5 week "Way of the Warrior Event"

ElectricPotato

WIth the frozen firing range needing to be extended a week, and the unusual 5 wk event period for "Way of the Warrior", it makes one assume the way of the warrior was originally planned for 6 weeks.  Have way of the warrior event item costs/currency yields taken into account the 5 weeks instead of the usual six?

I'm also pretty concerned by the fact that the event currency is being put into raids/dungeons with high AP requirements instead of dungeons easily accessible to a new character. Sure, the warrior will get things from the daily and cold storage, but will it be enough to get all rewards within the event period?

58 minutes ago, Souba said:

I'm also pretty concerned by the fact that the event currency is being put into raids/dungeons with high AP requirements instead of dungeons easily accessible to a new character. Sure, the warrior will get things from the daily and cold storage, but will it be enough to get all rewards within the event period?

By "Raids" they mean the weekly ones such as " DKV, SJF, FAS". They do not mean BT / VT / TT. It even states it clear in the event news post. you will also get emblems from purple dungeons on specific days like DT, EC and so on.

REad it here: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/way-of-the-warrior-event-juggernaut-jackpot-arrive-september-12/

1 hour ago, Liinxy said:

Don't worry! The dev. team made sure to adjust the currency and transformation costs to fit a 5 week event period instead of 6 weeks.

Yeah, I remember how great your math was for the soul event, so I'm sure there will be problems here too, like for instance how participating requires you to be level 55, then there's various dungeons involved that the community demands 1.1k AP for, and oh, it's suppose to be an event associated with the release of the new class, that is released at the same time. Some people always boast about how quickly they can level a character up, but not everyone has every available advantage at their disposal, and rushes that much, so while some of the more hardcore people may in a day get through the story content, that they won't read, or watch as they're skipping all that, so they can start at least partially participating in the event right away, others could take a week, or more to do the same. Did your math calculate for that?

Why couldn't you just have events to help players level up what they already have, rather than more of these nonsense all, or nothing ones, that also makes people that had been investing in what they had feel like they wasted their time, and effort in doing so? I'm soooooooooo glad that these are the same souls, and pets from the prior events, and that I have zero interest in the new class, so I don't feel at all motivated to participate in this event either, or at this point, continuing to play much, if at all.

28 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

Yeah, I remember how great your math was for the soul event, so I'm sure there will be problems here too, like for instance how participating requires you to be level 55, then there's various dungeons involved that the community demands 1.1k AP for, and oh, it's suppose to be an event associated with the release of the new class, that is released at the same time. Some people always boast about how quickly they can level a character up, but not everyone has every available advantage at their disposal, and rushes that much, so while some of the more hardcore people may in a day get through the story content, that they won't read, or watch as they're skipping all that, so they can start at least partially participating in the event right away, others could take a week, or more to do the same. Did your math calculate for that?

Why couldn't you just have events to help players level up what they already have, rather than more of these nonsense all, or nothing ones, that also makes people that had been investing in what they had feel like they wasted their time, and effort in doing so? I'm soooooooooo glad that these are the same souls, and pets from the prior events, and that I have zero interest in the new class, so I don't feel at all motivated to participate in this event either, or at this point, continuing to play much, if at all.

Because souls and pets can be sealed and if you cant make it in the event you can buy them from famring gold....LUL

36 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

I guess they don't want us to advance too fast/easy beyond the first orange soul/pet, that's why they have the same soul/pet yet again, but oils and pet packs stay rather pricy and hard to get ... Idk

I'm still happy they offer another chance at getting those, cos I wasn't able to get them during the recent events.

I only hope there's no more random stuff involved and I can just farm the currency a little bit per day and get the things I want guaranteed eventually. Pretty please :3

Just wanted to add that I'm reminded of the Soul Fighter release event, it was a Daily Challenge related one, so many people rather than making a new Soul Fighter, just did the event with their existing character/s. That was back when level 50 was cap, and there were less Acts, people complained about that back then, looks like they didn't learn anything, or are just trying to pressure people into getting the level 50 vouchers from the cash shop.

38 minutes ago, Stacey Banks said:

I guess they don't want us to advance too fast/easy beyond the first orange soul/pet, that's why they have the same soul/pet yet again, but oils and pet packs stay rather pricy and hard to get ... Idk

I'm still happy they offer another chance at getting those, cos I wasn't able to get them during the recent events.

