Don't Hate the Beginners TEACH them.

SkyTanFlying

10 minutes ago, Yeoniie said:

Went to a party for a dungeon today with 45s, just one accidental slip and fall off the Poh Ocean and like 3 ppl tried to vote me out for an accidental fall. My friend was kind enough to wait for me, and this guy just kept whacking around saying that we took more than one minute. Pretty rude bunch, we all started somewhere definitely. 

Rude? So when u enter dungeon by exploiting the system using Dokumo weapons and than just leach from others, this is ok and not rude. And when people in PT say that u weak and need to leave thats rude. 

Just before in game one more Dokumo, asked him to leave, called us noobs and boys and yes didnt left.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hitokiri said:

Rude? So when u enter dungeon by exploiting the system using Dokumo weapons and than just leach from others, this is ok and not rude. And when people in PT say that u weak and need to leave thats rude. 

Just before in game one more Dokumo, asked him to leave, called us noobs and boys and yes didnt left.

I wasn't leeching, I'm a 45 myself, and it's my first time in Poharan Dungeon. 

14 minutes ago, Yeoniie said:

I've done them. What I meant was it is my first time encountering some problems in Poharan Dungeon, my bad. I have never had problems with dallies. 

Dont think that am rude to you because last week i encounter too many as..holes in this game. If you had proper gears and the pt wanted to kick you than they were as..holes if you had not a proper gear than u leached. Simple as hell. I have proper gears and not one PT wanted to kick me. 

I play from Korean Beta and i am not a pro. I went to Mushin got to F6 and got owned there by Dokumo. People say roll to get the Piggie. I dont want to roll the Piggie, if a was owned by true sacred beast, i have nothing to do on F7. Need to upgrade gears pass F6 than do F7.

Most people who complain here are 45 lvl lowbies that want to have everything from one hit. All their complains are trash.

1 minute ago, Hitokiri said:

Dont think that am rude to you because last week i encounter too many as..holes in this game. If you had proper gears and the pt wanted to kick you than they were as..holes if you had not a proper gear than u leached. Simple as hell. I have proper gears and not one PT wanted to kick me. 

I play from Korean Beta and i am not a pro. I went to Mushin got to F6 and got owned there by Dokumo. Peopele say roll to get the Piggie. I dont want to roll the Piggie, if a was owned by true sacred beast, i have nothing to do on F7. Need to upgrade gears pass F6 than do F7.

Most people who complain here are 45 lvl lowbies that want to have everything from one hit. All their complains are trash.

I definitely understand, and no I don't think you're rude or anything. It's normal to encounter the people you've described. Basically, I mean to say they wanted to kick me out because I was disconnected for awhile. I definitely will not attempt Poh if I wasn't properly geared. I can see you're not trying to be rude, you're just saying your piece. 

On 2/11/2016 at 10:19 PM, Ryiox said:

I don't hate beginners, but anyone going into a level 45 zone under that level immediately has my distaste. Granted this is completely on NCSoft to fix so I can only really partially blame them.

"Recommended 45". Given how drastic the difference in HP between soul shields is over levels, as a common trend in Blackram Narrows and Tomb of Exiles it should be plainly obvious people expect quality gear.

On 2/11/2016 at 11:52 PM, icyterror said:

Most people expect you to study beforehand not just jumping at it and be a dead-weigh. It's understandable.  How much of a chance would you run into the same person who you teach? Especially when we do those dungeon cross server most of the time...

I'm pretty sure your friends/clans would be more considerate then a total stranger. Not everyone has load of free-time so they wouldn't have the patience to waste time teaching other players so maybe it you who is inconsiderate? 

Eh... I don't think there's not enough reading material on Rising Waters new content yet... Google Search mainly gives copypastes of the announcements.

2 hours ago, Yeoniie said:

Went to a party for a dungeon today with 45s, just one accidental slip and fall off the Poh Ocean and like 3 ppl tried to vote me out for an accidental fall. My friend was kind enough to wait for me, and this guy just kept whacking around saying that we took more than one minute. Pretty rude bunch, we all started somewhere definitely. 

