New Skill Chart skill loss and inflexibility , Hopes for the future

Baal13

25 minutes ago, newbiez said:

i saw a few fm complain about their veil...something wrong with it?

moving veil, they erase that skill.. make FM become more bad in PvP, but that veil is useless in PvE.. and i have no problem with it

as FM actually iam enjoying this new skill.. more demage, new skill, dragon char have more range... this skill revamp make me feel invincible against mobs :3 and its feel good, i thanks ncsoft for this update.

for FM there no such thing as hybrid fire and ice.. that stupid :3 either you go full fire or full ice. unless you have hand speed and good ping :3 FM become so good i can kill boss with 1 hand while eating :3

30 minutes ago, Fiana said:

moving veil, they erase that skill.. make FM become more bad in PvP, but that veil is useless in PvE.. and i have no problem with it

as FM actually iam enjoying this new skill.. more demage, new skill, dragon char have more range... this skill revamp make me feel invincible against mobs :3 and its feel good, i thanks ncsoft for this update.

for FM there no such thing as hybrid fire and ice.. that stupid :3 either you go full fire or full ice. unless you have hand speed and good ping :3 FM become so good i can kill boss with 1 hand while eating :3

oh no wonder my bg party members said we got easy prey there...lol

Totally hate this update, they removed all customization, now everyone have to get the exact same build, u only have to choose an element (and for most class, 1 element is cleary superior to the other, so lets say zero diversity), i have no idea why they did that especially from koreans, 

Also, most nerf to classes remove any skill/rotation use and now dps just matter about ping nothing else

They removed SF awesome F spam during ice 4, now only once per minute during Z, that skill was litterally why i rerolled sf, even if not top dmg, it looked so fkn cool

They removed skill reset on WL SS, was a good way to increase dps when u know when to use it, and root also, sux for pvp.

FM just spam everything to dps dont give a fk about orbs and cds u can even close ur eyes lol

Rly, i hate this update.

I would like to know which new player considered the old skill tree 'too confusing'. I know we will get used to it sooner or later, but the lack of individuality really bothers me atm.

I hate 3 use lightning strike removal from bd, i hate the unability to use wind bladestorm as a bd. 

I hate sf skill revamps - ss switching stances is the most ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up shit which keep confusing me till now, stacking full bloom seems kinda useless now also when it ain't even charge the frost storm.

And locks, well, it was well said above. Plus lost focus regen from stage 2 sanctum seems also weird to me.

Totally agree, I completely hate the restrictive tree now! I had a hybrid thing going on with my characters and if you´re that thick you couldn´t understand the tree before or didn´t have the tiniest of smarts to look online for help then dont play it. I doubt  I´ll be playing this much longer. Shame.

As a BM I have mixed feelings about this update. First of all, the skill menu is not made with convenience in mind. Secondly, I have a bunch of skill effects which were integral parts of my rotations are missing, which means that now I have to re-learn the damn class yet AGAIN. Seriously the moment I fly out of the country for a week or two, I come back to a new BM. There are some good calls however. Separating searing slash and anklebiter makes it many times easier to manage focus. I do however hate how they removed so many of the aggro effects from skills. Now I have 1-2 skills that grant me aggro boost for tanking and this pisses me off immensely as I prefer to play on my own terms by using whichever skills I see fit when I see fit, not time these two skills in order to be constantly on 250% aggro gen. They also nerfed cyclone into the ground. Focus regen is cut in half and to top that up, they removed aggro buff and the skill path with the lower cool down. It's not game breaking by any means, but it's annoying as two hells one over the other. They also did remove the entire skill tree on Raid (2 skill in draw stance), which had some really nice effects for many situations. I presume they did these changes in order to balance things out around the level 55 skills, but I can't really agree with the lack of customisability now. BM is by default pretty much the most versatile thing in the entire game. Now it feels much more generic. No idea if this is done for the sake of, and pardon my expression, idiot proofing, or just out of pure malevolence. I get it that KR use only 1-2 ironed out skill setups, but come on... skill customization WAS (as of "now it isn't") one of this game's strong suits. Give it back! :D

