Concern after c2a event for doing dungeons for new players and alts. What are NcSoft plans?

Metatime

Admins dont give a damn about new players obviously. They made that mistake not bringing the story but having all bosses with extreme difficulty in f8 plus the weapon requirement, guess what... People have to report things 1 by 1 because they just havent got the ability to think
Good luck to new players and of course good luck to us as well cause this game will be dead soon AGAIN JUST BY NC SOFT

2 hours ago, lillvargen said:

there is still a way to do dungeons in f8 even without TT gear, just choose dungeon, go in, press+ for members

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

New players dont need to "join" dungeons, they can create own parties / groups and go in. Getting TT weapon is pretty easy and you can get it without even doing raid.

These don't solve anything.

That's not a solution.

NOBODY will join an HM14 character with Exalted weapon and BT accessories.

In fact, I think they will be kicked from anything they join.

Getting TT gear without raids requires .... Dailies!

WHICH YOU CAN'T DO WITHOUT HAVING GRAND CELESTIAL WEAPONS

With the HP being so stupidly high in Easy Mode, as soon as people see someone with Grand Celestial weapons, they will leave.

Now you can say "but just do weeklies"...

Yeah, do weeklies, once a week, and gear your way up at a pace of a few wings per week.

Play once a week for 2-3 months to be able to play everyday...

I can't stress this enough: THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!!!

People should just get the right gear out of the story, and a way to purchase it with Naryu Silver or something, for those older characters that are stuck on older gear.

That is the ONLY solution that will actually fix this problem.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

New players dont need to "join" dungeons, they can create own parties / groups and go in. Getting TT weapon is pretty easy and you can get it without even doing raid.

1. pls tell us how story gear people can do easy mode in terms of the dmg ?

2. TT Weapon can be earned pretty fast thats right but it still takes multiple days to aquire the needed stuff. Thoose are the most important days to catch new players interest as they create their picture of the game in thoose days.

3. Create your own party ? thats something that shouldnt be needed in the first place what do we have lfp for ? This is exactly why LFP got created.

As ive written before we need serious HP nerfs.

Next patch should come around november and hopefully it'll contain the next part of the story quest.

If I'm not wrong, I believe this part of the storyline will give player TB3-9 (I believe it's TB9 but can't confirm) and accessories, all those should be roughly equivalent to the gear we have by the end off the CtA.

Hopefully, we will also get the battle pass and there won't be any issue for new/returnee players going for the dungeons.

On a side note, if we don't get those, the game will probably be breathing his last...

35 minutes ago, FeuchterLyn said:

1. pls tell us how story gear people can do easy mode in terms of the dmg ?

2. TT Weapon can be earned pretty fast thats right but it still takes multiple days to aquire the needed stuff. Thoose are the most important days to catch new players interest as they create their picture of the game in thoose days.

3. Create your own party ? thats something that shouldnt be needed in the first place what do we have lfp for ? This is exactly why LFP got created.

1. A full party should not have issues clearing easy mode. Given it may take a bit, but should be doable considering there are no wipe mechanics.

2. Obviously....they should not be expecting to get high end gear just free.

3. LFP is for everyone, but that does not mean new players should expect a carry everywhere, nothing gives them a right to that. If they cannot get into existing parties, they can form their own lfp and look for players that want to join them for content.

@Grimoir,

Have u even tried leveling a new character? Believe its so much harder now to get gear and certain levels are internally "softlocked" in progress. currently even if u finish C2A. ur pretty much softlocked on that gear until at least countless weeks if ur lucky, otherwise u need to pump $$$$ to get past the lock. you are looking at the viewpoint from clearly a player who has finished and reached nearly the end gear. bro trying gearing from the start again now and see the pain.

Sure easy mode dungeons u dont wipe but it takes you way longer to clear. what other ppl are saying is there needs to be easier ways to get gear progression even after c2a which is clearly the problem right now. 

TT

ET <--c2a gets you here barely enough gear to barely do this even then ET raids are rare to recruit for. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

IA <--No one even recruits much for IA raids, next to impossible to get into IA raid now. the only way to get drops is from sell raids.

