NCSOFT Please Add Attack Power Restrictions To Dungeons.

DreadX

1 minute ago, Franny said:

As I said, I would completely agree if I ever used F8, but forming our own groups within the guild / social network saves up the time and frustration this could cause (^_^)

Don't get me wrong, just trying to offer you some solutions, because I hope you realise NcSoft won't do much about it, if they haven't done so NC, JP, etc. servers for years.

Don't worry, I didn't forget that point xP

But yeah, Guilds work if you join a huuuuge Guild. But you can't force people to leave their "small and friendly guild" to join a big chaotic one.

My only point is : If you queue up for a 4 People dungeon, you expect to do it with 4 people. not with 3 people and 1 Cricket for Decoration.

And about NCSoft : Not sure if you noticed it but our Version already got a ton of changes compared to KR/CH/TW. They're really working hard on it to optimize the Game. ' -'

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Konahri said:

Don't worry, I didn't forget that point xP

But yeah, Guilds work if you join a huuuuge Guild. But you can't force people to leave their "small and friendly guild" to join a big chaotic one.

My only point is : If you queue up for a 4 People dungeon, you expect to do it with 4 people. not with 3 people and 1 Cricket for Decoration.

And about NCSoft : Not sure if you noticed it but our Version already got a ton of changes compared to KR/CH/TW. They're really working hard on it to optimize the Game. ' -'

Yeah, I am aware of the changes, but nothing as big as implementing a min. requirement to dungeons AFAIK - so far I thought we were on about the 6 ppl dungeons, but for the 4 man ones; boy you need a group who can actually play together >.<  I, personally wouldn't even risk my little time on the game for trying with pugs, if I don't have the right ppl online, I just do it on the next day or so =)

I am not sure if they would ever implement a solution like this but OP has made some very valuable points 

Just a few points of my own : 

I am not sure what is the point of spamming "dailies" if you do not use the gold received to upgrade your weapon/accessories ? The whole upgrade option is available , you know what you need and you all know how to get it . The fact that you are lazy to do it means you are not worried about how you perform in a group instance and if thats the case please restrict yourself to running solo content without crippling other people's gameplay. 

In many ways most of the bosses in heroic dungeons are a DPS check , with their enrage timers. IF you are not geared up or have enough stats , there is no moral right for you to demand to be carried by 5 or 3 others just because you happened to join the group. No one needs a decoration, they need contributing players . This strategy of sneaking in to get carried will work on lower level dungeons but never on heroic. 

Also , even if some people are under geared, I have personally found some really good players who make up for their lack of stats with good understanding of game mechanics and contributing to the group in their own way . Example : 2nd boss fight on Naryu where they help with his shields . These are players who are willing to learn and grow . On the other side , there are people with over the top stats with no clue as to what they are doing besides mashing buttons like monkeys on the keyboard and hope something dies.  In short , try not to be a wonderful pain on the hind side and try to learn and accept suggestions/help instead of rage quitting just to get into another group again and doing the same. 

Apologies for the long post but has been having a lot of issues lately with pug Naryu groups where people rage quit because someone "dared" to tell them what to do , 320 AP people queueing up and wiping the group over n over because the boss enrages etc . No one wants to spend hours in a single dungeon and then finally give up and leave . Remember , its not just you. Others have their dailies to run too so kindly have some consideration. As already suggested,  join a clan , do clan runs and learn the dungeons with help from other players or youtube and work on your gear. This isn't rocket science . 

PS : People with low AP who says they have done this a million times >> 100% got carried hard

By

A depressed pugger. 

Honestly I think the whole topic is sorta ridiculous. I will admit shouldn't jump into something over your pay grade but, it happens alot in MMOs and players who have a problem with it need to get over it and start your own group with like minded individuals. In truth, joining a clan doesn't always solve the solution if the clan itself isn't doing their own runs together or care to do runs together. I think too many are far too concerned with their own motives and ego than their fellow players and this goes both ways with the fully geared and the undergeared. I've been my fair share of less than perfect groups, but it doesn't bother me that much. I guess because I have an awful lot of free time.

To be honest here.  I'm not someone who wants to be carried.  I want to be part of it.  But it doesn't help that I'm sitting here at 358 AP and leveling up my gear doesn't help anything.  Because when I enter a dungeon, lets use 6 man blood shade as an example.  Most people would accept me for some odd reason.  But then after that, everyone else that comes in just continues leaving.  And once I leave, the party leader usually tells me they are full because I ask them to tell me what happens when I leave.  

