NCSOFT Please Add Attack Power Restrictions To Dungeons.

DreadX

Now before I start my rant I will note everyone that I used only factual thesis here.

So let us begin:

1. I DONT UNDERSTAND: What you people who come with 2x lower gear and 0 mechanics understanding then specific dungeon requires think you will accomplish?

Is that hard to realize that you are most likely going to fail, waste YOUR time and the time of OTHERS, and just add to the bitc**** cup that people use after/before

they que up for anything.

- Just simple don't do that, if someone told you something like: yo noob you cant do this, you can never act like butthurt baby and start a flame war. Instead ask what I do wrong or how to

do this. It will help both your case and the case of guy (that act like elitist yes) but still is RIGHT ON POINT. If they refuse to help you, that's what you should expect before you even que up,

that's just how are people nowadays. Don't go into rage, uninstall game, troll or any kind of flame/give up combination. Instead you have to have a mentality of real gamer: "Ok lets face it,

I don't know a sh**t about this and I am going to learn it and whop the floor with that assbat elitist that acted so pro". And that attitude is all you need. Then you simple head to google,

and learn, easy as that.

- Do not expect from people to carry you. Simple as that people don't like to do this and it also consume about 1.5-2x time then it should (that means they could done it 2x for the time they

helping you) and not everyone have all time of this world to play.

- Similar to one above: have patience. Patience is key.

- NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER FORCE THING. Forcing things will only make you angry and unhappy and in some situation desperate and screw your judgment sense. If it happens you have bad day

and you just cant do it, that's great, tomorrow is a great day to do it. Also you will also save up your nerves, save yourself from breaking your pc/notebook screen (what I often did when I was

kid :)... damn son) and so on.

- And last in 1. BE PASIONATE ABOUT THINGS YOU DO: Whatever you do, gaming or anything, you have to have passion about it. Without it its just as good as second hand job or anything that

bothers you in particular. Make sure to enjoy game, games are designed for that, do not GET IT TOO SERIOUS, AND ACT ALL WORKED UP ABOUT IT.

2. How to que properly:

- So here is an image: http://prntscr.com/ac0bry : as you can see there are two options in it:

1. Allow duplicate classes for a new party: This option selected will allow que system to place you in party with multiple same classes. Unselected will not. Use this for harder dungeons

and if your lucky you might get those 2x fm or sum and so on.

2. Allow players to join party while in dungeon: This option selected will allow que system to place you inside dungeon already in progress. Unselected will not. Use this when you are sure

in your skills and ready for situation where you might have to carry others.

3. Scenarios:

a) Lets say you que few times used/not these option above and you got bad parties then left. What you want to do is analyze what problem was. If problem was in for example too much

destroyers with no dmg, or bots unselect option 1, if you think problem was joining to already started dungeon unselect 2.

b) Lets say you que up with only option 1 selected, if you fail in anyway unselect it

c) Lets say you que up with option 2 only selected, if you fail unselect.

d) Lets say you que up with both option selected, if fail unselect them.

e) Lets say you que up with both option unselected, if fail... get few people from clan or come to do it later.

REMEMBER ENJOY GAME TO ITS FULLEST, AND IF YOU CANT/DONT YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Game on.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the most accurate thing I've ever read, about dungeons, people can also try and go with friends and try themselves the bosses but now we got youtube and all that so why not searching?

Lovely topic I must say. People should consider the fact of gathering knowledge + getting the proper dps gear because those 2 together will be the key to future dungeons.

Just now, ReiNeith said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz this post is wrong.. there are people who are just doing the dungeons for dailies. capping the dps solves nothing. 

Sorry but capping dps will solve it all.

And yeah I know that your dailies is important for you, but its also important for me that I don't waste 2 hours in 6 man bsh which is easy as hell due to reason above.

There is a ton of other dailies that you can do, and if you want to force this one, then find people for it who are willing to carry you.

I mean its just maybe me, but as a good gamer you cant let your ass to be burden to anyone.

If even after all this you still refuse to listen to a reason (and by you I don't talk about you in particular but about most people) you are simple arrogant and ignorant.

so when will it stop? as soon as you cap it people   wont want the lowest possible dps. therefore that person never has a chance to get into the dungeon. dont be *cricket*ing lame.

and plus ive never tried. i cant play the  game because ncoft refuses to solve. 

every dungeon will only want the elitist pieces of shit and wont settle for anyone who isnt "perfect" its more toxic than helpful and will just result in people leaving 

To be honest now, most people are rather getting lazy and don't really want to learn or anything. Myself I'm trying to explain them the dungeon mechanics if they seem to not be able to understand from the battle itself. They should also consider getting better gear as futher dungeons will ask for full dps, because..enrage hurts. Thus google-ing would help it too, videos are plenty,  is not that hard to give it a search.

