, and pvp dailies, and sometimes i even do mushin tower, wich is very boring by now, i cant w8 to get the new levels, the new challanges
i get what u say, i just rly dont wanna bother with crafting, cuz like 15 gold from it per day is not a big deal
yet, at the moment, in this game -for me at least- crafting is negligeable

6 hours ago, Enamour said:

Honestly, I feel like this is NCSoft's way of trying to lessen the gap between players maybe. Cash cows will buy a lot of keys, perhaps going for the outfit, and sell off what they don't need. Prices will drop to affordable rates for the average player. F2P players that farm 4 mans and the such will have money to stock up and resell later on (having already pretty much geared themselves prior to this) while people that do dailies and craft (notice it's only STS I THINK, they said there will be a shit ton of stuff for prices pretty much) will be able to still generate some money to grab a few things while the prices are low.

My concerns?

Currency exchange pretty much plummeting.

What actually WILL be available to purchase.

I'm sure I might be leaving something off but I'm excited and slightly worried. I know the extremists will come in here soon though haha.

You do know there is a limit to how many chest you can get pre account right?  I mean sure you can make more accounts but I believe that is subject to ban.  Second complaining won't do anything and I'm sure you know that.  This is why I hate hearing people complain about P2W on games where you can earn pretty much the same items.  People make excuses about not having time but they have time to stay on the forums and complain.  They could of used this time and work an hour longer and use that as gaming money or use that time to farm gold.  Life is no different.  Life is pretty much a P2W.  If people don't believe it is, than they need a reality check.

Archived