Don't release more content

Viblo

Please do not release more content before improving what's there.

The next update we will be getting is most likely level 55 patch, the Solak region, act 8 and most likely new dungeons and possibly a continuation of VT.

I don't want any more of BNS before the game itself receives improvement. I don't want my game to freeze every time I press ESC, and I don't my party to be stuck in combat permanently, forcing us to escape and run all the way back before we can progress.

Furthermore, even with top-notch connection according to i.e speedtest.net, I still for no reason at all get over 400 MS sometimes. Like right now, with 11 other people in Black Tower.

This is the kind of stuff that has been around since launch, and which has gotten zero attention from the developers. All the focus is put on is just massive amount of content updates. 

And no, not in the good way as in BDO, but in a bad way since it wasn't tested or finished. Yeah, remember the Gunslinger update with the level 56 bosses? Good times.

I wouldn't be sane if I would think the next update would be postponed for optimization and bug improvements, but it would be very nice to see it some time in the future. 

A game like Blade & Soul shouldn't require overly expensive hardware components to run smoothly, and we shouldn't be getting so many issues considering that it's an ESPORTS game aiming to compete nationally. 

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Viblo said:

ESPORTS game aiming to compete nationally

Why do you think we have fast content updates? It's so were only a few months behind on practice compared to KR.

Also the 400ms is like aussie ping. You sure it's not your isp?

Sadly, There's no money to be made with bug fixes, but lots of money to be made with new content. Yes, some people will quit out of frustration over the bugs, but others will quit if they don't get their fix of new content. In addition, new content means more money spent in the cash shop so, overall, NCsoft will make more profit. It's a sad state of affairs, but that's way it is.

2 hours ago, Sempra said:

Bug fix only costs money

Content brings money 

If you want to make money which way you choose? 

Bug fix -> encourage players to keep playing and maybe attract more players = more money + content = even more money. :u

So both.

They need to improve the connection at least.

I have 150 mbps download and upload speed internet. Normally, my ping is around 120-150ms. However, recently, my ping kept on spiking between 120-800ms. Last night, my ping was spiked to over 4k ms in one of my BG matches (yes, technically, my screen was freezing, but without disconnecting me.)

I am pretty sure it was not my internet because when I had 4k ms in game ping, I checked my internet speed by doing some speed tests (tab out from game) and it was still stable at around 150 mbps download and 120 mbps upload speed. I don't really know what's going on. I also asked my teammates during the BG match and they all said they didn't have lag issue. As soon as I got out from BG match, my ping was back to normal 120ms. It was just super weird.

On 2017-10-01 at 8:59 PM, Malign said:

Why do you think we have fast content updates? It's so were only a few months behind on practice compared to KR.

Also the 400ms is like aussie ping. You sure it's not your isp?

Yes, of course that's why, but you also have the think that it took NC four years to get BNS over to NA and EU. If it would have been sooner, maybe they could have delayed each content update.

On 10/1/2017 at 7:19 PM, Viblo said:

The next update we will be getting is most likely level 55 patch, the Solak region, act 8 and most likely new dungeons and possibly a continuation of VT.

I don't want any more of BNS before the game itself receives improvement. I don't want my game to freeze every time I press ESC, and I don't my party to be stuck in combat permanently, forcing us to escape and run all the way back before we can progress.

Furthermore, even with top-notch connection according to i.e speedtest.net, I still for no reason at all get over 400 MS sometimes. Like right now, with 11 other people in Black Tower.

This is the kind of stuff that has been around since launch, and which has gotten zero attention from the developers. All the focus is put on is just massive amount of content updates. 

And no, not in the good way as in BDO, but in a bad way since it wasn't tested or finished. Yeah, remember the Gunslinger update with the level 56 bosses? Good times.

I wouldn't be sane if I would think the next update would be postponed for optimization and bug improvements, but it would be very nice to see it some time in the future. 

A game like Blade & Soul shouldn't require overly expensive hardware components to run smoothly, and we shouldn't be getting so many issues considering that it's an ESPORTS game aiming to compete nationally. 

Thanks.