8 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

Wished we had the ability to downvote elitist threads like this ... 

Yes I know how you must feel, after being told to have a good behavior to not rage and stuff, you call the guy who told you that elitist?

I seriously starting to wonder: do you even internet......

13 minutes ago, ReiNeith said:

so when will it stop? as soon as you cap it people   wont want the lowest possible dps. therefore that person never has a chance to get into the dungeon. dont be *cricket*ing lame.

and plus ive never tried. i cant play the  game because ncoft refuses to solve. 

every dungeon will only want the elitist pieces of shit and wont settle for anyone who isnt "perfect" its more toxic than helpful and will just result in people leaving 

Same for you as Shirou.

Just now, DreadX said:

Same for you as Shirou.

3 minutes ago, Shirou said:

To be honest now, most people are rather getting lazy and don't really want to learn or anything. Myself I'm trying to explain them the dungeon mechanics if they seem to not be able to understand from the battle itself. They should also consider getting better gear as futher dungeons will ask for full dps, because..enrage hurts. Thus google-ing would help it too, videos are plenty,  is not that hard to give it a search.

I said this imo

3 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

Answer to title : No.

Yet another reason I'd rather solo stuff for the upgrades I need..

Yes by all means I know how terrible person I am for asking people to learn stuff and stop being damn burden to us who reached their level month ago.

How thurible I know...

On 7/3/2016 at 1:19 AM, tjb said:

no one wants to hear from a little kid who takes other peoples guides then posts them on NA forums claiming it as your own.

Well it shows  your maturity by calling someone kid online.

Also I went to freedomplays myself today and didn't found any copyright sign on guide what so ever, which means it can be claimed by who ever sees fit and fall under act 103 of

free and non profit use.

Also saying that no one wants to hear mean that you somewhat speak in behalf of others, which you absolutely has no right as you sound as typical whining small *cricket*.

In the end guy might copied guide, might now, who know who cares, point is that guides is there to help people, and I support dreadx and how he bring it here for NA people.

Also word for author: yeah many others copy your shit... expect for thing that I couldn't find it nowhere expect for this forum and fdps.

Also whiney next time place copyright claim on your shit, and also you owe tnx to this guy due to promoting you material and sharing your guide goal which should be to teach

people how to do shit right.

In the end I am sick and tired of wannabe justice warrior who think they have right to stick their shity fingers and noses in someone else job and tells everyone what to do,

It make me sad with how mentally decapitated I have to share this planet....

I usually don't like restrictions in Dungeons, but I have to agree.

It's insanely annoying if you're planing to do a Dungeon run (daily or not doesn't matter.) and you see people joining with 315 Attack Power saying (i can do this! i did this a million times)... how is that a valid reason? just because people was friendly enough to carry them, it doesn't mean it's valid to do it over and over again.

If your gear is too low for heroic dungeons, you accept it. "I just want to do my Daily" is not a valid point. You can do the Daily once u got your gear upgraded, like everyone else does.

But yeah, its even worse if someone in your party disconnects at like, the last boss? and suddenly someone with 330 attack power joins, you can't do anything about it. Thanks to the missing Kick System. You're forced to 3man the bosses because of that kind of people.

So yeah, I really.. REALLY hope they put a restriction on the Heroic Dungeons at least.

Greetings. :3

Instead of adding minimum AP to the dungeon, it would be better to put it on party/group option. The leader may set the required minimum Attack power for anyone who join his/her party. The minimum AP may not be greater than the leader own AP. The system will check those AP requirement before automaticaly set a player in a party.

The Problem with those "manually presets" is : once you joined, your settings will be wiped.

Means if one of you disconnects and gets kicked out of the Party by the System. You still have the chance to get extremly undergeared people in your Dungeon run.

Ofc. This could be an additional feature, but a "strict minimum requirement" is really needed.

