New Skill Chart skill loss and inflexibility , Hopes for the future

Baal13

i cant wait till blade and soul fixes all the new skill selectors and adds the old options to the new skill chart ( SS or jump back for my SF new forces me into ranged instead of giving me the F key elbow-smash approach option making me have to press SS+Tab+2+1 by that time in pvp your dead, this is a key defensive attack .so while the skill chart is simple to use it lacks flexibility and so adds more complexity and time. all that needs to be added are a few options to smooth out the play back to the graceful and elegant Blade and soul combat system we loved .i hope this can be fixed in the near future ~ Shen <3 PS. that is only one example of several so far that increased difficulty and reused smooth play

I was slowly but surely working out my rotations in the old system. it was super flexible and I really enjoyed tweaking each skill exactly the way I wanted it.

I spent silly amounts of time soloing bosses so I could really feel the dps and rotations in a long fight.

I could lay so much stuff down onto my target so fast, I would start laughing whilst eating its lunch, bag and all.

NOW, I have a couple things that seem to put the serious hammer down, but I have lost a bunch of the slicker stuff I could sneak in at just the right time.

it almost seems dumbed down. I went ice.  the #2 button and the f key whilst rocking the mouse buttons is about all that really does anything that I have found so far.

it is some brutal stuff compared to before, but now it's like i'm playing centipedes: stand there and "F" the mob into outer space or #2 it for a similar effect.

At the end of the day, I think the system was a mistake because it TAKES AWAY FROM OUR GAME, not adds. 

retards shouldn't be playing this game anyway, so no need to super-dumb everything down for no one, heh.

Not sure why games do this. SWTOR did the same and took all the variety out of different classes. I guess the devs didn't understand that players wanted smoother leveling and gearing, not a dumbing down of what was the most enjoyable aspect of the game, the combat.

They can already easily fix this by some margin, by not resetting the skills if you want to switch between the skill tree's. I'm willing to live with the fact that they deleted the specification out of some skills and made them have a singular function. But this forced split between two playstyles is ridiculous.

I hate this but this was KR decision to change. But ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ I hate it. This reminds me of how they cut the skill trees in wow lol (not as drastic but annoying all the same).

Hope and wonder 

I would quote you all and respond but only to say i agree . it is hard to believe KR (Korea ) supported this (this being the skill simplifying that kills all skilled play and will frustrate more adept players to no end  )  , is the Korean version of the game doing this ? Videos seem to say no  . more DD/DPS is certainly not satisfying atm  almost no skill is required  to play just face tank and forget also good luck trying to skill anything if you attempt to compensate with other skills ( are we a FPS or a RPG ? ) you find your cool downs all out just afk and drink your coffee while you wait . i still have high hopes that the skill chart will have all the old skills added back into it and maybe you could select the element tab for each skill individually this would fix the skill system and bring the game back to being worthy .the new content is all very nice. the lost skill content is game braking from what i can see . i would like to add i was testing every possible combination of skills and gear i could gather and finding that some actual tanking was working the opposition in my faction all became very hateful when i responded to the question of why i used some pvp and pve gear together and why  pve pvp skill use and it was just a mater of it was the only thing that worked for me ( as for why air in a solo pve on a boss? simply put cool down reset time ( boss cant hit you when its aired by the time its back down you suffered no damage and are ready for more pve dps )) and for ppl with wavering ping issues it was very useful and for all the over powered gears i had seen that i had no chance to obtain i became a soul warden to further my bopae (soul shield ) to further tune my avatar( having seen the OP(over powered /top gear of the time ) gear and realizing haw the stats actually worked i attempted to balance my avatars gear and skills  i found that infact the other stats where useful contrary to what many ppl harassing me in faction chat said  and so i learned my skills well and was finally having fun for the 1st time not struggling and being carried but carrying and actually helping others after nearly a year of being bullied harassed and and in general being told that i was no good ,currently we are forced to use almost no player skill and you may aswell just face tank using 1 hand and 3 fingers to play . my method was true Hybriding a Hybrid class the chi master (soul fighter) or for that mater my many KFM test toons  my question is this where they just players or ... and was this skill dummying connected to any of this . i do not believe in coincidence , all most all things in existence influence each-other .  . i never told anyone it ( "it" being my build typs) was the best or only way in fact i told ppl it worked for me and why aswell as saying you should find a way that works for you my build is just one of many and may not work for others as well . Final Note =Please fix the skill chart so we can use skills like we used to the new chart would not have to be so dumbed down that it takes many class's out of pvp as it seems to be doing and to be honest ppl contributed because blade and soul was flexible in skills smooth in play and customize-able  in avatar creation as well as gear please please please add back the lost skills to the new chart it will be simple enuff that was for anyone to use  <3 Shen TYTYTY for the great game and all your hard work <3 and TYTYTY to all the great players that love the game at any play level you make it a better place to be <3 <3 <3