How do you guys manage to even hit 370 while having Siren weapons and Infernal accessories?  Or for that matter be 400 AP.  I don't have much time to play because I have a full time and some other priorities other than playing this game.  And it really makes me sad that I can't run these dungeons, especially 4man bloodshade since I really want the cobalt wig and blindfold.

I want to help but I can't.

I need advice I'm truly stuck.

5 hours ago, Buseira said:

To be honest here.  I'm not someone who wants to be carried.  I want to be part of it.  But it doesn't help that I'm sitting here at 358 AP and leveling up my gear doesn't help anything.  Because when I enter a dungeon, lets use 6 man blood shade as an example.  Most people would accept me for some odd reason.  But then after that, everyone else that comes in just continues leaving.  And once I leave, the party leader usually tells me they are full because I ask them to tell me what happens when I leave.  

How do you guys manage to even hit 370 while having Siren weapons and Infernal accessories?  Or for that matter be 400 AP.  I don't have much time to play because I have a full time and some other priorities other than playing this game.  And it really makes me sad that I can't run these dungeons, especially 4man bloodshade since I really want the cobalt wig and blindfold.

I want to help but I can't.

I need advice I'm truly stuck.

Get ap diamond gems and socket it, it can give at Max 35ap but that thing is like 500g, u can get one for 21/25 ap for around 20g if that helps well 21 is at like 15g now... also pirate bracelet also gives ap

13 hours ago, Franny said:

F8 is only good enough for ppl lvling up, I don't think you should do the high lvl dungeons with that, or you will get frustrated by pugs.

As one of the players with the lower AP (True Profane wep + Awakened Infernal accs here, around 350 AP) and with a recent history of near failure at Labyrinth and complete failure at Bloodshade, I have to agree. You can get away with F8 PUGs up to Backram Supply Chain (sort of) with same gear as mine, but after that? Either dedicated groups that odn't mind carrying you, better gear or both.

1 hour ago, Phorni said:

Get ap diamond gems and socket it, it can give at Max 35ap but that thing is like 500g, u can get one for 21/25 ap for around 20g if that helps well 21 is at like 15g now... also pirate bracelet also gives ap

Now THAT is a good heads up. Thanks.

One more question: is this Pirate Bracelet a possible drop in 24-man/6-man or you only get it from those traders in Wayfarer Wharf? I'm stuck with Superior (blue) bracelet, belt and SS set. I know which Heroic (purple) SS parts to get now and how (gotta get all the crit lol), but I still dunno about bracelets and belts.

If they add the option to fill in AP power as option to what dungeon you wish to have the elitist can have their fun, I like that to, make fast runs at times and just push, I tend to do that in normal groups to set an example of how to play good, without bashing anyone.

There must be a normal LFP for all dungeons so everyone can try que for what they wish for and try and enjoy the game. That should never be limited at all.

But I'm all for having an option to implant some optional settings to like: "I don't wanna play with others who got bellow X AP" due to it helps the people and community who does wish to have a higher success rate, maybe wish to run a dungeon faster.

It's a good thing as long as it's don't right, to not cripple anyone who wish to try and can't get in a t all due to all dungeons are locked on a certain AP mandatory.

There are so much focus on that new players should learn and work to become pro and accept getting told at is the initial vibe I get here on this thread. (no offence)

For that reason, I'll say that elitists needs to sometimes take a deep breath and learn to not be rude as well to newcomers, This is actually one of the few games I got told "IM not good enough" by a guy who came into my party mid session of a dungeon and tried vote kick me, the guy with much higher gear then any of us died early on a boss fight.... Let's just say my party at that time did laugh at him kinda... For a good reason, he was being a prick I'd been nice entire dungeon and learning people the fight and we had not had anyone viped (Just one offline player we voted off). But i didn't engage with him in a verbal conversion more then"hello" "Lets do this" kinda and "your welcome to run with us again if you wish"

I'm not saying accept to carry anyone, I know that's not fun all the time even for me, but don't have an attitude when joining parties based on looking at someones gear they always are terrible are not always right as well.

I believe in giving people a chance to improve as well and see if they are worth a shot.

Pre made groups and guild groups are best for elitists. And will always be. Queing with random people even geard enough does not mean they are skilled always as well. I've seen that in multiple games in over 10 years time now, seen that multiple times and then they rage at eachother for doing something wrong and its a catfight on whos right like 5 year old kids.... Well that's one side of it.