Even though I would agree with this if I ever used F8 for serious things like this; I must say: If you want to get them done quick and efficient, JOIN A GUILD. Seriously, you don't have to rant about something which could be so easily ignored - if under-geared ppl are in majority in queue, then just skip them by forming your own party. They will learn eventually, and will get geared, but also they could join a guild too to get some help. It's like the simpliest solution to all of your problems (-.-)

1 minute ago, Franny said:

Even though I would agree with this if I ever used F8 for serious things like this; I must say: If you want to get them done quick and efficient, JOIN A GUILD. Seriously, you don't have to rant about something which could be so easily ignored - if under-geared ppl are in majority in queue, then just skip them by forming your own party. They will learn eventually, and will get geared, but also they could join a guild too to get some help. It's like the simpliest solution to all of your problems (-.-)

Sorry, i don't want to sound harsh but. WTF?

You can't expect every Guild to be some "I'm a 24/7 player, sure i do every Dungeon at every possible chance!"

I'm pretty sure everyone in here is in a Guild, my Guild in example : Has alot of working people in it, they have time for 2-3 Dungeons a day, but surely they won't do it over and over and over again. Most of them Enjoy the Game (like its used to be) so they're not even 45 yet.

What i want to say is: You can't take a resource thats not avaible.

The game shouldn't support leechers in the first place. I mean its getting worse with everyday, if you want a normal Dungeon run, you're mainly forced to look 30-45minutes for a fine party, due to people who want the Soulshields the moment they hit 45.

3 minutes ago, Konahri said:

Sorry, i don't want to sound harsh but. WTF?

You can't expect every Guild to be some "I'm a 24/7 player, sure i do every Dungeon at every possible chance!"

I'm pretty sure everyone in here is in a Guild, my Guild in example : Has alot of working people in it, they have time for 2-3 Dungeons a day, but surely they won't do it over and over and over again. Most of them Enjoy the Game (like its used to be) so they're not even 45 yet.

What i want to say is: You can't take a resource thats not avaible.

The game shouldn't support leechers in the first place. I mean its getting worse with everyday, if you want a normal Dungeon run, you're mainly forced to look 30-45minutes for a fine party, due to people who want the Soulshields the moment they hit 45.

I know about working hours and such (and as leading a guild with a 9 hours worktime Mon-Fri I would understand), however there's usually someone up for repeated runs for soulshields, gear, etc. - at least that's how they supposed to work. But anyway, if your guild is not efficient enough to be able to accomplish easy dungeon runs with their players, you could get more social, find players that are experienced/geared like you are, and do the runs with them. F8 is only good enough for ppl lvling up, I don't think you should do the high lvl dungeons with that, or you will get frustrated by pugs.

I agree with this, I'm tired of seeing people join our groups with 330 attack power and say "I've done this many times."
more like, okay so people were nice enough to carry you when your damage isn't anywhere near where it should be for this dungeon.

9 minutes ago, Franny said:

I know about working hours and such (and as leading a guild with a 9 hours worktime Mon-Fri I would understand), however there's usually someone up for repeated runs for soulshields, gear, etc. - at least that's how they supposed to work. But anyway, if your guild is not efficient enough to be able to accomplish easy dungeon runs with their players, you could get more social, find players that are experienced/geared like you are, and do the runs with them. F8 is only good enough for ppl lvling up, I don't think you should do the high lvl dungeons with that, or you will get frustrated by pugs.

Yeah, sure. but that doesn't fix the F8 issue with people using the fact you can't kick them, just to get their soulshields etc.

Point is: Expert dungeons (4ppl ones) aren't 2-3 People dungeons ,just because 1-2 undergeared people decide to be carried. Its simple not fair to normal players who actually just want to play.

Sure you could come home after a long working day and decide to be "social" for 2 hours to find a group that wants to farm with you.

But yeah, a better Dungeon-Requirement system, would save you 2 hours. Hope you see my point.

2 minutes ago, Konahri said:

Yeah, sure. but that doesn't fix the F8 issue with people using the fact you can't kick them, just to get their soulshields etc.

Point is: Expert dungeons (4ppl ones) aren't 2-3 People dungeons ,just because 1-2 undergeared people decide to be carried. Its simple not fair to normal players who actually just want to play.

Sure you could come home after a long working day and decide to be "social" for 2 hours to find a group that wants to farm with you.

But yeah, a better Dungeon-Requirement system, would save you 2 hours. Hope you see my point.

As I said, I would completely agree if I ever used F8, but forming our own groups within the guild / social network saves up the time and frustration this could cause (^_^)

Don't get me wrong, just trying to offer you some solutions, because I hope you realise NcSoft won't do much about it, if they haven't done so NC, JP, etc. servers for years.

Archived