fight against players with same elo? are u kidding?

Hi, 

I´m new in this game and I decided to play BnS because of the PvP element. 

My experience in PvP? 20% afk Zen farming, 70% high elo guys which drop till bronze and smash some noobs or log in with their alt acc/char, 10% guys which play rly on there elo.

I asked in chat if this normal.."thats normal in BnS" (!?)

I cant believe that BnS a PvP focused game let ppl act like this.

In many gams are smurfs and its okay. But I think with so many of them..who wanna start in PvP then? 

Thats the reason why PVP is close to dead in B&S. Havent seen platin and above all diamond since ages. A year ago you saw quite a lot of gold and even Platin players typing in f-chat now even gold is quite rare.

Ill guess one of the main reason why people, exspecialy the pro playing with many alt are the weekly and season rewards. You can make a lot of HM coins when you are placed in the higher ranks. 

Helpfull could be a change to the reward system, for example only the highest ranked char on an account will get the weelkly /season reward, would stop all those alts farming and maybe some mor players wil get back to arena.

There's nothing wrong with good players having alts... if they're different classes that is. We have 10 classes on this game so of course people will be attracted to a few of them and there's nothing wrong with that, even if the fact they're amazing PvP players on their main class tends to carry over even on alts for obvious mechanical reasons, you can't really complain about it.

However ? The people who have like 5+ alts all of the same class really ruin a lot of people's fun, understandably so, I'm sure it's pretty fun noobstomping in 1v1 or carrying teams in 3v3 that way but in the end it hurts the PvP more than anything. You can smell the irony through the screen when a guy with 7 alts of his main class complains about dead PvP since he's actively participating in that PvP's death.

Kind of a vicious circle, good players climb up too fast, queues become too long so they make an alt, new players get wrecked worse than a newcomer on For Honor so they give up on PvP altogether, player pool diminishes so the good PvP player makes another alt, rinse repeat. Fast forward to 2018 and now being 1700 in 3v3 puts you in top 10 comfortably, that's just sad.

Now just add to the above the general problems of PvP like class unbalance, stacked premades in low elo and cancerous strats on 3v3 like wallbangs or the overall aerial meta and you've got an understandably dead PvP scene.

At this point though it doesn't really matter anymore, too far gone.

So, sorry OP but that's just how it is sadly. Try to play when daily challenge has PvP quests on the list, usually that encourages PvE players to go into the Arena so the average skill level drops down a bit. Hope you'll still manage to have some fun !

Thank for your interesting thread. I did not know that :  "somme players have 5+ alts all of the same class. Really they ruin a lot of people's fun, understandably so, I'm sure it's pretty fun noobstomping in 1v1 or carrying teams (*) in 3v3 that way but in the end it hurts the PvP more than anything. You can smell the irony through the screen when a guy with 7 alts of his main class complains about dead PvP since he's actively participating in that PvP's death".

(*) Did they used to ask Gold money, when their alts are carrying teams in 3v3 Arena ?

I hope more people will "try to play in Arena when daily challenge has PvP quests on the list, usually that encourages PvE players to go into the Arena so the average skill level drops down a bit".

On 4/7/2018 at 9:11 PM, KillerEnte said:

Hi, 

I´m new in this game and I decided to play BnS because of the PvP element. 

My experience in PvP? 20% afk Zen farming, 70% high elo guys which drop till bronze and smash some noobs or log in with their alt acc/char, 10% guys which play rly on there elo.

I asked in chat if this normal.."thats normal in BnS" (!?)

I cant believe that BnS a PvP focused game let ppl act like this.

In many gams are smurfs and its okay. But I think with so many of them..who wanna start in PvP then? 

What do you think BnS stands for? I'll give you a hint:

Bull and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. That summarizes my entire experience doing PVP here. One class will dish out so much damage you might as well AFK, the other has too many iframes for you to even land a hit on them and when you do, it just gets countered or deflected (or they have their escape still up), someone else might use the fact that their class is stupid crazy fast to run away and avoid the fight until their more broken skills come off CD, the other guy is a smurf of this one really crazy good dude in plat, and the last guy just has lower amounts of lag than you or exploits bugs.

