The game changed...

sqoon

On 29-11-2016 at 11:18 AM, NightFer said:

The game didnt change, the community did. All the lazy people left, and most of the rest went to play something else because BnS is too hard for them. 

I agree that there are people who find this game to hard, and those people probly never played a "grindy" mmorpg. I came from games like silkroad, cabal, aion, which are are all older mmorpg's and kinda outdated in the mindset of current players.

I played bns for 10 months, everyday, have 720+ ap, but i lost the will to play. I hate what bns is becoming, adding RNG to every progress u have to make.

I loved the way bns was, u worked for something and upgrade your gear, without fail (except psts). The last straw for me was when i reached stage 6 and only had 4 slots, while i had enough gems in my bank, but couldnt use them. If i wanted to add 2 more slots, i would have to pay more then 1300g on legendary gem hammers, which was to much for me. Why should i pay that amount of money for something other people get for free? (rng) To make things worse, to progress gear wise, i had to run ebon/tomb countless of times to have a chance on a drop (again rng), which i never got. 

So dont say bns is to "hard" for people, while they changed the whole system which made me stay in the first place, progress without fail. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

I agree that there are people who find this game to hard, and those people probly never played a "grindy" mmorpg. I came from games like silkroad, cabal, aion, which are are all older mmorpg's and kinda outdated in the mindset of current players.

I played bns for 10 months, everyday, have 720+ ap, but i lost the will to play. I hate what bns is becoming, adding RNG to every progress u have to make.

I loved the way bns was, u worked for something and upgrade your gear, without fail (except psts). The last straw for me was when i reached stage 6 and only had 4 slots, while i had enough gems in my bank, but couldnt use them. If i wanted to add 2 more slots, i would have to pay more then 1300g on legendary gem hammers, which was to much for me. Why should i pay that amount of money for something other people get for free? (rng) To make things worse, to progress gear wise, i had to run ebon/tomb countless of times to have a chance on a drop (again rng), which i never got. 

So dont say bns is to "hard" for people, while they changed the whole system which made me stay in the first place, progress without fail. 

How would you feel if I tell you in china, legendary acc you can buy from dragon express? But there are 3 types of legendary acc and the most powerful ones are from black skyscraper and later content? 

How would you feel if I tell you in china, most of the weapons and acc have fail chance? What about the gem slots? Resets after EACH upgrade and they start from 1 slot to a max of 6?

NCSoft made it easy for all western people when they removed the RNG slots and left it at 3+ so you wount whine about it too much and prob will remove the weapon and acc fail chance from stages further than +6 (right now in KR stage6+ ridge have a chance to fail and IF it fails, the weapon becomes useless until you purify it, how does that feel now?)

The hard part is not even close when you will have to run black skyscraper which is 10x worse than stage6 turtle, vortex temple with its 3bil hp last stage boss and what else? You will see if you play long enough :D NC are making the western release of the game so boring, that I moved to play back in china :D

51 minutes ago, NightFer said:

How would you feel if I tell you in china, legendary acc you can buy from dragon express? But there are 3 types of legendary acc and the most powerful ones are from black skyscraper and later content? 

How would you feel if I tell you in china, most of the weapons and acc have fail chance? What about the gem slots? Resets after EACH upgrade and they start from 1 slot to a max of 6?

NCSoft made it easy for all western people when they removed the RNG slots and left it at 3+ so you wount whine about it too much and prob will remove the weapon and acc fail chance from stages further than +6

Tbh, i really dont care about other versions of bns, i do care that our version is becoming a RNG fest, which it wasnt before..

Someone already mentioned the game was designed originally to be a grindfest. It doesnt really matter what the market in the west is, the devs cant redesign the game how you like it :D You either play it or leave, its all up to YOU.

Call me a white knight or w/e that term I dont understand is, but I love BnS in ALL its forms just because the game is really good in design. Not easy, not too difficult, but challenging. Best story so far in ALL MMOs that were made for the past 20 years, best combat system that makes you use your brain and fast reactions, upgrading system that requires time and mostly efforts to complete, variety of all sorts of skills for every style of play (defensive, offensive). Variety of boss mechanics that requires both communication and brain from the player to know what to do in every situation. TONS of outfits that you can get by playing, really detailed character creation, diversity of classes and their usefulness.

I wount touch the class balance in BnS because there is absolutely no game in the market that have perfect class balance and there wount be any in the near decade.

17 minutes ago, NightFer said:

I wount touch the class balance in BnS because there is absolutely no game in the market that have perfect class balance and there wount be any in the near decade.

