cat tank nerfed

DarkSkyBunny

The Summoners were not suppose to be a tank class, nor their pet.  This doesn't really affect pvp just pve content.  The only thing I see being an issue is regular NPCs going straight for the summoner instead of maintaining on the cat.  What they should do is implement a taunt with a cooldown.  This way they can't really use the cat as a tank in a dungeon run but can use that taunt on regular mobs when leveling or just doing dailies.  Or they could just remove the taunt when a summoner enters a dungeon or fights a boss.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But how does that work? Together makes them a Super class with High Def, Attack, HP, DPS etc etc. 

You either have one of the other. You can't have both... If that was the case then my Blade Master would one hit a level 45 person and enough HP to last a solo fight with the Blackwyrm

Also I see my main question was ignored. I am guessing you would say "I want all of the above to not be nerfed"

Well Im glad this change happened first update. WIth only a month under our belts, it wont be hard getting use to the change. Sucks for summoners sure, but its better than playing for a year, and then suddenly having the change thrown at you.

6 minutes ago, Crimsonjr said:

But how does that work? Together makes them a Super class with High Def, Attack, HP, DPS etc etc. 

You either have one of the other. You can't have both... If that was the case then my Blade Master would one hit a level 45 person and enough HP to last a solo fight with the Blackwyrm

The summoner gets the cat(which note you can choose to not be a tank and have dps but most go with tank) because the summoner in and of itself is really really weak,we don't get many utility moves that help us in close range fights i mean sure we get the dandelion stealth but that doesn't really help as much as people may think against bosses. The cat is there to provide us a way of survivability

Also might i add, while everyone complains about summoner soon as they get one in their team during dungeons they shut up real fast, because the cat can handle all the tanking and the summoner can dish out decent heals at a steady rate

Please don't comment on this topic unless you either 1) Main Summoner or 2) Have a summoner past level 30

Summoner isn't at all the "ez mode" you make it out to be. Try to survive without the cat with just one iframe and no movement skills.

Cat also gets one hit by AoE/combos if you're not paying attention. It's extremely annoying sometimes having to watch and command two halves of yourself.

3 minutes ago, GrieverV said:

Please don't comment on this topic unless you either 1) Main Summoner or 2) Have a summoner past level 30

Summoner isn't at all the "ez mode" you make it out to be. Try to survive without the cat with just one iframe and no movement skills.

Cat also gets one hit by AoE/combos if you're not paying attention. It's extremely annoying sometimes having to watch and command two halves of yourself.

My point exactly people fail to realize just how tough it is to maintain summoner in the end game against bosses that hit like trucks, sure summoners can get hp upward of 30k+ with the moonwater shields but most would go with blackram supply and such for the crit because it combos into our skills best so most of the time we can't take very many hits unlike the other classes that get blocks multiple counters and many iframe skills

First thing I did was Mushin Tower and I immediately noticed this and at first I was like; bullshit when it got me killed a few times.

But then I worked around it, a lot of summoners just spam Q and pet keeps aggro NP, this time you actually have to pay more attention to it.

-let cat tank about 30 seconds and use his attack skills before you go dpsing.

-time when his taunt is going to end and stop/slow your dps

-use E and taunt again. This removes the global CD

-paymore attention to cat, use house cat so he is tankier.

It's not an issue, you will get around it...

and @ Bazroz you can take all the hits you want, use seed shroud /facepalm

Just now, Artifact said:

First thing I did was Mushin Tower and I immediately noticed this and at first I was like; bullshit when it got me killed a few times.

But then I worked around it, a lot of summoners just spam Q and pet keeps aggro NP, this time you actually have to pay more attention to it.

-use Q and taunt again. This removes the global CD

thats fine and all but in boss fights that have rage timers like junghado its kinda impossible to do. tho i did notice that you can still cc junghado with daze and trip but still the taunt is bs.

Just now, Artifact said:

i tried this as well on floor 7, but i noticed that quite more often than not the boss just ignored the taunt all together and focused only on me, usually what i did was taunt and when the taunt ended id knock him over with v then pounce, by then the taunt would be off CD, taunt again, and at the end use hammer to daze knock up and play time, rinse and repeat but for some reason after the first rotation he just ignored my pet entirely

1 minute ago, DarkSkyBunny said:

thats fine and all but in boss fights that have rage timers like junghado its kinda impossible to do. tho i did notice that you can still cc junghado with daze and trip but still the taunt is bs.

I know I almost raged at him when the cat wouldn't keep aggro but Q saved life most of the time and seed shroud. You just have to stop dpsing when the taunt is wearing off. And i had no problem permanently having cat on the bosses before floor 7

2 minutes ago, Artifact said:

and @ Bazroz you can take all the hits you want, use seed shroud /facepalm

That would still be considered a nerf which they did not put in the patch notes (assuming this isn't a bug). Also, Seed Shroud is mostly useless in endgame boss fights due to the fact that bosses see you while stealth and it doesn't protect you against a lot of shit.

1 minute ago, Bazroz said:

i tried this as well on floor 7, but i noticed that quite more often than not the boss just ignored the taunt all together and focused only on me, usually what i did was taunt and when the taunt ended id knock him over with v then pounce, by then the taunt would be off CD, taunt again, and at the end use hammer to daze knock up and play time, rinse and repeat but for some reason after the first rotation he just ignored my pet entirely

Bazroz Good job :) looks like u figure it out mostly. The 7th floor boss is annoying because he can get out of Pet taunt, notice him evading back? Thats when you use Q and call ur pet right next to u and try taunting. Always save Seed for when cat loses agro of him because he will switch to you. Also don't forget you cant dps if the cat doesnt have aggro.. I knock him Down, daze,and  put him unconscious 

1 minute ago, Artifact said:

Bazroz Good job :) looks like u figure it out mostly. The 7th floor boss is annoying because he can get out of Pet taunt, notice him evading back? Thats when you use Q and call ur pet right next to u and try taunting. Always save Seed for when cat loses agro of him because he will switch to you. Also don't forget you cant dps if the cat doesnt have aggro.. I knock him Down, daze,and  put him unconscious 

i tried to put him unconcious as well but i noticed while in the state he recovers hp at about 5% or something every few seconds

1 minute ago, Artifact said:

Seed shroud is not useless vs EndGame bosses, GrieverV. O.o lol

What I meant was that it can't replace pet or an iframe. There's a lot of attacks it can't counter/protect against and while you do take reduced damage while stealth, the usefulness still goes down due to bosses being able to attack you.

well i have the fight figured out mostly, but i guess my main problem is the fact i am unable to dps him fast enough usually he has about 60k health left. Sadly the life of a solo player is a hard one money wise :/ so it is hard to upgrade my wep, i just notice the cat taunt has quite a few quirks to it that are not working as it should

36 minutes ago, Bazroz said:

well to say it is 2 people is more to say they are 2 halves of a whole, the cat maintains the aggro while doing very little dps with high health and defense stats, while the summoner has weak hp and def but is the dps. I think of them as the Gemini class one cannot work without the other

You just listed two "wholes" though. As in, the way every other party needs to work -- someone tanks and someone else ranged does the constant DPS.

Archived