Remove bidding system

Nanbo

It is killing your game experience. USe random number roll. It is more logic for rng games, not this "P2W" crap. (P2W as in he who pays most bid wins, not in the traditional visa card sense, yes, I heard your fat troll fingers sweatingly stabbing at the keyboard) 

16 minutes ago, Nanbo said:

It is killing your game experience. USe random number roll. It is more logic for rng games, not this "P2W" crap. (P2W as in he who pays most bid wins, not in the traditional visa card sense, yes, I heard your fat troll fingers sweatingly stabbing at the keyboard) 

stop saying p2w im really tired of hearing scrubs vomiting that over and over knowing full well what they're saying is inaccurate.

p2w is a pretty serious accusation to hit a game with, stop throwing it around for every situation like that

oh my god im so triggered right now

At first, I was a total fan of this bidding system. I thought that every time you lose a bid, you get the money out of the bid and will have the chance on the next run to bid more money.

The problem I now see and encounter is that you get to run with alts a lot. If you don't participate in the "I have a lvl 45 cross financing", you will never get a chance to win a bidding, even if you get some money from lost biddings. We all know that biddings in the lower dungeons revolved around some copper, up to maximum of 1-2 silver. With alts running, they can easily outbid you. Having 2 alts in a party, you have no chance on ever winning e.g. stratus costume. And this is where it get's unfair. The relation new player - alt is moneywise to far apart.

4 minutes ago, Celestine said:

At first, I was a total fan of this bidding system. I thought that every time you lose a bid, you get the money out of the bid and will have the chance on the next run to bid more money.

The problem I now see and encounter is that you get to run with alts a lot. If you don't participate in the "I have a lvl 45 cross financing", you will never get a chance to win a bidding, even if you get some money from lost biddings. We all know that biddings in the lower dungeons revolved around some copper, up to maximum of 1-2 silver. With alts running, they can easily outbid you. Having 2 alts in a party, you have no chance on ever winning e.g. stratus costume. And this is where it get's unfair. The relation new player - alt is moneywise to far apart.

this is going to be the case in almost any game, alts will always be better funded. it's math.

the bidding system is a bad joke.

my suggestion:

the standard should be a normal roll system, and when a party is created via matchmaking, there should be a vote for it at the start wether it should be a roll or bid system for the run.

i can see that for some instances like brightstone the bid system is good, but for most other instances its silly and time consuming!

It's not really genius, there is many other ways it could be played. For example, FFXIV uses a Need, Greed, Pass system. Which is perfect!

Everyone gets a fair chance at getting the item, if it's needed by one person they can roll need. If it's something that isn't needed but can be used they roll greed, and if everyone else rolls greed it's whoever has the better RNG that turn.

Perfect system that nobody can abuse!

52 minutes ago, Nanbo said:

This is far best system ever created. If you didnt realise all of players who are against this get their rng box end of dungeon and can get their free loot from there.

First of all with this basic need/greed system players can be left with nothing after dungeon run

Second of all you guys make always something out of with this system and top of that youll get your rng chance for loots.

So whats your problem?

Also next time pls use search tool and find that this been discussed hundreds of times and it wont be changed because of you. Also ncsoft has no power of changing this. Its been working in every other region for years.

I love doing Brightstone runs. People handing me free money if I don't get the drop, get money if I do. Win-win.

To make it easier, check market place for drop prices BEFORE you go, then bid high on everything you can sell for profit, just don't bid so high you don't make money. Drive the price up so you get more $ from someone out bidding you.

the only thing i see the bidding system having an affect on are outfits and materials for crafting and weapon upgrades, but even then you could take the money someone dropped in the dungeon and scan the market for in mats, and save up for if its an outfit. It's where everyone gets their money from the most, There's a cap on daily quests, and a cap on market which affects all characters on that account per server. If they took it out where exactly would people then make the lump sum of their money when there's a cap on everything else?

Its the best system by far... very rarely u find this kind of quality system in a mmo. Kudos to whomever made it happen.

And level 1 to 45 can be done in 15h :) proven on youtube... so your low level arguments about alt-ing are unreasonable.

So simply NO to your idea.

What if...

You ran dungeon through cross server match and met 4 poor people and 1 rich person.

You are along with poor people.

And killed boss. Youguys got drop worth about 100gold.

Richone had no problem with burning that auction but youguys couldn't go up to 50silver.

So rich person got drop that 100gold worth for 50silver.

Oh. Seriously fair enough I think.

How the bidding system works is this way. 6 people in party. Winner bids 120g for an item so the winner takes it and everyone else gets 20g to 24g each. To me this sounds more fair than the RNG system where if luck isn't on your side you don't get crap. The RNG system is more of a motivation killer than the Bid system. Enough trips in the instance and you'll be able to win the bid on said item(s).

On a side note most important items that benefit gear progression aren't able to be traded. This will deter people from being totally annoying with the bidding system.

Why should I relate on fckin RNG? I had enough in Aion for real.Running EB(Eternal Bastion)in ally where some never seen aug pack and some was rolling with 5-6 in ther WH,and why? Because fckin RNG thats why.Or before in Upper fort abyss AP dungeons where some lucky dude get AP relics worth of 10k while you get in some cases 1 freakin icon worth 300ap.Am I worse player then him? Does he deserve it more then me?

Why I should run dungeons with pugs if I don't get profit from that? I would go take my item with friends and then? Well never get back in.Now? I just could go back in and take some gold.

The moment I did BSH 6 in lvl 50 patch at TW when they released WK and 2 of them bid like crazy for the hongmoon book over 2k gold,is the moment I`ll remember for very damn long time.I took a very fat cut out of this item.Would I do if it was rng? No in such you get the mid finger.

13 minutes ago, Atheyana said:

How the bidding system works is this way. 6 people in party. Winner bids 120g for an item so the winner takes it and everyone else gets 20g to 24g each. To me this sounds more fair than the RNG system where if luck isn't on your side you don't get crap. The RNG system is more of a motivation killer than the Bid system. Enough trips in the instance and you'll be able to win the bid on said item(s).

On a side note most important items that benefit gear progression aren't able to be traded. This will deter people from being totally annoying with the bidding system.

Don't bother wasting time trying to explain the system to the them, they will always whine about it.  Its one reason I prefer playing in other regions, too many whiny gits in America.  They expect everything to be handed to them or if a vocal minority doesn't like something they think threatening to leave will get them their way.  (If it didn't kill warframe it isn't going to kill this game).  

People just expect everything handed to them or to go their way on these servers.  Disgusting really.

The system isnt going to go anywhere.  You change too much of the code and you start causing problems.  Some UI things you can change but you start altering how the game works and then it is no longer the game that NCwest liscenced.

34 minutes ago, TaeHwaRang said:

What if...

You ran dungeon through cross server match and met 4 poor people and 1 rich person.

You are along with poor people.

And killed boss. Youguys got drop worth about 100gold.

Richone had no problem with burning that auction but youguys couldn't go up to 50silver.

So rich person got drop that 100gold worth for 50silver.

Oh. Seriously fair enough I think.

If you can't go up to 50s in a dungeon that drops something worth 100g, then I seriously question whether or not you deserve it when it's so easy to make at least 10g/day at 45. (Which is where a dungeon could drop anything worth more than 1g).

9 minutes ago, Yuki said:

If you can't go up to 50s in a dungeon that drops something worth 100g, then I seriously question whether or not you deserve it when it's so easy to make at least 10g/day at 45. (Which is where a dungeon could drop anything worth more than 1g).

So I said "fair enough"

Archived