BM NEEDS MORE DPS

i wanna die

im a 1.1kap tank, I can pull 200k dps at the start of my rotation and less than 100k at the end of my rotation and I find it hard to tank against other people when they steal my aggro because of their insane dps. Most people in my party are whales so I don't even have half as much dps as they do and I cannot seem to hold agro even while doing my rotation. I feel like this needs to change, like make bm a tank regardless of how much dps he does or add more dps. Its so annoying because whales blame you for not holding agro saying that you don't know how to play your class when they bought their gear having aransu 3 and expecting a raven 3 bm to hold agro. im so sick of arguing with them and explaining that the strongest person will always be the target and I don't get why bm is supposed to be lowest dps class in game like they need that dps to hold agro against ppl who do 5 times as much dps as you do.. 

• Like 1

BM dps is fine. 1.1k ap means nothing alone, rest of your gear must be trash if you can't even hold 100k. You have 200% threat as bm and can spec 100% more if necessary, someone has to do 300% more dmg than you to steal aggro. There has to be a extreme gear difference if you lose aggro because of that, you can't expect to hold aggro with no gear vs people who are maxed.

They're probably too used to having a kfm tank. Kfm can easily start out with 600% threat, while something like a fire bm only has like 500%. Sure the bm can use an extra skill to catch up to 700% threat, but so can the kfm and reach 800%, and upto 1000% with block. Doesn't help that both bm blocks don't generate any aggro.

Kfm built in burst using bb also helps amp up that 1000% aggro.

As a bm main, I don't think we're in too bad of a place in terms of dps and holding aggro. Sure we're no where near the top in terms of dps, but we're not at the very bottom either. I can hold aggro just fine in vt raids even against gunners with much better gear than me bursting 1.5m+ dmg. That's a little more than 2x my burst damage, but by the end if the raid, the difference between our dps is only maybe 10-15% or less.

It's incorrect to say that the strongest person will always hold aggro. There are a few things that factor in who has aggro like dps, threat skills, and how often you get cced. With this in mind, if you have your skills specced correctly, know how to optimize your rotation for dps and stacking threat, and are able to avoid getting cced, you should be able to easily hold aggro against people doing 3x+ your damage. The only exception is maybe a much better-geared fire gunner (if you're still at lower raven) in the beginning because of their insane burst.

Another thing: AP isn't a good indicator of how strong a character is. By saying that you're 1.1k, it's not really telling us much. You need to tell us about your accessories, badges, and soul shield. I've seen many people try to boost up their ap by using horrible accessory or soul shield combinations which only helps them get into noob parties, but will only get them kicked if the leader is experienced and knows how to look at gear. I'll take a 1.05ap raven 3 with bt accessories and bt ss over a 1.15k ap bale 12 with destiny ring+earring and msp+ns ss any day.

10 minutes ago, CookiesNmilk said:

As a bm main, I don't think we're in too bad of a place in terms of dps and holding aggro. Sure we're no where near the top in terms of dps, but we're not at the very bottom either. I can hold aggro just fine in vt raids even against gunners with much better gear than me bursting 1.5m+ dmg. That's a little more than 2x my burst damage, but by the end if the raid, the difference between our dps is only maybe 10-15% or less.

It's incorrect to say that the strongest person will always hold aggro. There are a few things that factor in who has aggro like dps, threat skills, and how often you get cced. With this in mind, if you have your skills specced correctly, know how to optimize your rotation for dps and stacking threat, and are able to avoid getting cced, you should be able to easily hold aggro against people doing 3x+ your damage. The only exception is maybe a much better-geared fire gunner (if you're still at lower raven) in the beginning because of their insane burst.

Another thing: AP isn't a good indicator of how strong a character is. By saying that you're 1.1k, it's not really telling us much. You need to tell us about your accessories, badges, and soul shield. I've seen many people try to boost up their ap by using horrible accessory or soul shield combinations which only helps them get into noob parties, but will only get them kicked if the leader is experienced and knows how to look at gear. I'll take a 1.05ap raven 3 with bt accessories and bt ss over a 1.15k ap bale 12 with destiny ring+earring and msp+ns ss any day.

I have bt ring stage 3, bt earring stage 4, bracelet stage 6, full bt ss (almost all pieces have crit and fused), basic badges skyrift mystic badge and (blue moon badge because I cant get the other one cause its not the right season in toi)

Edited by i wanna die

7 hours ago, Mushin The Divine Fiste said:

They're probably too used to having a kfm tank. Kfm can easily start out with 600% threat, while something like a fire bm only has like 500%. Sure the bm can use an extra skill to catch up to 700% threat, but so can the kfm and reach 800%, and upto 1000% with block. Doesn't help that both bm blocks don't generate any aggro.

Kfm built in burst using bb also helps amp up that 1000% aggro.

wtf is 800% aggro? :giggle:

HM level threat point means + 100% but not doubling what you have

Fire KFM uses a lot of comet strike, which damage generates 3 times the agro and it refreshes a lot, a 100k dps KFM can hold agro over my bm when I was on over 200k dps, when we both have equal aggro equiped

Edited by IAmWho

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...