BM <-- all the ppl who can do IA easily, are now here doing BM. Most dont even bother with IA anymore unless selling drops for gold.

Currently if u did C2A ur finished at probs quite simple gear. sure u get silversteel access but those arent even upgraded and takes tons of mats more than countless weeks worth and now ur softlocked because the breakthrough items are in the 50x sanctum core boxes which with ur c2a gear doubt u can even do the normal version of the dungeons let alone not get kicked, unless u got really good buds who are already far in their gear willing to carry you. Sure easy mode drops it but from what ive experienced it is literally more rare drop than the Sun Access box which is Legendary.  

so once you get ur c2a thornbreaker weap and silversteel earring ur stuck because u need IA weapon mat to even go the next level but there is literally no raids even bothering to do much IA that is progression or recruiting/willing to carry new players that isnt a SELL raid. Most of those ppl who already selling IA raids drops are literally doing it only for the gold from sellers. The ppl who can do IA are already on BM raids and either do BM raids or sell IA raids drops. 

But as a new player even if u did C2A where do u even get the gold to buy the drops dropped? its literally like 10k gold for weapon mat. 10k gold isnt easy to earn for a new player even after C2A. hate to burst ur bubble but because there is a lack of IA raids or ppl willing to run for new IA raids there is gap in gear that is literally softlocked right after c2a gear. 

56 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

1. A full party should not have issues clearing easy mode. Given it may take a bit, but should be doable considering there are no wipe mechanics.

3. LFP is for everyone, but that does not mean new players should expect a carry everywhere, nothing gives them a right to that. If they cannot get into existing parties, they can form their own lfp and look for players that want to join them for content.

There are clear problems with ur logic here let me explain:

1. Keyword word is "it may take a bit", nobody wants to take 30 mins to do an easy mode dungeons because ur gear is C2A gear. used to be 10 mins runs tops now its like 15-30mins depending on gear. why NCsoft did this i dont understand, even now the bosses have more hp in easy than they did previously which is stupid. 
  2. Nobody expects high end gear for free. we all get that, the problem is the effort currently required is too much and too many content in the middle are run as often. Cue IA raids where ppl who can do this easily now either do sell runs only or are busy doing BM raids.  there is this large gap in the void between those who newly started a character and those who are already long past IA. there is no way to progress unless u have gold or sumhow manage to get recruited into an IA(which is next to impossible).
  3. LFP, ur taking the community too soft here. No one wants to party with sum1 who is undergeared especially when now content is much tougher. ever tried TC and get stuck on volkari even in easy mode because u cant meet the DPS? sure u can do mechs but i doubt other ppl in ur party will do mechs in EASY MODE. U are definately not clearing volkari with ur c2A gear if everyone else also had c2a gear. You need to open ur eyes and look at what the ppl here are complaining about. 

PPL here are complaining about the fact there is literally the void in progression after u finish C2A on a new character which isnt healthy for the playerbase growth on a game which is already dying. there is now a huge gap in the void of the playerbase where there are the long standing players who are already BM lvl gear and the other spectrum is those who started C2A. there is not much players in the middle level gear here. this problem.

Edited by Askaria
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Askaria said:

PPL here are complaining about the fact there is literally the void in progression after u finish C2A on a new character which isnt healthy for the playerbase growth on a game which is already dying. there is now a huge gap in the void of the playerbase where there are the long standing players who are already BM lvl gear and the other spectrum is those who started C2A. there is not much players in the middle level gear here. this problem.

Do not get me wrong, the current progression and loot rewards are just....completely messed up. Even if new players wanted to grind and farm there is nothing they can farm to get the scales needed for upgrades and i heavily doubt they will further reduce the HP of easy mode.

But still new players should never play a game with expectations they will get free carries (given i have been carrying some ppl lately in F8 since i can solo all of the easy dungeons anyway) . Generally easy mode should be doable with straight out of story gear and drop scales and some mats at least (unlike now where you get crap). As someone already mentioned the updated story should somewhat fix that gap, but i tihnk the HP in easy might still need a nerf regardless.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Do not get me wrong, the current progression and loot rewards are just....completely messed up. Even if new players wanted to grind and farm there is nothing they can farm to get the scales needed for upgrades and i heavily doubt they will further reduce the HP of easy mode.

