I almost bought an Outfit....

Malix

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Meerkat said:

You've not thought that through.  At all.  NCSoft is clearly being overbearing in their pricing and predatory in their practices.  Additionally, Blade & Soul doesn't even pull in that much money; not even a tenth of NCSoft's overall revenue ( and about a quarter of Lineage 1 ).

How can they make money with account bound costumes?  Easy.

Make premium worthwhile.  Then more people will subscribe.  Right now, it's mostly worthless.

Costume palette swaps and alterations.  This doesn't require minimum extra work and will generate sales.  How?  They might have a costume in blue and gold, but I don't particularly care for that colour scheme, so I pass.  However, if the same outfit is released in some ivory and pink colour scheme?  That's significantly more attractive.  Or maybe this costume has some kinda detail that I don't like, like a dumb tribal pattern.  Change it to maybe an leopard spot pattern, and suddenly, it's become more attractive to me.  Essentially, giving goods a second shot.  Some players might even buy multiple palette swaps or alterations of the same costumes, and whales are gonna be whales and buy them all anyway.

More accessories.  Easy to make, not a lot on the market.  More costumes too.

Boosters that increase gold drop rate, reputation gain or exp. gain.

How about a permanent character alteration voucher that lets you alter your character whenever you want, forever?  A lot of people aren't going to be willing to put down a rather extreme $12 just to change a few details on their character, especially when there's a high probability they will still mess up again and require another overpriced voucher...  But say you sell a permanent character alteration voucher for $18.  That gets the cogs in the brain turning.

Do you want me to keep going?  NCSoft is just being shitty because they can.

And you.  You don't owe NCSoft anything.  You have no obligation to defend them.  Think for yourself.

While I do agree making the premium more worthwhile it's not a direction they wanted to take which is actually something good and bad, bad as we will not be recieving even better benefits and good because it wont put that big of a gap between free players and people who pay which is something I think they believe in to not put things behind paywalls excluded cosmetics and whatnot.

The increased gold would be good but I doubt its something they would want as stated they dont want to put too many benefits behind a pay wall and I think the exp boosts already exists in the dragon soups or whatever.

Accessories/Costumes I'd assume come from the original game/developers so the staff here can do nothing but make suggest however as this game is merely following in the path of the original certain changes may be harder to obtain.

Permanent character vouchers I dont see happening as It's not available on any other version and they wouldn't sell it as a one time thing when people currently are buying them for one time use (if the people stopped buying it then maybe they would consider it)

I dont owe NC anything and I'm not obligated to defend them everything I say is just from my perspective and my own oppinions given my love for the game and would love to continue seeing it for a very long time. I would much rather have them make their money off costumes and cosmetic changes rather than RNG boxes and whatever else can be a gamble and a real waste of money.

Also I think they mentioned it a stream that they are constantly considering premium membership rewards even on the page itself I think it says its subject to change so that might change most likely but who knows.

7 hours ago, Senzura said:

While I do agree making the premium more worthwhile it's not a direction they wanted to take which is actually something good and bad, bad as we will not be recieving even better benefits and good because it wont put that big of a gap between free players and people who pay which is something I think they believe in to not put things behind paywalls excluded cosmetics and whatnot.

The increased gold would be good but I doubt its something they would want as stated they dont want to put too many benefits behind a pay wall and I think the exp boosts already exists in the dragon soups or whatever.

Accessories/Costumes I'd assume come from the original game/developers so the staff here can do nothing but make suggest however as this game is merely following in the path of the original certain changes may be harder to obtain.

Permanent character vouchers I dont see happening as It's not available on any other version and they wouldn't sell it as a one time thing when people currently are buying them for one time use (if the people stopped buying it then maybe they would consider it)

I dont owe NC anything and I'm not obligated to defend them everything I say is just from my perspective and my own oppinions given my love for the game and would love to continue seeing it for a very long time. I would much rather have them make their money off costumes and cosmetic changes rather than RNG boxes and whatever else can be a gamble and a real waste of money.

Also I think they mentioned it a stream that they are constantly considering premium membership rewards even on the page itself I think it says its subject to change so that might change most likely but who knows.

You're not getting it.  I'm not talking about licensing issues or whatever, I'm saying there are all these things NCSoft Korea could be doing, but aren't doing.  My examples are all relatively low hanging fruit.  Literally, how long does a palette swap take?  Swap the colours then validate that there aren't any errors.  They've already made the model and mesh and whatever.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:51 PM, Geonir said:

This needs to be changed asap. I feel like I wasted so much time grinding for costumes for alts only to find out they were not account bound.

ummm sorry but costumes you grind for need to stay char bound...

bought costumes diff story

Server-wide Wardrobe (meaning 1 shared wardrobe for all characters on server) would add a METRIC BUTT TON of value to Premium Membership.  Just sayin'...