[edit]

"The overall goal of these changes is to simplify what was previously an overly complex system "
It was in no way overly complex. People having narrow minds, doesn't mean that the system was to blame. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but NCSoft would do well to rephrase their sentence in a way that won't imply people are too stupid to understand the old system which was pretty basic.
"while retaining the customization that makes the classes fun."
Because removing skill feats equals retaining customization. You have 3 different feats giving 3 different status effects. You remove 1 of them and you end up with 2 feats giving two effects. So by their logic, having 3 and removing 1 means we end up with 3. Brilliant.

"It’s an easier to understand system for all players, and also helps make creating builds that are clearer and more straightforward."

Strawmanning like a boss there NC.

The filters and more direct Moves options help you spend less time fiddling in the UI, and more time playing the game. "

Because scrolling down a menu is way too complex for the average player. We actually need to scroll down the list of skills and click on a skill in order to bring up it's feat tree. Basically what we do now, but without the stupid level based skill arrangement. Also there's the old grid skill menu but we can't bring up a window for choosing feats anymore, which makes it as useful as a perforated spoon.

All in all a solid update. Removing RPG elements one mechanic at a time.

//Happy easter, folks ^w^

18 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

hey Baal13, r u a member of Kundese on Onmyung?  if so, I see Stue all the time. just talked to him friend whisper that I wasn't doing grimhorn because I was about to ding hm10 and I want to farm wolves for the last time haha.

ok, back to business.  I really have only been grinding mobs and doing dailies because: xp

...BUT this is a great way to test various combos and timings hundreds of times.

playing with fire was like playing with oven mitts on.  grabbing is about the only twist to do something different. now another basin buddy, Suko, swears by the fire build. she/he/they(lol) said the new set actually helped their game, so there is  +1 for the new fire build from another FM in the field.

I definitely will stick with ice.  at first I maxxed most things, but that was pretty shotgun, and I have since changed some things back to the default or the middle settings.

I believe I will soon be able to blitz a mob just as fast as before, BUT now the spells are so brutal, so dps is through the roof for me now.

I can see my damage on the GHS main boss plainly...never before...

My overall opinion at this point is that, a lot of the really stacked buttons needed to be cleaned up, 6 spells on 1 button, yeah, a bit too much, but the setting fire or ice stance was automatic.

I wonder if devs could fluff up the current system just a bit. some of the spells needed condensing, or were redundant and sort of useless 1-shot (cuz of long cooldown). kudos for those changes. 

BUT could the skill choices be expanded to sort of resemble the options the trees used to have.

just a thought. I can live with this, but it is kind of too simple still and I still fear boredom will set in once the honeymoon is over.

yes im in that clan i gess we are on Yehana server or whatever we merged with naw idk  but as far as my flexibility in combat its severely compromised haw do i ss back then do iron shoulder?  without it your screwed , it was the only way i could use the skil lwhen i wanted befor naw it just hapens whenever it wants to. ow and Happy Oestara ( Easter ) <3 

Charlie my SF is Shen Kahn message me any time . from what i see we got simple and forced in to some skills we don't use don't want or just plane get us hit or even dead although the AP/Def points do help a bit a 20/30 point distribution seems to be optimal use of the new points after that it seems there is some diminishing returns . the expansion over all was amazing agen i see only a few things that would NEEEEEEEEED to be added to the skill chart to literally fix the smoothness of play  after thoroughly looking at it each class would need such miner chart changes such as adding options for some skills . it would still keep it EZ to use and for advanced users having a elemental choice option would bring us back to haw B&S was meant to be played ,smooth not clunky . wisdom would dictate that this would take some time and as this is the best game of its kind in essence  bringing the Tekken to Oriental adventurers making it the top RPG of the day in genre  . after playing B&S this past year + it is dificult to go back to lesser combat systems almost painful if not totaly boring so i look forword to further development of the skill chart simplicity should be an option not a berden  . thank you all and see you in blade and soul <3

