Why are 45s runing lowbie dungeon? STOP!!!

SwayzesGh0st

3 minutes ago, VVind said:

I do run all the daily quests and dungeons everyday just for my own profit. Today I did TotE with a level 23 which was apparently a gold farmer. I'd say there needs to be a restriction for low levels accessing high and end game dungeons.

same. i noticed that my lvl 24 character can run skittering tunnels oddly. true enough i upgraded everything on her to the point that all i need for the next upgrade is infernal weapons/accessories. which i have a few of already but if i do upgrade those i won't be able to use them till i get to lvl 36 cuz of the lvl restriction. which oddly there is no lvl restriction on skittering tunnels.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Callback said:

Not in cross-server mode.  You have to run to the actual entrance and that's slow.  The world is a big place.  If they let you colo from the dungeon lobby menu it would reduce a lot of this.

On the contrary, you can use F8 cross-server to queue and run the dungeon solo. All you have to do is:

1. Use F8, pick a dungeon and queue. You'll get into a group of 6 and enter the dungeon lobby.

2. Leave the party. Do NOT click Y (Yes) to enter the cross-server queue lobby. Ignore the Shift+V suggestion and just...

3. Enter the dungeon portal.

There you have it! You can now use F8 to enter dungeons solo.

So, Basically what you are saying is you have a bad PC and you want the higher levels with good PC's to wait around for you to spawn in? Fat Chance. If you had just dropped a couple grand on a computer so that your games could run crisp and fast with minimal load screens, would you really want to wait around for every one else if it wasn't necessary?
No? I didn't think so.

2 hours ago, 848742_1452550186 said:

So, Basically what you are saying is you have a bad PC and you want the higher levels with good PC's to wait around for you to spawn in? Fat Chance. If you had just dropped a couple grand on a computer so that your games could run crisp and fast with minimal load screens, would you really want to wait around for every one else if it wasn't necessary?
No? I didn't think so.

Wow, elitism! Are you REALLY saying that you high level guys can't wait 10 seconds for someone to load into the area? Seriously? Are you such a big jerk that you can't wait 10 seconds? Even though you can probably kill the boss in that much time?

The dungeon lobby should auto-scale the level of players to that of the dungeon so high-level players can't give other players a bad time by being selfish assess. Plus, the dungeon would remain a challenge (sort of) to everyone.

I mean, since the high level players are in SUCH A HURRY to finish their dailies, maybe they should learn to walk personally to the location of their dailies. Should teach them some humility :p

6 minutes ago, Spiderbot said:

Wow, elitism! Are you REALLY saying that you high level guys can't wait 10 seconds for someone to load into the area? Seriously? Are you such a big jerk that you can't wait 10 seconds? Even though you can probably kill the boss in that much time?

The dungeon lobby should auto-scale the level of players to that of the dungeon so high-level players can't give other players a bad time by being selfish assess. Plus, the dungeon would remain a challenge (sort of) to everyone.

I mean, since the high level players are in SUCH A HURRY to finish their dailies, maybe they should learn to walk personally to the location of their dailies. Should teach them some humility :p

There's a lot of nonsense in that post. Waiting for someone to load into a dungeon where they won't be doing much is pointless. Players being in a hurry to finish dailies is also completely acceptable and does not show a lack of humility. On the other hand, players who refuse to wait for others, and make them die in the wall of fire are jerks. 

That said, I agree that high level players should just solo the extremely low level stuff like the spider. For Tomb, it's more efficient to run it as a group even at max level. A good idea would be to pair 45s with only 45s, but then again, sometimes parties would actually keep failing without the help of someone who knows what they're doing. The current system is fine, and the wall-of-fire is the only thing which shows people being impatient/jerks.

3 hours ago, Cynic said:

There's a lot of nonsense in that post. Waiting for someone to load into a dungeon where they won't be doing much is pointless. Players being in a hurry to finish dailies is also completely acceptable and does not show a lack of humility. On the other hand, players who refuse to wait for others, and make them die in the wall of fire are jerks. 

That said, I agree that high level players should just solo the extremely low level stuff like the spider. For Tomb, it's more efficient to run it as a group even at max level. A good idea would be to pair 45s with only 45s, but then again, sometimes parties would actually keep failing without the help of someone who knows what they're doing. The current system is fine, and the wall-of-fire is the only thing which shows people being impatient/jerks.

Its funny you mention the walls of fire. When I run like Tomb of Exile at 45, I always wait for players before starting. Its usually one of the "at level" players who are either impatient or don't know what they are doing who run in and kill people lagging a little behind. Occasionally I get blamed just because I am 45 so they assume it was me...lol

11 hours ago, Shinsetsu said:

Its funny you mention the walls of fire. When I run like Tomb of Exile at 45, I always wait for players before starting. Its usually one of the "at level" players who are either impatient or don't know what they are doing who run in and kill people lagging a little behind. Occasionally I get blamed just because I am 45 so they assume it was me...lol

I know exactly what you mean. 

