cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

This nerf is definitely a weak decission.

What you retarded people, that show happiness that the cat taunt/tank of summoners got nerfed, forget is, that the summoner has the lowest amounts of block/iframe abilities amongst all other classes.

SS iframe, cat shield which lasts for 5 seconds but has a 20 second cd and dendlion which helps you with yellow indicators but not with red hits also the fact that the bosses tend to see you invisible. i do not count the petals because they are only working for ranged attacks.

So having the cat taunt and keeping the aggro of the boss you are facing as a summoner, helps the summoner survive and kill the boss, thats what the cat is intended to do in its tank spec. How much is a tank worth that looses his aggro once his taunts end in other games like WOW, Aion or whatever game, you name it here. Right, that tank is worhtless and will not taken into any party until he learned how to *cricket*ing play his class as a tank.

Edit: Btw. the cat is not a party Member, a human player that can react to certain situations etc. Its a fking npc that the summoner can control to some extend. Don't tell us summoners to work with our cat like a "party/team" would do... lol

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redmonster said:

You just listed two "wholes" though. As in, the way every other party needs to work -- someone tanks and someone else ranged does the constant DPS.

you see them as 2 "wholes" because you have not even played it up to 45 i bet , for us who have we can firmly say they compliment each other like the strongest spear and the strongest shield, the "whole" you speak of is split into 2 halves that the person has to maintain at the exact same time splitting our thoughts between the cat and the character. as i stated they are 2 halves of a whole.

Just now, Bazroz said:

you see them as 2 "wholes" because you have not even played it up to 45 i bet , for us who have we can firmly say they compliment each other like the strongest spear and the strongest shield, the "whole" you speak of is split into 2 halves that the person has to maintain at the exact same time splitting our thoughts between the cat and the character. as i stated they are 2 halves of a whole.

You mean the same way every single class has to manage their defense with their offense? You guys are mad that you can't EASILY solo bosses as a DPS mage. That's ridiculous, and the reason nobody agrees except "summoners who are lvl 45" is because you want to maintain your easy play. Who's the tank for a FM? Who's the constant ranged DPS pet for a BM or KFM whos blocking and dodging every attack from the boss and mobs? No other class gets to have two roles going at all times without worrying about getting killed in a second. Having the cat take aggro and spamming damage on a boss is not nearly as much "maintaining" as any other class needs to SOLO.

The solution is to party up with a tank, or play at the same level of difficulty as every other class. The solo tower is not supposed to be easy and plenty of summoners in THIS thread have said they know how to work around it because they didn't rely on the easymode cat anyway.

You mean the same way every single class has to manage their defense with their offense? You guys are mad that you can't EASILY solo bosses as a DPS mage. That's ridiculous, and the reason nobody agrees except "summoners who are lvl 45" is because you want to maintain your easy play. Who's the tank for a FM? Who's the constant ranged DPS pet for a BM or KFM whos blocking and dodging every attack from the boss and mobs? No other class gets to have two roles going at all times without worrying about getting killed in a second. Having the cat take aggro and spamming damage on a boss is not nearly as much "maintaining" as any other class needs to SOLO.

The solution is to party up with a tank, or play at the same level of difficulty as every other class. The solo tower is not supposed to be easy and plenty of summoners in THIS thread have said they know how to work around it because they didn't rely on the easymode cat anyway.

by your own words "plenty of summoners in this thread have said they know how to work around it" me being one of them, that isn't the point i am trying to get through your head. Summoner is a class where you have to split your mind to maintain 2 different characters the cat and the main body, the other classes you only have to focus on controlling a single character. And to your "easy solo" 45 and up bosses are alot harder to "solo" than you think because of the giant rise in health and dmg and introduction of rage meters

I'm having the same issue with Junghado, my cats initial taunt works fine, i'll hit Junghado 4-5 times and he switches straight to me then he pretty much ignores my cat for the rest of the fight. Even if i seed shroud he heads toward the cat when i stealth then charges me as soon as seed shroud wears off, it's utter bullshit.

Just now, Samyaza said:

Honestly can do 1-7 in 15 minutes, what's the problem and yes yo ucan dandellion red attacks.

some not all, most of the red attacks can only be shrouded using enhanced shroud and not the initial ones

and me i blocked to the augerite , because i don't have enough attack .

Yeah i thought something was not right hen i see everybody target me , and not my cat in mushin tower , even tough i don't attack the boss .

More hard to do , personnally i understand partially the hate for summ .

1 minute ago, Samyaza said:

Yes that's what I am talking about... It is easy.

what seems easy to some, can be hard to others, so don't think just cause it comes easy to you it will be the same with others common misconception

Yeah I kind of felt the change too. It seems like the cat ONLY holds aggro during the crouching tiger animation now, after that the boss instantly switches back to the summoner, which really isn't a big issue for big fat and slow bosses but against Junghado its certainly a pain since he moves back and forth from the taunt's range and switches aggro to the player all the time...