So costumes are character bound.  No big deal.  You can only wear one at a time anyway.  The ones you aren't wearing could be shared with your alts via Wardrobe.

Sounds simple on paper, but unless they already have this functionality in another region I don't expect we'll get it anytime soon, if at all.  :P

On 2/12/2016 at 11:15 PM, lightfairy287 said:

Be grateful they are doing this. They never intended to make an item to make your costumes transferable to other characters on your account.

I'm not going to be "grateful" that they picked the most money-grabbing way to get costumes to other characters on your account - not when there are perfectly reasonable systems standard in the industry.

On 2/12/2016 at 11:37 PM, Selene said:

They are working on an item, will let us transfer costumes to other chars in our accounts.

Yeah, this is what's called a "Band-aid solution," and it's a dastardly scheme that tricks people into either spending more money or mundane one-track grind. I made a mistake but I don't plan to buy another costume until account-bound costumes become a standard feature.

10 minutes ago, BroZartZ said:

Yeah, this is what's called a "Band-aid solution," and it's a dastardly scheme that tricks people into either spending more money or mundane one-track grind. I made a mistake but I don't plan to buy another costume until account-bound costumes become a standard feature.

pffff doesn't matter to me because the in game costumes are NICE!!!

579515bc-a83a-4c3e-8007-e59da506336b_zps

and you haven't even seen the backside!

costume provided by a friend that ran this level 3 char to the pinchy wheel so I could have a nice costume while leveling since I didn't want to wait bahahaha! (bought 54 ess and got the costume and tail with 9 ess left over)

That's not a cash shop costume, though. We are talking about payting real money for a cash shop outfit, and then paying YET AGAIN to move it to another character. We don't know yet if it will be a consumable that you need to buy EVERY TIME you want to move the outfit to another character. We also don't know the cost of the consumable. But whatever it is it will be ON TOP of whatever you paid for the costume. Unlike Rift, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar or other games that use a wardrobe system. In those games you buy the costume once at 10 dollars, and then you can use it on EVERY CHARACTER ON THE ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY FURTHER COSTS TO YOU.

But sure, let's go ahead and say it doesn't matter because the outfits are nicely designed and show our character's bottoms. Very reasonable!

Imagine if reality worked like that. Imagine if you couldn't give your old clothes to your younger siblings until you bought a special one-time permit from the manufacturer. Now add to that that the manufacturer incurs NO COSTS for replicating the shirts they sell, and that they have INIFINITE stock of them. But they still sell you the shirt and the permit separately. Does that sound reasonable to anyone?

Oh, but it's a nice shirt, so it's fine! I guess.

5 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

That's not a cash shop costume, though. We are talking about payting real money for a cash shop outfit, and then paying YET AGAIN to move it to another character. We don't know yet if it will be a consumable that you need to buy EVERY TIME you want to move the outfit to another character. We also don't know the cost of the consumable. But whatever it is it will be ON TOP of whatever you paid for the costume. Unlike Rift, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar or other games that use a wardrobe system. In those games you buy the costume once at 10 dollars, and then you can use it on EVERY CHARACTER ON THE ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY FURTHER COSTS TO YOU.

But sure, let's go ahead and say it doesn't matter because the outfits are nicely designed and show our character's bottoms. Very reasonable!

Imagine if reality worked like that. Imagine if you couldn't give your old clothes to your younger siblings until you bought a special one-time permit from the manufacturer. Now add to that that the manufacturer incurs NO COSTS for replicating the shirts they sell, and that they have INIFINITE stock of them. But they still sell you the shirt and the permit separately. Does that sound reasonable to anyone?

Oh, but it's a nice shirt, so it's fine! I guess.

eeerm I guess u didn't read the post it says "pffff doesn't matter to me because the in game costumes are NICE!!! " meaning the costumes you DON'T have to pay for look just as good and even better than the ones you do.... sheeze read kid....

point is don't like it don't pay for them there are a ton of costumes that look just as good... maybe they will fix it one day maybe they won't but either way it won't keep me from playing the game unless they lock away the in game costumes as well...take a chill pill holy crap LOL XD

as for your "real life" example doesn't really relate to me as my family didn't have money trouble sooooo we just bought clothes... soooooo I guess if you want to relate that to in game my family just bought outfits (clothes) for each character (kid) we didn't have account bound outfits (hand me downs)

Not every costume costs $15-20 though? There's a few race specific that are fairly cheap. Ofc they're going to price limited time/nice looking costumes higher than ones that'll be in the shop forever/race specific/not as sought after.