1. SpeedTest sends a small packets  to the location server you picked, measuring the time it takes for the server to reply to a request from the user's client. The client sends a message to the server, upon receiving that message, the server sends a reply back. The round-trip time is measured in ms (milliseconds). And when you're in a game, you send big packets, you jump, you move, you fight, every movement or combat you do, ect ect ect ect.  that's why your MS is way bigger then what speedtest tells you. 

2. The reason your PC/Game Freezes when you Press ESC has nothing to do with Game. It's your PC.

3. I agree on Combat Bugs, but not end of the world.

4. Cleared VT with lvl 55 patch Bosses, FeelsGoodman, 

Overall there are a lot of problems in this game that needs to be fixed. and combat bug is only a small one.

but I also disagree that they should stop giving us content. if you said, stop giving us event after event, I would agree, but content? no. 

20 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

1. SpeedTest sends a small packets  to the location server you picked, measuring the time it takes for the server to reply to a request from the user's client. The client sends a message to the server, upon receiving that message, the server sends a reply back. The round-trip time is measured in ms (milliseconds). And when you're in a game, you send big packets, you jump, you move, you fight, every movement or combat you do, ect ect ect ect.  that's why your MS is way bigger then what speedtest tells you. 

2. The reason your PC/Game Freezes when you Press ESC has nothing to do with Game. It's your PC.

3. I agree on Combat Bugs, but not end of the world.

4. Cleared VT with lvl 55 patch Bosses, FeelsGoodman, 

Overall there are a lot of problems in this game that needs to be fixed. and combat bug is only a small one.

but I also disagree that they should stop giving us content. if you said, stop giving us event after event, I would agree, but content? no. 

1. I'm fully aware of the first one. My point with it is that while it's normally at 100MS, which works fine for me, it's sometimes up to 400 regardless of the speed.

2. The reason isn't really my PC. Of course, with high-end specifications, it wouldn't be noticable however if you compare it to the likes of i.e Overwatch, I don't get a single frame dropped at any time even though my CPU is getting a little tired.

3. It's something that should have been ironed out long ago. 

4. Cleared BT with 55 bosses. Feels horrible. xD

11 hours ago, Viblo said:

1. I'm fully aware of the first one. My point with it is that while it's normally at 100MS, which works fine for me, it's sometimes up to 400 regardless of the speed.

2. The reason isn't really my PC. Of course, with high-end specifications, it wouldn't be noticable however if you compare it to the likes of i.e Overwatch, I don't get a single frame dropped at any time even though my CPU is getting a little tired.

3. It's something that should have been ironed out long ago. 

4. Cleared BT with 55 bosses. Feels horrible. xD

it can be many factors why it randomly have ping spikes, most common is pocket loss. and many more

You know My PC, probably the worst potato you can find out there. even cpu is not beeing produced anymore.... and Yet i never experianced any freezing, any lagging, any shuttering. 55-60 fps standing/moving. 6 man dungeons 40-50 fps.  only 12 man dungeons where the pain feels, 20-25~ Sometimes even less, So I don't get it, how people with "High-End" PCs have so many problems? if potato can curry this game and the only times feel lagg is in crowded places, and no where else, then High End should have np ?. So you see it's not Games fault, Yes the game is poorly optimized, but if it was games fault, Every single player would have problems on it, and not just unlucky one picked by the game ^^. and you can't rly compare FPS vs MMO games they are completely different ^^

5 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

it can be many factors why it randomly have ping spikes, most common is pocket loss. and many more

You know My PC, probably the worst potato you can find out there. even cpu is not beeing produced anymore.... and Yet i never experianced any freezing, any lagging, any shuttering. 55-60 fps standing/moving. 6 man dungeons 40-50 fps.  only 12 man dungeons where the pain feels, 20-25~ Sometimes even less, So I don't get it, how people with "High-End" PCs have so many problems? if potato can curry this game and the only times feel lagg is in crowded places, and no where else, then High End should have np ?. So you see it's not Games fault, Yes the game is poorly optimized, but if it was games fault, Every single player would have problems on it, and not just unlucky one picked by the game ^^. and you can't rly compare FPS vs MMO games they are completely different ^^

good post.     the majority of the QQ's are from people with long distances and funky internet backbones.   I also play with an average game PC and only have slowdowns in crowds as you do.  I never disconnect and only have had some trouble like at gunner launch when everyone was logging on and taxing the connections to the server. Been playing for 13 months and have been through several rounds of clueless people crying because they are clueless.