On 2/1/2016 at 2:06 PM, SwayzesGh0st said:

Why does EVERY plagued hollow and lakeside cache run I do have a 45 racing to kill the boss?? I just did 1 plagued hollow run and it was finished when I got in, then when I requeued and ran it again I didnt finish the quest because the 45 in that run killed the quest mobs too quick. The 3rd run I saw it happen to 2 other people. WHY ARE HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS THERE IF TO NOT HELP???????

Im starting to doubt NCSOFTs ability to manage MMO. They let Gold spam drive away 75% of the players, can't figure out terrain collision detection, item linking, and map zooming, and apparently can't figure out that something they did is causing high lvl players to run lowbie dungeons and ruin them for lowbies.

Like the others have said. Running for costumes or running to complete daily quests. Just queue up solo or with other similar levels around the dungeon entrance, ask in /z region to group up with similar levels to complete the quests in the dg. It's not that difficult to find other ways to run the dg rather than use the cross-server queue finder if that's what's happening to you.

When I play MMOs, I go in with the mindset that as soon as I party with someone, everyone is potentially self-centered (including myself).

If there's one thing I've learned over time, it's playing with friends you know you'll have a blast with. I'm not talking about the dude who gave you free stuff because he raided a dungeon to death either.

I'm talking about people you hang out with after school that get your back when dozing off in class, and vice versa.

So if there are anonymous people who follow proper MMO etiquette, then that's a bonus for me.

If not, it's whatever; I expect it.

I don't know them, and they don't know me. Simple as that.

I do solo low level dungeons for many reasons. And it's a bit silly to ask why, as you will do it too, the game has been designed around that fact. You will need some materials, for example. So, wondering why high level players run low level dungeons is nonsensical.

That said, there is certainly a frustration involved in new player coming to a game, going to a dungeon, expecting fights, encounters, eating dumplings and maybe even a few wipes until the group becomes a bit more consistent - and being cold showered with a 2 minutes long run (in a very literal meaning of the word).

The game might have ~3 years, but it's like two weeks old in this format in the west. There are new players and there WILL BE new players a year from now - HOPEFULLY.

It never crossed my mind to queue for a dungeon I can solo quickly. If I do a dungeon I can't solo as quickly and go for a cross server option, I am very aware of others and certainly don't rush ahead, lock everyone else behind a fire and finish the dungeon or something. I even feel out of place since I can't provide a proper run to the people in the pug. So, I 99% of the time solo even the dungeons that I find inefficient time-wise to solo.

I played WoW well after it came out (~5 years after, or so) and I was literally unable to experience the content because of the same problem. Eventually, I quit, due to that, among other things. I know how frustrating can be when everybody is leveling their thirtieth alt through dungeons and you are there to dive into the game and get acquainted with it spontaneously.

I think the cross server party finder should take some more things into consideration when matchmaking. Like, if a lvl22 dude is queuing for blackram narrows, try to find 20-24 level range of players for him first, before assigning a 45 dude to a group.

On 1.02.2016 г. at 10:09 PM, Yeon said:

Because it's faster and easier to do dailies by using the dungeon lobby. I always wait for other players, though. :x

Me too , but let's be honest about something shall we . This is the most anti-social MMO i have ever played lol .

1 hour ago, 900040_1452550654 said:

^ When leveling alts however, having a 45 in your party speeds up the grind.

That is true. But I would leave that to "willful grouping" rather than vice versa. I am of the strong opinion that the "default" mode for lfg "MM" should be weighted heavily towards similar level grouping.

I, for example, even when leveling alts, want to squeeze everything there is from that leveling, in order to be decent at that alt class when I reach max level. For example, I play a destroyer. If my alt is kfm, I am basically screwed by leveling him too quickly, as suddenly I am sitting with like 40 skills of which I know 3. Unless I have already played kfm on high levels, for example on asian servers. But that shouldn't be the line of thought when it comes to this. For a game like quake, yes, drop me into the action and everything that goes with it, for a leveling mmorpg, it's more important to actually have that leveling than not. If one wants to fast-level, it can be done in many ways.

I have a friend who's lvl20 or so. I said to him that I'll duo run the dungeons with him if he needs me, which I assume would be if he gets unlucky with the drops too many times. Otherwise, I don't expect him to call me, it's kinda beats the purpose if he runs a low lvl dungeon with me.

22 minutes ago, Kaom said:

Me too , but let's be honest about something shall we . This is the most anti-social MMO i have ever played lol .