Also not EVERY game binds costumes/gear to your character, a LOT of games actually do the opposite and allow you to trade/sell it freely between characters and players. It is only recently that you need to buy sealing/unsealing charms in order to unbind/obtain items to use on your characters. It's sad when a P2W game like PWI has more features without a subscription than a newer game with a sub that is suppose to be P4C. A company that make syou pay for more char slots shouldn't punish you for wanting costumes on other characters.

48 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

-snip-

costume provided by a friend that ran this level 3 char to the pinchy wheel so I could have a nice costume while leveling since I didn't want to wait bahahaha! (bought 54 ess and got the costume and tail with 9 ess left over)

What? What does this have to do with what I just said lol? . The point is, we shouldn't have to rely on an item to share our costumes with our other characters. It should be a standard feature already. Also, I'm pretty sure everyone has that costume by now :P

1 minute ago, BroZartZ said:

What? What does this have to do with what I just said lol? . The point is, we shouldn't have to rely on an item to share our costumes with our other characters. It should be a standard feature already. Also, I'm pretty sure everyone has that costume by now :P

The point is that you can get costumes in game that look just as good....so if you don't agree with how they have it don't buy them if enough people do that something might change, but don't count on it from the amount of paid costumes I see..... anyways don't let something stupid like a costume make you upset about a game when there are a ton in game that look just as good...that is my point

well duhh everyone has it I have it on 4 chars lol wasn't the point.

1 hour ago, Puppy Pie said:

-snip-

Well your point is subjective as I'm sure there are many people who don't agree with you (Especially with the mention of in-game costumes looking as good as the paid ones). Costumes and other vanity are huge selling points of Asian MMO's because of how awesome the art is... so it's a pretty big deal and worth getting "Upset" over (Not that I'm not upset over it,  I'm merely voicing my opinion on character-bound items from the store). Furthermore, you're shutting down a completely reasonable opinion, to which in defending the current system, does not help the situation. With that said, companies continue to get away with band-aid solutions and the MMO business models are getting worse for every new generation of online games.

9 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

The point is that you can get costumes in game that look just as good....so if you don't agree with how they have it don't buy them if enough people do that something might change, but don't count on it from the amount of paid costumes I see..... anyways don't let something stupid like a costume make you upset about a game when there are a ton in game that look just as good...that is my point

well duhh everyone has it I have it on 4 chars lol wasn't the point.

The fact that you can get alternate lootable costumes is irrelevant. This is subjective anyways, there are costumes in the store and loot tables that I like.

What if people want to move a limited edition costume to a new character? Especially when Warlock gets introduced.

You don't have anything to lose by NC making costumes transferable. NC can realize more potential sales when people no longer have to worry about a costume being locked to one character. Besides, people will still have to buy multiple costume copies if they want their characters wearing the same thing simultaneously.

4 minutes ago, sanders said:

Um.. Isn't that the same in TERA?  costumes bound when equip to character.  

Just because TERA does it, doesn't make it the industry standard or right. Remember, facts and circumstances are different in each case, and the demand here is high enough for AB wardrobe/costumes.

On 2/12/2016 at 11:03 PM, chinmi said:

most costumes in other games were also bound to a char when you use it on them.

tera for example, when you use a costume on a char, the costume bind to that char, and you have to buy again for other char

so i don't think a bind on char costumes is bad on this game. most games designed it that way, people were just cheap sometimes.

sigh...

True but look at the price difference most if not all of tera costumes are between 10-15 US dollars (the $15 ones being the bundles) now look at BnS costumes/bundles $15-$25 for a one time use.  

2 hours ago, Puppy Pie said:

ummm sorry but costumes you grind for need to stay char bound...

bought costumes diff story

I have to disagree.  Costumes you obtain via quests need to stay character bound, but I'd be inclined to argue outfits you grind for (particularly wheel outfits) should be account wide.

Most sane people don't think grinding is particularly fun.  Forcing me to grind multiple times to get the outfit(s) I like isn't going to keep me playing, it's gonna to cause me to go play some other game.

28 minutes ago, GnatB said:

I have to disagree.  Costumes you obtain via quests need to stay character bound, but I'd be inclined to argue outfits you grind for (particularly wheel outfits) should be account wide.

Most sane people don't think grinding is particularly fun.  Forcing me to grind multiple times to get the outfit(s) I like isn't going to keep me playing, it's gonna to cause me to go play some other game.

