Archer class, but w/o Yun?!

Astarae

How can you introduce an archer class and ignore a woodland/nature race like Yun's?  It makes no sense? A group of female warriors, that don't specialize in bow?  When in history has that ever been the case?  Even woodland magic would go with Yun (if not exclusivly), but warlock isn't quite that class.

But Please don't leave yun's out of archery?  I'm really getting the idea that Korea really views women as a second, subservient class -- especially in their anime related products.  Traditionally, and in any reality, women, often being smaller than men, wouldn't want to compete head-to-head on strength, but would use ranged-weapons that let them shoot down enemies *BEFORE* they get into jump or approach range.  So it might not be a bad time to extend ranged classes's attack range to at least 20m if not 25m, otherwise, what's the point of being a ranged class?  Sure, as others have mentioned more than one of the melee classes can pretty much 1-hit the other classes, they only chance range classes have it to get more than one hit 1st.  

Do developers ever try classes like gunner to see if anyone can do an equally good job as any other class?  If not -- you ought to try sometime against expert melee-tank types and notice that gunners are dead instantly.  At least you shouldn't make it so obvious that you hate the class!  ;^)

This caught me off guard when I heard about it. The Yun race are basically elves, with their pointy ears and such. Elves in mythology and folklore are known to use bows, and in every story I've read involving elves, some of them were able to use bows. In fact, the Elven race in mythology wouldn't be described as graceful and majestic if they couldn't use bows.

If anything, this isn't something good to add lore-wise because I think the Yun should be the spearhead for bow-use, not the Jin, Gon, nor Lyn races. This is upsetting.

1 minute ago, Snowyamur said:

You mean Jin/ Lyn?

No, i mean jin and yun. I remember cause even in my clan people were suprised there is no lyn. whether its 100% true idk but all my clan just confirmed aswel that its jin and yun

10 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

No, i mean jin and yun. I remember cause even in my clan people were suprised there is no lyn. whether its 100% true idk but all my clan just confirmed aswel that its jin and yun

I don't think we'll know for sure unless someone from NCWest says something.

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Well that would make more sense...all i'd heard before this was the jin/lyn -- cuz like wardens, they wanted to see how a 6-ft weapon look on a 1-2 ft player character...:playdumb:;  They can't leave it out of jin's, I can see that -- since throughout the world we see jin soldiers using bows.  I could see han's not using bows as being  too scornful :hmph: to use such a little twig-like weapon....

Thanks for, I hope, setting my mind at ease....I hope... :tired::shy:

1 hour ago, Enigmatic Reaper said:

KR already announced its Jin and Yun like a week or 2 ago.  Was same time they gave the big rundown of what their skills are going to be like.  This is how we know they will have Alpha Call and have side step dodges instead of backward/forward moving dodges.

Hmm the only consistency I've seen regarding skills... aka having the classes that uses ranged projectiles to have alpha call (seeing as SB is on a cutter  (warlock) and an anime cliche (warden) and blue buff is on a honorable martial artist (KFM) and a trained backstabber (assassin)).... lol

On 6.6.2019 at 1:03 AM, Snowyamur said:

I don't think we'll know for sure unless someone from NCWest says something.

Because NCKorea saying it's jin/yun isn't good enough right?

Yeah, cuz it would never be possible NC West to do anything different in the West like make items more rare in dungeons so you have to buy them in the stores  or get them from troves because NC West was determined to see how much of the player base they could get convert to p2w or get rid of or  how they could squeeze out of that shrinking base before they'd have to commit to the resources to port an Unreal IV version to the western market.  Yeah, literally impossible.... :playdumb: ... just literally! 

Edited by Astarae

4 hours ago, Astarae said:

Yeah, cuz it would never be possible NC West to do anything different in the West like make items more rare in dungeons so you have to buy them in the stores  or get them from troves because NC West was determined to see how much of the player base they could get convert to p2w or get rid of or  how they could squeeze out of that shrinking base before they'd have to commit to the resources to port an Unreal IV version to the western market.  Yeah, literally impossible.... :playdumb: ... just literally! 

There have been things we got that were changed or rather "adjusted" for NA side, but anything not already developed most likely wouldn't be added for us. And it's been said before this thread was made that Archer would be for Yun/Jin, and Lyn would probably come a couple months later to get some Race Change sells.

Edited by wefhqweig

@Astarae: you seem to be confusing the adjustment of already implemented systems and drop rates, with content that has not been developed. That's like saying NCWest can just unlock male Yun race for us. It simply doesn't exist. And given that NCWest is a *publisher* not a developer, it would be *literally* impossible for them to develop content for this game.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 4:52 PM, Psylokke said:

@Astarae: you seem to be confusing the adjustment of already implemented systems and drop rates, with content that has not been developed. That's like saying NCWest can just unlock male Yun race for us. It simply doesn't exist. And given that NCWest is a *publisher* not a developer, it would be *literally* impossible for them to develop content for this game.

China was approached as a possibler publisher.  Instead, they wanted to be able to develop things as well.  It may not be an issue where something is all one way, i.e. it is possible in many situations to release development rights and materials for some things but not others.  So while you say NCWest is a publisher, that doesn't mean they are or forever will be limited to that.  It may very well be that they stay in that limited role, but it doesn't mean the role isn't mutable if both sides agree to it.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:51 PM, Enigmatic Reaper said:

KR already announced its Jin and Yun like a week or 2 ago.  Was same time they gave the big rundown of what their skills are going to be like.  This is how we know they will have Alpha Call and have side step dodges instead of backward/forward moving dodges.

At one point someone mentioned that gunners weren't real popular w/non-GS players (not really changed alot, IMO) and alpha call was added to encourage including gunners on missions.  Hopefully that won't change that much...(?)  

Does the side-step dodge mean GSs will get that as well?  I mean it would _make_ sense, but gunner's limited ability to dodge and recover from anything (takes forever to get up & SS takes forever to

cooldown).  Even with 25pts added to speed, I've seen other classes outrun my gunner.  What's up with that?  Will archers have to come to a stop and be frozen for an arrow barrage?  There's no way it makes sense that gunners have to stand full-frontal, in place to do the one skill that gives them any advantage.

Archers -- especially elves, could shoot when not on the ground and while running, but most gunners could shoot from moving vehicles as well as when running.  About the only shot that makes sense to be frozen (but lying prone) is a sniper shot.  But only because of the 300m distance -- 15m for a

sniper rifle is a joke.  Take a look at any chase scene -- neither side needs to stop to shoot.

Are archers going to need a 1.5-1 minute cooldown so their bow+arrows don't overheat as well (that would be as insane of requiring that long a CD for gunners).  Gunners haven't been that slow since they were muzzle-loading -- even breach loaded weaps were faster.  Only Gatling guns came close to requiring that long of a cooldown but as they were usually mounted on a wagon or truck, even they were more mobile than a glued-in-place gunner.  

I'm on both sides of any disparities between gunners and archers, though from my perspective, gunners and archers should be able to trade off weaps more easily after a learning stage, as

they do have similarities.  That could be fun -- having a dual-classed character...

32 minutes ago, Astarae said:

That could be fun -- having a dual-classed character...

After seeing all the various combos 3rd spec KFM will now have and the cognitive overload that is going to cause, I shutter to think what a dual classed character would do. 

"Doctor, it's not the headaches I'm worried about.  It's my fingers.  They're tied in knots!"