cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

All these people who says summoner are easy mode bla bla bla never notice that Summoner Cats are the BEST TANKS and they literally support the team if the another tank fails.  I have seen multiple times Bms KFM who die and my cat will taunt for them to get away and ress back up.  Our role in the group is meant to be a supportive dps and now with this change our supportive side has dropped. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ikasu said:

Can confirm taunt doesn't work as it should (for me at least, guess it works fine for some?).

I don't care if the cat loses aggro once the cat taunt ends. That's how it should be, and how it was before this patch anyway; DPS took aggro from a cat tank if it wasn't taunting. But if the skill says "Taunt for 8 seconds" then it should taunt for 8 seconds, not 12, not 3.

As for Summoner = 2 people... No.

but who said that before was 12 sec taunt?before the pach the cat was losin agro after 8 sec.

now the cat lose agro faster,before the 8 sec.thats the problem

1 minute ago, Dowra said:

You are aware that most summoners play more than one class right? Its not like we arent aware what its like to play as 2 or more classes.  I doubt you meant to come off as patronizing but, its not like its hard to max out a class and just move onto the next.

Its simplly a topic about undocumented change.  Not a complaint of difficulty.

But there are so many complaints, and I meant no harm in my statement. I just saw so many smug summoners putting on their swag glasses taunting players about how easy soloing dungeons were. Now there are a few complainers. Not sure if it's nerf, or bug. Trust me, my girlfriend was extremely frustrated earlier about what happened to her cat. I know the complaints, but it's both end. I feel if they wanted to nerf the summoners, at least give them maybe 2 new Iframe moves. Making survivability a bit easier. As i count, i think summoners only haveeee 2? Counting dandelion i guess. If you don't count that, i think it's just their slide. Again i'm just saying, it makes things tricky, sure, but remember that nerfs happen in every game. And it forces everyone to adapt. I want to level a summoner because I love the heck out of the idea of that adorable cat. Even if this is a nerf i still want to. I just hope a whole parade of people don't start with the "Qutting" nonsense because they feel something got messed up. It is pretty crappy of NC to sneak in a nerf like that and not say crap. Their customer service and attitude since launch has been unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, Bcl said:

but who said that before was 12 sec taunt?before the pach the cat was losin agro after 8 sec.

now the cat lose agro faster,before the 8 sec.thats the problem

10 minutes ago, Ikasu said:

That's how it should be, and how it was before this patch anyway; DPS took aggro from a cat tank if it wasn't taunting. But if the skill says "Taunt for 8 seconds" then it should taunt for 8 seconds, not 12, not 3.

I don't mind adapting to the nerfs since they've encouraged me to multitask a lot more carefully, but a heads up would've been nice. Was not a pleasant feeling to discover my cat's taunts were suddenly slippery while fighting a boss. My poor weapon durability... x___x'

1 minute ago, Shorsh said:

I HOPE there are no assassin's in here talking crap while they can stay stealth-ed the whole time :)

Until 50, all assassins at this point are kinda smuggy. I've met a couple cool ones, but most of them seem to have this odd ego going on. I got jumped by one once while i was respecing. it was funny, i closed the tab calmly, shot off 1 sunder in his direction and pulled him out of stealth. Pursued to CC him until he was at 20% HP and mashing all his escapes, grabbed him with my phantom grip, threw him off a nerby ledge, called him annoying and spared his pathetic life :D

9 hours ago, Bazroz said:

funny thing cause whenever a summoner is in a party for dungeons 9/10 times the cat is the one doing the tanking, yet everyone is complaining that when soloing the summoner is "op" but when in a party the summoner is a god send ,much hypocrisy

Naw it actually pisses me off when summoners won't stop taunting with their cat.  As a KFM I rely on a boss focusing me with their attacks to do my damage.  PLEASE STOP TAUNTING THE DAMN BOSS WITH YOUR CAT.

1 hour ago, Bazroz said:

yknow whats funny, you won't be saying that when you run dungeons and the summoners cats can't be the main tank anymore(cause news flash summoners pets are the best tanks there are and the summoner itself has one of the best heals at a decent rate possible) all of you summoner haters are just butt hurt that we have it slightly easier(the cat does basically no dps at all and most of its cc's don't work on the bosses so cross those off as well)

News flash - cats are not the best tanks because A) You're limiting your own damage by not using the cat to dps and B) You're limiting your BM/KFM's damage by not letting them tank.  Also every class is 100% capable of dodging all damage and can rely on their own self heals to get back any health lost from mistakes.

6 minutes ago, Zakaru said:

Naw it actually pisses me off when summoners won't stop taunting with their cat.  As a KFM I rely on a boss focusing me with their attacks to do my damage.  PLEASE STOP TAUNTING THE DAMN BOSS WITH YOUR CAT.

When a KFM or BM ask me to tank.

I tell them no :)

Just switched my cat to less hp , more attack, he still taunts for the damage reduction, just means other party members get to surprise tank and die a lot more often and i do more dps and just look after my own safety.

Coupled with the healing nerf to doom and bloom, parties are liking me even less because i play a summoner.

Well show me a KFM/BM that can hold aggro -.-

I have been in the situation, no matter what dungeon, i end up getting agro from the boss, either it is xserver or poh24 or now nsh... i get aggro. I deal to much damage since i am spect for max damage. So everytime that happens i need to use my cat to keep the agro away from me.

Today NSH i said myself, ok let the kfm tank and don't use the taunt of the cat... guess what happened. Kfm lost agro to me, and me got hit by the boss, i survived this though.