Just standing up for the little guy a tiny bit here, but I do support the thought behind this. As long it don't cripple people.

I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I read the title, then I read the post and well.. no offence but you're so off on things.

1. Just because some ppl know more than others it doesn't give them the right to do shit over others. Game is free so anyone can play to the best of their abilities and they are allowed to have whatever personality they developed so far in life. It is frustrating when you play with people that don't know how to do stuff and maybe don't even want to put in the effort to learn but that still doesn't mean anyone should be favored and core changes to the game should be made for the 1% that actually know mechanics. This whole idea is just ...

2. When ppl flame noobs and dismiss them you can be damned sure those noobs will return the favor and this should never change, and to address the matter of noobs asking for tips and such in dungeons after being called in so many ways in so many different languages, I guarantee you no more than 10 players actually took their time to explain something however easy or difficult it may be. So why should anyone show respect for smug SOBs ?

3.In regards to the new dungeon which is not at all that difficult when talking about mechanics it is a bit more demanding of gear. I can't stress the a bit more demanding  part enough considering the crappy gear me and my group had when I first did it. For those that need 400-500-600 ap to do it well... either they want to do it fast which I can understand either they're just not that all that knowledgeable about certain character and mobs stats. If it took only 420+ ap to do it, more than 80% of the server wouldn't have been able to, considering how many have upgraded their items only after the release of the dungeon.

4. To be a bit harsh, if you don't like their ap just gtfo of the party and find another one, not everyone is so smug and some ppl don't mind helping others so why shouldn't they have the choice to do that if they wish to ?

The only intervention needs to happen here is from the player base and not ncsoft. Read 2-3 lines of text on the forums or on google or watch 2 mins on youtube before you go in or if not before, at least after you fail 10 times in a row. Accept that not everyone would put in the effort to help so you need to help yourself more often then not. But again, dungeons are about mechanics. If you have one party member with 430 ap you can do more than just fine is someone is at 380, stop confusing huge gold income and high ap with skill and knowledge. High ap is just gold income and rng not game knowledge. There is nothing required by upgrade paths that needs skill to obtain.

On a personal note, the past 3 days have been fails after fails in both lab and even regular old poh with people that can't block first boss or fall down when flying towards the second one. Hey, stuff happens. I was also clueless the first time I entered a new dungeon and not everyone can pick things up at the same rate as others, I get it, I don't like it.. it makes me sad but you can't ask for devs to "remove" less skilled people from the game. As far as the lab goes, all the side bosses are a joke and fall insanely fast. The first boss is not rocket science.. anyone can tank him and dodge one or 2 more dangerous attacks. The clown where i'm sure a lot of people struggle is also easy but some people make it more complicated than it has to be, some want the summoner to tank all the ads others bomb the boss with the wrong color etc. It's a 6man for a reason - to make it easy for you. Just put 3 ppl on the ads and watch the damn color let the others know when bomb is up and happy days. Last boss too similar to widows to even talk about it. The biggest issue I often have in lab after the people that don't know mechanics is people with classes that can tank who say they will tank and they do a *cricket* poor job. If you have threat skills and don't use them or u just can't keep aggro or aren't sure if you can't keep aggro... just say that from the beginning because there's no point in wasting anyone's time getting there only to fail and recruit others >? almost no one will join u at the last boss when they clearly know u failed it at least once.  Just so ppl understand this a bit better, because I know how bitchy some get about "tanking", I'm not saying that every melee class has to tank, I'm just saying that you should let people know if you really can. If you can't, you can't and that's that. I've seen summoners and destroyers refusing to tank but dishing out great dps in dungeons and I'm fine with that as long as everyone knows from the start what the others are capable of doing.

On 3/6/2016 at 2:41 PM, ReiNeith said:

every dungeon will only want the elitist pieces of shit and wont settle for anyone who isnt "perfect" its more toxic than helpful and will just result in people leaving 

On 3/6/2016 at 2:50 PM, OneYouHate said:

Wished we had the ability to downvote elitist threads like this ... 

Call it what you want but it is true, everyone that is up at high gear got that way because most of them had to grind their way up.It's only fair that everyone else does the same. I'm not saying that it isn't possible to get a party with a profane weapon or less than 400 ap and that you shouldn't try, but some people won't be too happy about it. It's not just ap as well, it can be stat wise. I seen classes with pirate weapon but infernal accesories. i was able to keep aggro the entire time because that person had no way to crit because of the crappy shield. 