:/ I accidentally fell into the Poh Ocean once because I landed on the railing and failed to react to the fast falling... The community is far too toxic than I initially hoped.

2 hours ago, Hitokiri said:

So u never did Poh 24 dailies just went to Poh 6

You do realize Poh 24 and Poh 6 are mostly different? Just because someone has experience in the easy mode version doesn't necessarily mean they're fully prepared for the coming of normal/hard difficulties.

24 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

You do realize Poh 24 and Poh 6 are mostly different? Just because someone has experience in the easy mode version doesn't necessarily mean they're fully prepared for the coming of normal/hard difficulties.

Different? With what? What boss in Po6 use different attacks than in Po 24? Difference is only in the strength of the bosses nothing more.

No, some enemies have different attacks.

The chef (assassin) summons a second mini boss if you dont kill her fast enough, that and poison mines appear on the sides from time to time and the Forcemaster is locked in a tiny room, making the AoEs more dangerous, and he also summons some adds.

35 minutes ago, Promestein said:

No, some enemies have different attacks.

The chef (assassin) summons a second mini boss if you dont kill her fast enough, that and poison mines appear on the sides from time to time and the Forcemaster is locked in a tiny room, making the AoEs more dangerous, and he also summons some adds.

She summons him and in Po 24. In Po24 many people, they kill her fast. Anyway u need just sleep the minion thats all.

On 2/10/2016 at 1:48 AM, SkyTanFlying said:

There is a lot of post on people who are not geared or seems leeching the dungeon runs and being hated which is normal, I guess :3.

Here is my thought and I am not saying it is absolute:
1. Early stage of launching the game, there are people who do the dungeons for the first time. Everyone will go through being a first time.
2. Rather than bashing them or asking them to leave because they are being carried, how about TEACH them, communicate.
3. Had lots of first run. Pigsty, Skittering and Poh was the hardest because I am with random people, but I told them it's my first time and they carefully and gently instructed me what to do:
a. They wait for me especially in Poh which is very confusing at first.
b. They brief me of the positioning and Boss' attack pattern.
c. They helped me finish everything especially in Poh.

I also do this if I observed there are first timers who are not geared properly or just a bull-rush.
It's more enjoyable paying it forward to others what you've learned.

TL;DR: if there are noobs on a dungeon run, communicate to them and teach them what to do.

This is why I rate ArcheAge with the best mmo community maybe not best mmo but best community in my book by a long shot. They dont scream and shout/ignore noobs. They explain...lead by example, show them what has to be done so next time when there's a major quest that involves multiple people, youll have a higher chance of having more people in your raid that know what theyre doing which means higher success rate which means better drops, faster leveling, more ranks for everyone at the table.

Sure there are few rotten apples in each server but when you look at them, their worth, reputation and what they can offer or do it isn't much, reason is the community has ostracized them so they and their few fellow morons are all they have among them so they either change, stay quiet or feel the wrath. Like i said before, the level headed players have to gain influence before the morons do so that a beneficial status quo will emerge.

10 hours ago, Hitokiri said:

Different? With what? What boss in Po6 use different attacks than in Po 24? Difference is only in the strength of the bosses nothing more.

Supply Chain:

-Slashimi has Ice Crabs in 24, none in 6/4.

-Slashimi doesn't enrage.

-In 24, Tae Jungnam doesn't spawn an add, but starts with one. However its a Grimhorn and not a Destroyer.

-In 24, Tae Jungnam doesn't drop poison mines.

-In 24, Mak Sobo doesn't spawn an add, but starts with one. However its a Snapjaw and not one of his brothers.

Night/Bloodshade Harbor:

-The section with the undead in 24 is not present in 6.

-None of the bosses in 24 have an enrage timer.

-Venom Thrasher doesn't roar.

-Widows don't meditate when they're near dead.

-Hae Mujin doesn't spawn a clone.

i would love helping people if they actually told me they where new at the start of the dungeon and would like some pointers.

But regardless if they are new or not they just run in face first in a random direction and pray that its the right way and that the group has enough AOE.

