How do i get such massive hp?

animekitty

I'm a level 21 blade dancer and I have my weapon as maxed out as it can get, everything else doesn't seem to really give me much but I have been leveling them up as much as I can too. I have about 2k hp. Then I ran into another blade dancer who was level 20 and had 3k hp, other classes i've seen are about 3k-4k right now. What have I missed?

Your soul shield will give you HP as described, but if you are one of those that loves to run around without your clothes on, you are just screwing yourself over, since taking your clothes off disables your soul shield to. I do get a chuckle out of watching people die constantly in high level zones all because they haven't bothered to keep their clothes on though.

2 minutes ago, animekitty said:

Another thing tutorial needs to explain but didnt

The tutorial holds your hand enough, a quick google search also helps. Whether the game is out in other regions or not there are wiki sites and the reddit with a lot of information. A lot of the threads made are rather useless in this respecting, asking simple things like "Better gear?" "Where do I get a better weap?" Most should be pretty common sense, if there is a slot for it in-game you should look into what it does before asking.

3 minutes ago, Shmoof said:

Yes, better soul shields make all the difference. Also Achievements. The first achievement tier gives your character +400hp.

^This

Check the achivement window. some of the achievement can give your char extra stat.

Annoyingly (for me) seems like some of the achievements that give stats are PvP related.

Since PvP equalizes your stats anyways, as I understand it that effectively means the only point of getting said bonus is for PvE.  Which strikes *me* as broken.  You shouldn't need to do PvP to get PvE stuff.

2 minutes ago, animekitty said:

Another thing tutorial needs to explain but didnt

It is explained in the 'tutorial'. When you get your first soul shield and the subsequent quest to equip it you are told you MUST have an outfit equipped to receive the bonuses. If that isn't enough I'm fairly sure when you mouse over the should shield it actually says something similar.

Forgive me but I can't log in to double check the last thing but fairly sure it mentions it.

Anyway, you could always pull up their character window and use the comparison function to see where they are getting their stats from.

Just now, GnatB said:

Annoyingly (for me) seems like some of the achievements that give stats are PvP related.

Since PvP equalizes your stats anyways, as I understand it that effectively means the only point of getting said bonus is for PvE.  Which strikes *me* as broken.  You shouldn't need to do PvP to get PvE stuff.

Open World PvP isn't equalized though.

I'll just straight up say it.

Look for a soul shield set called Moonwater Arena. You can get an individual piece for 20 insignia's each at the Misty Woods Cerulean / Crimson Legions camps, from the Faction Merchant. The insignia's required for the shield set drops from a duo of bosses that will spawn within, or very close by the factions camp. Just find a channel with a large group of your own faction and start farming. It's a bit random but you'll get anywhere between 1-4 of the medals for each boss kill and both of the duo bosses drop a grab bag that will yield these resources.

The story quest forces you to choose a faction, if you want to continue and learn skills.  Faction pve and pvp are blended, the only difference is you wear a uniform in order to kill opposing field bosses.  This is the true nature of ow pvp.  If the server pop isn't too high, both factions can pick a channel and farm the field boss for the 160 insignias needed for Moonwater arena.  I spent 1-2hrs and got my 160 plus another 100 for the epic uniform.  It's mostly mindless field boss grinding.  Prestige comes from killing players and remembering to upgrade before taking off uniform or dying.

1 minute ago, Bhindu said:

Look for a soul shield set called Moonwater Arena. You can get an individual piece for 20 insignia's each at the Misty Woods Cerulean / Crimson Legions camps, from the Faction Merchant. The insignia's required for the shield set drops from a duo of bosses that will spawn within, or very close by the factions camp. Just find a channel with a large group of your own faction and start farming. It's a bit random but you'll get anywhere between 1-4 of the medals for each boss kill and both of the duo bosses drop a grab bag that will yield these resources.

He is level 21 ^^

Just now, Bhindu said:

It's actually not random. There's two different items that you get from them depending upon the damage you do. Same as all field bosses. Small amount of damage gives you a pouch that has 1-2 in it and a decent amount gives 3-4. Sorry I don't know the exact %.