I have to agree. I played so many MMOs in my life and this is the first one where people don't give a crap about you in dungeons. In TERA for example, the party would never start, unless everyone was present and had their buffs on. In B&S everybody just wants to finish asap and I understand that if you're doing the dungeon nth time, but that doesn't mean you can't wait a bit for others. Once I was bidding an item in TotE with another player, so we were kinda late for the next boss. Of course, nobody waited for us, so we died from flames. Nobody ressed us, so we had to run over from the entrance to the last boss. :v

7 minutes ago, Yeon said:

I have to agree. I played so many MMOs in my life and this is the first one where people don't give a crap about you in dungeons. In TERA for example, the party would never start, unless everyone was present and had their buffs on. In B&S everybody just wants to finish asap and I understand that if you're doing the dungeon nth time, but that doesn't mean you can't wait a bit for others. Once I was bidding an item in TotE with another player, so we were kinda late for the next boss. Of course, nobody waited for us, so we died from flames. Nobody ressed us, so we had to run over from the entrance to the last boss. :v

This still happens to me ( the fire thingy lol ) at level 45 , don't worry about it :D

I don't care if they're doing it for dailies or crafting/upgrade material. If there are lowbies in the group slow down so they get credit for what they need as well. It's not always about you, you want to speed through things run it solo and stop wasting every one else's time.

That's the thing that sucks about the dungeon system though. If a higher level can solo it and queue with lower levels and they do this it screws them over (happened to me in ToE more than once). And even if there isn't a huge level gap some things you can solo and people will solo because it's not your holy trinity game with a dps, healer, and tank. It's frustrating and people need to be a little more considerate if they're going to be doing cross server low level dungeons.

On 2/4/2016 at 4:54 AM, 900040_1452550654 said:

On the contrary, you can use F8 cross-server to queue and run the dungeon solo. All you have to do is:

1. Use F8, pick a dungeon and queue. You'll get into a group of 6 and enter the dungeon lobby.

2. Leave the party. Do NOT click Y (Yes) to enter the cross-server queue lobby. Ignore the Shift+V suggestion and just...

3. Enter the dungeon portal.

There you have it! You can now use F8 to enter dungeons solo.

Oh, thanks for this idea! I shall try that!

On 2/4/2016 at 7:31 AM, 848742_1452550186 said:

No? I didn't think so.

Q.Q

@OP - this has nothing to do with players who are lvl 45 or whatever. It's about those people's personality. Today, I ran a couple of dungeons for myself... And yes, it takes me a bit longer to load in... by the time I do, I am unable to complete the quests early in the dungeon. I tried to ask them to chill and wait a minute. No response, no one listened... Oh well.. They're assholes, but I'm not gonna whine about it. To spin it around, I went into a lowbie dungeon and HELPED with whatever was needed in the dungeon.

@all who want to "scale" the dungeon or make it so that only certain lvls can enter - that is a meh idea, especially for those who WANT to be carried, and the higher lvls, who want something out of the lowbie dungeon. You can always leave the group if you are paired with higher lvls and are afraid they are going to ruin your experience. What can you do with people who rush in and don't wait? Not much. Get a pre-set group of people who you know will wait, or just solo it...

Sometimes I kill lowbies too because I get distracted or forgot :D,mostly I wait a little before jump on boss.awlays wait on the final boss(fire dung 36 thats it)people to atleast zone in.

If you expect me to wait 5 min every gate so some people can take ther time to explore every corner of the dungeon - just forget it.Often people go to the spider or lurking around and I just kill the golem before the final boss.

My PC is slow too,however if you need 5 min to move 50m just don't expect people to wait you.

One yestarday was insulting me because he need to pee and I must wait him 5 min to do so in instance that take less then that to clear.Not gonna happen.IF I need to pee or whatever I do it before I apply to dungeon.

you can solo every single group mission up until 45 dungeons, or duo them at very least. A couple in begining can be rough (pokey and mite were a bit rough for my KFM but i managed them). find a friend team up and go at it, its alot more fun to see how far you can get solo =3 

Just because they're 45 doesn't mean that they know a ton about the game.  Cut them some slack.  Time efficient daily routes will come to them in time.  And some think they're helping by killing everything.  Just have patience with them.

Would like to see the xserver dungeons get the arena treatment.  Even stats all around, only difference in level is skill points.  That way the content is more fun when leveling.  People tend to quit out of boredom if they don't run into anything that makes them pay attention pretty soon.  Makes the road to 45 seem longer than it really is.

