Please remove priority queue

Optimusbooty

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zarozian said:

Paying for premium just to be able to get into the game is the same thing as just paying to play. Premium should also have something more too it too so that it will be worth it.

Obviously enough people still perceive Premium as valuable. NCSoft will pay attention if they lose a significant amount of money, although who knows what that might be. 

They don't need to remove it. They just need to change how it works.

If it let in one non-premium for every 5 premium users, it would make the non-premium queues faster while still giving premiums priority. As it is now, non-premium queues literally stay at a standstill after a certain time of day. If you're not premium, and you don't get on before the queues start for the day, you're not getting on. I think it's fine for premiums to get priority, but I don't think it's right for non-premiums to not get to play period.

They shouldn't change it nor remove it, I understand everyone's frustration, but people are paying for a service, if they removed the service why should anyone pay?

Things will get better with time, just have to have patience.

Edit: As Labbit below me has stated, I don't think anyone is happy about these queue's, some premiums have non-premium friends etc.

This needs to be sorted out. But removing or changing this from premium is not the way to do it.

6 minutes ago, AmbivalentCat said:

If it let in one non-premium for every 5 premium users, it would make the non-premium queues faster while still giving premiums priority. As it is now, non-premium queues literally stay at a standstill after a certain time of day. If you're not premium, and you don't get on before the queues start for the day, you're not getting on. I think it's fine for premiums to get priority, but I don't think it's right for non-premiums to not get to play period.

That benefits non-Premium members, yes, but I'm pretty sure a good portion of the Premium users are going to be pissed. Some people specifically paid to get in game first. I can almost guarantee they're going to be angry that they have to wait x amount of minutes longer because non-Premium members are getting in. Plus, what is the probability of this system letting in only actual players and not bots? 

Edit: I'm not saying it's okay for the queue to remain as it is. I'm simply saying that people who pay tend to feel like they deserve to be the priority. 

1 hour ago, RNZz said:

the problem is not priority, the problem is that you never get dc:ed if you afk for a long time.. if you get dc:ed after 10-15min of afk the queue time would fall drastically..

Iirc, I remember they said that they added an afk boot. 

1 hour ago, AmbivalentCat said:

I totally agree with this idea.
1:5 non-premium vs premium ratio to at least let the non paying people have a chance to get in.

What people are forgetting is that non-premium players are potential paying players. Some just want to get a sense of the game first before they invest any money into it. And if they can't even get in, a lot of people wouldn't even bother any further.  A smart business wouldn't try to kick their potential moneyflow in the nuts before they had a chance to consider buying in.

That being said, as a potential paying player sitting on the fence about this game, it really suck bollocks when you wait 6 hours in the queue, only to have it budge by 3 people since the start. Meanwhile the premium queue has fluctuated between 20, down to 0, up to 70, down to 16, and back up to over 100. And all the while, a few hundred people has squished in front, pushing back the entire queue every single time.

4 hours ago, Labbit said:

Which server are you on? ;o Even with the server instability yesterday, I didn't queue for over 60 minutes. 

@Optimusbooty Student Pack is $5 if you want to skip the queue... I know a lot of people who just end up buying it to skip the queue. 

YES!  Beat them until they submit.  That ALWAYS works in the long run for customer retention.

Imho we should all look at it from a different prospective.

Premiums getting to play 1h earlier than nonpremium means that nonpremium people doesnt get to fully enjoy the game, and in case quit.

When you go to a party with free entrance, you find like 70% of people going there to have fun dancing and drinking (drinking = paying), and a 30% going there just to hang out with friends, chat and have fun all together but maybe they drive or they cant drink etc so they end with not paying anything. Although, that 70% has a 10% of it (7% of total) who drinks up to 4-5 times. Lets say 5 friends go to a party, 4 of them get drunk as heck, 1 of them doesnt drink. Even if the party is free entry, the club hosting it gets anyway money as if even the nondrinker paid the entrance (considering as if 1 drink = entrance according to previsions of club owner).

