Locking servers is unacceptable. This is now a failure of a launch.

DisasterMaster

5 minutes ago, Mecchi said:

Cute, everyone is crying, I guess you people are too stupid to realize what would've happened if they hadn't locked some of those servers.

You know what happened to Archeage? 12 hour+ queue times, I'm sure you wouldn't want to wait more than 8 hours to play your game now would you?

You are wrong, in Windrest que queue is short and still locked.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuccubusReimu said:

Nice.  If you guys were actual supporters of the game and followed the game news, you would have heard about the server locks and problems during head start.  

yeah boi, here you go, enjoy 

Pete, get in the VAN!

To be honest, just logged into Mushin.  No queue at all.

That said, it *still* makes sense for them to do their best to get the servers balanced, and I suppose there was functionality to lock the servers, but not any functionality to show server load to get players who aren't "affiliated" to avoid certain servers.

15 minutes ago, Azarot said:

Yeah, now only locket 3, but 30minutes ago i see about 10 locked:

Bad luck for mushin, jiwan and windrest, we cannot play with our friends, never, ever.

Well tell your friends to go to a different server.

Edit: Nevermind. I assume it's for balancing issues, and Mushin is part of the schedule as for being locked.

The biggest problem is that they didn't announce this. We had that character restriction schedule and everybody planed accordingly to that. If only they posted those new character creation blocks yesterday everything woud've been different 'cause now people got up early in the morning to play this game only to find out that they can't create their characters on wanted server. I mean, it was not a surprise that Windrest was the most populated during the head start, was it?

Yup we're all pissed at this poor way of handling the population situation. I even left Mushin to a less populated one and now it's locked and my friend that didn't get head start can't join me which means start all over again.  If it aint server crashes during launch it's bull crap like this.

1 minute ago, spfan87 said:

So I looked at the schedule and Mushin isn't supposed to be locked.

So when is it coming up?

It's still locked for about 43 minutes according to schedule. But that's assuming they didn't permanently lock it.

1 minute ago, spfan87 said:

So I looked at the schedule and Mushin isn't supposed to be locked.

So when is it coming up?

They realized a rotating schedule was silly and served no purpose, so made the smart decision to switch to locking the servers with far more people on them in order to balance things.  As such, presumably it'll be unlocked once the population on the other servers catch up some.

2 minutes ago, GnatB said:

They realized a rotating schedule was silly and served no purpose, so made the smart decision to switch to locking the servers with far more people on them in order to balance things.  As such, presumably it'll be unlocked once the population on the other servers catch up some.

They would eventually reach their goal filling all servers if they announced their plans. Why do I deserve to sit here and just try to make a char on Windrest each few minutes for god knows how many hours?

30 minutes ago, PharadoX said:

Maybe that wouldn't be so much of a problem if kicking out afkers was a thing. Not kicking out afks = long queue, long queue because people can just afk to avoid long queue. Ayyyyy.

They do that pal, they do kick out AFKers.

Archived