Locking servers is unacceptable. This is now a failure of a launch.

DisasterMaster

Having a rotating lock schedule is understandable. Having a queue time, even a long one, is understandable. This is launch. Many people will be playing.

Having a lock schedule, and they going off schedule and locking other servers with no eta on when they will be unlocked, is not acceptable by any means. Period.

You have now turned this into a failure of a launch in the eyes of many, including me. I chose Jiwan during early access because the schedule said it would be available at launch. I have friends, and guild members from another game that are now waiting to join this server even though they should have been able to in the first place. You have essentially lied to your playerbase by going off this schedule. We don't mind queue times, we mind servers being locked when they are supposed to be open.

This is complete and utter BS.

Rant over.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, this is utter BS..

The rotation schedule required us to pre-emptively plan which server we'd be going on with friends and some friends are in headstart so they've already joined the server we planned to go on.

..but now we're split up because NCSOFT are bloody unprofessional about things.

In my case, the game launched at 06:00 A.M. I forced myself out of the bed in order to create a character based on server lock schedule and find out that Windrest, where all my guild are, is locked.

And correct me if I am wrong, but i don't see any word about on twitter or facebook, so how do I know if they open the server? Keep looking at the creation character screen? Reload forum? Any advice?

Thanks.

No offense, but locking servers on a schedule was moronic.  Hopefully they've switched to something more intelligent like locking servers based on how many people are on them.

If you're having trouble getting on the same server as a friend, just wait a day or two.  It's not the end of the world.  The person who gets to 45 first doesn't win a prize.  (and you've already lost, anyways).

Might not have been a super professional move doing it with no heads up… but I’m sure they have good intentions  >-< trying to encourage the undecided people into servers that can handle the population and leaving the people who had their hearts set on a popular server to wait it out if they are determined enough…

Could have been planned ahead a bit better to be more fair to the people waiting but what can ya do  x.x

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

No offense, but locking servers on a schedule was moronic.  Hopefully they've switched to something more intelligent like locking servers based on how many people are on them.

If you're having trouble getting on the same server as a friend, just wait a day or two.  It's not the end of the world.  The person who gets to 45 first doesn't win a prize.  (and you've already lost, anyways).

I don't care about be the first 45 or something like that. Is not about that. I know that the first week in almost any MMO is total chaos, so i planned on create my character and wait a about a week until things get on place, but I just can't and wasn't no warning about it.

2 minutes ago, GnatB said:

No one said it's the end of the world. its just annoying to wait all day, be done with the character, then find out they locked it at the last minute.

I agree to this. I don't mind getting periodic locked...it means we can properly plan on where and when do we have to create new char. But this? I mean c'mon, 10 servers and you locked 7 of them without notice and out of schedule? That means you guys at NCSoft are effin unprofessional.. nuff said..

4 minutes ago, Wumperous said:

Every MMO I've ever played locks overpopulated servers. But please, do boycott or wait to join an overpopulated server.

I am very glad not to have to play with you people. :)

There's a difference between locking overpopulated servers and ignoring lock shedules while not giving a single chance to let people make a character on a server they wanted. Waited to the last second of launch just so I can get in before any locking would happen only to find out I'm awarded with no ETA.

I'm kind of wondering why are you even here now. So glad not to play with us, but so happy to chat tho?

3 minutes ago, PharadoX said:

I'm kind of wondering why are you even here now. So glad not to play with us, but so happy to chat tho?

I was already browsing the forum because I'm actually interested in playing the game, but now I'm just here to revel in your anguish.

drastic situations call for drastic measures while not ideal i doubt there is an ideal solution here considering the ones they are locking are literally the most populated servers to begin with that would have basically turned into a messy queue like what mushin is suffering from already since head start began

seriously mushin already had 4+hr queues due to population flood cause of ppl all going to just a select few servers they are trying to stop it from repeating not ideal no but this entire situation isnt ideal id be willing to bet

Archived