cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

Just now, CynicalFyre said:

Eh, I play Assassin, summoner is a hard counter to me since they just spam sunflower and sit in burrs if I stealth. I'm going to call them OP until they cart me away.

It's just how the game works assassins are mainly a very easy opponent for summoners and a really hard match for most assassins especially if they don't understand the opponents skills. Other classes have hard and easy match ups as well this isn't the only case.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CynicalFyre said:

Eh, I play Assassin, summoner is a hard counter to me since they just spam sunflower and sit in burrs if I stealth. I'm going to call them OP until they cart me away.

Perhaps you have to learn your class then? Summoner has a low skill ceiling and most of them won't go past the low bracket in PvP, once you break out of that bracket you wont see many summoners, and for a good reason, because at higher skill level good PvPers know how to counter them.

1 minute ago, Alukah said:

Perhaps you have to learn your class then? Summoner has a low skill ceiling and most of them won't go past the low bracket in PvP, once you break out of that bracket you wont see many summoners, and for a good reason, because at higher skill level good PvPers know how to counter them.

I have my ways around them, I don't lose to summoner that much, it's just a painful fight and exceptionally boring when every third fight in arena is a summoner.

19 minutes ago, CynicalFyre said:

You had it coming anyway, I don't see the issue. Summoner was just an objectively better class both in PvE and PvP. I'd argue it still is when it comes to PvP

HAHAHAHA you clearly have not been to pvp or just salty that you got wiped on the floor with a low skill summoner. 

11 hours ago, Crimsonjr said:

Yes. Lets Un-nerf an already OP Class lol

This Summoner isn't an op class...might be harsh to say it, but simply get better lol. I've faced plenty of people who knew what they were doing against me. Only thing I can say is that, yes, it is a class easier to play compared to KFM but its not "op". 

I never played the Destroyer, but that spin? Immune to stuns/daze/knockback? AND can get out of snare? Only viable CC I have is my Cat's knockdown ability which isnt even guaranteed to hit cause a good player will always move around fast enough to avoid it. I have my 4, so what? Once that's gone, Im 8 seconds open. More than enough time for Deso to either rek me, or my cat. 

KFM just cracks my Cat's neck and there ya go, unconscious for a looooooong 30 seconds. All KFM needs to do is get my escapes off and literally one CC from KFM will cost me the round, or even the game. 

BD? Same as Deso. Immune to daze/stun/knockback AND removes snare. MY snare is 24 seconds CD. PLENTY of time to kill me. 

Assassin? Cant say much about it, I havent faced any solid assassin yet. Invis is hella annoying.

FM? Freezes my cat. Freezes me. 

Its not "OP".

You just suck.

6 minutes ago, Rhokdelar180 said:

HAHAHAHA you clearly have not been to pvp or just salty that you got wiped on the floor with a low skill summoner. 

Well I'm less salty, more midly miffed that I have to be a lot better than the summoner to stand a chance. But that's what the game's become right now. A strange rock-paper-scissors hierarchy of class power, With summoners at the top and BM at the bottom.

1 minute ago, CynicalFyre said:

Well I'm less salty, more midly miffed that I have to be a lot better than the summoner to stand a chance. But that's what the game's become right now. A strange rock-paper-scissors hierarchy of class power, With summoners at the top and BM at the bottom.

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

How about you make a summoner and then tell me whats op in it?

Seriously....if you really cant beat a summoner stop pvping....its so damn easy to beat em just use your mind and think for a minute and its a done deal. Not to mention 90% of summoner out there are trash in PVP anyway.

3 minutes ago, CynicalFyre said:

That's the issue that most players face, it's mostly because summoners are new player stompers, they absolutely wreck anyone who doesn't understand their abilities, but at higher tiers when people actually understand what they are facing they are trash tier since it's so easy to see their abilities from a mile away if you pay attention, it all comes down to your own personal skill level i'm sorry to say, not trying to insult you or anything but that's just how they are from my personal experience.

This is going way too off topic, this thread has become a pvp summoner discussion that's not what we're here for, i would personally really like an answer from some ncsoft representative stating whether this is an actual stealth nerf to doom n bloom and the cat taunt or truly a bug.

14 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

How about you make a summoner and then tell me whats op in it?

Seriously....if you really cant beat a summoner stop pvping....its so damn easy to beat em just use your mind and think for a minute and its a done deal. Not to mention 90% of summoner out there are trash in PVP anyway.

Read my posts, I can beat summoners. And I'm not going to say they have particular skills that make them overpowered, it's mostly since they don't need to manage defence at all since the cat will interrupt anyone who stunlocks them. But since you seem to be looking for some good ol' salt. I'll give you a list of skills I personally find really annoying.

