I thought wardens were supposed to be tanks

SkyStorm

They're not tanks, they're one-man killing machines. I've yet to see one of them actually do any tanking. The rest of  the party is just cannon fodder now.

My apologies to those of you who play wardens and aren't total asshats about it. To the others, stop joining parties if you plan on soloing the boss.

Well as far as I understand, the biggest power of wardens in PvE is their nigh immunity to crowd control (which is indeed totally unbalanced). But as for the bosses - it only can get them so far. Even if that's a fairly "sturdy" build with bolstered defense, it will fail on the attacks which must be iframed or on fails to do boss mechanics. So wardens perfectly die on things like ransacked treasury last boss.

And - I think the idea of the class is to try getting some money from the player-base on re-rolling, isn't it? It's how things are in BDO and in nearly any "free to play" MMO. No surprises here.

9 hours ago, Dellecross said:

Well as far as I understand, the biggest power of wardens in PvE is their nigh immunity to crowd control (which is indeed totally unbalanced). But as for the bosses - it only can get them so far. Even if that's a fairly "sturdy" build with bolstered defense, it will fail on the attacks which must be iframed or on fails to do boss mechanics. So wardens perfectly die on things like ransacked treasury last boss.

And - I think the idea of the class is to try getting some money from the player-base on re-rolling, isn't it? It's how things are in BDO and in nearly any "free to play" MMO. No surprises here.

Wardens do have iFrames. For example, their Q skill is an iFrame dodge that does a full 180 degree rotation behind the enemy (like Blade Dancers) and can be pressed a second time to rotate back to the proper side. They also, naturally, have their SS dodge.

As for their ability to tank, not only are they excellent tanks in most situations, if they are spec'd for Threat, they will take aggro from stronger, non-Warden tanks as well. This is because they have stackable threat skills that boost their threat to a near-ludicrous amount. While most tanks get roughly 300% or so threat, Wardens can double that to 600%. This means that a Warden needs to have someone do over 6 times the amount of their DPS in order to take aggro. Add to that their ability to resist most, if not all CCs and their easily-refillable Resillience meter and they can virtually stand their ground and pretty much ignore the boss' attacks.

Obviously, Wardens need to put in some more work in more complicated dungeons, but in many instances, Wardens are just built to tank... and tank well.

its been 2 month, why do ppl still complain? the other classes are just as broken on their respective fields

why dont you complain about kfm and  their hour long iframes,or the shitton  utility of SF

or bd and destros infinite spin, and oh wait, if you time your attack badly you even get stunned

what about summoners who are just straightup simplemode in every aspect of the game?

or gunners that 100-0 you in a matter of seconds

but wait, there are forcemasters too, that can stall with being in the air,and frozen for a minute

then there are assassins,i dont think that needs an explanation

wardens are literally punchingbags be it pve or pvp

it was also stated that the devs wanted to create more tanks in the game with wardens, if it would be as mech intensive as a kfm, ppl wouldnt play it at all

and it would ve been pointless to add it to the game(to me kfm is just too much hassle to even try)

take blade ward away and wardens are nothing, thats their signature skill,even sentry stance wont save you from a destoryer  that cc chains u till you start puking ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

another thing is, you do realise wardens are left defenseless for a good 6 sec if they go raidpath and not stormdragon,thats where the "mech" part kicks in

because the ammount of animationlock wardens get is just ludicrous(w/o bladeward wardens cant even do their rotations), if you dont watch the buff disappear an unlucky attack can fk up your whole party cause you got knocked away, you can play with the soulbadges,but those are just small additions compared to other classes badges

i bet half of the players base that cuss on wardens, didnt even try the class, or whaled on it so much that mechs are essentially not needed and just call it op

but if you whale enough, it doesnt matter what class you play, you can even transform into a megalodon in about 100k ncoin, and junghado will not save u from megalodons

41 minutes ago, Vyd said:

its been 2 month, why do ppl still complain? the other classes are just as broken on their respective fields

why dont you complain about kfm and  their hour long iframes,or the shitton  utility of SF

or bd and destros infinite spin, and oh wait, if you time your attack badly you even get stunned

what about summoners who are just straightup simplemode in every aspect of the game?

but wait, there are forcemasters too, that can stall with being in the air,and frozen for a minute

wardens are literally punchingbags be it pve or pvp

it was also stated that the devs wanted to create more tanks in the game with wardens, if it would be as mech intensive as a kfm, ppl wouldnt play it at all

and it would ve been pointless to add it to the game(to me kfm is just too much hassle to even try)

take blade ward away and wardens are nothing, thats their signature skill,even sentry stance wont save you from a destoryer  that cc chains u till you start puking ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

another thing is, you do realise wardens are left defenseless for a good 6 sec if they go raidpath and not stormdragon,thats where the "mech" part kicks in

because the ammount of animationlock wardens get is just ludicrous(w/o bladeward wardens cant even do their rotations), if you dont watch the buff disappear an unlucky attack can fk up your whole party cause you got knocked away, you can play with the soulbadges,but those are just small additions compared to other classes badges

i bet half of the players base that cuss on wardens, didnt even try the class, or whaled on it so much that mechs are essentially not needed and just call it op

but if you whale enough, it doesnt matter what class you play, you can even transform into a megalodon in about 100k ncoin, and junghado will not save u from megalodons

Every you wrote from start to finish is horseshit like do you even play the game or warden at all??

I heard of a Warden that does 3,000,000 burst dps on bosses. I've had wardens 1 shot me in pvp who are 200 ap lower or in arena. They ignore all CC. It's truly a broken and braindead class, and people who defend it are the ones who are main wardens now. Also almost every lfp f8 has 2-3 wardens per team too.

23 hours ago, iKickz said:

I heard of a Warden that does 3,000,000 burst dps on bosses. I've had wardens 1 shot me in pvp who are 200 ap lower or in arena. They ignore all CC. It's truly a broken and braindead class, and people who defend it are the ones who are main wardens now. Also almost every lfp f8 has 2-3 wardens per team too.

Keep crying so they get nerfed like the Gunner did.

On 10/21/2018 at 10:22 AM, Vyd said:

What about Warlock's !

They .... ah oh wait !!! No no wait!

No no Broken broken nerf them :)

On 20/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, SkyStorm said:

They're not tanks, they're one-man killing machines. I've yet to see one of them actually do any tanking. The rest of  the party is just cannon fodder now.

My apologies to those of you who play wardens and aren't total asshats about it. To the others, stop joining parties if you plan on soloing the boss.

I guess all wardens that you met don't know how to tank (based on what you said). But no, warden is a TANK class, as someone who plays the 3 tank classes i garentee you wardens can tank better than kfm/bm, not only better at holding agro, but positioning the boss as well. KFM don't have enough utilities to move behind the boss quickly ( aside from turning camera 180° and ss), BM can't hold agro very well especially if u have high ping, BUT warden have BOTH, positioning, holding agro, he can even ignore cc's 80%+ of the time, like seriously what do u mean they're not tanks ? are u talking about specific people or warden as a class? 

On 10/21/2018 at 8:24 AM, SilverFoxR said:

Wardens do have iFrames. For example, their Q skill is an iFrame dodge that does a full 180 degree rotation behind the enemy (like Blade Dancers) and can be pressed a second time to rotate back to the proper side. They also, naturally, have their SS dodge.

I did not tell they don't. But they still have to use those and do some mechanics. It's not like they're invincible. But yes, it's annoying how other melee must dance around bosses and look carefully for their every move while wardens can just stand there and hit and hit and hit.

Archived