I believe that summarizes all the "GOOD" players here. 

On 08/04/2018 at 12:04 PM, Statler said:

Thats the reason why PVP is close to dead in B&S. Havent seen platin and above all diamond since ages. A year ago you saw quite a lot of gold and even Platin players typing in f-chat now even gold is quite rare.

Ill guess one of the main reason why people, exspecialy the pro playing with many alt are the weekly and season rewards. You can make a lot of HM coins when you are placed in the higher ranks. 

Helpfull could be a change to the reward system, for example only the highest ranked char on an account will get the weelkly /season reward, would stop all those alts farming and maybe some mor players wil get back to arena.

now 1570 and 1600 is now the new platinum, because players in top 10 eu and na farm/wintrade for season rewards. Which is unfair?

• 3 weeks later...

This ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ hasn't changed a bit. Currently in 1v1 ranking, the top 15 spots are held by like 6 players. With 3-4 of them being especially toxic and having 3+ alt characters of the same class as their main, all occupying multiple spots in the top10 class ranking. This trend continues all the way through the top 300 EVERY season, where 200+ people who should have received season rewards, are all knocked out of the ladder by these people. Having alts of different classes and gaining rank is fine, admirable even. Making 6 WL's and 6 Destro alts and farming season rewards  seems like an obvious unintended loophole. Or is this considered fair play here?

RESTRICT SEASON REWARDS TO 1 PER CHARACTER CLASS.

Just did few 3vs3 at 1550+ Elo and soon as I reached gold we got stomped by various alts, bb gold. Meh, the passivness of the devs concerning this is staggering.

Guess they don't care, or don't know what to do, perfect recipe for game spiraling to ruin.

Tho I wonder if it's not too late already, we're bleeding players daily, not sure anything would help at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

Arena is dying because people don't know how to chill. These guys who are hardcore don't think of the long term effects of what they do. Running on alts an noob stomping is fun to a point, I get it, but doesn't help bring in new blood.

Using 10 alts of the same class is good for you sure, but doesn't make anyone else want to bother playing since they know you'll hog all the rewards.

Learn to chill, not go so hardcore all the time. The good billiards players usually win, the pool sharks sometimes lose, but the real sharks always get the big payout.

yet this all wouldn't be a big problem if they just changed the rating system so the high ranks end up fighting around plat/diamond and not around 1700...
Also adding some rewards to pvp would be nice, so people actually got a reason to play it besides getting hteir rank and waiting for end of season.

could place them in according tiers based on their prior active season's performance.
Everyone starting in bronze doesnt seem wise with platinum players completely wailing on new people which creates more difficulty than needed for newer players attempting to gain their bearings.

3v3 ... that tag button was the worst selection but they're running out of options it would seem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 5:38 AM, htdexhdfg said:

could place them in according tiers based on their prior active season's performance.
Everyone starting in bronze doesnt seem wise with platinum players completely wailing on new people which creates more difficulty than needed for newer players attempting to gain their bearings.

Actually everyone with gold rank starts at 1500 next season. So if those multiple alt pro players get gold on all alts then the Bronze player population should be forever safe from them.

Which in my experience is already the case, btw.

I am currently murking around 1500 elo with my KFM and I have no problem defeating any new player in a crushing defeat, simply because they do not know how all the class animations look like, how long certain iframes are, what cooldowns all the classes have etc.

Simply put, I don't need to be Zapish to 100 to 0 a player who has only played 100 1v1 games.

Currently I have the feeling that a lot of Bronze skill players actually want to try out PvP, but are discouraged by early defeats and stop once they completed their one win quest. It would be nice if there were additional quests that keep players going for longer. For example a  weekly "Defeat 1 player of each class in Arena for 1 moonstone and a chance at a 10-moonstone bundle". I suspect that might bring Bronze and low silver quite alive, and consequently push up the more experienced people.

I could be gold rank again that way. :YeharaBig:

Archived