Doom & Bloom: Good CD, very spammable, cant be avoided(Iframing it doesn't work, only blocks the first tick), you see most summoners mashing the shit out of this button 24/7 basically means that sin has to either save backroll>lightning stride for that exacty ability or get *cricket*ed.

Chestnut burrs: "I'm going to put this field down and stand in it whenever you stealth, have fun breaking your stealth trying to get at me". Pretty much forces me to run away and leave combat to reset stealth.

Sunflower: DPS, breaks stealth. I don't think it's OP, but I do find it annoying. and the damage is crazy if you're grappled.

Dandelion specced to invis cat: Put this up when sin stealths, and they have to wait to hit you or the cat since they cant reset on either of you, it lasts long enough that they'll lose stealth waiting to hit you.

That low CD snare bull: I'm not calling the snare OP, but jesus Christ why is it's CD so low.

Cat grapple: Gotta save tab for this. If I ever get caught without it it's just GG, every class has a way to 100-0 but the summoner one is by far the easiest and takes literally nothing to learn.

I don't think the summoner class is omgwtfbbq overpowered, It just takes a very low amount of skill to play at a decent level. Sure the tradeoff is a low skill ceiling but that doesn't apply in the current version, Since a lot of the skills that Assassin relies on to manage summoners aren't in this patch (legendary decoy where are you, I need you ;-;)

Edit: Oh right, almost forgot

The skill that takes 20% of your familiar's HP and gives it to you: "MY PET IS A SECOND HP POOL"

5 minutes ago, CynicalFyre said:

Read my posts, I can beat summoners. And I'm not going to say they have particular skills that make them overpowered, it's mostly since they don't need to manage defence at all since the cat will interrupt anyone who stunlocks them. But since you seem to be looking for some good ol' salt. I'll give you a list of skills I personally find really annoying.

Doom & Bloom: Good CD, very spammable, cant be avoided(Iframing it doesn't work, only blocks the first tick), you see most summoners mashing the shit out of this button 24/7 basically means that sin has to either save backroll>lightning stride for that exacty ability or get *cricket*ed.

Chestnut burrs: "I'm going to put this field down and stand in it whenever you stealth, have fun breaking your stealth trying to get at me". Pretty much forces me to run away and leave combat to reset stealth.

Sunflower: DPS, breaks stealth. I don't think it's OP, but I do find it annoying. and the damage is crazy if you're grappled.

Dandelion specced to invis cat: Put this up when sin stealths, and they have to wait to hit you or the cat since they cant reset on either of you, it lasts long enough that they'll lose stealth waiting to hit you.

That low CD snare bull: I'm not calling the snare OP, but jesus Christ why is it's CD so low.

Cat grapple: Gotta save tab for this. If I ever get caught without it it's just GG, every class has a way to 100-0 but the summoner one is by far the easiest and takes literally nothing to learn.

I don't think the summoner class is omgwtfbbq overpowered, It just takes a very low amount of skill to play at a decent level. Sure the tradeoff is a low skill ceiling but that doesn't apply in the current version, Since a lot of the skills that Assassin relies on to manage summoners aren't in this patch (legendary decoy where are you, I need you ;-;)

Now this is a far better answer than before :)

Anyways:

Doom and Bloom - it actually is avoidable, but you really need to time that iframe right which is very difficult.

Sunflower - It can be annoying but here is a tip: the summoner needs to face you to use it :)

Snare - Its not that it has a short cooldown, it can be specced to reset cd each time Dandelion sucessfully counters an attack

Its just finding ways around it :)

46 minutes ago, Alukah said:

Yeah people are missing the point, again it's just salty pvpers who don't know how to properly play their class or salty blackwyrm/ogre farmers.

The problem is that this was an undocumented change, and that it often lasts less than the 8 seconds it's supposed to last.

And for the KFM/BM bitching about not being able to tank: then teach your braindead class mates how to tank, because 90% of all kfm/bm in pretty much any duty are unable to hold aggro for more than a second.

Yeah let me get right on teaching thousands upon thousands of people all over NA and EU how to tank.

Also if you're taunting blackwyrm you're an *cricket* that's killing everyone and if you're perma taunting ogres without recalling your cat so the roar doesn't go off you're doubly an *cricket* that's killing everyone.  In no way does that help anyone, including you.

11 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Doom and Bloom - it actually is avoidable, but you really need to time that iframe right which is very difficult.