What about WoW? Sry for this question, havent played it.

1 hour ago, NightFer said:

Best story so far in ALL MMOs that were made for the past 20 years

Forgot to add, "IMO" before this redunkulous statement pal. Despite what you've claimed, this MUST be your first mmo if you believe half the stuff you posted.

WoW's lore annihilates BnS'

SWTOR's stories nuke BnS's story out of orbit.

FF's lore is better.

LoTR...well thats without saying....

Maybe...maybe, Id be willing to put BnS's story in the top 5 only cause most MMORPG stories are that bad. But best in 20 years...put down the blunt son kek.

Cause stringed together tired cliches does not a great story make.

Edit: OMG forgot to add BOTH Everquest titles, but you get the idea.

9 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

WoW's lore annihilates BnS'

SWTOR's stories nuke BnS's story out of orbit.

FF's lore is better.

LoTR...well thats without saying....

WoWs story have an entire game background behind it named Warcraft which have 4 parts

SWTOR have how many movies behind all of that franchise?

FF is a nice game that I wish I could play, original too.

LoTR have how many books and movies behind that?

Its all about the originality of the story, not that the story evolved into an MMO. 

4 minutes ago, NightFer said:

WoWs story have an entire game background behind it named Warcraft which have 4 parts

SWTOR have how many movies behind all of that franchise?

FF is a nice game that I wish I could play, original too.

LoTR have how many books and movies behind that?

Its all about the originality of the story, not that the story evolved into an MMO. 

Originality?

"The Chosen One"

"Revenge"

"Dark vs Light"

Nah bro, been done before /kappa. Been done better. Not original.

Still its okay.

No no, it is definitely the publisher/developers fault why the game is in the failing state that it's in. If someone with at least half a *cricket*ing brain (a.k.a ME.) were the CEO's of these companies, this game would have easily been a raging success in the west for years already. 

/End.

BTW, I think some of you are mistaking difficulty with tedium.

Theres nothing "hard" about grinding. It IS tedious however. Would be more accurate to say people left because of the tedious grind. Not cause "hard" or difficult grind.

Althought one could also say the grinds tediousness is difficult to cope with.

Basically repetitive boring daily chores are boring. No skill needed to do the same mindless crap over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Errrday.

This notion that, "Oh it must be western players fault cause they no likey grind cause too hard", is ludicrous. Perhaps we here in the west are simply too saavy to fall for overt, extreme grindiness adorned with massive heaps of RNG, disguised as "content"?

Nothing strange in this, it's the standart f2p model since 10 years, with a lifetime of 1 year for average players.

Begining is fun, tons of stuff to discover, farming isnt long to see progress, cash shop doesnt seem too much of an advantage

Then new content require twice the time to farm to get, and next require twice that again.

And then cash shop give more and more advantage

And new content seems so much similar and so fast to clear (not to farm)

Then u see a new MMO and jump on the train, it's been a year and you're bored

And then u remember how that previous MMO was fun at the begining and u miss it, but if u try come back, u remember why u left, and u leave again.

Rince and repeat forever.

Well I can list 3 major problem that made people quit and I do think they are reasonable :

• Problem of this game is not about p2w or f2p model, Problem of this game that it is a RNG2w model meaning that if you are a player with good luck then good for you and you will access to most items easily while other player (Include myself) have very bad luck and hardly was able to achieve 100 gold like twice since they release daily challenge, And worst part that they keep pushing trove up our throat from time to time forcing people to pay for RNG so it kinda a p2w element hidden in RNG shape.
  • Second major problem with this game, That something came from my friend mouth from months before he quit this game, The problem of skill blocking where you need to do this and buy this to unlock your skills while ofcourse Leveling up making things worse special if you seeking higher skill point for that or that.
  • Finally the third problem with this game, Skills Design and classes balance in pvp or pve , In general let's talk about something here this game wanna make a hard dungeons and in same time it wanna boost some classes pve skills so badly that they could achieve true boost power for their party so they finish that dungeon, That result into unbalance between pve skills and pvp skills for example you will find a lovely warlock running around in 1v1 after their soulburn got buffed with decrease in it cooldown, Spamming their pve skill on you tilldeath or worst part when it does apply in open world or 6v6 it make things worse for other classes.
    And there another hidden reason that this game fail so bad in NA/EU , Blade and soul was designed to be pretty much circle around their amazing combat which did result in very sensitive combat that depend on ping that mean they did design game after all for special country , Like TW or Korean Or China, etc it wasn't meant to be released along a big region like EU or NA which make it harder for most player to on tops, Yes this game isn't about making good skill build since mostly all of player on same class get to have same skill build it just ping difference and how you use it ,While ofcourse NA/EU are used for more classic style where there difference in skill build not only just ping or using it better but how you did design it

• 4 weeks later...