It's a new concept, but modern mmopergers are starting to realize forcing players to reacquire cosmetics on all of their characters is pretty stupid and can even be counterproductive as those players end up getting pissed off when they realize they've literally wasted fifty hours of their lives grinding for three copies of some costume and quit.  In Destiny, all cosmetic items, once acquired, are unlocked account wide and can be duplicated as many times as you desire.

Unfortunately, it appears Korean devs / publishers willfully remain in the primitive, knuckle-dragging, prehistoric age of gaming.

The bottom line is this:  NCSoft, Nexon and about every other non-Japanese, Asian game dev / publisher have terrible reputations in the west because of their anti-consumer policies, antiquated and obsolete mentality and shit support ( look at these forums for god's sake; you can't even stay logged in for longer than a minute ).  They will continue to be third and second string businesses until they adapt to the current reality.  If you really want to succeed, push them to be better, because right now, they are obsolete.  Do we even have to start talking about Aeria, that STD-laden, dumpster tier, dogshit?  These guys group right in with Zygna, and how's Zygna doing?  Maybe Zygna shouldn't have focused on the western audience and moved east.

i think they should do that the wardrobe is shared on all the acc so you can just take in a suit in there and any of the another char can pick it out

cuz i think that 1 costum in the market are really expensive for only be used on 1 char only

so i think it should been allowed to make it so you can trade it to another alts

I think the way the costumes work in this game SUCK. 

They cost WAY too much, for starters.  $5-8 is more than enough for a bunch of pixels on a screen that do nothing but make your character aesthetically pleasing to you, and other people.  $25 for ONE outfit, for ONE character, is insane.  You should be able to share outfits on your account with your other characters, freely.  It's not good that they're going to charge you for the outfit, then charge you for the sharing, as well.

Guild Wars 2 (also known as Fashion Wars by people who play it regularly) has a free account wardrobe space for all the costumes and bits of gear like glasses and earmuffs that you buy to go, that you can put on ANY character on your account, at any time.  Multiple characters with the same outfit are fine, once its in your wardrobe, if you want every character you have to wear it at the same time, that's fine.  I do NOT mind buying outfits and makeover kits for this game, because I can use them on any character I want once I have them.  Have the makeover kit on a character you decide not to make over?  Put it in the bank, and pick it up with the character that needs new hair or face or whatever.  I will spend more money on GW2 fashion than I will ever spend on Blade and Soul fashion, even though the fashion in Blade and Soul looks a lot better to me, because the VALUE I get is less.  If I want all my characters to wear the same outfit, I have to spend $25 x however many characters I end up with.  Not a good way to do business.  They would get a lot more money if outfits could be shared, and traded among different people or on the Marketplace.  A LOT more people would buy outfits in greater quantity if they lowered the price and introduced sharing of both types.

1 hour ago, Lunaus said:

It's sad when a P2W game like PWI has more features without a subscription than a newer game with a sub that is suppose to be P4C. A company that make syou pay for more char slots shouldn't punish you for wanting costumes on other characters.

Precisely, that garbage game requires any new player to spend over 5000 dollars or farm for over 3 years to compete in pvp (which would be outdated farmed gear by then). They have the liberty of tradable fashion because they are extremely P2W, something that killed that game.  Same goes for a lot of other games that have fashion that is tradable or account bound, they are Pay2Win.

Unless anyone has their sales data on badly their costume sales are doing, nobody here has an argument with a leg to stand on.

7 minutes ago, Hurk said:

Precisely, that garbage game requires any new player to spend over 5000 dollars or farm for over 3 years to compete in pvp (which would be outdated farmed gear by then). They have the liberty of tradable fashion because they are extremely P2W, something that killed that game.  Same goes for a lot of other games that have fashion that is tradable or account bound, they are Pay2Win.

Unless anyone has their sales data on badly their costume sales are doing, nobody here has an argument with a leg to stand on.

Hey man I spent over a grand in that game on RNG boxes and got to Lvl 81? LOL! I enjoyed the fashion aspect of the game as well as the PvP, oh the Pvp in PWI was good for my first MMO. Can't say anything has yet to compare to it, or the community! But back on topic, on top of being about to freely trade/sell costumes (and even have an account bound wardrobe) you could also dye every piece! From Hair, Accessories, Outfit, to Shoes! And I believe there was a rare rainbow dye that allowed you to fine tune the colors or you could buy the exact color after using the preview button to see how it would look on any outfit! We don't even have dye, let alone the ability to mix/match most in-game costume pieces. (No pichy's tail w/o outfit, no lycan tail w/o outfit, etc).

Archived