If only that were true :/

We sins have a skill called lotus fury, which can be specced to basically become a 4 second iframe, I've been hit with doom&bloom multiple times midway through that skill and it'll block the first few ticks (a visual glitch occurs where the flower doesn't appear, but then it'll pop up on the first tick that isn't iframed).

Anyway, far off topic now.

Summoner needed the cat nerf regardless of if being sneaky, now they have to choose between speccing into tank or dps. Like every other class.

46 minutes ago, Alukah said:

Yeah people are missing the point, again it's just salty pvpers who don't know how to properly play their class or salty blackwyrm/ogre farmers.

The problem is that this was an undocumented change, and that it often lasts less than the 8 seconds it's supposed to last.

And for the KFM/BM bitching about not being able to tank: then teach your braindead class mates how to tank, because 90% of all kfm/bm in pretty much any duty are unable to hold aggro for more than a second.

Now that summoners can't just press a button and take all the aggro, KFM/BM can finally practice  tanking. :) Also calm down with the salt xD KFM/BM have to not only tank but dodge, because not all attacks are blockable/counterable of course a summoner wouldn't know that.

This change on summoners was most likely not intended, or maybe it was ninja nerf. Have we had someone from NCsoft confirm yet?

Also, most people here don't get the issue, its not about summoners being OP (im sorry but they are, you are a mini FM with a tank and hardly ever need to dodge) OR needing a nerf, its that a skill is not working the way the description says it should. 

id say 90% of ppl on this thread complaining about how op summoners are have actually no idea what they talk about. they got pwned in pvp not knowing what to do against it and call it op cuz 2v1 -.- but how to actually counter them? too hard to think about that. Lets just call them op! I am main summoner. I also have noticed this nerf of taunt and Doom on my 1st run mushin. Still did it without dying and tbh i dont give a fck about that taunt nerf. sure its a lil annoying but as some ppl here (10% max) already said it makes us summoners finally think about rotation instead of spamming flower and separates the flood of terribad players.

That being said i am not refusing to believe summoner is not op. It obviously is but for other reasons and the ppl here with max gold ranting on summoners pls l2p or ask some1 else how to beat summoners. Theres ways around flower if you wanna hide lil sins.

Summoners position in PvE is good. imo a lot better than sins for example. But complaining about that is stupid. You wanted to play assassin so play assassin but dont complain about kitty or summoner in general being a lot more viable in pve than you are.

15 minutes ago, CynicalFyre said:

I

Summoner needed the cat nerf regardless of if being sneaky, now they have to choose between speccing into tank or dps. Like every other class.

why to chose tank spec now?thats the question

you all talk about pvp situation.

we need a answer related to a pve situation.

that 8 sec of taunt are just random seconds,duno why but you can lose the agro in that 8 sec wich was not before pach.

simple as that,and sins who can kill a mob from stealth should go out of this topic

15 minutes ago, Reu said:

Now that summoners can't just press a button and take all the aggro, KFM/BM can finally practice  tanking. :) Also calm down with the salt xD KFM/BM have to not only tank but dodge, because not all attacks are blockable/counterable of course a summoner wouldn't know that.

This change on summoners was most likely not intended, or maybe it was ninja nerf. Have we had someone from NCsoft confirm yet?

KFM can learn to tank when he won't have a summoner easy as that.also i know that kfm would love to have some1 else doing this.

i never found some1 in my partys asking me to leet them tank :)))

7 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

Summoner is the girlfriend class. It's what your girlfriend plays because she lacks the mechanical skill required to be good at any other class.

Get your 2 star difficulty rating class out of here. Play a real class.

Let me guess... destroyer?

The most awesome thing is that I dont see anyone crying when I made my cat get aggro in a dungeon and everyone can just dps without thinking.

I did mushin's tower without even dieing, from floor 1 to 7, im ok with the cat losing aggro, but losing it when I dont attack and 2-3 seconds after I just pressed Q, something for me is off.

I would be just fine if we got at least one answer from the staff, "yes it was intended", "no it wasnt intended, is a bug", something, cause right now, we have nothing.

There's nothing in the patch notes and I really hate ninja nerfs. 

The issue is that this isn't a PvP change at all, this has 0 to do with the summoners power in PvP.

In PvE the cat is a huge part of the summoners ability.  It is NOT playing with two characters, its like if you took 1/2 the skills of another class and put them in a pet, same here.  Our tanking, and much of our CC is on that cat.

For the cat to suddenly be unable to hold agro is bad.  We do not get Q and E dodges, and other escapes. 

And at the same time they drastically lowered, or bugged, the heal from Bloom.

Archived