The bottom line answer to everyone crying about strange pings and freezes and disconnects etc is "It is something specific to your PC or your route to and from the BnS servers, not the BnS servers themselves.   

The sad thing these clueless people do not realize is that the NCsoft staff has zero control over your PC or isp or funky route...

9 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Well, the so called "ping spike" went on for 3 hours. And at that point, I logged out. I get tired of this game's connectivity issues because there's no other games that makes me have such horrible ping. The ISP provider was also carefully picked to specifically work with games, since they have a reputation of always delivering fantastic internetspeeds. And I've experienced just that, with the exception being BNS.

Furthermore, about the FPS vs MMO thing, I just smell a bunch of bull. You may be right, but even just terrible games overall like Revelation has stellar optimization which should be more for your PC to process since, well, for example, it's open world. Also, why are you talking about high-end PCs? I don't have one either. I practically agreed to what you said. You need a high-performance PC for this game. Look at Shiro's gameplay videos and see that her gaming performance is incredibly good. The reason why I complain about BNS is simply that there are games with much better performance than BNS, even some running on the same game engine, like Bless Online. Bless is also way more intense with its graphics and open-world nature. 

I just don't want to spend 1500€ to upgrade an already decent PC to run this game, when it can run all other games just fine, including Black Desert and to some extent Witcher 3. I simply get the feeling that these problems would be a lot more manageable if for example Blizzard ran BNS and not NCSOFT. 

1 hour ago, Viblo said:

Well, the so called "ping spike" went on for 3 hours. And at that point, I logged out. I get tired of this game's connectivity issues because there's no other games that makes me have such horrible ping. The ISP provider was also carefully picked to specifically work with games, since they have a reputation of always delivering fantastic internetspeeds. And I've experienced just that, with the exception being BNS.

It was only an example, If there was a ping increase in game and if it was game-sided then everyone would have felt it. and everyone would have complained in faction chat. Same as when they experience DDoSing.  If it was only you, then it's at your end.  Maybe your Windows Update was updating, maybe another software were updating, maybe there was a bad weather going on causing your signal to take an in-optimal or constantly shifting route!, Maybe your ISP was doing maintenance, ect ect ect, there are sooo many factors why you had a ping increase from your normal one. But of course  it's easier to just blame a company or a game when something goes not your way.  There are people who playing BnS with 400+ Ping Everyday and they only dream of having 100 Ping or so. and you get 400 Ping for 3 hours, and it's end of the world? come on bro....

On 1/10/2017 at 1:19 PM, Viblo said:

Thanks.

I agree with you, the sad thing is that they are rushing the content to make us even with Korea and ther est of regions, the fun fact here is that level 55 was released along with Maestro class and the new continent ultimates etc, in the other hand we just got the Class and how I can prove that, remember the bosses being above lvl 55? or like zakham being lvl 55 while he normally be lvl 53 HM 3, and decresed rage timer, because if our toons were lvl 55 we could actually will be mooping the floor with him already and that justified the decrease on rage timer.

The outcome was a flaw of this NCsoft West branch that for some.... maybe marketing reasons, released the class w/o all the content and let slip the adjusments made for it.

I believe this branch will marketize the level 55 patch, as the grand finale of the story or something.

Believe me or not, if I were the CEO of this branch I would prefer wait longer and give all good as new than something broken with mishaps and shenaningans Cuz i wanted earn some few more buckets

6 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

It was only an example, If there was a ping increase in game and if it was game-sided then everyone would have felt it. and everyone would have complained in faction chat. Same as when they experience DDoSing.  If it was only you, then it's at your end.  Maybe your Windows Update was updating, maybe another software were updating, maybe there was a bad weather going on causing your signal to take an in-optimal or constantly shifting route!, Maybe your ISP was doing maintenance, ect ect ect, there are sooo many factors why you had a ping increase from your normal one. But of course  it's easier to just blame a company or a game when something goes not your way.  There are people who playing BnS with 400+ Ping Everyday and they only dream of having 100 Ping or so. and you get 400 Ping for 3 hours, and it's end of the world? come on bro....

I see. I'll take that into account next time and see what I can improve. Thanks for telling me!

Archived