16 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Your soul shield will give you HP as described, but if you are one of those that loves to run around without your clothes on, you are just screwing yourself over, since taking your clothes off disables your soul shield to. I do get a chuckle out of watching people die constantly in high level zones all because they haven't bothered to keep their clothes on though.

oh ty I didn't know that .. not that I play in the nude but I still didn't know this and now I too can laugh at them

in each area there is a vender that takes your stones such as cinderland stones, and these can be exchanged for a special soul shield that is pretty decent leveling wise, and will hold you over for a time. Also the wheels that each have own soul shield which gives a nice boost as well. That is your answer, right there 

At level 21, you could get the Soul shield from the NPC in Jadestone Village, she is stood next to the daily quest board.

next set i would go for is the deva set from the wheel in Cinderlands, think thats around lvl 29 though, its free, just kill the boss near by.

Also heres a list of current soul shields in the game and were to get them:  http://bns.endgame.pk/soul_shields/

I wouldn't waste time getting the blue bopae from the jadestone Village Dragon trader (though most guides say use it until 40 then farm dungeon/faction boss for the one described earlier which greatly increases your HP/Crit) when you can just farm the Blackram Narrows for the purple set, you should farm it at least 10times anyways for the 400HP increase anyways.

5 minutes ago, Lunaus said:

I wouldn't waste time getting the blue bopae from the jadestone Village Dragon trader (though most guides say use it until 40 then farm dungeon/faction boss for the one described earlier which greatly increases your HP/Crit) when you can just farm the Blackram Narrows for the purple set, you should farm it at least 10times anyways for the 400HP increase anyways.

Honestly, farming the narrows is a waste of time, and the bopae from lodestone will last you quite a while. I didn't even bother I use the dungeons for my weapon and any jewelry I need and sometimes farm for the outfits to. Past that, the stones are easy to get and unless you got the dungeon on solo farm (and by then a waste of time) no hassle dealing with multiple other people trying to get those shield pieces or constant repeats. Saves time in the end.

The end game focus of blade and soul is PvP. This game is an E-sport in at least Korea, and there are ALREADY talks with twitch to make sure it gets plenty of broadcast attention in NA as well. If PvP really isn't your thing, I would honestly suggest finding a different game, and I say that out of kindness and understanding of what is to come for Blade and Soul. This game does not just FORCE you to PvP, it is integrated into just about everything the game does. They don't just WANT you to PvP, they EXPECT you to do it. To hone your skills over time, as the game teaches you more and more things about your class....that you will then use to face the "real" enemy, which is...other real players.

Anyone who doesn't believe me, go and do some more research. I'm not saying the game doesn't have nice PvE content, but that is not really the point of this game. If you don't like PvP at ALL, you will find yourself eventually disliking this game. That's about as honest as I can be about it.

2 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Honestly, farming the narrows is a waste of time, and the bopae from lodestone will last you quite a while. I didn't even bother I use the dungeons for my weapon and any jewelry I need and sometimes farm for the outfits to. Past that, the stones are easy to get and unless you got the dungeon on solo farm (and by then a waste of time) no hassle dealing with multiple other people trying to get those shield pieces or constant repeats. Saves time in the end.

You get an extra 400HP if you complete it 10times, you also get a DMG boost for completing Tomb of Exiles. I'd say it's worth, and if you get the bopae along the way I don't see why not use it, can upgrade it too or use it as fodder.

1 minute ago, Lunaus said:

You get an extra 400HP if you complete it 10times, you also get a DMG boost for completing Tomb of Exiles. I'd say it's worth, and if you get the bopae along the way I don't see why not use it, can upgrade it too or use it as fodder.

Upgrading it is also on the side of a waste of resources since you will be replacing it sooner rather than later. And I am not putting effort into achievements right now since I am waiting for the warlock release which I plan to be my main class. Alts are fun to play but I don't feel like putting a ton of effort into a character I will not be maining.

3 minutes ago, OkamiTsuchi said:

Upgrading it is also on the side of a waste of resources since you will be replacing it sooner rather than later. And I am not putting effort into achievements right now since I am waiting for the warlock release which I plan to be my main class. Alts are fun to play but I don't feel like putting a ton of effort into a character I will not be maining.

Well that's you.. not the OP, whom I was giving the suggestion to in the first place. That's cool that YOU don't wanna get them but they are added bonuses on top of what you can get from the bopae/accessories. There's nothing wrong with achievement hunting, the Warlock isn't coming out anytime soon they've already said it won't be released this month.

Archived