To kill the mobs before they kill us which usually ends up killing one or two members but they don't stop.

They just keep running and pulling more mobs regardless of them going to wrong way or taking the long way.

And when you ether tell them to stop or that they are going the wrong way or the long way they get pissy and start complaining.

Saying that we are the ones doing it wrong even tho they are clearly running around like a headless chicken.

Or well spinning around like a headless chicken as most of these players tends to play as destroyers for some reason.

Ether way i would love to help if people actually told me and did not run in face first going hurdur spin rofl rofl i have axe an chain pulling half the freaking dungeon.

then complain about it when they ether die or you tell them off.

Being kind of worried of the shitty attitudes I'd likely receive from saying I was a first-timer in any given dungeon, I always just tried to stick as closely as possible to the party at all times and I tried to adapt to new boss fights as quickly as possible. Hell, my first BSH run everyone was already past first dragon pulse by the time I got matched to party and rather than waste their time trying to figure out where to go I just re-queued.

All that said, I have zero problem helping newer players out, as long as they don't rebuff your advice/instructions with shit-talk and bad attitude.

I wont waste my time waiting for people who do not have have wallrun and/or people who pull the whole dungeon because they are to dumb to tell us that they dont know how to skip adds. I usually ask if they know the boss before i start the fight but if someone is dead multiple times within 1 Boss fight i'm not even going to rezz him because im sick of people who are unable to use chat even once. If you ask them why they die so often you usually see "f* you".

That alone is the reason why i recently decidet to just leave groups if they A. Dont have Siren 10 B. Run around with Insignia SS C. Low dps on bosses D. RIP every 10 seconds.

I'm sorry but after wasting 3 hours+ with 2 Characters doing daylies i dont have the time to waste another 2 hours explaining people how the dungeon works. While i'm not in the dungeon people can /w me all day and ask questions but seriously if you're new to the game you gotta get your informations before you enter the dungeon. Every single dungeon has a quick guide on youtube. Every class has a pve and pvp guide aswell. Why do i need to spend hours explaining people how to play the game when they can get the informations by themself within 30 Min?

The questions in the Faction Chat are even more annoying.

Every 20 Seconds people ask what is the best SS / How do i get to Mushin Tower?

Seriously even if i told them what SS shield i use the usual answer is "BUT REDDIT SAID OTHERWISE". I dont give a fk about what reddit said seriously. People there didnt even notice that they are following a guide that is outdated and confirmed as incorrect by the *cricket* Autor himself. Yet people still follow the guide and if you even TRY to explain them why i use another combo they get butthurt almost instantly.

I just dont have the time to deal with such people anymore. I want to play the game but i dont want to be a ingame teacher to everyone.

On 12/2/2559 at 0:06 AM, Zira said:

Am I the only one who sees this as a contradiction?

You expect Player A to use their free-time to study up on how to run the dungeon so that Player B won't have to take a fractionally shorter amount of time to make sure Player A isn't lost and type out a quick "When she dose A do B when she does C do D, stay out of the fire." 

Yes, you are only one who fail to understand simple logic such as this.

In your example, most PlayerA do not ask for help/advice or tell other players that it's their first time doing certain dungeon. For a long azz purple dungeon would you do that for PlayerA also? PlayerB is not PlayerA's friend and he/she get nothing from wasting his time explaining stuffs especially if PlayerA sux so bad and die a lot either way. PlayerB would waste a lot less time if he just find a new pt who already know how to do the dungeon instead of babysit Lazyazz PlayerA that don't even bother looking up guide/vid. 

Basher/Jerkface/Toxic =/= PlayerB. PlayerB simply leave the failed pt without saying anything and find a new pt. 

Forum/FB Group/Reddit exist for a reason. You're free to ask for help there and people would be more willing to help out.

(Find a clan/friends to pt with and stop blaming everyone else but yourself )

22 hours ago, Ninfu said:

Cant teach players who dont tell they're first time in dungeon. If someone is incapable of saying 2 words (first time) when run starts they deserve to get bashed

Yes, you can tell them what to do even if they don't explicitly tell you it's their first time. No, they don't deserve to get bashed if they don't know how to do everything correctly. Even in the case where they disregard any and all advice, they shouldn't be bashed. If the party sucks, leave, shut up, teach and/or carry.