I only hope there's no more random stuff involved and I can just farm the currency a little bit per day and get the things I want guaranteed eventually. Pretty please :3

I've been saying this for a while, but come Act IX, I rather expect it will provide a higher level soul, and pet from the story quests, just as we got one of both in Act VII, which were then replaced with better ones in VIII. It's entirely possible that these two from the events, won't be all that much better than what Act IX will provide. Then of course they don't want us to progress too quickly without spending money, that's been their clear monetary policy for some time now, and as this has become another tiresome grind your life away, or whale up game, I'm feeling less, and less desire to so much as even log in twice a day to just spin the daily dash wheel.

1 hour ago, Why Bother said:

NCSoft shouldn't be blamed because the community places restrictions on F8 parties. If you look at the event this is one of the better ones they have had recently.

21 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

NCSoft shouldn't be blamed because the community places restrictions on F8 parties. If you look at the event this is one of the better ones they have had recently.

^ this, it’s so easy for people to place blame on others instead of looking at themselves first. Though I know ncsoft has had their fair share too.

28 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

You have GOT to be kidding me?! People made the same complaints during the soul grind event, as it used some of the same dungeons, and that was even regarding existing characters, while this grind event is supposedly mainly directed to people making the new class being released at the same time. They already knew full well what kind of demands people make for such dungeons, and that this grind event is supposedly aimed at BRAND NEW characters, meaning it could be some time before they even get to level 55, yet NCSOFT still chose to put those dungeons in any how, not the players. Since they would have known all that, explain how it's not reasonable to place the blame on NCSoft.

Tbh I think no matter which dungeons they put for the event, people will still ask for a ridiculous amount of ap just to keep new players out of their party. Even new players don't want to play with new players. So while nc could have done something to avoid that problem temporarily, the only way to truly put an end to this ap crap is if the community stops being so harsh. While we already hold nc accountable, it's time to start holding the community accountable as well.

The more they try to help new players by giving them gear the more the community demands more ap for simple dungeons.

1 hour ago, SalemK said:

Tbh I think no matter which dungeons they put for the event, people will still ask for a ridiculous amount of ap just to keep new players out of their party. Even new players don't want to play with new players. So while nc could have done something to avoid that problem temporarily, the only way to truly put an end to this ap crap is if the community stops being so harsh. While we already hold nc accountable, it's time to start holding the community accountable as well.

The more they try to help new players by giving them gear the more the community demands more ap for simple dungeons.

As I've said before, the only ones more against new players than NCSoft, is the B&S community. Although what you said is also flawed, as we've had many events associated with specific dungeons, and for some time now so long as it's a dungeon below Naryu Sanctum, you can just hit LFT, and be tossed into a party that should be able to clear it easily enough. The problem is it's NS, and above that you tend to need one of those arranged teams, so are at the mercy of the demands of the community, and NCSoft keeps asking people to do NS, and higher in events, even those supposedly aimed at lesser geared, and/or new players/characters.

Also think about it, for characters that participated in the soul, pet, and/or weapon upgrade events, and got at least some of those things then, they surely wouldn't need/want nearly as many of these event tokens as a brand new character will, which could be trying to get all of those things. Yet the ones that will have the hardest time participating in this event, and want the most tokens, will be those people making a new character.

They could have arranged it in no shortage of ways to make it FAR more accessible to those making a new character, but instead it will work pretty much exactly as the weapon, and pet events did, since hopefully there will be no RNG like in the last soul event, when those were more aimed at helping lesser geared existing characters. In the past they've even done things to give new characters a hand in these sort of events, by for instance giving a number of tokens out in one of the story quests, like was done during the Gunslinger release event I think it was. Instead all they're giving out sounds to be the free ones in the cash shop, that everyone, new, and old will have access to, and will be per account, rather than per character. Then none of this would even be a talking point to begin with if they didn't keep tying game progression together with events, rather than progression being associated to playing the game, and have events for extra stuff, and usually only help expedite progression with things like XP buffs like pretty much every other game does.