9 minutes ago, PCComet said:

Call it what you want but it is true, everyone that is up at high gear got that way because most of them had to grind their way up.It's only fair that everyone else does the same. I'm not saying that it isn't possible to get a party with a profane weapon or less than 400 ap and that you shouldn't try, but some people won't be too happy about it. It's not just ap as well, it can be stat wise. I seen classes with pirate weapon but infernal accesories. i was able to keep aggro the entire time because that person had no way to crit because of the crappy shield. 

And u have people with pirate weapon in siren acc losing aggro to someone with profane weapon and infernal acc XD 

So much for the ap requirement..

But if u ask me surely u can put ap requirement on dungeons : 3 480ap for poh, 520 ap for bsh and 600 for lab go ahead op play that with me yo 

Edit: there's ur ap requirement as requested <3 hf not being able to enter lab at all

2 minutes ago, Phorni said:

And u have people with pirate weapon in siren acc losing aggro to someone with profane weapon and infernal acc XD 

So much for the ap requirement..

But if u ask me surely u can put ap requirement on dungeons : 3 480ap for poh, 520 ap for bsh and 600 for lab go ahead op play that with me yo 

you dont even need that much ap for any of those dgns lol. having 400 flat and at least 50% crit is good enough

11 minutes ago, PCComet said:

you dont even need that much ap for any of those dgns lol. having 400 flat and at least 50% crit is good enough

I know u don't and also it's impossible to reach even 520 ap lol...

Its a sacarsm 

Edit: with average of 385+ ap and 45%+ crit in ur party will allow u to finish lab kinda smoothly if ur party knows how to run the dungeon... 

So quite literally awakened siren is more than good enough on lab: 3 bsh is even lower average of around 340ap will do the trick... and poh will be even lower....

Edit2: also just did a run on bshbsh earlier today.. with 2 people 400ap both fms and 3 others 390+ and me 384... thrasher had 12% hp left when he went up on the roof for the first time XD 

Bloodmane died in like 2minutes or so

Mm about 2&half I think... why would people even bother to look for all 400+ lol

all you crackheads who seriously need a better hobby, or have to much cash on hand need to understand one thing. you don't need the best gear in the world to do any of the dungeons currently in game. 

if you are sporting the best weapon and accessories already you need to think about what your doing with your life, or you need to start donating money to a good charity.

everybody needs to learn the fights, i've grouped with plenty of new people going into everything but Lab, never left a group due to peoples gears, and for the most part never have much issues. i had one bad experience in lab and that was patch day with no clue how to do the clown. otherwise i have completed the instance with the average ap of those in group around 340-360. 

the most annoying thing is this game is queuing up with elitist assholes who constantly drop group while they should be pre making a group to there own stupidly high standards and stop wasting normal peoples time then coming onto the forums to further complain about it. 

shut up, it annoys the opposite end too. you know the people who don't give a shit as long as the content gets done, and does not mind teaching a new player mechanics that are hard to learn in zerg mode. one wipe has never bugged me, and honesty with all the dailies i've done with people of all skill levels and gear, ive only aye dirt maybe 3 times.

oh yah congrats on being leet yo.

4 hours ago, Vau said:

all you crackheads who seriously need a better hobby, or have to much cash on hand need to understand one thing. you don't need the best gear in the world to do any of the dungeons currently in game. 

if you are sporting the best weapon and accessories already you need to think about what your doing with your life, or you need to start donating money to a good charity.

everybody needs to learn the fights, i've grouped with plenty of new people going into everything but Lab, never left a group due to peoples gears, and for the most part never have much issues. i had one bad experience in lab and that was patch day with no clue how to do the clown. otherwise i have completed the instance with the average ap of those in group around 340-360. 

the most annoying thing is this game is queuing up with elitist assholes who constantly drop group while they should be pre making a group to there own stupidly high standards and stop wasting normal peoples time then coming onto the forums to further complain about it. 

shut up, it annoys the opposite end too. you know the people who don't give a shit as long as the content gets done, and does not mind teaching a new player mechanics that are hard to learn in zerg mode. one wipe has never bugged me, and honesty with all the dailies i've done with people of all skill levels and gear, ive only aye dirt maybe 3 times.

oh yah congrats on being leet yo.

^ This.