But still new players should never play a game with expectations they will get free carries (given i have been carrying some ppl lately in F8 since i can solo all of the easy dungeons anyway) . Generally easy mode should be doable with straight out of story gear and drop scales and some mats at least (unlike now where you get crap). As someone already mentioned the updated story should somewhat fix that gap, but i tihnk the HP in easy might still need a nerf regardless.

The main problem right now isnt free carry, its that the gear u get given from doing the quests is too $**t to even do the easy dungeons. why they did they this not sure. maybe because they just copied the current korean system for UE4 and did some translations but not actual time to proper revamp and adapt the system to the current game. and upgrading it now is even more troublesome than it was half a year ago, significant difficulty increase on the easier content especially for ppl to even get the medium level gear is insane. 

especially when NCsoft trolls u by giving u Silversteel access but stucks u on thornbreaker 9 with c2A lmao knowing u will never cross the IA weapon gap as a new player or new character at least within the next 6 months without more $$$$. even if u sumhow get the weapon mat, u still need the ores and without an actual active weekly raid on IA for yourself ur silversteel 1-3 weapon forever remains 1-3 as there is currently no way to even get silversteel ores to upgrade it without doing the raid besides weekly silver lab for a measly 3 ores. 

Jokes aside, they clearly copied the korean version of the game for UE4 engine but didnt proper revamp the gear system to match NA current content standards because i assume too busy translating and releasing new class to bother with working out how ppl can gear more easily on the lower end. their whole point of doing c2A is to catch ppl up but how is thornbreaker weap enough to do current content easily when every single mode and dungeon bosses HP has now been buffed by a ton,  lols(without a carry of course) especially when most of the stuff u need for gear progression is on norms(which no1 barely does in f8 or chat) unless u got supreme gear of at least 2k+ with a good soul and heart. Even then running Normal and hard modes are rare.  who even runs UZUME 300 runs in normal mode when u jst do easy mode? 🤦‍♂️ but easy mode drops garbage doesn't even drop the scale chests which ppl need except in the daily. They need proper revamp of the current game system, not just copy the korean UE4 game and systems for translations and new class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

I havent tested it yet but if the timer runs out it should still wipe or not ? Cause with story gear even if you add GC weapon into it your dmg is still not enough to beat easy mode before timer runs out. We cant calculate 1 whale per party we are talking about a whole party with story gear. Even if you put mushin tower gear into it thats gonna be hard cause new players usually die even in easy mode.

GC is not high end its the bare minimum needed nowdays and if you cant run dungeons right after story and have to farm several days just to beat the most basic dungeon its gonna be a problem keeping new players ingame cause most are not thinking "nice days of farming just to do my first dungeon". I cant remember a single MMO where you need to farm several days before doing the very first dungeon.

We are not talking about leaching people. We are talking about people having the needed gear and dps to beat a dungeon they should not be forced to manually search half an hour for the most basic dungeons if this game has a lobby system. I would go even that far as to removing the ability to que with a full group outside of hardmode entirely so people are forced to run easy and normal with randooms too making lfp somewhat alive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FeuchterLyn said:

I havent tested it yet but if the timer runs out it should still wipe or not ? Cause with story gear even if you add GC weapon into it your dmg is still not enough to beat easy mode before timer runs out. We cant calculate 1 whale per party we are talking about a whole party with story gear. Even if you put mushin tower gear into it thats gonna be hard cause new players usually die even in easy mode.

GC is not high end its the bare minimum needed nowdays and if you cant run dungeons right after story and have to farm several days just to beat the most basic dungeon its gonna be a problem keeping new players ingame cause most are not thinking "nice days of farming just to do my first dungeon". I cant remember a single MMO where you need to farm several days before doing the very first dungeon.