Now, bringing all that to bns, a longasfkqueue is 'good' as long as there's hype for the game and people would even give a piece of their meat to log in, so they wait 1-2h to get in, or pay for premium, but long time, hype goes, less people will log, more will get tired of queues, other new games will come out, people would just quit and servers would get 'empty'. NC has decided that the best way to make money is targetting that class of players who's on hype for the game, and later on think about other ways to make money outta it (cosmetic/materials sales), instead of finding a way to make all the people enjoy the game more even now that it's overcrowded, hoping that they'd buy premium anyway for the ingame boosts and not for loggin in, or that they'd buy cosmetics and materials using nccoins instead of buying the premium.

Dats my 2 cents, for sure they'll be wrong for most of u and maybe someone will agrree but it's alrite ;)

1 hour ago, Labbit said:

That benefits non-Premium members, yes, but I'm pretty sure a good portion of the Premium users are going to be pissed. Some people specifically paid to get in game first. I can almost guarantee they're going to be angry that they have to wait x amount of minutes longer because non-Premium members are getting in. Plus, what is the probability of this system letting in only actual players and not bots? 

Edit: I'm not saying it's okay for the queue to remain as it is. I'm simply saying that people who pay tend to feel like they deserve to be the priority. 

Where did I say they wouldn't get priority? There's a difference between giving paying users priority and literally locking out anyone who isn't paying. Premium gives more than just shorter queues, but even if someone bought it just for that, your queues still wouldn't get much longer, but non-premium people would actually get in the game eventually.

Sitting in queue for 7-8 hours and not getting in is not okay, paying or not paying. That's just telling anyone who doesn't fork over cash that NC doesn't want them here. And like others said, not everyone pays for a game from the start. Some of us actually like to try them out first before deciding if we like them. Not everyone can afford to buy something like premium on a whim for a game we may not play more than a week if we don't like it. So yes, it is unfair that non-premium players can't get in, and it does need to change. I never said anything about premium users no longer getting priority, only making it feasible for people to actually get in.

4 hours ago, Optimusbooty said:

So What im seeing from all this  is that if the server is full and Premiums are waiting, non premiums do not get in until the premiums are for the most part in the game.

Ever gone to a club, or movie, where members gets to go in first, and non-members wait?? For movie, existing ticker holder go thru, while you non-ticker holder wait in the line to *buy* the ticket?

Fact of life buddy. We paying members gets priority queue so you non-payment members can even get to play it for free.

NCS NA can make this game P2P so they make their money, and there won't be a need for a premium/non-premium queue.

Not everyone can afford to buy something like premium on a whim for a game we may not play more than a week if we don't like it. So yes, it is unfair that non-premium players can't get in,

Premium only costs $12/mo.

5 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Ever gone to a club, or movie, where members gets to go in first, and non-members wait?? For movie, existing ticker holder go thru, while you non-ticker holder wait in the line to *buy* the ticket?

Fact of life buddy. We paying members gets priority queue so you non-payment members can even get to play it for free.

NCS NA can make this game P2P so they make their money, and there won't be a need for a premium/non-premium queue.

If they made this P2P I can guarantee you it would fail.  The textures are low res, the game engine is not optimized at all, the lack of graphical settings is also terrible and on and on.  There are some nice aesthetics when it comes to character cretion but even that is pretty showing how the textures are low res.  For me the game runs very well.  Slight stutter when loading a new area.  I am trying me best to give the Western version a chance since I loved the korean version.  This game will suffer the same as Archeage has if they don't stop slouching.

There simple isn't enough premium members to keep the game afloat.  Anyone who MIGHT put money into the game is waiting in a queue.  The klonger that queue gets the higher the odds get that they will just uninstall the game and move on to something else worth their time that they can actually play.

NCsoft is not touching any P2W elements, but somehow B2P elements. Yeah, I have to admit it's a clever trick.

The question is, where does it lead to? Premium patch with 60 fps, non-premium anti-patch with 5 fps? Or offer premium 20ms ping for only $20/month and putting all non-premium ping to 200ms. Different drop rates for premium/non-premium? Working patch for premium and non-premium will have to wait 3 days for an artificial delayed patch?

