prices are ridiculous high WHAT THE

MilkJuggs

Nobody is seeing What im seeing ? why is this not addressed yet ? lol 1600 coins for $20? holy$%Hit, what in the world , the prices are ridiculous high, Student bundle for $5 my @$s, it doesnt even provide anything useful.... LOL, drop these prices down 50% Atleast! bare minimum !!!

I've seen way, way worse in a lot of other F2P games, so I guess I'm used to it.

The only problem I have with these prices is that a lot of the items are character bound, including the costumes. A near-$20 costume is fine by me, but don't restrict it to a single character. ._.

KR has it worse off than us. For the same price we get them, they have to rent outfits.
 Though, that being said the majority of the game's income will be from the outfits and other stuff like that, the prices need to be high to keep everything running so that makes sense.

Some outfits in Vindictus go for $40 each in the shop.

ugh, thats actually a low price compared to a lot of mmos or at least the ones I've played. On the last mmo I played, it cost $24 for a whole set at a discount price during first release. After that, its $35. On another one, a costume cost around $20.

For blade and soul, the highest I've seen a costume cost 1200n coins or $15.

22 hours ago, Kyenx said:

Wowie $15 for a costume, cheap.

Have you seen Nexon's pricings?
$40 for a costume that just came out with a discount, after two weeks the price rises to ~$60.

Sorry, but the fact that there are other companies out there with crappier practices does not excuse this one's practices.  Imagine you ordered a sandwich and found out the meat they serve is rotten. When you go to complain, I intercept you and claim that you shouldn't complain at all because the shop next door also puts dung sauce on top of their rotten meat.

WAHHHHHH! I have to pay money for things I don't even have to buy!
Seriously.... It's cosmetics.... Get over it. The prices are pretty standard.
I am Canadian and I have to pay 31% more than Americans because of the conversion rate and you don't see me crying about it.

5 minutes ago, Voretechz said:

I am Canadian and I have to pay 31% more than Americans because of the conversion rate and you don't see me crying about it.

What's considered "standard/affordable/expensive" is different to everyone. You might be fine with these prices but other people find that they're too high. 

What's considered "standard/affordable/expensive" is different to everyone. You might be fine with these prices but other people find that they're too high. 

15 minutes ago, Labbit said:

This is a free to play game, you don't HAVE to buy anything.
Anything you purchase is just convenience or cosmetic.
There are tons of free outfits in the game.

On 1/22/2016 at 3:49 PM, Kyenx said:

Wowie $15 for a costume, cheap.

Have you seen Nexon's pricings?
$40 for a costume that just came out with a discount, after two weeks the price rises to ~$60.

Idk about games outside of mabinogi and old DFO but

DFO prices werent awful considering you only needed to buy one outfit ever unless you wanted an advanced set that you could buy from other players and wouldnt really need for end game anyways and mabinogi prices arent very high at all and so many players buy them that the marketplace is full of cheap shop items for anyone that wants them

Now when we get into gachapon.....

Ive met people who have spent thousands not getting the thing they wanted

Those are evil. But thats what they get for gambling ._.

I find the Cosmetic pricing slightly expensive (considering they aren't even tradeable within your account). But I guess that's due to currency conversion (I use PHP).

The NCoins themselves are on a reasonable price, in my opinion. But honestly most items on the shop are just Cosmetics and the rest are things you can survive playing without.

1 minute ago, Yancha said:

Idk about games outside of mabinogi and old DFO but

DFO prices werent awful considering you only needed to buy one outfit ever unless you wanted an advanced set that you could buy from other players and wouldnt really need for end game anyways and mabinogi prices arent very high at all and so many players buy them that the marketplace is full of cheap shop items for anyone that wants them

Now when we get into gachapon.....

Ive met people who have spent thousands not getting the thing they wanted

Those are evil. But thats what they get for gambling ._.

Yeah RNG cash items are the absolute worst. However old old DFO used to be a lot worse on Avatars. It used to all be RNG. Also Rare Avatars are RNG and were always expensive to get.

I think the main game they are referring to is Vindictus but I can't remember costume prices in that game so I'm not sure.

Anywho, this game has good prices on their cash shop. It's the straight up average. It may be expensive for some people, but that does not mean NCSoft has to cater to them. It sucks that you can't afford it but NCSoft has to make money and they aren't overcharging by industry standards at all. You also do not have to purchase costume items to play the game at all. Now I also agree costume items from the store should be account bound though. It is annoying that they aren't. Main issue there.

Also a month of premium costs like 1k Ncoins but you  can only buy 400, 800, and 1600 around that amount. Kind of annoying.

7 minutes ago, Sdric said:

For 15 € I get TWO real T-shirts in a store.

Way to pricy to ask the same for a digital good....

Except the game is free to play. I could understand your argument if it was p2p or b2p but you are literally getting a game for free. Costumes(which are permanent) and Premium memberships are probably going to be their main source of income via the game. They have to pay the people working on the game. This is also well within average pricing amongst free to play games, and possibly below it so it honestly wouldn't make sense to lower the prices more. "Way to pricey" is an extreme stretch regardless.

It is the f2p business model. Apparently you don't like it but that is how it works.

14 minutes ago, ManaAether said:

Except the game is free to play. I could understand your argument if it was p2p or b2p but you are literally getting a game for free. Costumes(which are permanent) and Premium memberships are probably going to be their main source of income via the game. They have to pay the people working on the game. This is also well within average pricing amongst free to play games, and possibly below it so it honestly wouldn't make sense to lower the prices more. "Way to pricey" is an extreme stretch regardless.

It is the f2p business model. Apparently you don't like it but that is how it works.

Bingo. It's hard for me to take people seriously when they have a game that is completely free, open to play as much as you want on. go back a decade, and MMO's wouldn't even allow you access until you ponied up a credit card and locked yourself into a 15$ a month subscription (this was atop the 60$ for the game). 

Game is free, no sub needed (more free), and people gripe about a cosmetic item that is not needed at all. instead of paying 15$ just to get access to the game, your paying for a permanent costume for your character (don't forget that back in the day of 15$ subs, many of those MMO's also really didn't have customization).

Here'a a more realistic comparison to the 2 t-shirts. 15$ is roughly the cost to get 2 people into a 2 hour movie. instead of that, your getting a permanent costume on your character that you can play 24 hours a day 7 days a week. and you don't even have to pay it to play...consider it a donation to the company who spent all the time and money and is trying to pay developers, customer service agents, bookkeepers, janitors, security guards, and more....all receiving paychecks from what this game pulls in. 

If you feel that the price of a movie for two is too much, fine. you can still play the game and have plenty of costumes from the quest rewards. 

I wouldn't mind it being a BIT cheaper for a one-shot costume. but 800-1k isn't too pricey IMO for something that you'll have for the life of your toon.

Archived