We are not talking about leaching people. We are talking about people having the needed gear and dps to beat a dungeon they should not be forced to manually search half an hour for the most basic dungeons if this game has a lobby system. I would go even that far as to removing the ability to que with a full group outside of hardmode entirely so people are forced to run easy and normal with randooms too making lfp somewhat alive.

Does enrage after timer and kills u, even though timer is like 15 mins for most bosses in easy. If u want to test, go to TC and survive for 1 min on easy, the boss enrages and kills u even in easy mode. 

• Like 1

easy mode dungeons are easy enough for new players as there is no enrage timer, gear up and you can go nm and hm eventually

as for no solution to the f8 situation

make party open world with other new or older players, go f8, select dungeon and go in

why does every solution count as difficult or no solution for you guys

33 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

lol Cupid the saviour of the faction chat

easy mode dungeons are easy enough for new players as there is no enrage timer, gear up and you can go nm and hm eventually

as for no solution to the f8 situation

make party open world with other new or older players, go f8, select dungeon and go in

why does every solution count as difficult or no solution for you guys

there is an enrage timer for most of the last bosses bro. its 15 mins, its onli not showing because its so long it onli shows later if u take too long. the onli ones that have specific enrage is like the minibosses at the front like the voltari in TC because its part of mechanics. even CS has enrage timer. so how the hell do the other dungeons not have one? logic....... u really think their gonna let u sit at each boss for unlimited time when easy mode mechanics dont even kill u? doesnt even make sense.

Making f8 open world party doesnt work well if u undergeared, ppl actually check ur gear bro especially for harder dungeons. goes to show u are blind to the obvious errors of this game currently. U really think u can open world recruit for even TC normals, if u dont even have the gear for it let alone barely thornbreaker gear with less than 2k ap C2A gear . u think any1 will join? doesnt work like that. 

the key note here for u alone, is ur just making bs up as usual to blindside ppl to the reality of the problem of this game currently which im pretty sure the devs know these issues exists they just dont address it because it doesnt make them profit otherwise. ur comments are illogical and obviously biased.

Edited by Askaria
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I'm sorry did you just call GC high end? This had me rolling mate. In case you aren't aware, the raid itself is considered so low-end that you only get 3 minutes to clear the first two bosses now. Going by that train of thought, that means everything related to the raid is extremely low-end, puggable, and can be done quickly. Also in regards to the person saying weeklies is a possibility...yeah you need 5/5, and if dailies is an issue, weeklies will be even more an issue since Silversteel has an 11bil hp boss.

1 hour ago, Anaeva said:

@Hime
Why aren't you answering? 
This is important and needs to be addressed...

Doubt she will, she probs knows these problems are here and getting worse and nothing has been really done to address this. but because the devs control the game and the devs want more profits than community playerbase. she cant really do anything, nor acknowledge it publicly that these problems exists to this present day in the game because she is working for this game lol. Pity for Jonathan i guess, he left most likely because he knew this problem would occur due to devs needing more profits. especially now the game is making less and less money. at the end of the day its their own fault really, Short term profits for shareholders instead of long term gains to keep game alive. 

You know those breakthough items u get to breakthrough, its now trapped behind a 50 sanctum core wall. that clearly c2A gear cant break. lols. the breakthough box is even more rare drop than the Legendary sun access chest. all to get u run the dungeons more and more despite previously it dropped so much nobody even wanted the breakthough items.

C2A was pretty much to bring some returning players to give the game a chance again but now with IA raids dead except people only selling the raid drops for loot and not progression and the C2A cucks u by putting pre-IA you can see how its a trap. well i guess many players will at least coming back probs play for a few months then quit again. 

Edited by Askaria
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lillvargen said:

IA raids are not dead,, put together a group of 12, do the raid, raid sellers have been as long as I remember

yes, its a raid, you need mechanics, you need a group that knows who does what and when, learn together

I would be amazed if anyone even believed u, honestly at this point. It is pretty clear to anyone nothing you say here is true in any of your posts, those who even plays this game a few weeks to a month can clearly see that IA is clearly dead except for sellers. Having a shitton of sellers and no recruiting for actual prog group is never a good thing. all the ppl who can do it easily, are either selling IA or on BM. Why anyone who is even at BM gear would do IA besides selling for gold, not like they need the drops even if they do it bro? There is only clearly one thing they after which is gold.

