Locking servers is unacceptable. This is now a failure of a launch.

DisasterMaster

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is unacceptable. Waiting til 6 in the morning here in EU and now they come with this bs... come on man! if you launch something atleast let us be happy about it... i though this game is going to be a new era and now they *cricket*ed it up... forcing another players to join other servers.

They might ignore us, like always, but if you let the player from the beggining with a bad taste... he might never launch the game again.

Its so sad. SMH

This is beyond pathetic; should of just waited and not gotten the founder's pack, would of created less issues.  My girlfriend waited till today to try and play the game and I made sure to make my character on a low population server just to avoid her not being able to create a character there, the server is Yehara.  The recommended servers said *cricket*ing yehara for two *cricket*ing days then the DAY she comes to play, you dumb mother*cricket*ers LOCK that server when it specifically says on the schedule today and this time YOU DO NOT LOCK YEHARA.  I was enjoying this game so much and you guys literally ruined it.  Good job, six *cricket*ing years in the making of beta testing all this other bullshit, and you couldn't even make server's that can handle a decent population.  Can't believe people gave you hundreds of dollars for a founders pack when this is what we get in return

Just now, positivcheg said:

So wut? servers are down? cuz i was trying to connect for a while and all the time i get 2000 error or "server is under maintance" xdd

So B&S team wasn't prepared for launch at all?)

Servers are up, I'm playing right now.  They're just locking the servers with the highest population to try to balance load.

As for complaints about no eta?  How would they know?  They'll unlock when they're more balanced.  It's a criterion based unlock.

35 minutes ago, DisasterMaster said:

Having a rotating lock schedule is understandable. Having a queue time, even a long one, is understandable. This is launch. Many people will be playing.

Having a lock schedule, and they going off schedule and locking other servers with no eta on when they will be unlocked, is not acceptable by any means. Period.

You have now turned this into a failure of a launch in the eyes of many, including me. I chose Jiwan during early access because the schedule said it would be available at launch. I have friends, and guild members from another game that are now waiting to join this server even though they should have been able to in the first place. You have essentially lied to your playerbase by going off this schedule. We don't mind queue times, we mind servers being locked when they are supposed to be open.

This is complete and utter BS.

Rant over.

Hi all,

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience. There is a trade off between extremely high queue times or blocking character creations on some servers until the queue load is more evenly distributed. We chose to do that to ensure a better launch experience for our new players. We understand that for some of you hoping to group with friends that this was not ideal and hope to get the servers back up to allow character creations shortly. 

Thank you for your patience,

-Blade & Soul Team

18 minutes ago, Deko said:

for what reason do they make a character restriction schedule if they didn't plan on following it

This. 

My friends asked me to join them on BnS for weeks. I didn't want to spend money on it until I could try it out first. They play on... yes... Mushin. YES, I KNOW. So yeah, I don't know what's going to happen now. I checked that thread where they list the lock-out schedule (Which they didn't follow) and suprise! Stuck on the character's creation screen.

I tried to make a diff. character on another sever. Got stuck in a long queue. Is it a thing here?

1 minute ago, Yaviey said:

Hi all,

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience. There is a trade off between extremely high queue times or blocking character creations on some servers until the queue load is more evenly distributed. We chose to do that to ensure a better launch experience for our new players. We understand that for some of you hoping to group with friends that this was not ideal and hope to get the servers back up to allow character creations shortly. 

-Blade & Soul Team

When is that? 1 hour? 2 hours? give us a little bit more information please. I was waiting to play it all day and be with my homies and now this is literally frustrating.

Fix it please. Let us atleast have a good taste of the game from the beggining

3 minutes ago, Yaviey said:

Hi all,

-Blade & Soul Team

Any estimated time for Windrest ? Or we simply cannot play with our friends never ?

Just now, Malvein said:

When is that? 1 hour? 2 hours? give us a little bit more information please. I was waiting to play it all day and be with my homies and now this is literally frustrating.

You will not have a good time if there is infinite queue times lol

2 minutes ago, Malvein said:

I'd say that all depends on the "Players" since NCsoft can't guess times of when Queues go down or not.

Just now, Lucille said:

This. 

My friends asked me to join them on BnS for weeks. I didn't want to spend money on it until I could try it out first. They play on... yes... Mushin. YES, I KNOW. So yeah, I don't know what's going to happen now. I checked that thread where they list the lock-out schedule (Which they didn't follow) and suprise! Stuck on the character's creation screen.

I tried to make a diff. character on another sever. Got stuck in a long queue. Is it a thing here?

Good luck if youre trying to get into Mushin. The queue times are still horrible even after people have transferred out. Queue times will be a thing for the next few weeks as everyone is flocking to try out the game. After a bit, things will die down and queue times will go down or even not exist on some servers. 

As for the thread, I can understand the frustration, my friends were hoping to make their chars on the server where I am, but they could not. Wait a bit and they will reopen again. Its better to have full servers throughout than to flock to one or two servers. Just ask Mushin.

Archived