3 hours ago, Why Bother said:

You have GOT to be kidding me?! People made the same complaints during the soul grind event, as it used some of the same dungeons, and that was even regarding existing characters, while this grind event is supposedly mainly directed to people making the new class being released at the same time. They already knew full well what kind of demands people make for such dungeons, and that this grind event is supposedly aimed at BRAND NEW characters, meaning it could be some time before they even get to level 55, yet NCSOFT still chose to put those dungeons in any how, not the players. Since they would have known all that, explain how it's not reasonable to place the blame on NCSoft.

If other players demands are too high for you, you can make your parties. If sopmeone makes a party for 12.1k AP, he has the right to, if you dont fit in, make your own. There is literally nothing stopping you to make your own parties, but guess what, you want an easy run so you want geared people to take you.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

If other players demands are too high for you, you can make your parties. If sopmeone makes a party for 12.1k AP, he has the right to, if you dont fit in, make your own. There is literally nothing stopping you to make your own parties, but guess what, you want an easy run so you want geared people to take you.

^^This!!! This right here is what I'm looking for. Finally someone with a functioning brain. So here's my problem with this community. We have a great event here. It's good for both geared and new players who are trying to have decent gear and guess what happens...people complain. This problem you think NCsoft isn't fixing isn't something they need or have to fix. That's our job as the community. F8 is an absolute disgrace. Like 100% bonafide hot garbage and you want to know why because most of us in the community either don't want to teach any of the new players the ropes and others just want a free ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ride through dungeons. If you or other players are so sick of it, then make your own party. Be the change you want to happen. Stop grinding the company for a problem the community itself made. Like damn NCsoft isn't the best company and some things they've done are a bit shady, but damn this player base is so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing entitled its actually giving me aids.

10 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Don't worry! The dev. team made sure to adjust the currency and transformation costs to fit a 5 week event period instead of 6 weeks.

I think you should seriously do something about the stuff that has been upgraded just recently. Missing previous soul event, going from solak to true ascending just to hear that soul event is returning ... not even half funny.

1 minute ago, SauronTheGreat said:

I think you should seriously do something about the stuff that has been upgraded just recently. Missing previous soul event, going from solak to true ascending just to hear that soul event is returning ... not even half funny.

True ascending is an old soul and people need to get geared. It was obvious they're going to get newer players this gear. Like there are so many other things you can get from this event Idk how someone can complain. Like Frozen firing range was straight terrible and now we have an actual good event.

21 minutes ago, RedTheLegend said:

True ascending is an old soul and people need to get geared. It was obvious they're going to get newer players this gear. Like there are so many other things you can get from this event Idk how someone can complain. Like Frozen firing range was straight terrible and now we have an actual good event.

LoL, what ? Did i say event is bad ? What are you even talking about ?

If you have some fortune telling channel, i should subscribe ... 'cos i can't really see how it was so '' obvious '' that they were going to re-launch an event with a short time gap just to cuck people that sucked it up & upgraded theirs normally after missing it.

1 hour ago, SauronTheGreat said:

If you really like just now upgraded it you can request a revert at support. They should revert your soul and return the upgrade materials.

17 minutes ago, HateMe said:

If you really like just now upgraded it you can request a revert at support. They should revert your soul and return the upgrade materials.

Tried that. Thanks support for their kindness even though what they offered was a bit too beggarly compared to overall maths used. But, those guys at least seem to care, unlike development team or whomever spamming these events recklessly.

I would be ok if i rushed to upgrade something when it was just released and enjoyed it for a while without it becoming free right after.

I sucked up missing the event & upgraded mine normally as it's my problem. But, this now is totally slapdash.

1 hour ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Tried that. Thanks support for their kindness even though what they offered was a bit too beggarly compared to overall maths used. But, those guys at least seem to care, unlike development team or whomever spamming these events recklessly.

I would be ok if i rushed to upgrade something when it was just released and enjoyed it for a while without it becoming free right after.

I sucked up missing the event & upgraded mine normally as it's my problem. But, this now is totally slapdash.