Reading through this thread breaks my heart. I quit this game a while back and I miss the early experience I had with it, but reading the comments makes me realize  it's not only that the problems weren't fixed but it actually became worse. 

I'm a paying player, I never minded paying for something I like. Within reasonable boundaries. The problem is not that I need to pay 10/20/30$ a month, the problem is that the game is bombarding me with opportunities to spend real money to the point that it's completely ruining my immersion. I want to play a game! Not an exchange currency simulator that forces me to think about conversation rates of "real" and "in-game" stuff at every single turn. 

I wouldn't mind the game being hard, or even grindy. Most MMOs are about progression, and since players can clear content much faster than devs can create it - there's artificial "delay" thrown into system, in the form of RNG. But that's alright! Personally I'd prefer a system that says: you need to run this dungeon 100 times for a 100% reward over a system that says: you need to run this dungeon as many times as it takes with 1% chance for reward but that's just me. Anyway, my point is that the game being grindy isn't that big of a deal on its own.

The problem is that I'm constantly reminded that I can skip grinding if only I pay 2$ here, and 5$ here, and 1$ here, etc. Of course I can choose to not pay! The problem is that I'm forced to think about it all the time. I find myself constantly doing mental calculations about how much each upgrade costs and whether or not it's more profitable to buy this with real money, or that. So, even if I'm okay to spend a certain amount of money each month (10$ sounds reasonable to me but even a 30$ once or twice a year wouldn't be outrageous) that would STILL not absolve me from the constant mental gymnastics associated with calculating "value".

If I could just pay a monthly fee and forget and I'd be so happy! I just can't stand being reminded every 5 min that this is just a game, this is still the real world, everything has a price, etc. I want to do world pvp, arenas, even dungeon runs are super fun to me. But I end-up spending 99% of my time doing the same single most-profitable activity lest I fall behind. I still need to calculate prices 99% of the time if I want to be optimal. I just can't handle this.

I'm in love with the idea of BnS as a game. But that's just it - I want to play a game, not an exchange currency simulator.

p.s. This was my PERSONAL issue with the game. There's a plethora of other more objective, common problems - mining bots, arena bots, gold sellers spam, bugs, the lack of in-game moderation as a whole, the feel that game has been left "on its own" (by the way it's handled, or rather "not handled, in the West), the outrageous RNG (you know China just passed a law which FORCES devs to reveal RNG values behind "mystery boxes", right?), dwindling player base, deserted early areas (little incentive for veterans to return to), the creation of new characters (and particularly ALTs!) is mighty annoying, catching up to high to the best players is virtually impossible without spending an exorbitant amount of money (this game is about progression, if progression is so much cash-dependent, then yes, this is essentially p2w). Then there's the client's performance problems, GameGuard, the inability to switch servers, and so on and so on.

I'm not saying the devs aren't trying or that the game sucks. No, the game has many perks going for it, but I don't think the way NCsoft is supporting the game after the release, especially here in the West, is good enough. It's evident that the population is decreasing so apparently it's not "good enough". I've tried to list some of the issues behind that. 

On 29/11/2016 at 10:51 AM, Lunakitty said:

What happened was that the hype died. The game did not meet the high expectations of lazy people who did not know what they were getting into when they wanted to play grindy RNG based MMO. I have met quite a few people who got mad even at level 22 when they had to do solo content and they could not one hit mobs. Rather than killing one by one safely they tried to kill mobs in groups and ended up dying themselves blaming the system that requires you to upgrade weapons. There are people out there who would want games to be as easy that one click gives you everything you need and there should be no work involved. Even if people say some p2w the game those people don't really gain that much from it since 50-100 AP means nearly nothing in damage. Not to mention some are forced to quit due to their computers/internet being a potato towards servers/game or some other special force interrupts their connection causing problems.

i disagree.

true, i didnt inform myuself about bns untill 1 week before release.

but i know how moorpg genere works and i never ever got mad about RNG in this game. maybe i got mad because of friend's luck, but never to RNG. period.

i feel the same as OP about game. when poh24 was a thing and poh4 was the ultimate dungeon, game was "better", more friendly the game, mechanics and community.

leaving alone community, game became more difficult, less friendly, less pacific, less "i play to have fun". regarless everyone's opinion about fun, game is getting worst. silverfrost tried to change the impact. but new  dungeons, new mechanics, new upgrades are killing it. lately more than ever.

i understand that high requirments for upgrades are needed to let pve survive.. but , except whales or pproplayers of other versions, there is less and less space for normal players, being them casuals, dedicated, free or paying users.

personally me: 770ap KFM, i struggle to find the will to login everyday since a couple of weeks. i do challenge, a couple of other dungeons and logoff. i have 4 alts who i will never upgrade since insane costs of upgrades. im stucked with my class, with bad ping and bad fps. 

but they will milk the cow.

