Please remove priority queue

Optimusbooty

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MikeTheGamer said:

adding new servers doesn't help those people who alerady have 2 characters on the same server.  This was done right before the shit hit the fan.  If you want to offer free server transfers for a limited time to a new server, I will be more than happy to transfer.  I shouldn't have to wake up at 5 am just to login and play.

I think Rukkirii mentioned in another thread that they were working with devs on a server transfer thing, but don't quote me on it because I may have dreamed it or something.  I wish they'd had one in place when the game released, but they probably didn't expect queues to be nearly this bad and didn't want to delay release for it.

Just now, UnitedStrafes said:

So let me get this straight......

You're waiting for 6 hours to play the game

Say you love the game

Make 2 characters already

Do all this for a game you claim "doesn't have their shit together"

........and you're not willing to pay $5?

I'm not waiting with the game open and those 2 characters are under lvl 17.  See, those weren't the only ones I made.  Kinda hard to test out the calsses properly when you are limited to two slots.  Its a matter of trying a class to lvl12 at least and then, if I don't like it, deleting it to try another.  That is time consuming considering the wait time after deleting the character, then making a new one and HOPING to get in, in less than an hour.  If the queue time is over 30 minutes, i  close the game and go do something else.  rinse, repeat.  So tell me again WHY i should pay just to wait in a premium queue?

I can want to play as much as I choose.  The problem is not being able to actually play.  And that 5 bucks is premium for, a week?  Sorry, a company that can't get things together in a week after hyping the game as much as they have( I have played the korean version but having an english version is nice) does not deserve any money from me or anyone else.  This is like paying full price for a car and then not being able to go over mph because you didn't want to pay for the power windows.

Just now, UnitedStrafes said:

How's the shit not right? A couple of crashes? I've been playing and having fun since the 15th. I mean really if $12 is too much for you to handle may I suggest a different hobby.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the F2P concept. It's a marketing strategy where you attract as much customers as possible, luring them in with the sign "for free". If you look around, you have this (quite successful) concept nearly everywhere. From food samples over small parties with free food (e.g. for openings or Tupperware), yes even holiday trips. Putting up a queue has nothing to do with "luring in".

We all are MMO players that are not new to the market. We play/played another MMO and NCsoft has the task to lure as away from our old MMO. It's not like 100.000 new MMO players are falling from the sky. And so we are used to pay a subscription or for cosmetics (we western players are not so much fan of P2W like the asians). But before we start putting money in there, we want to see certain characteristics, every buyer (whatever you buy) does look at. Integrity (does the seller keep his promise), quality (what do I get), sustainability (how long) and much more. Right now, NCsoft is lacking "credibility" for me. Because they are treating the customers in 2 classes: premium and non-premium. Premium is affordable, so no harm done so far. But what if the publisher starts to treat their customers in "big whales" and "the rest"? I've seen that going along with a game run by Gameforge. Forum cut off, $300 bundles, no community communication.

I repeat this; we all are MMO players. And I'm still paying my subscription for my old MMO (in fact, I still have over 1 year :-)  The real problem lies in this new trick with the artifical queue.

5 hours ago, Optimusbooty said:

So as of now i have been queued up for 6 hours, When i joined it there was 1640 players infront of me. throughout this entire queue there has also been a back log of Premium members a bit over 200, So What im seeing from all this  is that if the server is full and Premiums are waiting, non premiums do not get in until the premiums are for the most part in the game.

And that's the way it should be. If you want a guaranteed slot, pay.

20 minutes ago, Devhyn said:

I think Rukkirii mentioned in another thread that they were working with devs on a server transfer thing, but don't quote me on it because I may have dreamed it or something.  I wish they'd had one in place when the game released, but they probably didn't expect queues to be nearly this bad and didn't want to delay release for it.

Server transfers are not possible at this time as the game was not originally built for such functionality.

why remove it ? I think the money from premium users will (hopely) used to expand the server capacity. If they removed the priority queue , the premium users will go away and no one will become a new premium user, then NCSoft will not have money to expand server capacity

6 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Server transfers are not possible at this time as the game was not originally built for such functionality.

Someone mentioned looking into it with devs earlier today, but I can't find a search function anywhere.  Aion wasn't built for that functionality on release either, was it?  They did eventually add it a few years later, though... I guess I'm just hoping because it's disheartening seeing so many people upset.