NCsoft clearly artifically made the queues so long and limited the servers. They had the 2 extra servers as backup and had to use it (don't tell me you set up a completely new server in 2 days). NC soft planned everything beforehand. And I guess that's not all they have planned. But "Hey, you get what you pay for" 

22 minutes ago, Khaen said:

I totally agree with this idea.
1:5 non-premium vs premium ratio to at least let the non paying people have a chance to get in.

What people are forgetting is that non-premium players are potential paying players. Some just want to get a sense of the game first before they invest any money into it. And if they can't even get in, a lot of people wouldn't even bother any further.  A smart business wouldn't try to kick their potential moneyflow in the nuts before they had a chance to consider buying in.

That being said, as a potential paying player sitting on the fence about this game, it really suck bollocks when you wait 6 hours in the queue, only to have it budge by 3 people since the start. Meanwhile the premium queue has fluctuated between 20, down to 0, up to 70, down to 16, and back up to over 100. And all the while, a few hundred people has squished in front, pushing back the entire queue every single time.

If you aren't willing to spend $5 to try the game, you probably aren't going to be a big spender anyway.  :/  It sucks even sometimes having a 40-minute queue as premium, but I'm supporting the game because I believe it has potential.  I dunno how NCSoft/NCWest/whatever is going to handle things over the months to come, but I believe they're working hard to try and address these issues right now.  They wouldn't have worked so hard to bring the game here if they were just going to let it fail right away.  

2 minutes ago, Andunye said:

NCsoft is not touching any P2W elements, but somehow B2P elements. Yeah, I have to admit it's a clever trick.

The question is, where does it lead to? Premium patch with 60 fps, non-premium anti-patch with 5 fps? Or offer premium 20ms ping for only $20/month and putting all non-premium ping to 200ms. Different drop rates for premium/non-premium? Working patch for premium and non-premium will have to wait 3 days for an artificial delayed patch?

NCsoft clearly artifically made the queues so long and limited the servers. They had the 2 extra servers as backup and had to use it (don't tell me you set up a completely new server in 2 days). NC soft planned everything beforehand. And I guess that's not all they have planned. But "Hey, you get what you pay for" 

7nPIzZg.jpg

Or maybe they should put some server premium only and other servers only non-premium but i can imagine the uproar on the forums from people who are non-premium but have premium friends and vice-versa.Maybe if you are recommended by somebody else on the other category u can go to those servers but that might be too complicated.

2 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

So you wait for 6 hours? You said in you post you love the game? But yet you don't want to spend a single dime to support it????

.............okkkkkkkkkk

why would I want to support a game taht can't get their shit right a WEEK later?

Hey everyone, we greatly appreciate your feedback on the server queues and appreciate your patience while we've tried to sort the long wait times out. At this time we're not anticipating pulling down the Priotiy queue system but we are trying to find alternatives (like adding the new servers) to make it less stressful for free players as well as Premium players to play without having to wait so long. 

2 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Hey everyone, we greatly appreciate your feedback on the server queues and appreciate your patience while we've tried to sort the long wait times out. At this time we're not anticipating pulling down the Priotiy queue system but we are trying to find alternatives (like adding the new servers) to make it less stressful for free players as well as Premium players to play without having to wait so long. 

adding new servers doesn't help those people who alerady have 2 characters on the same server.  This was done right before the shit hit the fan.  If you want to offer free server transfers for a limited time to a new server, I will be more than happy to transfer.  I shouldn't have to wake up at 5 am just to login and play.

1 minute ago, MikeTheGamer said:

adding new servers doesn't help those people who alerady have 2 characters on the same server.  This was done right before the shit hit the fan.  If you want to offer free server transfers for a limited time to a new server, I will be more than happy to transfer.  I shouldn't have to wake up at 5 am just to login and play.

So let me get this straight......

You're waiting for 6 hours to play the game

Say you love the game

Make 2 characters already

Do all this for a game you claim "doesn't have their shit together"

........and you're not willing to pay $5?

Archived