On 29/11/2016 at 8:18 AM, NightFer said:

The game didnt change, the community did. All the lazy people left, and most of the rest went to play something else because BnS is too hard for them. 

I quit the game about 3 months ago and i have no plans to come back. 

"BnS is too hard for them"

I agree!!! You just need to lose your social life, stop sleeping and hanging out with friends, so you can get whatever you want in the game (Unless you are a pay to win player, so you can get things done fast!!!) It's easy to you say that if you are not getting some trouble with Bots and spammers. We stop playing it because we r "LAZY". YOU'RE RIGHT Mr Perfect & Genius! So I think most of BnS' players are Lazy, am I right?

dec0d74a16827a0995b7f6d7de3dad46.png

"All the lazy people left, and most of the rest went to play something else because BnS is too hard for them. "

"Because BnS is to hard for them"

TOO HARD FOR THEM!!!

b6d092667cd31ed550b9e03997bb5c79.gif

1 hour ago, MrCalazans said:

I agree!!! You just need to lose your social life, stop sleeping and hanging out with friends, so you can get whatever you want in the game (Unless you are a pay to win player, so you can get things done fast!!!) It's easy to you say that if you are not getting some trouble with Bots and spammers. We stop playing it because we r "LAZY". YOU'RE RIGHT Mr Perfect & Genius! So I think most of BnS' players are Lazy, am I right?

just for example.
true hm soul stage 10 costs in eu 26k gold. if you just do 200g per day you will get this expensiv item in around 4 month. And dont tell me you dont know how to make 200g per day. Thats god dammit easy right now.

So where did you have to "lose your social life, stop sleeping and hanging out with friends"?

1 hour ago, RainbowDashie said:

just for example.
true hm soul stage 10 costs in eu 26k gold. if you just do 200g per day you will get this expensiv item in around 4 month. And dont tell me you dont know how to make 200g per day. Thats god dammit easy right now.

So where did you have to "lose your social life, stop sleeping and hanging out with friends"?

4 months is almost half year buddie. 4 months Just to make a SINGLE ITEM??? Really??? What about Legendary Wep & acessories? How many hours do you spend to make 200g in a day now?

8 hours ago, MrCalazans said:

4 months is almost half year buddie. 4 months Just to make a SINGLE ITEM??? Really??? What about Legendary Wep & acessories? How many hours do you spend to make 200g in a day now?

4 month for the strongest and most expensive item in the game right now. How many hours do i need to make 200g? i get 90 g for crafting each day. around 30g from dc. so this means i just need 70g. That means for me 1 hour naksun farm. So around 2-2.5 hours i need to get 200g.

45 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

4 month for the strongest and most expensive item in the game right now. How many hours do i need to make 200g? i get 90 g for crafting each day. around 30g from dc. so this means i just need 70g. That means for me 1 hour naksun farm. So around 2-2.5 hours i need to get 200g.

so what for next legendary weapon paths?

jewels?

pets?

too long time , too wide difference between those who do it now and those who will do it later.

too many materials, to much RNG.

too much. it is a game. not a job

9 hours ago, Shukran said:

so what for next legendary weapon paths?

jewels?

pets?

too long time , too wide difference between those who do it now and those who will do it later.

too many materials, to much RNG.

too much. it is a game. not a job

Then why rush it and not enjoy it at your own speed.

For weapon pathes, till when did you need bale/seraph 4-12? or Chokma? maybe Vortex? so in around 8 month.
legy 4-9 costs around 15k on eu (with still 1.5k for this orb). If i would do it more realistic (500g for orb) it justs cost 9.7k. So its just 1.5 month for legy.
Its the same question for pets. When did you realy need them? atm its a nice to have buffer for hell furnance. So maybe also just for Vortex?

we need 23 stones till stage 10 then 10 stones 3 pets and then 5 per stage and 7 per stage. This would mean 88 stones and 3 pets till legy stage 10. 
That is around 2.7k gold in eu. and means 0.9 month.

So whats now?

Archived