On 13.04.2017 at 11:21 PM, Baal13 said:

i cant wait till blade and soul fixes all the new skill selectors and adds the old options to the new skill chart ( SS or jump back for my SF new forces me into ranged instead of giving me the F key elbow-smash approach option making me have to press SS+Tab+2+1 by that time in pvp your dead, this is a key defensive attack .so while the skill chart is simple to use it lacks flexibility and so adds more complexity and time. all that needs to be added are a few options to smooth out the play back to the graceful and elegant Blade and soul combat system we loved .i hope this can be fixed in the near future ~ Shen 2764.png<3 PS. that is only one example of several so far that increased difficulty and reused smooth play

I always used this version of SS in pvp (because I use ranged stance more often for pvp), but I don't like it in pve. Also I miss my burning tundra and rmb, I never liked ripple punch.

About SS, switch stance is an ugly hack for long tab cooldown. They should reduce Tab cd to 1-2sec (well, I'd prefer 0, but someone probably will say OP) instead. And remove that noncense with autoswitch back to KFM when out of combat. Making a class that has two stances as a main feature and then restricting stance change is dumb.

On 15.04.2017 at 1:42 AM, Deathrainer said:

when u started to play the game and u got that huge skill tree what was ur 1st impression? mine was what the hell is this...

Yes, but I just tried three of premade builds, liked earth one and then just pressed that button until ~50 lvl. On high level I took time to read skill description, made my build and was happy (well, almost happy, balance is pvp wasn't satisfying). Also, it wasn't too hard if you used "tree" view. It's a default view made skill system difficult. And, how many noobs we have in comparison to old players? I doubt its 50% or more.

Also, the hardest part of b&s is a grind. Understanding old skill tree took me ~20-30 minutes of viewing skill descriptions and some practice. Gearing from zero to legendary weapon (baleful 3) took few months (more than 6) of dailies. But they added new legendary weapons (so my baleful looks noob) and simplified skill tree, which was good enough. Ok, I understand that new weapons is a way to keep players who geared up to max fast. But what they tried to accomplish with new skill tree, I don't understand. It doesn't improve pvp balance (because skills behave identically vs players and mobs and this wasn't changed) and in fact with new tree noob still needs to read skill descriptions to choose, so its almost the same, just less flexible.

On 16/04/2017 at 10:10 AM, Idoru said:

I miss iron shoulder approach too. And I don't like having backstep switch to elemental stance. I used to love playing soul fighter. Now it feels so dumbed down. I can't play the way I used to, and I don't think I care to play the way it is now. So disappointed... 

I hate that too. What if I'm in Kung Fu stance and just want to step back, while remaining in Kung Fu stance ?

What if I want to use King Fist in my ice build ?

What if I want to mix abilities of both styles, in a general way ?

What if I do not want an ability to be "upgraded" ?

Glad to finally see some things that go in the direction I pointed out a few days ago. Sure the old chart was a bit hard to understand, but frankly the very best would be to have the old chart with the brand new Hongmoon Training, which helps you setting a few skills up so that they combine well.

Conclusion => what the game really needed wasn't to change the old tree, but to help players going through it and explain them how it works.

That would be newbie-friendly without hammering the total freedom we used to have.

Or even do better : have BOTH trees available, one called "simple mode" and the other being "advanced".

Just feels like the changes are poorly executed and "streamline" things at the price of enjoyment. As I said, other games have done it, and it's been detrimental. I logged back in for a bit but have no desire to return to the game after what I've seen. Sucks that they didn't implement the gear changes much earlier on, but then again, I'd likely be even more unhappy about the new skill system, so ah well.

so far i have tested to my sin and am adjusting atleast to the pve but sf is severely lacking in some key ability's  maybe there is a way to refresh my ifraims without stance changing idk yet i am still testing and taking many hits .

Archived