why is ppl talking about ban for being afk in dungeons,

Dalapie

i dont get it, many ppl afk in dungeons once in a while and or is there for leeching to a really really really boring dungeon, though ppl is threatening with bans for that, that is not a ban reason, its not a cheat, its not a hack, its simply just getting carried, would ppl get banned if friends carried them from lvl 1-45, NO, so stop talking nonsens :P its not in theyre policy to ban ppl who afk at certain areas :P

There's a difference between people agreeing that someone can AFK and people NOT agreeing that someone can AFK. 

When you dungeon with randoms via Cross-server, you are expected to participate, if people agree that someone can AFK/Leech (for whatever reason, maybe low stats or they wanna rush the dungeon) yeah sure go for it, but outside of that, you are expected to participate. 

Also no one has ever asked for banning AFKers, pretty sure we're asking to get rid of AFK/Leechers in party or ban them from auction. 

when ppl starts getting reported in dungeons for leeching i suggest 2 things.... either make a vote kick comeback that we ALLREADY HAVE?! the party leader can make a vote kick... use it, 

the other option would be to make the dungeons more appealing and less boring, which i dont see happening, its boring, its dull but its the only way to get some dailys done so you can actually earn money in the game. crafting is such a mess and is beyound boring to do, no fun in doin it. no reason for new players to get invested other than getting money which requires tons of guild swapping...

banning ppl is for cheaters and hackers, NOT any1 in game who does or doesnt participate in diffrent party actions....

Did you know, that while you are in the lobby forming a Cross Server Dungeon, you can stop the process and kick people from the group? I just did this a little while ago.. It can't stop you from getting put into a pre made group or from fillinf the last spot with a bot but it might help cut down..

Or maybe, if the dungeon is really that *cricket*ing boring to you, don't participate in the first place? I don't remember any specified dungeons that give top priority/ must-have materials? That's only apply to that badly design faction and its' daily soul stones.

Even if it does give significant drops, the moment you join is the moment the entire party expecting each other to contribute.

At this point, even a bot that attacks is actually better than those 'normal' player that deals 0 dmg and still get access to bids. You're being an annoyance and hindering the overall process. Bot uses 3rd party software to operate, yes. But ethical wise, are those 'normal' players any better? Guess not. Probably more shitty than those bots.

Not to mention, some of them have the audacity to bid too, Summoner with 4 slotted Hexagon gems and nicely geared but afk all the way. Is this how they achieve those equipment? Should we all start doing that too?

50 minutes ago, Shinsetsu said:

No one is asking those people to be banned. Most people are asking for a vote kick option to kick those afk leechers out of the party.

Wait... Ppl doesn't know there is an votekick option since launch?

button "more" at each party member  > votekick - all other party members must do same

are you ppl srsly asking for function that is ingame since launch? :D

Just now, AwesomeFart said:

Wait... Ppl doesn't know there is an votekick option since launch?

button "more" at each party member  > votekick all other party members must agree

are you ppl srsly asking for function that is ingame since launch? :D

I believe the current vote kick function only applies to players that are offline. (Cross Dungeon)

On 2/26/2016 at 2:40 PM, Dalapie said:

iits not in theyre policy to ban ppl who afk at certain areas :P

Why is this bothering you anyway ? your not one of those peoples are you ?

In the subject, something need to be done about those parasites in dungeons, either a kick option ( by votes from the party members ), or a ban hammer strong enough to give us a break from this kind of players, the more time this take, the more complicated the issue become .... and todays i started to see 2+ afking at the entry, waiting  for their dumb slaves to build their little pyramide of $$.

One thing you need to keep in mind : 

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

So feel free to leech as much as you can, nature have it ways to make you pay your debts.

I dont have a problem with occassionally carrying somebody through a 6 man dungeon. But if this mentality spreads sooner or later one person would occassionally carry 5 xD

You know what i have a problem with? Killing 24man bosses with 3 people while 20 afk at the last boss, either not knowing that you have to kill mini bosses, or just not caring. Anyway, i'd like for people to be kicked if they dont kill anything for 5 minutes or smth. THAT would actually help with this issue.. speaking about 24 man ofc.

Edit: Or kick in 5 min without fighting a boss. Easily doable.

7 minutes ago, Brand X said:

I highly doubt anyone will ever be banned for Afking in a dungeon.  :p  Even if they do it often.

I doubt it as well, but I if they do not want to add the kick feature than I wouldn't mind the person being suspended at least

Just now, Puppy Pie said:

I doubt it as well, but I if they do not want to add the kick feature than I wouldn't mind the person being suspended at least

To many reasons for why they may be afk.  Could be a connection issue.  Play an mmo long enough and I'm sure we've all had that time when the game said we were logged in but on our side we're going "WTF?!" :p

1 minute ago, Brand X said:

To many reasons for why they may be afk.  Could be a connection issue.  Play an mmo long enough and I'm sure we've all had that time when the game said we were logged in but on our side we're going "WTF?!" :p

well still I say if they do not want to add the kick they still need to suspend them.

I'm sure there are more people that just afk than those that just have trouble

2 hours ago, Dalapie said:

i dont get it, many ppl afk in dungeons once in a while and or is there for leeching to a really really really boring dungeon, though ppl is threatening with bans for that, that is not a ban reason, its not a cheat, its not a hack, its simply just getting carried, would ppl get banned if friends carried them from lvl 1-45, NO, so stop talking nonsens :P its not in theyre policy to ban ppl who afk at certain areas :P

Seem like you're the one taking an advantage being AFK in dungeons....

Just now, Kromede said:

Seem like you're the one taking an advantage being AFK in dungeons....

i sure did afk in dungeons now and then after doing the 4 *cricket*ing daily dungeons for the 50th time, + all the times ppl failed and left, so around 80 times ... really really really really boring, even the first time, and no challenge to it,

4 minutes ago, Dalapie said:

then mabye ppl should stop abusing the report function for afkers. since its meant for botters and cheaters 

Maybe if we had any other option other than leaving the group to find a new group with an extremely high (in my experience) chance of getting another AFKer, or running the dungeon with fewer members than expected, only to have the AFKer miraculously come back at the last boss to bid for the tear.

The *only* case against votekicking is that it may be abused to prevent people from obtaining loot. Well here are two simple solutions to that:

1) Do not allow vote kicks while in combat with a boss

2) Do not allow vote kicks while there are active loot bids

Archived