Reward us for reporting bots?

eyburv

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

It could provide and incentive for players to actually report bots and it would hinder their grey market business.

think about economics for a second. Bots do their thing so they make in game money. They then sell that in-game money to players for real life money.

If we were to be rewarded directly from NCsoft for reporting bots, players would not have much of a need to buy gold nor would they be able to.

GMs can keep track of reports. If a report is deemed valid and bans a bot, the players who bothered to report the bots are rewarded. Maybe rewarded with Unsealing charms or something else?

Same thing for spammers maybe?

This is my suggestion but all i would like is that NCsoft begins taking care of some of these problems as they are the equivalent of Living Digital Cancers that will grow an eventually kill an online games community, economy, etc.

3 minutes ago, Lilynetto said:

I want 100g for every bot I report!

2 minutes ago, Trinket said:

Time to make junk alts to report, brb.

Oh look, its the "Critical" Thinkers and Philosophers of the world here to point out my flaws. Lel...

What, you guys dont think they wont discuss this in the meeting room and think of ways to make it work so that players wont abuse it?

You guys think all human beings are simple and youre not?

3 minutes ago, eyburv said:

Oh look, its the "Critical" Thinkers and Philosophers of the world here to point out my flaws. Lel...

What, you guys dont think they wont discuss this in the meeting room and think of ways to make it work so that players wont abuse it?

Simple responses for a simple idea.

6 hours ago, eyburv said:

Omg exactly! You are a total genius! 

Just from a organizational point of view: no.

It's the job of NCsoft to clean their own game. You are not giving incentives for game unrelated features, because this indirectly forces every player to take part in this.

I'm putting a similar example: NCsoft supports penguins in Madagaskar. For every 100 daily clicks on the Facebook account you get a free Dragon pouch. You see where this leads to?

Besides that, this action would signalize the MMO market that NCsoft is not able to handle problems on their own.

lol... you must have come from Archeage. 

For those that didn't understand. In archeage, reporting a bot will cost some labor point (no need to be too detailed on this just considered it as some kind of resource) which will be returned double when they verified that it is a bot.

Note: This is Bot reporting, Not Spam Blocking.

Archived