3 minutes ago, Aiu said:

can someone tell me what is the real class that do the tank & keeping agro? so when he/she cannot do his job i can blame him so hard 

funny thing cause whenever a summoner is in a party for dungeons 9/10 times the cat is the one doing the tanking, yet everyone is complaining that when soloing the summoner is "op" but when in a party the summoner is a god send ,much hypocrisy

Just now, Engete said:

apparently NC want us to try the left path of the tiger crouch... ~~

so they want us to just turn our cat into a focus generator which honestly is not really appealing when you have to move around so much as a summoner to dodge attacks and not stand in 1 place

5 minutes ago, Bazroz said:

by your own words "plenty of summoners in this thread have said they know how to work around it" me being one of them, that isn't the point i am trying to get through your head. Summoner is a class where you have to split your mind to maintain 2 different characters the cat and the main body, the other classes you only have to focus on controlling a single character. And to your "easy solo" 45 and up bosses are alot harder to "solo" than you think because of the giant rise in health and dmg and introduction of rage meters

The reason it's a waste of breath is because what YOU don't get is that every other class has the exact same level of difficulty, because you have to manage your defense and offense or you DIE because there is no other character tanking for you. But I notice you glossed over all of that to feel sorry for yourself some more, so, have on with the croc tears I guess. You can solo any dungeon with summoner at much lower levels than any other class. You can get gold rank in PvP at lvl ~20 with summoner. It's a joke how easy your class is and I'm sorry that you believe that hitting "take aggro" on your cat and then having to struggle switching to doing damage with your mage is more difficult than everyone else managing both roles alone. I hope you feel better soon.

The reason it's a waste of breath is because what YOU don't get is that every other class has the exact same level of difficulty, because you have to manage your defense and offense or you DIE because there is no other character tanking for you. But I notice you glossed over all of that to feel sorry for yourself some more, so, have on with the croc tears I guess. You can solo any dungeon with summoner at much lower levels than any other class. You can get gold rank in PvP at lvl ~20 with summoner. It's a joke how easy your class is and I'm sorry that you believe that hitting "take aggro" on your cat and then having to struggle switching to doing damage with your mage is more difficult than everyone else managing both roles alone. I hope you feel better soon.

don't worry, when warlock comes out we'll hear from you again about how broken warlock is(which it is more so than summoner from all the posts and research i have done to prepare for it)

1 minute ago, Bazroz said:

don't worry, when warlock comes out we'll hear from you again about how broken warlock is(which it is more so than summoner from all the posts and research i have done to prepare for it)

Oh man, when Warlock comes out.. people are gonna be in for a world of hurt lol. But yeah, the current summoner "change" is odd. Still working around it. It's one thing to nerf a skill, it's another to break it. It seems taunt doesn't work at all once the enemy breaks from cat. 

Just now, LuckyAbrams said:

Oh man, when Warlock comes out.. people are gonna be in for a world of hurt lol. But yeah, the current summoner "change" is odd. Still working around it. It's one thing to nerf a skill, it's another to break it. It seems taunt doesn't work at all once the enemy breaks from cat. 

yea, from everything i have tried once it loses from the taunt once it just all out ignores it later on

Kind of saw this coming seeing how many players started to run a summoner for that very reason. They did get hit harder than I expected them to but to not think the class, in general, was not going to see some toning down, you were completely oblivious. It was fairly broken out of the gate in direct comparison to the other classes. The difference now is that you actually have to learn how to use your rotations, utilize your entire skill sets & create opportunities for both yourself & your pet instead of just being a tank & spank one man/woman army. I approve of the change. 

I dont care to make a video but like I said I worked around the issue and I had 7th fl boss on my cat the 80% time. It was just boring. Use a lot of E to reset his taunt cd and Seed, a lot.  You just gotta move the cat around and don't take too much damage.

I am a retard, I've been referring to E as Q the whole time LOL.  Edited my other post too. So yes guys, E resets his taunt's global cd, Aleesh! Use it and Q again.

If NCSoft thinks they need to nerf Summoner class then they should Nerf the other classes to. Maybe take away other classes jumping attacks and those flash movement attacks where they can hit you from a long ways away. when game starts nerfing classes is when it starts to wreck the game and makes it where its not fun to play anymore.

1 hour ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

summoner is op in a way i can agree but how will summoners fight junghado with out their cat keeping aggro?

You fight him like any other class... to be honest, I'm kinda disappointed about the cat not being a reliable tank. HOWEVER , doing nothing else but taunt to keep yourself 100% safe and from any type of threatening skills while you just spam sunflower is plan out stupid and I'm a Summoner. You're supposed to taunt when it matters and use your dandelion / SS to make up for the whole 3 sec where your pet can't tank.

That being said, I was wondering if increasing treat as a stat would help the pet but I did not test it out yet.

Archived