I agree, even blade dancers.... we are forced to remove double stun, to get some focus recovery, and our 1 and 3 is locked on kd, which suck, alot of players espected me to jump in and grap first, but i cant, cuz then i would have zero focus recovery, even my falcon recovery is gone..... this chart is cool and all, but compared to the old flexabillity this chart is just shit....... 

althrough i will give a hand, to the lightning sunder, now the sunder for lightning build is not useless.

NCSOFT GIVE BACK OUR FLEXABILLITY >__<

As a warlock, this new system really cramps my style. Being forced to go either full shadow or full ice makes it feel as though there's no purpose to any of the unique abilities available to the class. I used to spec hybrid when I wanted to, and now I have no option to do that :/ Honestly in spite of the enormous AP buff we got, I don't even feel as though I'm doing more damage than I was before...in some instances yes, in others no. It's really...weird. Crits aren't landing with helix the way they used to, and I'm not quite certain what it is...

I agree this patch messed up DPS...I just don't get it...why nerf skills at all. Wouldnt it be more simpLe introduce double starts for skills. In example skill's description would look like this:

Damage to NPC 25000.

Damage to player 8000.

Having double stats NPC damage wouldnt change. Only damage to player would get nerfed.

Another option would be introdiving pvp defense (not just critical defense) which would be by default  3x higher than pve defense.

3 hours ago, Inugami said:

As a warlock, this new system really cramps my style. Being forced to go either full shadow or full ice makes it feel as though there's no purpose to any of the unique abilities available to the class. I used to spec hybrid when I wanted to, and now I have no option to do that :/ Honestly in spite of the enormous AP buff we got, I don't even feel as though I'm doing more damage than I was before...in some instances yes, in others no. It's really...weird. Crits aren't landing with helix the way they used to, and I'm not quite certain what it is...

i just got on and as i was starting my laptop i was thinking the same thing the skills simply are clunkier leaving dead spots in cool downs . on the bright side you have time to drink your coffee as mobs or opponents beet you to death . as far as pvp i am scerd to find out haw horrible my SF is going to be with the maneuverability loss and skill reductions . ow yes SF(SS+F lost the chi/power /rage/energy it was adding to keep even rotation and fluid play naw to emulate that idk haw if anyone can tell me haw to SS and then approach with iron shoulder please post it hear :D tyty 

I don't have any problems at all with this patch, if you thing you are doing little damage then add some elemental damage to help it. Overall it seems balanced to me. As a WL I'm doing the same amount of damage as before, as a sin I'm a bit stronger and feels more flexible. I haven't gotten a chance to test out my other class that I have, but from what I've heard from clan members and friends is that they haven't had any problems with it either.

" The overall goal of these changes is to simplify what was previously an overly complex system, while retaining the customization that makes the classes fun. "

(^ lol, wtf is that bs?)

Anyway...I really only play FM, (but I assume it is the same for every class) but there is legit only about 1/4 of the customization before the patch...

With this, hybrid builds are not available to us, (which was one of the fun things about the classes) and a ton of the skills we had before now have no optimization at all.

Before, we got skill points to upgrade our skills (yes...we had upgradeable skills...sounds amazing) how we wanted, and it felt like we were actually achieving something when we finally got an amazing upgrade we were going for. Now we just get handed everything, but without any options to change...(like starting at lvl 1 with a full set of equipable max lvl equipment, OP and you won't change it...(boring af...but that could just be my thoughts...))