The fact the c2A puts u at right before pre-IA gear is pretty apparent why they did that, especially your weapon. Why do you think they gave you thornbreaker instead of silversteel when they gave u the silversteel access already?. even silversteel 1-3 is better at helping crossing the void which is IA than thornbreaker 9. Using your brain a little, its quite obvious they know this is the wall that normal and new plays will find it hard to cross at least for the next few months even if u do active dailies. Sure u can buy the weapon mat, but where do u get the gold and mats from especially as a new player. 

its because they know this the point where you gonna be stuck at least for the next year trying to upgrade your weapon past silversteel. A-you need weapon mat and B-you need the hearts. Unless u got lots of gold or an actual active weekly raid, if ur new player your not gonna be able to get far at least within the next 6 months. Especially when Silversteel ores are neither sellable on market or bound to account yet and no active way to earn them outside of raid besides Lab for measly 3 hearts a week when weapon needs like 20-30 each level. 1 year to even get like 3 stages worth of hearts from lab alone.

raid doesnt work like that. u need at least a certain classes for group blocks and buffs and finding them and coordinating a group time to run isnt easy. no1 is willing anymore to carry newer players, especially older players who are long past IA. Almost no clans or groups are even actively recruiting for IA anymore, the ones they do have IA raids are already just ppl who dont need any of the drops and are just there to sell. Because with BM out, IA has lost its value let alone ET (ET is pretty much dead lols Nobody even recruits for this at all anymore) TT, VT and SK are now just like weeklies since basic gear is already long past this 3 years ago. 

Your posts in denying reality doesnt make it true, the fact that devs give C2A up to thornbreaker 9 is a clear reason why, because this is the level they believe that new players or characters will be stuck at least for the next 6 months to keep them coming and playing/farming. let alone they know their other content at ET level and before is practically dead, at the same time, they dropped a rock on their own foot, knowing that this Pre-IA is a huge dead wall and will most likely turn off players once the hype of UE4 or DB is over and reality sinks in that people start seeing that they cannot cross this wall either through the need for the weapon mat or hearts. sure you can buy your way through but this doesnt fix the problem for the playerbase, your avoiding the problem by gold/paywall. New players have no access to this and are forced to paywall to keep up, the devs have a crap ton of stuff to fix in this UE4 update like reliable source of farming scales etc.... but even then im pretty sure their gonna mess up somehow due to their greed before need for the playerbase.

Recent mushin events <--- u call this an event lmao. more like compensation to keep players playing since they know they messed up stuff in UE4 launch. probs took them like 5 mins to come up with this event tbh. 

once they see the game population dying most likely they will try to rush the SF 3rd spec or class change voucher updates to maybe try to bring back players. at the end unless they can fix this wall. Just gonna be the same thing of rollercoaster playerbase levels with devs trying to keep it alive but at the end falling to their greed, then again thats just human nature aint it?🤣

Edited by Askaria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, i finished the c2a event, and now i dont know what to do. Just becasuse, to do the raid after ET i need the silverstell weapon, and 10M+ dps parse (looking at the minimum on some recruitments). 

I tryed to enter a clan tree times atm, but the strong people just come in, do the dailyes with the same people every day and get out. 

The help for the new players or returned players is nonexistent, and i looking to get out again =/

I tryed so hard to socialize in this game, but every time the "numbers" are the most important thing... 
To get strong, u need to do a impossible content for your dps.

**Sry about my english, it's not my main language.

Edited by Desutroyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In terms of plan there is no plan they never had any planning for years just quick cash grabs and mobile money grabbing's in a PC game this company has no planning for long term investments only short terms like get people in get heir money and if they leave it does not matter they already got their money and there are the regular whales that come at every trove pour tons of cash then quite and comes back at the next one, it is called gambling addiction and it is super effective.