If you're going to be an elitist ass about doing dungeons, go find yourself an elitist clan and do shit with them rather than wasting everyone's time in random queue. Not everyone has the luxury of gearing past True Profane or Awakened Inferno accessories. I've seen HM4/HM5s leave even BSH and Blackram 6MAN parties... Really?

I've done countless runs with people who haven't done the run at all and people who run around with True Profane. Guess what, explain how the run goes to them and they'll "try" to do it. Many runs where I run around with my BM that I leveled up for the Warlock leveling event where I told them how to do the run. No wipes on Be Ido and no wipes on Fujin/Raijin.

3 hours ago, Pepperino said:

^ This.

If you're going to be an elitist ass about doing dungeons, go find yourself an elitist clan and do shit with them rather than wasting everyone's time in random queue. Not everyone has the luxury of gearing past True Profane or Awakened Inferno accessories. I've seen HM4/HM5s leave even BSH and Blackram 6MAN parties... Really?

I've done countless runs with people who haven't done the run at all and people who run around with True Profane. Guess what, explain how the run goes to them and they'll "try" to do it. Many runs where I run around with my BM that I leveled up for the Warlock leveling event where I told them how to do the run. No wipes on Be Ido and no wipes on Fujin/Raijin.

Pretty much what he said. I understand people don't want the dungeon to be impossible, but whatever happened to actually enjoying the game? I have a Siren Sword and Infernal Accessories, with a belt and bracelet, 376 AP. First day/run of Lab was fun. We figured out how to challenge the dungeon as we went. It was a positive environment, we enjoyed the dungeon. I don't know why people have turned everything into a grind fest. :\

If you're that pressed for time or can't stand people with maxed pirate, (I had some guy with pirate accessories yelling at me, while he had 374 AP, to quit party that I joined) you should really just make your own party and recruit based on your standards. I've already seen people do that.

45 minutes ago, Akamu said:

Pretty much what he said. I understand people don't want the dungeon to be impossible, but whatever happened to actually enjoying the game? I have a Siren Sword and Infernal Accessories, with a belt and bracelet, 376 AP. First day/run of Lab was fun. We figured out how to challenge the dungeon as we went. It was a positive environment, we enjoyed the dungeon. I don't know why people have turned everything into a grind fest. :\

If you're that pressed for time or can't stand people with maxed pirate, (I had some guy with pirate accessories yelling at me, while he had 374 AP, to quit party that I joined) you should really just make your own party and recruit based on your standards. I've already seen people do that.

I've had this HM3 blade dancer tell me to leave because I'll spoil the run. My BM has True Profane with like 377ap 1.6k crit atm. Went to final boss room and he had no idea what he should do. Me and I think a KFM were tanking and pretty much carried.

1 hour ago, Pepperino said:

I've had this HM3 blade dancer tell me to leave because I'll spoil the run. My BM has True Profane with like 377ap 1.6k crit atm. Went to final boss room and he had no idea what he should do. Me and I think a KFM were tanking and pretty much carried.

Another note is that most people with 400+ ap has spent some cash in this game and this will remain true for maybe another couple of days only exceptions would be if they hardcore grinded dailies with like a few lv45 accounts or gotten very lucky during their progression like getting their class weapon for upgrade mat within the first 10 boxes XD 

So when these 400+ people starts yelling about peoples equipment I kind of can understand since cash players are not well known for being patient XD some of them can be nice and patient but the majority sounds more like 12year old wannabe God kids...

Hence why they have no clue what they need to do but still yells XD because human mentality = prejudice based on past experience. And human tends nvr to think they make mistakes or that they are simply just wrong 

14 hours ago, Pepperino said:

I'll probably start trying Lab at 380, I'm at 376 at the moment. I just need my pirate bracelet and I'll probably get my True Siren Sword.

People shouldn't underestimate skill.

u wrote a foking trash man. u have all means to check persons info while in lobby etc. if ur a leader then u can kick this person. dont push LFG button, just post ur room number in the chat and decide wut u need. remembner my ars that when u go to cross lobby and push the button its ur own risk.

Such stupid reqs.  What if someone is trying to be a tank type build?  I have seen a couple and it was because of them the new dungeon was completed with ease.  So your idea for AP req wouldn't work.  You want to make the game about elitism instead of it just being a game that many people can try to enjoy without some prick being all high and mighty

22 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

Lab6 is doable with no 400+. Did it with a pug with 348-390 range. You people just suck and want to be carried by other 400s. Fujin and Raijin didn't even enrage.

^

Having high AP =/= knowledge, at all.

Archived