Right now i am leveling a kfm myself among other classes as well.

But seriously, hidden nerfs are a bad thing.

At first i didn't even noticed the nerf when i was doing BSH with my guild but when i tried to do Mushin Tower i noticed that something was really off.

Lol? My cat has no problem keeping aggro and no problem surviving (unless I leave it running around instead of tanking and he takes 100% damage). The aggro skill had shorter duration than its cooldown before the patch. If you can't protect yourself from harm for 4 seconds and readjust so cat is in range to tank again then practice more? It is iffy with certain bosses cause they move towards you too fast and get away from the cat (4m radius of the aggro) and I agree summoners don't have many short cd skills to counter/protect themselves but do you people just want to stand there and do nothing and pew pew from distance while other classes have to constantly move and dodge/counter? Easy mode activated? Like you get points in the damn shield (x button) and next 5 hits HEAL you instead of damaging you. Example: If you messed up and lost some life on the Chef in Supply place her poison breath will fully heal you if you stand in it with that thing on. 

I mean FFS I got obliterated in Mushin 7F(the hardest part of the game btw, it IS supposed to be challenging) and ended up unconscious. Dude went for my cat and my cat did alright while I was recovering chi. Still managed to kill him before he enraged. I have the last profane stages before siren on my stuff and shitty gems so not highest DPS. 

2 minutes ago, CynicalFyre said:

Oh look the summoners are mad because they cant fulfil every single role in the game at the same time.

How tragic.

We're not mad because they nerfed us, we're mad because they stealth nerfed us without saying anything about doom n bloom not healing in aoe anymore or the pet losing aggro randomly before the duration ends.

14 minutes ago, Lorflin said:

Just switched my cat to less hp , more attack, he still taunts for the damage reduction, just means other party members get to surprise tank and die a lot more often and i do more dps and just look after my own safety.

Coupled with the healing nerf to doom and bloom, parties are liking me even less because i play a summoner.

If they die, and what makes you think surprise tanking is a big number.

Just now, Rholith said:

We're not mad because they nerfed us, we're mad because they stealth nerfed us without saying anything about doom n bloom not healing in aoe anymore or the pet losing aggro randomly before the duration ends.

You had it coming anyway, I don't see the issue. Summoner was just an objectively better class both in PvE and PvP. I'd argue it still is when it comes to PvP

4 minutes ago, Maszrum said:

Lol? My cat has no problem keeping aggro and no problem surviving (unless I leave it running around instead of tanking and he takes 100% damage). The aggro skill had shorter duration than its cooldown before the patch. If you can't protect yourself from harm for 4 seconds and readjust so cat is in range to tank again then practice more? It is iffy with certain bosses cause they move towards you too fast and get away from the cat (4m radius of the aggro) and I agree summoners don't have many short cd skills to counter/protect themselves but do you people just want to stand there and do nothing and pew pew from distance while other classes have to constantly move and dodge/counter? Easy mode activated? Like you get points in the damn shield (x button) and next 5 hits HEAL you instead of damaging you. Example: If you messed up and lost some life on the Chef in Supply place her poison breath will fully heal you if you stand in it with that thing on. 

I mean FFS I got obliterated in Mushin 7F(the hardest part of the game btw, it IS supposed to be challenging) and ended up unconscious. Dude went for my cat and my cat did alright while I was recovering chi. Still managed to kill him before he enraged. I have the last profane stages before siren on my stuff and shitty gems so not highest DPS. 

Mushin is faceroll. And quite frankly I don't mind the taunt duration nerf. What annoys me is that the taunt doesn't work 100% of the time when it's supposed to. Still, it's fun to learn a bit different playstyle where I don't just have to stand still and spam flower power :D

4 minutes ago, Drklf said:

Mushin is faceroll. And quite frankly I don't mind the taunt duration nerf. What annoys me is that the taunt doesn't work 100% of the time when it's supposed to. Still, it's fun to learn a bit different playstyle where I don't just have to stand still and spam flower power :D

I guess I see where you're coming from and do realize it can be annoying to have to readjust. :) 

Just saying I personally didn't notice that much difference. 

Yeah people are missing the point, again it's just salty pvpers who don't know how to properly play their class or salty blackwyrm/ogre farmers.

The problem is that this was an undocumented change, and that it often lasts less than the 8 seconds it's supposed to last.

And for the KFM/BM bitching about not being able to tank: then teach your braindead class mates how to tank, because 90% of all kfm/bm in pretty much any duty are unable to hold aggro for more than a second.

6 minutes ago, CynicalFyre said:

You had it coming anyway, I don't see the issue. Summoner was just an objectively better class both in PvE and PvP. I'd argue it still is when it comes to PvP

While they are extremely powerful in pve still and were disgustingly powerful before that's not the issue, it's the complete backwards way they implemented this by not informing anyone at all and in terms of pvp they're only great in the lower brackets up against top tiered players they are very easy to read and not much of a threat unless the opponent screws up.

1 minute ago, Rholith said:

While they are extremely powerful in pve still and were disgustingly powerful before that's not the issue, it's the complete backwards way they implemented this by not informing anyone at all and in terms of pvp they're only great in the lower brackets up against top tiered players they are very easy to read and not much of a threat unless the opponent screws up.

Eh, I play Assassin, summoner is a hard counter to me since they just spam sunflower and sit in burrs if I stealth. I'm going to call them OP until they cart me away. And they were likely just trying to avoid backlash from the huge summoner community in this game, since like 40% of players are summoners.

Archived