cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Arcadian said:

Nope, noticing this right off the bat.  Was in the tower and noticed the pet can no longer hold agro.   I haven't tried elsewhere, but I'm guessing it's part of the tank nerfs they did on the pet during the patch that wasn't in the notes..

it was an unnecessary change >=(

3 minutes ago, Crimsonjr said:

Well compared to the other classes. Summoner I used pretty much one shot everything before the Cat even got close. It's an OP class, all I am saying.

summoner is op in a way i can agree but how will summoners fight junghado with out their cat keeping aggro?

Well I main a Blade Master. So I run around, dodge and evade as much as I can. I don't find skill in a class that requires you to stand still while you do tons of damage on a mob that isn't going to attack you.

You just work around the problem. It's either a nerf or an issue on Ncsoft's end which they havn't noticed.

So we got the expected reduced Rumblebees DPS due to the Hongmoon skills (which is fine) and now we get an unexpected pet nerf that makes us nearly useless while soloing. Yay, Mushin Tower.

I hate how this always happens in games. People complain and instead of doing minor nerfs, they do class breaking nerfs. I love how this doesn't even affect PvP, too.

Tempted to finally create an alt, though I was hoping to wait and save the slot for when Warlock comes out.

before the nerf, Cat taunt lasts 8s (12s cooldown) if you use it, boss will aggro on your pet for 12s, so you can spam that skill to tank n spank boss, ez mode

after the nerf, boss will aggro the summoner as soon as 8s taunt ends, looks like it's working as intended to me

7 minutes ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

summoner is op in a way i can agree but how will summoners fight junghado with out their cat keeping aggro?

Or how about something a tad bit more sensible? Something like "Was about time one class will have to start putting up with a decision, can't have it all."

My taunt seems to be working fine, just dont stand too close to your cat and you wont draw aggro til the 8secs is up, at least that worked for me and i beat the 7th floor boss on my 2nd try cause it killed me in 1 combo on my first try lol..

3 minutes ago, TheRealElvis said:

Or how about something a tad bit more sensible? Something like "Was about time one class will have to start putting up with a decision, can't have it all."

ok then nerf assassin's because their infinite stealth is bull shit and helps them survive or better yet nerf the damn dradles spin to win bullshit that makes destros immune to damage and status effects.

the cat taunting bosses helps us summoners survive.

i can say right now the cat taunt has something up with it, doing floor 6 or floor 7 not even halfway through and the boss targets me instead or even it ignores the taunt all together even when the cat activates it right next to him

4 minutes ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

ok then nerf assassin's because their infinite stealth is bull shit and helps them survive or better yet nerf the damn dradles spin to win bullshit that makes destros immune to damage and status effects.

Then, i guess.... "Nerf BM please!! Why? COS SUMMONER GOT NERFED FOOL!"
635640923184683334.png

Just now, DarkSkyBunny said:

Just like Counter helps KFMs survive, just like Block helps BMs survive. This whole endeavour just seems Summoners are angry their free out-of-trouble card is not suddendly so free anymore.

You wish to PVE with Summoner, treat that pussycat like you'd be in a party and manage your aggro properly. Other classes, especially melee players, have to learn this too. You pull too much, dinga linga lin jingoolistic! You seem to act like other classes don't have to make any sacrifices with their builds, but now that you suddenly have to make one, it's the end of the virtual worlds.

BEHOLD, THE PIXELATED END TIMES ARE NIGH, REPENT REPENT!

this is not much of a nerf as the skill not working as intended, the taunt is supposed to last 8 seconds with a 12 second CD but from what i have done in testing so far is 8/10 times the mobs will forget about the cat after 4-6 seconds and go back after the player, and quite often the bosses just ignore the cat taunt all together, the cat taunt is what helps summoners actually get somewhere in pve we don't have all the escapes or iframe skills as the other classes do, if the cats taunt does not work we are playing only half a class which can't really take a hit

3 minutes ago, Bazroz said:

this is not much of a nerf as the skill not working as intended, the taunt is supposed to last 8 seconds with a 12 second CD but from what i have done in testing so far is 8/10 times the mobs will forget about the cat after 4-6 seconds and go back after the player, and quite often the bosses just ignore the cat taunt all together, the cat taunt is what helps summoners actually get somewhere in pve we don't have all the escapes or iframe skills as the other classes do, if the cats taunt does not work we are playing only half a class which can't really take a hit

thank you, at least theres one person here that actually sees the problem unlike the other nonproductive trollish posts.

Just now, Crimsonjr said:

Summoner is pretty much the same as having two people.

Would you rather have:

Less Taunt on your pet

Reduced stats and Hp on your pet

Less DPS on your Summoner and longer cooldown times

well to say it is 2 people is more to say they are 2 halves of a whole, the cat maintains the aggro while doing very little dps with high health and defense stats, while the summoner has weak hp and def but is the dps. I think of them as the Gemini class one cannot work without the other

Archived