The dungeons are so simple that you can explain every boss in one sentence. So why waste time bashing back and forth instead of typing that one sentence, lol.

Guys, this is pretty much the way it is in most modern MMORPGs. Most of the players are doing it for speedruns. They want a quick run and people with top endgame gear to do that run with. They shouldn't be doing this in Cross-Server though : ), so totally their fault. If anyone gives you grief, say "then don't play cross-server noob" ; )

1 hour ago, Gratus said:

Yes, you can tell them what to do even if they don't explicitly tell you it's their first time. No, they don't deserve to get bashed if they don't know how to do everything correctly. Even in the case where they disregard any and all advice, they shouldn't be bashed. If the party sucks, leave, shut up, teach and/or carry.

The dungeons are so simple that you can explain every boss in one sentence. So why waste time bashing back and forth instead of typing that one sentence, lol.

If player is new to dungeon they've only one job to do and thats let rest of party know that they're new might not know what to do. Thats their only job and if they cant perform as simple task as that they deserve bashing.. After that its my job as expierenced player to tell them tacs quick and go. If they dont open their mouth about being new they dont deserve get head pat and smiles "okayokay its fine just dont do it again"

Im not interested every new dungeon run to start askin dudes anyone first time even then there might be new to dungeon and they dont answer. So if you're new player for the god sake tell your party otherwise you might be uselles douche who ends up wasting everyones time

I have never gotten any help in dungeons, even though I have always stated I was doing (POH or higher, any dungeon below does not really require any special mechanics) the first time. So I usually was lying around the first time at the bosses around watching their patterns and trying to adapt. I mean the attacks showing your space skills are pretty easy to counter/time, but the really tricky ones (multiple hits etc.) are much harder to time (still failing at POH from time to time miss-reading her move and pressing the iframe too early, or simply failed due to latency - pressed in time on client, but server refused to accept evade/iframe). As ranged it's not that easy to read the moves of tiny POH in the pile of teammates. I try to rely on her sentences, but I haven't memorized them all, yet.  :/

On 2/13/2016 at 6:00 AM, Hitokiri said:

In Poh 26 man there is no lever to pull to avoid the AOE freeze yo ccan just run to the vent, I can't tell you how many people did POH 6 man and never knew you had to pull that lever in order to prevent getting frozen.

At the Red stingray boss in 26 man there is 4 crabs that spawn  so  some of us who are not FM (because that AOE party freeze skill they have) can iframe the bosses AOE boiling water. In Poh 6 man If I didn't have an FM in my party I would tell them to leave 1 or both blue stingrays alive so we can iframe his aoe move but they always kill both regardless of my plee which is usually bad if the DPS is low.

It's more than just the strength of the bosses that's different my friend. I also don't mind helping people you would be surprised at how toxic some people are in POH 6 man. I had a nice comfortable run yesterday with a semi expd party and I only had to explain one time to an FM at each boss and omg he/she was  the MVP FM of that entire run.

Well, I tried Poh 4 the other day. I know the fights will be different. But I didn't expect the attack warnings to be off, I didn't use my ice shield/frost sheath in time, and unless I use q/e, 2nd row of skills don't show up for FMs after a while if no target available. Guess what, you get aholes that starts raging, "you shouldn't be playing this dungeon" or "LEAVE PARTY".

After that happened, I googled to see if that 4-men fights, attack warning will be turned off. Not a post I could find mentions that. Only a few videos I watch that confirm my suspicion.

Those that are saying they would love to explain, but don't because they don't say anything is because people who are new (Some) are too afraid to ask because you can never predict how toxic your party might be. I've done this several times (in several mmorpgs) in dungeons, asking what to do because it was a first for me, but they ask is this your first time? And then they kick me out...

Also if you make one mistake, they are automatically annoyed, I'm sorry I can't do exactly what you told me in one try, since it's a first for me. It's really annoying..

Archived