2 minutes ago, Devhyn said:

Someone mentioned looking into it with devs earlier today, but I can't find a search function anywhere.  Aion wasn't built for that functionality on release either, was it?  They did eventually add it a few years later, though... I guess I'm just hoping because it's disheartening seeing so many people upset.

Oh yeah we're totally looking into it but just wanted to make sure everyone knew that it's not simply a switch or something that we can turn on.

1 hour ago, MikeTheGamer said:

YES!  Beat them until they submit.  That ALWAYS works in the long run for customer retention.

I'm not telling you to go buy it. As of right now, those are your options. NCSoft can't please everyone, not that they shouldn't try. But the queues are ridiculous and they're responding by adding more servers. Some people are satisfied and some aren't, which is always going to be the case for whatever decision they make. 

1 hour ago, AmbivalentCat said:

Where did I say they wouldn't get priority? There's a difference between giving paying users priority and literally locking out anyone who isn't paying. Premium gives more than just shorter queues, but even if someone bought it just for that, your queues still wouldn't get much longer, but non-premium people would actually get in the game eventually.

Sitting in queue for 7-8 hours and not getting in is not okay, paying or not paying. That's just telling anyone who doesn't fork over cash that NC doesn't want them here. And like others said, not everyone pays for a game from the start. Some of us actually like to try them out first before deciding if we like them. Not everyone can afford to buy something like premium on a whim for a game we may not play more than a week if we don't like it. So yes, it is unfair that non-premium players can't get in, and it does need to change. I never said anything about premium users no longer getting priority, only making it feasible for people to actually get in.

Sorry, let me rephrase: Some people paid because they want to get in-game first. If NCSoft does make a 1:5 ratio for the queue, the non-Premium members have nothing to lose and will (hopefully) be happy. But Premium members will have to wait an extra x minutes when some only forked over the cash to get in the game first with the shortest queue possible. So yes, I am predicting that kind of change will cause problems based on how people reacted to the name reservation drama. 

Whether you can afford Premium or not is not NCSoft's problem - if you have a limited budget then you're going to have limited purchasing power and you won't be able to afford everything in life. NC decides that this is how much they want to charge for Premium and if you can't afford it then you're just going to have to wait for the hype (and queues) to die down. Sure, it's not a great strategy if they want to retain all their customers but they're more focused on targeting customers that can pay than customers who are just looking to try out the game/wanting to play for free. 

On 1/25/2016 at 11:04 PM, Devhyn said:

If you aren't willing to spend $5 to try the game, you probably aren't going to be a big spender anyway.  :/

Cute assumption.
Is that really a mentality a business would take in regards to potential customers?? If you don't want to buy the samplers, you're not worth selling to? That only big money spenders are of any value? I do hope NCSoft doesn't hold the same opinions as you, and am glad that you're not a representative on their behalf.
You have some valid statements, but please don't antagonize people on the fence with silly presumptions.

Priority queue is the only reason why I pay for premium, with it I've never had to wait for more than 10 seconds to login on Wild spring. I honestly think if they banned all the bots that would free up at least a quarter of the used slots.

On 24.1.2016 at 1:14 AM, Optimusbooty said:

So as of now i have been queued up for 6 hours, When i joined it there was 1640 players infront of me. throughout this entire queue there has also been a back log of Premium members a bit over 200, So What im seeing from all this  is that if the server is full and Premiums are waiting, non premiums do not get in until the premiums are for the most part in the game. so the longer it takes for them to get in the longer we wait and the longer it takes the more premiums stack up and you can see where this is going so what the *cricket* are you guys gonna do about it Im sick of this, I love the game But hate your choices This is ridiculous Still got a good 777 minutes for me.  

This is for anyone who is whiny about the ques, are you playing any other server than jiwan, pohwaran, mushin, windrest?

In my experience you can just find less popular server and the que isn't worse than 30 min.

F2p players are always so greedy and have so much to complain. Did it ever occur to you that there are thousands of people trying to get on the game because it's FREE? It's the same for every new MMO. The start hype is always the same. Learn to deal with it. And no, getting premium is not P2P as how it's optional. No one is forced to do anything. You pay to get ahead, that's all there is to it.

Archived