On 2/7/2016 at 6:52 AM, LordLokai said:

you can solo every single group mission up until 45 dungeons, or duo them at very least. A couple in begining can be rough (pokey and mite were a bit rough for my KFM but i managed them). find a friend team up and go at it, its alot more fun to see how far you can get solo =3 

I never got this:) I mean, I am an average player, I don't consider myself to be a bad player. I inform myself on anicancels and sequences etc, and I think that alone qualifies for at least an average mark:)

But this leaves me in horrendous self-doubt. I mean, it's all over the internet, everything is soloable, everything is EASILY SOLOABLE... I don't know about that. Maybe for some yes, but I don't think it's representative.

But all that aside - what made me curious was the notion that everything is soloable until 45 dungeons (which are also soloable - if we are talking technicalities. If we aren't, but are talking about some common skill etc, I would argue that a lot of things "aren't soloable" unless you know ins and outs of both dungeon and your class and you are equipped to boot) and then you mention pokey and mitey as hurdles.

I personally - as an average player - so, I am not talking about the fallacy that stuff is "easily soloable" while forgetting to mention "if you are damn good at the game". And I never had much trouble soloing them at designated level - and just yesterday I did it with a kfm alt and wanted to do it without potions or dumplings as kfm is a bit hard for me because of reactionary play and small window frames, so I kinda wanted to practice. And I did it with no problems. When I say no problems, I really mean it, I was in no danger of dying or anything. Even though I am an average player in general and way below average on kfm (as I've played only 22 levels or so and I am still spontaneously getting used to the class).

So, I should be good to go?:) No, first bigger hurdle - paf, no chance of soloing for me. Not a chance. Maybe if I get really good down the line and then make a kfm alt a month from now and try, but now, not a chance. I am talking, of course, about blackram narrows. I had to find a group through dungeon finder and even then if the group was low level and had first timers, there was a danger of wiping. And some people died at bosses even with the 2/2 dragonblood. I didn't as I carefully wanted to get the mechanics down, not to be a tool at 45 when I am supposed to tank with kfm and recognize patterns and such, but solo? No way for me.

Of course, I am not a bns master, but I am writing this because of your mitey/pokey mentioning. Mitey and Pokey are the easiest challenge - I think objectively so, even. They are the very first instanced content you can encounter. On top of that, they are green. Blackram narrows isn't exactly a complex dungeon, but it's WAY harder to solo than mitey or pokey, at a designated level.

On my destroyer, I soloed blackram narrows only when I was decently above the entry lvl for the dungeon. I think I soloed tomb of exiles when I was pretty close to max level. I tried soloing tomb of exiles at the appropriate level and got absolutely wrecked, not even by bosses but by first group of mobs or something like that, I don't remember. Even some of the green dungeons posed a problem if they had adds or interesting mechanics (the dungeon with the bird patriarch, I couldn't solo it until 45 and even then I soloed it not because of my skill, but because my character had better rolls on evading his aoe while he's in the air).

Now at 45. with a relatively solid gear (true profane, purple poharan/moonwater pvp shields), I haven't tried, but I think I still wouldn't be able to solo the big4 purely because I would get overwhelmed at some point. I probably could solo the 24 e. fleet up to poharan (I don't think I could deal with her, at least not on a destroyer), 6/4 man version, not a chance.

Even the hardest green dungeon... I had trouble with it as a fresh 45. Now I breeze through it, but when I dinged 45, I couldn't do it, I ran out of gas and space at some point.

Ok, this was a relatively big wall of text, but only because your post reminded me of so many posts like that. And I think I am missing something. I mean, I read guides, I practice, I am not disabled or anything, and I wouldn't classify solo attempts as easy in this game. Large number of green dungeons are easy in full group, I will agree on that, but they stop being easy once you stay alone because they are designed with adds and mechanics in mind, even the green ones.

I am fairly certain that on a purely statistical level, I am an above average player (not to be confused with the notion that I consider myself as an average player in some "common sense" sense). Based on how the game populations are in general, based on what I do and what people in general do when it comes to "self education" when it comes to games, based on my personal experience when running dungeons - nine times out of ten, I die the least, I know the mechanics the best, I stay out of things, I tank even though we have like two bm's and a kfm and I go through it and so on and so forth.

But these posts really confuse me. I can bet my life that I play this game decently enough to fit into any group for any dungeon and that I only can contribute positively. And yet, I get the impression that I am like the worst player in the world reading these posts. I can't see myself soloing narrows at 20-22 with any class anytime soon, for example. I don't know whether there's some magical "truth" about the gameplay I have yet to discover and get 10x better or these posts are a bit exaggerated in their terminology, but something is off. I can't imagine like 99% of players being better than me, I am pretty sure that's not the case. There's something I'm missing here lol:) 

Become a summoner. I'm only level 33 and there's only one dungeon I could not solo so far.

And I just ran Blackram Narrows via cross server dungeon because I needed some sort of thorny toe bit (I've forgotten it's name already) for upgrading an accessory.  There's reasons people are going there and it's not to spoil your day. :)

Archived