Also, thanks for letting us keep our training expansions...however to get even close to half (HALF!!!) of what we had...we would need double the amount of them...and the ability to freely (and easily) swap between them (and in combat if that isn't a thing) (e.g. a custom keybind). At the very least, this would be a buffer for this fail of a patch...(imo...just reverting these changes and skipping over this patch would be awesome...)

well... ill only speak for my experience... i think the changes in the skills are very noob friendly and i think thats a good thing... when u started to play the game and u got that huge skill tree what was ur 1st impression? mine was what the hell is this... now is very easy and streamline for newer players to catch up with the skill trees.

for the one that was complaining about blade dancer changes... blade dancer is one of the classes that with this update is buffed like tons of times... my main is BD and 1st of all if u read the new soaring falcon description it gives 18 focus for 9 secs the only "downside" is the 18sec cooldown... your kd on the 3 it gives 6 focus (before it cost 2 right specced, yeah you lose the fissure which is kind of sad but you get the double kd... i think is okey for soloing content). and they gave us wind surge (kind of meh, but still for those who like wind build is awesome). finally electric sunder... now u can go full lightning build in basic and draw stance, same as wind build...

i feel like the classes who are more affected with this change are FMs and Sins (both were heavily based in a mix build). rest of the classes are a bit better (the BDs i find them superstrong) or same as before.

i feel now the training expansions are useless cause it is so  easy to change skills... this is a very good thing for dgs... before u need to take one or two minutes to change the skills for a certain boss, now it takes 5secs to do it... in PvP is the same...

overall i think this changes are good and new player friendly.

ill do more training but idk iron shoulder approach was a key pve pvp skill granting me CD time recovery and a way to keep out of harms way . just seems like i earlier mentioned the chart needs a few tweaks :) 

regarding sin's i ended up using a lightning  build for pve farming do to the i think 4 key skill taking me out of stealth every time in shadow build 

after killing a boatload of mobs since the skill change with my FM (I only play one toon), I have this to say:

1) The overall uh, cinematics or general colorful mayhem which tends to make me laugh, is better.

ie. things die way funny

2) I have found some acceptable rotations and further slight tweaks to t5he ice skill set that is actually letting me get things done in a decent manner

3)getting spoiled REAL fast on the new "SHABADABOOTABAY!!!1!!" death dealing ability.   i'm starting to feel my rotations and what to "pump up" when to set up the next thing

and i'm having fun with like, finish one mob and walk away with a big fat double dragon sitting there "I pity the fool that is next in line" then that hilarious ripping sound and the mob flies upside-down against the rocks.   Booyah! crit 1-shot.

fwiw, I checked out fire build.   that is truly the beginner build.    

I love AOE farming. #2 on the ice build is as good as it gets, but it's ok now that i'm feeling the timing and speeding up all rotations and combos and hitting the spell when the charge-up is right etc

I miss iron shoulder approach too. And I don't like having backstep switch to elemental stance. I used to love playing soul fighter. Now it feels so dumbed down. I can't play the way I used to, and I don't think I care to play the way it is now. So disappointed... 

2 hours ago, Baal13 said:

ill Tell my clan mate Stue he is a FM ty any further info would be greatly appreciated :D 

hey Baal13, r u a member of Kundese on Onmyung?  if so, I see Stue all the time. just talked to him friend whisper that I wasn't doing grimhorn because I was about to ding hm10 and I want to farm wolves for the last time haha.

ok, back to business.  I really have only been grinding mobs and doing dailies because: xp

...BUT this is a great way to test various combos and timings hundreds of times.

playing with fire was like playing with oven mitts on.  grabbing is about the only twist to do something different. now another basin buddy, Suko, swears by the fire build. she/he/they(lol) said the new set actually helped their game, so there is  +1 for the new fire build from another FM in the field.

I definitely will stick with ice.  at first I maxxed most things, but that was pretty shotgun, and I have since changed some things back to the default or the middle settings.

I believe I will soon be able to blitz a mob just as fast as before, BUT now the spells are so brutal, so dps is through the roof for me now.

I can see my damage on the GHS main boss plainly...never before...

My overall opinion at this point is that, a lot of the really stacked buttons needed to be cleaned up, 6 spells on 1 button, yeah, a bit too much, but the setting fire or ice stance was automatic.

I wonder if devs could fluff up the current system just a bit. some of the spells needed condensing, or were redundant and sort of useless 1-shot (cuz of long cooldown). kudos for those changes. 

BUT could the skill choices be expanded to sort of resemble the options the trees used to have.

just a thought. I can live with this, but it is kind of too simple still and I still fear boredom will set in once the honeymoon is over.

Archived