Well you need to keep in mind that things like this happen in all games. Things you ned to upgrade now may become event parts later on. Same with weapons you upgrade them now but later they get a cost reduction. this is how things go, you need to ask yourself "do i want to blow a ton of mats and upgrade now because i want to" or " i can everything fine, ill wait till it gets cheaper and move further". thats the difference. Complaining and such because they make events which are good and help because someone decided to upgrade earlier is kinda dumb in my opinion.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

Well you need to keep in mind that things like this happen in all games. Things you ned to upgrade now may become event parts later on. Same with weapons you upgrade them now but later they get a cost reduction. this is how things go, you need to ask yourself "do i want to blow a ton of mats and upgrade now because i want to" or " i can everything fine, ill wait till it gets cheaper and move further". thats the difference. Complaining and such because they make events which are good and help because someone decided to upgrade earlier is kinda dumb in my opinion.

Your definition doesn't quite fit with what i'm complaining about. There have been many things i threw fortunes to upgrade, which later on became event stuff, especially on my main. But, i don't complain about those. I don't think that you are sincerely trying to understand, but i explain once more again :

I have never seen here or in any other game, same event stuff being re-launched so soon, with a short time interval as '' bait ''. Let's be honest, who would expect them to give away pets and souls again in such a short time ? If they wanted to help people catch up, what about the people that missed the event and had no other way but pay to '' catch up '' ? 6-7k for ? Is it biting the bullet upgrading your soul/pet after you miss the event ? I don't think so ... seeing the flood in faction chat people trying to sell their True Ascending for 4-5k, god help them. Not being able to see the incompetence here and trying to troll me as '' It's good event, your fault for not foreseeing the same event coming again in a month '' is just dumb. You haven't foreseen it either. But, it's easy for you to say '' Your fault '' because you are not affected.

I have already made my petition clear for whomever are behind this. Don't have time to argue with random people over something that is no skin off their teeth.

22 minutes ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Your definition doesn't quite fit with what i'm complaining about. There have been many things i threw fortunes to upgrade, which later on became event stuff, especially on my main. But, i don't complain about those. I don't think that you are sincerely trying to understand, but i explain once more again :

I have never seen here or in any other game, same event stuff being re-launched so soon, with a short time interval as '' bait ''. Let's be honest, who would expect them to give away pets and souls again in such a short time ? If they wanted to help people catch up, what about the people that missed the event and had no other way but pay to '' catch up '' ? 6-7k for ? Is it biting the bullet upgrading your soul/pet after you miss the event ? I don't think so ... seeing the flood in faction chat people trying to sell their True Ascending for 4-5k, god help them. Not being able to see the incompetence here and trying to troll me as '' It's good event, your fault for not foreseeing the same event coming again in a month '' is just dumb. You haven't foreseen it either. But, it's easy for you to say '' Your fault '' because you are not affected.

I have already made my petition clear for whomever are behind this. Don't have time to argue with random people over something that is no skin off their teeth.

I did not mean to say "your fault" and if it came out that way i apologize. I simply meant to say that that is the way things go in a game. And its not really a bait, but an addition to the new class release, thats why its so short after the other event. One thing we all know already about ncsoft is to expect the unexpected. Thats why i said its a good thing you have the option to revert an item if you invested so much in it and bam an event basically makes it worthless. Upgrading your gear is never your fault (unless you literally do it during an event simply ignoring to take part in it).  To you it may seem spamming the same event recklessly, i see it more as: an extra event for the new class for players to get the harder items upgraded easier.

4 hours ago, Why Bother said:

Why are you even responding to HateMe's posts? HateMe is a troll, even his/her forum user name advertises that fact. He/She just pops up into thread, after thread to provoke people into reacting badly with insane "arguments", and obvious outright lies. No matter how many times some of them get shot down, and shown as false, like the "all you have to do is make your own team" one, he/she will still come to thread, after thread to repeat it, as he/she knows it will get under the skin of people, as it is such nonsense. It continues to astound me that he/she hasn't been permanently banned by now, while the forum admin staff will punish/warn other people over nothing statements. If the "Ignore User" forum option that appears in the pop-up when you hover your pointer over a user's name actually worked, I'd have set it for him/her ages ago, but as it doesn't, I have to see his nonsense troll posts, and use my own good sense to ignore them.

Hello, i simply state my opinion on things and provide arguments to support it. If you cannot handle a simple, mature conversation i would very much appreciate it if you would stop slandering my name and adhere to the forum rules by yourself. thanks,

Archived